Deadline: 50 Cent's BMF Finale & POWER Book II: GHOST Draw 6 MILLION Viewers On STARZ

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 weeks ago '10        #1
993 page views
20 comments

HolyFatherSteve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x200
Props total: 55303 55 K  Slaps total: 38246 38 K
Deadline: 50 Cent's BMF Finale & POWER Book II: GHOST Draw 6 MILLION Viewers On STARZ

‘BMF’ Season Finale & ‘Power Book II: Ghost’ Return Fuel Starz App Surge To Most Watched Day Of 2021

By Nellie Andreeva, Patrick Hipes
November 24, 2021 1:03pm

EXCLUSIVE: The Season 1 finale of breakout new drama series BMF and the Season 2 premiere of Power Book II: Ghost on Sunday combined to draw record viewership across Starz’s global platforms, including the cable network and the Starz App, the latter of which hit new single-day highs for the year in views and one of the best days overall in its history, the company said Wednesday.

The BMF finale and the return of Power Book II: Ghost drew an average of 2.85 million L+SD multiplatform views each, setting record performance for Starz’s Sunday premieres. According to the network, the season finale of BMF was up 63% in multiplatform views compared with its Sept. 26 premiere while Ghost‘s viewership improved over its series premiere in September 2020.

In total, the two shows drew nearly 6 million combined multiplatform views on Sunday, with additional platforms still to report, according to Starz. Ghost and BMF also ranked No. 1 and No. 2, respectively, Sunday among premium telecasts and Black households in total day (L+SD).

The two dramas premiered worldwide across all platforms including on Starz in the U.S. and Canada, and day-and-date in Europe, Latin America and Japan via Starzplay.

Both series hail from executive producer Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, with Jackson teaming with Courtney A. Kemp on the first of their three spinoffs of the Power franchise. BMF was renewed for Season 2 just after its premiere, while Power is Power Book V: Force is gearing up for its February launch.

“The success of the BMF season one finale and the launch of Power Book II: Ghost season two, which drove some of our highest viewership, is a testament to how strongly our programming continues to resonate with our subscribers and continues to set Starz apart as a leader in programming by, about and for women and underrepresented audiences,” Starz president and CEO Jeffrey Hirsch said. “We’re thrilled to continue partnering with Curtis ‘50 Cent’ Jackson on a number of upcoming series and are excited for the continued expansion of the Power Universe with Power Book IV: Force upcoming in February, which will kick off our most robust programming slate in the network’s history.”

BMF, produced through Jackson’s G-Unit Film and Television in a*sociation with Lionsgate Television, is inspired by the true story of two brothers who rose from the decaying streets of southwest Detroit in the late 1980’s and gave birth to one of the most influential crime families in this country. Jackson executive produces with showrunner and writer Randy Huggins. Tasha Smith serves as director and executive producer for the series, which already has been renewed for a second season.

Power Book II: Ghost, from Lionsgate TV, is executive produced by Kemp and Jackson alongside Mark Canton. Kemp also serves as series creator and showrunner. Chris Selak, Shana Stein and Bart Wenrich also executive produce along with Brett Mahoney and Danielle De Jesus.
visit this link https://deadline.com/2021 .. ns-1234880388/

Last edited by HolyFatherSteve; 11-24-2021 at 08:47 PM..
+8   

best
worst
20 comments

2 weeks ago '10        #2
HolyFatherSteve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x200 OP

2 weeks ago '19        #3
MP2019  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 13351 13 K  Slaps total: 1574 1 K
Fif is k*llin it mane!

Hate all you want, the kid is back. It’s the unit bi*ch!
+19   

2 weeks ago '17        #4
Its 
Props total: 27680 27 K  Slaps total: 2220 2 K
I can't get into bmf
Imma check that new power though lol

2 weeks ago '17        #5
TrillestTalk404  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 54987 54 K  Slaps total: 8619 8 K
50 IS Starz! Really k*lling sh*t. Only a hater would disagree

+7   

2 weeks ago '15        #6
gemini8686  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 33028 33 K  Slaps total: 8922 8 K
That’s big

2 weeks ago '13        #7
EZ Green  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 72669 72 K  Slaps total: 9906 9 K
Qgtm
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #8
Tim Jay 
Props total: 22799 22 K  Slaps total: 3685 3 K
Godfather gonna Godfather
+2   

2 weeks ago '21        #9
Nomad UnKnown 
Props total: 1324 1 K  Slaps total: 206 206
Few days ago this bi*ch turned on that 50/chris brown song in the car.

Mfs bumpin 50 cent in 2021 and he got 2 hit shows.

That is not a sentence I thought I would ever say, but here we are.

I enjoy Power and I'm getting into BMF as soon as I finish Kanan.

I'll be caught up by Saturday.
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #10
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 155652 155 K  Slaps total: 35440 35 K
i personally prefer some of the other shows on starz

but popularity wise ? sure 50 wins

2 weeks ago '18        #11
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 56310 56 K  Slaps total: 12216 12 K
 strungout said
i personally prefer some of the other shows on starz

but popularity wise ? sure 50 wins

The 1 on the right fine. What this about?
+3   

2 weeks ago '07        #12
castro  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 26621 26 K  Slaps total: 5349 5 K
that tv money is serious if 50 fell back from music... lets keep it real, whether you think he "fell off" or isn't "relevant" musically, he has a big enough fan base of loyal/hardcore supporters to sustain making money from music, especially overseas... and especially from touring where majority of the money is generated when it comes to music - he could've been doing shows this whole time all over the globe but it seems like the money he's making from tv shows and movies is A LOT... shout out to 50, most of us grew up during his reign of the rap game era... THE UNIT!

Don't foget... all of this is still under G-Unit
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #13

+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #14
HoopLife88 
Props total: 43690 43 K  Slaps total: 5452 5 K
Black cinema excellence
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #15
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 155652 155 K  Slaps total: 35440 35 K
 Pastor Ra said
The 1 on the right fine. What this about?
It's a drama , but from a Mexican perspective more or less, pretty good story based out of east LA

I'd recommend it , lot of s*x scenes with both of them girls in it ( the one on the far left plays a lesbian)

Basically they reunited after their mother passes away , they had sort of an estranged relationship until that point , find out the mom owned a bar , and an investment company wants to buy it, so they try to f*ght to keep it and not let it be succumbed by gentrification

2 weeks ago '04        #16
NahLij  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 39178 39 K  Slaps total: 2516 2 K
And then there's the unknown number of us who don't have the Starz app and watch pirated online
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #17
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 50808 50 K  Slaps total: 8553 8 K
I fu*k with Fif and will support all his shows but lets keep it a buck, He needs to stop pigeonholing himself as the 'drug dealer/gangsta' director; At some point i'd like to see him work on a series inspired by Baby Boy or a comedy film ala Barbershop/Dont Be A Menace.

2 weeks ago '14        #18
iamlegend24 
Props total: 17868 17 K  Slaps total: 1713 1 K
 GetYaCoinsKing said
I fu*k with Fif and will support all his shows but lets keep it a buck, He needs to stop pigeonholing himself as the 'drug dealer/gangsta' director; At some point i'd like to see him work on a series inspired by Baby Boy or a comedy film ala Barbershop/Dont Be A Menace.
He did that and all those type shows got canceled. People like watching gangsta shows. 50 had 50 central canceled, for life which was a positive type show got canceled, and a cop show called the oath canceled. I pretty sure he wants to do other shows but people don't support other shows like that
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #19
Lurker 
Props total: 120637 120 K  Slaps total: 14123 14 K
 GetYaCoinsKing said
I fu*k with Brady and will support all of his performances but let’s keep it a buck, He needs to stop pigeonholing himself as the ‘traditional/pocket passer’ quarterback; At some point I’d like to see him work in Read Option plays inspired by Lamar Jackson or a spread offense ala Kyler Murray/Kliff Kingsbury

🤡🤡🤡🤡
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #20
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 50808 50 K  Slaps total: 8553 8 K
 Lurker said
I fu*k with Brady and will support all of his performances but let’s keep it a buck, He needs to stop pigeonholing himself as the ‘traditional/pocket passer’ quarterback; At some point I’d like to see him work in Read Option plays inspired by Lamar Jackson or a spread offense ala Kyler Murray/Kliff Kingsbury

🤡🤡🤡🤡
This is where your logic goes to sh*t, An athlete is beholden to its team/coach;
Fif not so much he can CHOOSE to be the quarterback or a receiver etc.

2 weeks ago '10        #21
Rain don't stop

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-73online now  14
Image(s) inside Midget from Game of Thrones riding with his daughter on a scooter
42 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+68online now  13
dr j says his tennis playing daughter was only born cause her mother had b..
129 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+563online now  13
Article inside My Salary Journey > 40k to 400k in 10 years
381 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+25online now  9
Video inside Miniature MAC-10 & Tec-9