Young Thug: I Donít See No Other City Taking The No. 1 Spot From Atlanta

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
68 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

6 days ago '18        #1
2670 page views
175 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x122
Props total: 142636 142 K  Slaps total: 6133 6 K
Young Thug: I Donít See No Other City Taking The No. 1 Spot From Atlanta

"Polo G recently sparked online debate when he declared his hometown of Chicago has the best rappers. While Polo claimed Chitown supremacy, one Atlanta resident suggested his city will remain the centerpiece of Hip Hop for a long time.

Young Thug and Gunna were part of a Revolt Summit panel on November 13 in Atlanta. The Gathering Spot CEO Ryan Wilson led the discussion which included a question about where Atlanta was heading in the Hip Hop space over the next five to ten years.

“Where New York always been,” Young Thug told Ryan Wilson. The YSL label leader referenced New York City which is the original home of Hip Hop. NYC is widely considered the Mecca of the culture.

Thug added, “I don’t see no other city taking over Atlanta because we steady having new artists come from Atlanta and we’re getting bigger and bigger and bigger. And the biggest artists that’s popping right now are from Atlanta. We gonna keep going higher and higher. I don’t see no other city gaining the #1 spot again. We got it.”

ATL Rappers Have Found Success In Hip Hop For Four Decades
Atlanta produced turn-of-the-millennium-era rap legends like OutKast, Goodie Mob, T.I., Ludacris, Jeezy, and Gucci Mane. The last ten years also saw the rise of Young Thug, Gunna, Future, Migos, 2 Chainz, Lil Baby, 21 Savage, JID, EarthGang, Lil Yachty, 6LACK, Playboi Carti, Latto, Lil Keed, and others.

Even though Young Thug is only 30 years old, he is still already considered a Hip Hop veteran. Thugger broke out as a recording artist thanks to projects such as 2015’s Barter 6 and 2015’s Slime Season.

The 300 Entertainment-backed rhymer, also known as Jeffery and s*x, dropped his Punk studio LP on October 15, 2021. Punk managed to open at #1 on the Billboard 200 chart and five songs from the album made it onto the Hot 100 weekly rankings."

visit this link https://allhiphop.com/new .. -from-atlanta/
@youngmic @Knowledgeable @Chris444 @Ron Swanson @Kyu @Bidam7 @True School 2 @hardcore bastad @talkofny2k4 @WaveForLife2 @Avon_Barksdale @EastAfrican @MightyHealthy2 @Taree @Naga Sadow @drose1985 @Two 40 Shorty @O1as @ChampD1012 @NoLedge18720 @Redrum741 @BobbiHeadRagTop @4evaabso @Cutty Olds @rello99 @PROV @jigga_benjamin @ol natl 44+ @BathWaterMelody @InfamousJ @Bill Wallace @SPdaGOAT @stealthm91 @consigliereA @Shhon @TrillestTalk404 @BangEm904 @OGpremo @victorious187 @Pretty Tone @Alessandro88 @GrgeClrk @Okka @dacoolestg @ThunnLanguage @Nahmeanuheard @Prodigital SC @BaseWhitaker @DeadleeThreat @Beach city @Leatherfacefr @servesurite @problym_chyld04 @Badnewz100 @AndyMuller @MiNimE3 @Bklynzfinest @sauvies @NVious @NAKHI ALLAH @GorillaGlue @Real @jet fuel @D-Clutch @2MuchSauce @smokeytheblunt2 @LordChaos @Sucka Repellent @B Dotel
+4   

best
worst
175 comments

6 days ago '13        #2
Commission 
Props total: 101742 101 K  Slaps total: 17019 17 K
The A is the new Mecca of the rap game

NY lost they identity, now a days they following the Chiraq drill movement
+22   

6 days ago '21        #3
Subjective 
Props total: 2098 2 K  Slaps total: 140 140
NY full of some dancing a*s n*ggas, n*ggas be gettin “sturdy” huhhhh??? , n*ggas coined the term “drive the boat” having n*ggas pour liquor in their mouth like what bro, n*ggas out here beefin wit each other for clout so they can have something to rap about like go travel n*gga trap some drugs fu*k some hoes man. These lil n*ggas ain’t ready for no rikers so idk why they speeding in that direction. I love my city but goddamn I hate the music
+18   

6 days ago '13        #4
Razor Ramon 
Props total: 16902 16 K  Slaps total: 1278 1 K
The A is def the mecca.....full of culture but lets be real....da A jack alot of other cities as well(get out ya feelins atliens)

NY wanna be chicago tho, even tho chicago influence went worldwide

The biggest rappers of the last decade aint from the A....Drake, K.dot, Cole. Drake uses the A for relevancy

I see Lil Baby runnin rap in the future tho

6 days ago '16        #5
Ghostface Killa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29569 29 K  Slaps total: 5204 5 K
I've yet to understand why n*ggas like Young Thug
+12   

6 days ago '07        #6
strongthetruth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 32865 32 K  Slaps total: 7991 7 K
Other cities beef too much. For Atlanta to be mostly black and have so many successful rappers without all the beef and hating in this generation is impressive. The inner love is unmatched.
+24   

6 days ago '18        #7
HoopLife88 
Props total: 42931 42 K  Slaps total: 5405 5 K
ATL hoar.

3 Stacks been told yall the South had something to say

Last edited by HoopLife88; 11-23-2021 at 10:26 AM..
+9   

6 days ago '07        #8
strongthetruth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 32865 32 K  Slaps total: 7991 7 K
 Razor Ramon said
The A is def the mecca.....full of culture but lets be real....da A jack alot of other cities as well(get out ya feelins atliens)

NY wanna be chicago tho, even tho chicago influence went worldwide

The biggest rappers of the last decade aint from the A....Drake, K.dot, Cole. Drake uses the A for relevancy

I see Lil Baby runnin rap in the future tho
You can’t name one other city Atlanta has “jacked.” It’s very much the other way around. People migrate to Atlanta not away from it. Also I’m willing to bet Future has sold more than J. Cole.
+3   

6 days ago '10        #9
6.Yrs 
Props total: 25765 25 K  Slaps total: 1461 1 K
 Subjective said
NY full of some dancing a*s n*ggas, n*ggas be gettin “sturdy” huhhhh??? , n*ggas coined the term “drive the boat” having n*ggas pour liquor in their mouth like what bro, n*ggas out here beefin wit each other for clout so they can have something to rap about like go travel n*gga trap some drugs fu*k some hoes man. These lil n*ggas ain’t ready for no rikers so idk why they speeding in that direction. I love my city but goddamn I hate the music
I still don't understand how it got to this point.

+2   

6 days ago '21        #10
Nomad UnKnown 
Props total: 956 956  Slaps total: 167 167
It's ATL & Chicago.

Baby & Durk.

Thug & Polo.

RIP Juice WRLD

Punk was extra trash besides the first song.

Last edited by Nomad UnKnown; 11-23-2021 at 10:57 AM..

6 days ago '14        #11
Kyu  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
Props total: 216596 216 K  Slaps total: 26052 26 K
Atlanta will never be the Mecca. It will always be NY, no matter how bad they want to be the Mecca they just arenít and a lot of their music is disposable and everyone sound the same. Canít be the Mecca off mumble rap and music for stripper hoes.
+13   

6 days ago '15        #12
ol natl 44 
Props total: 5892 5 K  Slaps total: 946 946
#ATLHOE fu*k yo city
+5   

6 days ago '21        #13
outstanding  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x51
Props total: 28856 28 K  Slaps total: 25244 25 K
Batty lanta

Florida NY Memphis on the map

6 days ago '20        #14
Trueballer718 
Props total: 4700 4 K  Slaps total: 928 928
 6.Yrs said
I still don't understand how it got to this point.

Those the greatest lyricists right there lol all from NY
+1   

6 days ago '14        #15
 strongthetruth said
You can’t name one other city Atlanta has “jacked.” It’s very much the other way around. People migrate to Atlanta not away from it. Also I’m willing to bet Future has sold more than J. Cole.
 ol natl 44 said
#ATLHOE fu*k yo city

Yeh they they Mecca alright, just not when it comes to Hip Hop.

+21   

6 days ago '15        #16
TrillTalk520  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 40922 40 K  Slaps total: 2683 2 K
I feel like Detroit gets overlooked on that list but it's like homey above stated. There's a lot of beef in different cities that makes it hard for artists to bubble. I feel like Atlanta is just a lil different because they do beef bt they put the bag before anything out there

As far as Detroit though, they have muhfu*kas really rapping out there and they're making the scene fun. I know they are some money getting a*s muhfu*kas too so if they could keep the beef below the surface, in the next 10 years I could definitely see them gaining enough traction to compete with Atlanta
+8   

6 days ago '04        #17
ddash 
Props total: 56525 56 K  Slaps total: 4218 4 K
Oh yea this def a bx ranting type thread cause when its about something black 2 things,2 people or 2 places cant be great

Carry on
+3   

6 days ago '21        #18
nocomment  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9832 9 K  Slaps total: 1519 1 K
I see no one knows what Mecca means
+14   

6 days ago '06        #19
Affectz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 17257 17 K  Slaps total: 12653 12 K
 Ghostface k*lla said
It's not for u to understand, your a fu*king wu tang fan lol
+5   

6 days ago '21        #20
FleshAxe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 6993 6 K  Slaps total: 6100 6 K
The south took the crown in 03
+4   

6 days ago '14        #21
 Ghostface k*lla said
 Affectz said
It's not for u to understand, your a fu*king wu tang fan lol
Wu Tang > fingernail painting dress wearing young thug
+8   

6 days ago '21        #22
Learnism  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 11468 11 K  Slaps total: 3287 3 K
San Francisco for sure.

6 days ago '21        #23
Playboy69  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 19951 19 K  Slaps total: 2167 2 K
Bay Area Culture is where all the Hip Hop slang comes from...
+1   

6 days ago '13        #24
Hayek  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 16378 16 K  Slaps total: 5358 5 K
 strongthetruth said
You canít name one other city Atlanta has ďjacked.Ē Itís very much the other way around. People migrate to Atlanta not away from it. Also Iím willing to bet Future has sold more than J. Cole.
Future has not sold more albums than j cole
+1   

6 days ago '06        #25
Affectz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 17257 17 K  Slaps total: 12653 12 K
 Kyu said
Wu Tang > fingernail painting dress wearing young thug
No sh*t sherlock
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+120online now  16
Image(s) inside rottweiler/german shepard mix gotta be the coolest dog
113 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+68online now  11
Image(s) inside Remember when Young Money had a weak budget?
134 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
Video inside Ebro Under Fire For Resurfaced Video Saying Singer Tinashe Is Too Light..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+26online now  5
Bone Thugs N Harmony should start their Verzuz with this song 🔥㈝..
137 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy