Charlamagne The God Says Nicki Minaj Is Turning into the Rap Game's Monique "MoNika"

section    |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section The Hip-Hop Spot

1 week ago '07        #76
Cambury 40 heat pts40
space
space
space
$39,967 | Props total: 16248 16248
 WhatYaLifeLike said
1200 streams count as 1 album sold most rappers back then was going platinum and the album wasn't even listened to 100 times
I disagree and most albums had more than 12 songs... Basically over the life time you think people didn't listen to an album 75 to 100 times?

1 week ago '05        #77
ArKane 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,802 | Props total: 3001 3001
its easy to sh*t on budden, he brings alot to himself

but nicki exposed herself... people who act out like that do it to hide the truth... like a child who overreacts to getting caught because they think no one innocent would act like that... but that sh*t never works
+2   

1 week ago '16        #78
BitterDiesel 
space
space
$995 | Props total: 2379 2379
 metro6 said
cthagod scared of kenneth petty pullin up
 shooter said
She sent a real shot when she said her guy gonna start addressing men.

Envy & Charlemagne immediately copped pleas. Immediately.
 Droopy said
Charlamagne ran from the drop, he soft. They try to push him as a strong black emasculated man

"Lemme get a drop my G?"

https://youtu.be/aMWhwE-iid8
+1   

1 week ago '05        #79
Dainfamous730 107 heat pts107
space
space
space
$1,161 | Props total: 5246 5246
 metro6 said
He aint tryna be Kenneth's next r*pe victim
+1   

1 week ago '15        #80
TintedThoughts 3 heat pts
space
space
$561 | Props total: 822 822
 kevin boogz said
i have my issues with mo'nique but she was right about everything.
and if you disagree with her don't ever complain about the state of black people/culture in the entertainment business.

as far as nicky goes she flamed joe, but i feel like she is having a meltdown soon.
Whole heartedly disagree with the meltdown part, I think she just got a real one in her corner, her husband, and heís not letting the sucker sh*t slide no more. He probably in her ear telling her to address all of it, and deal with the repercussions one way or another.
+1   

1 week ago '13        #81
Razor Ramon 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,088 | Props total: 11638 11638
 zone3cp said
Funny but no life.....
 t from the 617 said
this whats goin on out here??

bx homewreckers
Served his lame azz up some hot ether lol....u see he ain't came back to da thread. Probably crying somewhere

+2   

1 week ago '18        #82
David akaLegion 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,319 | Props total: 3702 3702
Nicki minaj dating a rapist
And had the audacity to say it was ok cuz her hubby and the victim at the time was in a relationship
fu*k this hoe
+1   

1 week ago '15        #83
Mtyjoejnblkblnd 77 heat pts77
space
space
$19,747 | Props total: 32106 32106
 Okka said
I guess there's some truth to this. For a while now every time I've done read somethin' about Nicki or there has been articles about her, it's always been about her talkin' sh*t about somebody or complainin' about somethin'.
Did Monique not have a legitimate point though?

1 week ago '15        #84
Mtyjoejnblkblnd 77 heat pts77
space
space
$19,747 | Props total: 32106 32106
 Almighty HA said
I agree but disagree. I'm not boycotting Netflix cuz YOU didn't get to the bag. Calling out Oprah after she helped her was a bad look. I was with Steve (kinda). These celebrities get upset, run to the internet before texting somebody. sh*t is weird.

Now back to Nicki, her attitude is the reason why other people ain't embracing her and she feels entitled because of what she accomplished, even though it's nothing compared to Lauryn Hill (this digital era bullsh*t numbers don't count to me). She thinks she is a literal Queen and everybody should bow before her. I get her gripe: If she was a male doing this, it would be no different. BUT, she forgets, with male artists, there's somebody on the otherside willing to push that line. She just blackballs, yells and threatens people when she don't get her way. I'm glad other female artists are out: it's showing her true colors. SHE is the "black girl tragic" that doesn't wanna see other women win.
Stopped reading after you said you was with Steve.

1 week ago '12        #85
styxz 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,562 | Props total: 1386 1386
 Almighty HA said
But you physically had to go to the store and buy the album. There was plenty of flops cuz the album/single was just not good. It was a REAL barometer of how good of an artist you were. Streams dont mean sh*t in the bigger picture. Especially when you get paid .00002 cents compared to a $1.50 after the label recouped. And You highlighted my Lauryn Hill sentence but you and I know: there is no way, in any dimension she is topping Ms. Hill. Not with physical sales, not with content, NOTHING.
Nah, absolutely was not and never will be.

You might be dope AND sell or stream a lot, but you're not ever dope BECAUSE you sell or stream a lot.

Marketing and business work independent of quality.

1 week ago '14        #86
Soaring Seagull 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,259 | Props total: 8078 8078
 LeMar G said
In hindsight, other than claiming Netflix was racist Monique was right

What else did she say?

1 week ago '09        #87
The Bully 472 heat pts472
space
space
$59,944 | Props total: 99798 99798
clown chatty patty shyt like breakfast club has contributed to the sh*tty state of hip hop culture
+2   

1 week ago '04        #88
H.N.I.C. 
space
space
space
$3,097 | Props total: 576 576
 LeMar G said
In hindsight, other than claiming Netflix was racist Monique was right

no she wasnít, she said she didnít even counter offer. besides that i mean the game is the game maybe she is blackballed but that didnít stop her from going on every major publication so go out and get yourself hot then comeback.

1 week ago '17        #89
YAYO101 
space
space
$4,379 | Props total: 11809 11809
Breakfast Club started this entire Cardi B "Wave" lets be honest and after Nicki went off on them...

They was on the Air complaining basically saying they done with her and all that

Michael Kyser who is in charge of "Black Music" at Atlantic is very close with Angela Yee as well as the rest of the Breakfast Club. No Doubt they all worked together to Build Up Cardi B with the HOPES to get Nicki the fu*k OUTTA HERE so she right.

They tore one artist down to build up another basically instead of lifting both up. So Mo'Nique is not Wrong, I don't know about him being destructive but he is very Divisive and a Instigator

Last edited by YAYO101; 08-13-2019 at 04:27 PM..

1 week ago '04        #90
bwlove02 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,926 | Props total: 1333 1333
 QdobaCasanova said
Damn she bi*ched tf outta Budden. I almost turned it off preemptively cause it was some dumb gossip sh*t but Nicki set the facts straight n had this n*gga tryna be demure n sh*t.

I aint even a Nicki fan; in fact, I think I strongly dislike her but she really shut Budden down.

Thatís what you get for bein a tea sippin a*s 40-something tho tbqf tho. Shoulda kept his nose out that ďooh honey chilíĒ sh*t and kept it about the music but nooooo
U got a point about Budden, I listened to the sh*t too, and she was arguing just like ain't sh*t bi*ches do. Just yellin over a n*gga not hearing the other side so her point is the only thing said or heard fu*k that bs

1 week ago '05        #91
youngvito18 9 heat pts
space
space
$15,462 | Props total: 9591 9591
 metro6 said
Super facts

CTHAGOD and envy sounded shook

Rory and Mal sounded pu**y

Surprisingly akademiks and Joe are the only two that are standing by their words

I wonder what happens when Nikki burns all her bridges

1 week ago '05        #92
youngvito18 9 heat pts
space
space
$15,462 | Props total: 9591 9591
 Punch Out said
Can Wax run the fade with big Ken dog?
Wax can but Ken showing up with his blood homies, unless Wax knows ultra instinct eventually he'll get beat like a hippo surrounded by a bunch of hyenas

1 week ago '16        #93
BuckMarley313 
space
space
$290 | Props total: 648 648
 CELE91 said
The bold part is where I stopped reading. Clearly you don't know what Oprah did too her and where her beef with Oprah stems from
What did Oprah do?

1 week ago '16        #94
solo 
space
space
space
$3,194 | Props total: 8162 8162
Iím really tired of nicki....she was mad at her own fans recently for her single not popping....bi*ch is always angry about something, stay claiming someone slighted her and itís fu*kin annoying...she needs to disappear
+1   

1 week ago '19        #95
Punch Out 2 heat pts
space
space
$386 | Props total: 1225 1225
 youngvito18 said
Wax can but Ken showing up with his blood homies, unless Wax knows ultra instinct eventually he'll get beat like a hippo surrounded by a bunch of hyenas
Charlamagne be pumping Wax up like he super-n*gga. Homie still living off that Ma$e best down in 2012

1 week ago '04        #96
goodi 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,846 | Props total: 2020 2020
that lame nigha is no god.

1 week ago '17        #97
CELE91 
space
space
$1,747 | Props total: 5704 5704
 BuckMarley313 said
What did Oprah do?
Oprah, Tyler perry and Lee daniels wanted monique to promote precious for free in order to get in the good graces of lions gate. She was not contractually obligated as lions gate didnt think the movie would do so well. She refused the request.

So on some snake sh*t, oprah asks Monique to bring her and her family on the show knowing full well they are dysfunctional. Monique disagrees. About a week later, Oprah goes behind her back and calls her brother and mother on the show without her knowledge. The brother goes on that monique was molested by him and other things that monique did not want the public to know as it was personal and could affect her career.

Last edited by CELE91; 08-14-2019 at 02:47 AM..
+2   

1 week ago '17        #98
YeahSo 
space
space
space
$141 | Props total: 325 325
 placez said
"being difficult" means wanting to get paid for work
Itís not even about not getting paid. Sometimes in life, people ask you to do something as a favor (i.e., promoting an Oscar nominated film you all worked on, pro bono, on the European film circuit). You absolutely have the right to say no, but that person has the right not to offer you favors later on.

So in that sense, I donít think Monique was necessarily wrong in saying no. The being difficult part comes in when you make years-long press runs denouncing the people you used to work with; then, wondering why your public favor has diminished and few want to work with you.

When Rick Ross lost his $10M deal with Reebok over the UOENO remix, Snoop gave him great advice (0:00 - 1:07):

You work with those that want to work with you: you donít badmouth the deals that fell through, you just keep it moving. Rick Ross never badmouthed Reebok: he took the hits, kept it moving, and is doing just fine now.

Meanwhile, Monique is STILL talking about the same thing, still badmouthing the same people 10+ years later. Would you want to do new business of any kind with someone like that, knowing that if sh*t goes left youíll have to hear about it in the news a decade later?
+1   

1 week ago '11        #99
kevin boogz 159 heat pts159
space
space
$5,392 | Props total: 13733 13733
 YeahSo said
Itís not even about not getting paid. Sometimes in life, people ask you to do something as a favor (i.e., promoting an Oscar nominated film you all worked on, pro bono, on the European film circuit). You absolutely have the right to say no, but that person has the right not to offer you favors later on.

So in that sense, I donít think Monique was necessarily wrong in saying no. The being difficult part comes in when you make years-long press runs denouncing the people you used to work with; then, wondering why your public favor has diminished and few want to work with you.

When Rick Ross lost his $10M deal with Reebok over the UOENO remix, Snoop gave him great advice (0:00 - 1:07):

You work with those that want to work with you: you donít badmouth the deals that fell through, you just keep it moving. Rick Ross never badmouthed Reebok: he took the hits, kept it moving, and is doing just fine now.

Meanwhile, Monique is STILL talking about the same thing, still badmouthing the same people 10+ years later. Would you want to do new business of any kind with someone like that, knowing that if sh*t goes left youíll have to hear about it in the news a decade later?
the difficult part came right after she refused to promote the movie for free. meanwhile she had her own show and comedy dates. so not only was she leaving money behind, she also wanted to spend time with her kids the little time she has.

the press runs came later, as a reaction to that. also Oprah has sh*tted on a lot of people but people are scared of her power. think about it, Mo said a lot of big actresses agreed with her. how do i believe her nobody came forward to say what she said isn't true. Oprah sh*ts on black people specially men. look what she did to her friend MJ??

also the rick ross reebok thing is totally different. ross f'ed up. you can say too much more about it.

1 week ago '16        #100
BuckMarley313 
space
space
$290 | Props total: 648 648
 CELE91 said
Oprah, Tyler perry and Lee daniels wanted monique to promote precious for free in order to get in the good graces of lions gate. She was not contractually obligated as lions gate didnt think the movie would do so well. She refused the request.

So on some snake sh*t, oprah asks Monique to bring her and her family on the show knowing full well they are dysfunctional. Monique disagrees. About a week later, Oprah goes behind her back and calls her brother and mother on the show without her knowledge. The brother goes on that monique was molested by him and other things that monique did not want the public to know as it was personal and could affect her career.
Oh naw that was some hoe sh*t fasho
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+252online now  41
Potential Classic That Was Ruined...
67 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+45online now  30
Who green lit this dumb ass movie and why are people praising it?
132 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+149online now  28
Video inside INSANE: China is unlocking supernatural powers in Africans!
163 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  8
Image(s) inside Nike Total Air Foamposite Max Making Return In 2020
35 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy