College Football Playoff rankings (11/23)

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
12 replies  @wild'ish

most viewed right now
36 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

5 days ago '19        #1
318 page views
15 comments

Mr Insecurity  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 9328 9 K  Slaps total: 898 898
College Football Playoff rankings (11/23)

1. visit this link Georgia

2. Ohio St.

3. Alabama

4. Cincinnati
+4   

best
worst
15 comments

5 days ago '19        #2
Mr Insecurity  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
Michigan is 5th and Notre Dame is 6th.

Georgia is in (unless they lose to Tech and then lose to Alabama).

The Michigan vs. Ohio State winner is in (if they go on to win the Big Ten championship.

I don’t understand how Alabama still gets in if they lose the SEC championship game (though I keep hearing speculation that they could).

I’m still expecting some chicanery with Cincinnati (possibly being jumped by Oklahoma St. if the Cowboys win out).
+3   

5 days ago '20        #3
Chozen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28275 28 K  Slaps total: 4665 4 K
2 loss Bama gets in as long as the L isn't too Auburn.

Cincy is in just so the committee can prove G5 teams can't hang with the true top of the P5...Georgia will choke though
+1   

5 days ago '19        #4
 Chozen said

Cincy is in just so the committee can prove G5 teams can't hang with the true top of the P5...Georgia will choke though
I’m not so naive that I think that the CFP is a meritocracy—I realize that a team’s ability to draw viewers to a game plays a factor in which teams are selected. However, a team’s reputation can only carry them so far.

A 2-loss playoff team has never happened before and this Alabama team hasn’t played the type of schedule that warrants them making history.

An 11-1 Notre Dame team could (and should jump an 11-2 Alabama team that won’t have a conference championship on its resume. There is also OK st. (a 12-1 Big XII champ, if they win out).
+2   

5 days ago '17        #5
DreDaGod  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 8625 8 K  Slaps total: 1568 1 K
 Chozen said

Man stfu
+1   

5 days ago '18        #6
addth3sauce  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8132 8 K  Slaps total: 612 612
 Mr Insecurity said
Michigan is 5th and Notre Dame is 6th.

Georgia is in (unless they lose to Tech and then lose to Alabama).

The Michigan vs. Ohio State winner is in (if they go on to win the Big Ten championship.

I don’t understand how Alabama still gets in if they lose the SEC championship game (though I keep hearing speculation that they could).

I’m still expecting some chicanery with Cincinnati (possibly being jumped by Oklahoma St. if the Cowboys win out).
Love the verbage

+2   

5 days ago '13        #7
FlareMafia 
Props total: 11193 11 K  Slaps total: 839 839
No way Bama gets in with 2 losses.
+1   

5 days ago '12        #8
Legit Jones 
Props total: 13629 13 K  Slaps total: 746 746
 Chozen said

I hope Cincy gets in so we can see how they hold up against the competition. But a 2 loss team shouldn’t get in, Period.
+2   

5 days ago '16        #9
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 72035 72 K  Slaps total: 8548 8 K
OSU got it this year

5 days ago '20        #10
Chozen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28275 28 K  Slaps total: 4665 4 K
 Legit Jones said
I hope Cincy gets in so we can see how they hold up against the competition. But a 2 loss team shouldn’t get in, Period.
I agree they SHOULDN'T but no one in America would be surprised if 2 loss Bama gets in especially if it's only by like 3 to UGA...Bama with 2 losses by a total of 6 points most likely gets in. It'll be

UGA
OSU
CINCY
BAMA

That sh*t sells

5 days ago '04        #11
shadychef04  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 11553 11 K  Slaps total: 1176 1 K
Heres how i think it plays out...

1. georgia (beats bama in sec championship)
2. ohio state (beats michigan and wins big10)
3. oklahoma st or baylor (big12 winner will hop non power 5 and also ND due to idle week for ND and their loss to Cinci)
4. cincinnati (wins out)
+1   

5 days ago '19        #12
Alabama is good (as they always are). They started the season ranked #1 and have never been outside the top 5. They're scoring over 44 points per game and giving up less than 20 per game. They're 10=1 and have won the SEC Western Division.

But looking at their schedule...

- University of Miami (44-13). Miami was ranked 14th at the time, but this win lost a little luster when the Canes were 2-4 halfway through the season. They've turned things around (considerably), but this isn't a signature victory for Alabama.

- Mercer (48-14). This is not even, what we old heads call, a D-1 school. They're 7-3 overall, but Bama isn't handing their hat on this victory either.

- Florida (31-29). Florida was ranked 11th when they played and this was really seen as a big deal when the game was played. Alabama went into The Swamp and beat the undefeated Gators. Florida is now 5-6 and Dan Mullen has been fired. How many style points should Alabama get for beating them by 2?

- Southern Mississippi (63-14). Southern Miss is 2-9 and just got their first win over a D-1 opponent.

- Ole Miss (42-21). Ranked #12 when the game was played, they're ranked #8 in the most recent CFP rankings. This is the best win on Bamas schedule. Both teams were undefeated when they played and Bama beat them convincingly.

- Texas A&M (lost 41-38). The Aggies were unranked when Alabama came to visit. I submit that they wouldn't be ranked today if it weren't for this game. They were 0-2 in SEC play coming into the Bama game and while it could be said that this game turned their season around, they lost to the only other tough opponent (Ole Miss) that they faced. People may be overrating this Aggies team in order to inflate Bama's resume.

- Mississippi State (49-9). They beat Texas A&M the week before the Aggies beat Alabama. I'm not as impressed wit that as others are. They're currently 7-4.

- Tennessee (52-24). 4-3 and unranked when they played, they're 6-5 and unranked now. The margin of victory was impressive, but that was aided by a 28-7 4th quarter.

- LSU (20-14). The Tigers season was going so well that they'd already "fired" the coach who won them a national title TWO years ago. They're 5-6 now (but somehow kept it within a TD against Bama).

- New Mexico State (59-3). These Aggies are 1-10 (0-10 against D-1 opponents), score 20 points per game and give up 46 points per game. Why were they on Alabama's schedule?

- Arkansas (42-35). Ranked 21st when they played, they're 25th now (at 7-4). This was not an impressive victory.

All of that to say that I think that the idea of Alabama being able to lose a second game and still make the playoffs THIS YEAR is ludicrous. This year's Bama squad is not like some of their one-loss teams of the past where they slipped up once against a brutal schedule and were CLEARLY one of the top four teams in the land. If they lose to Georgia--no matter how close the game is--that will be a second loss. There will be one-loss teams that will be more deserving of a shot at the national title (even if only slightly).

5 days ago '07        #13
KeepinItTrill 
Props total: 71025 71 K  Slaps total: 4549 4 K
every year they overrate these bum a*s Big 10 teams (besides Ohio State) and Notre Dame

5 days ago '19        #14
 shadychef04 said

3. oklahoma st or baylor (big12 winner will hop non power 5 and also ND due to idle week for ND and their loss to Cinci)
4. cincinnati (wins out)
Yeah, that lack of a 13th game could hurt Notre Dame. Maybe it ain't fair..but what can you do?

4 days ago '19        #15
ITL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 6119 6 K  Slaps total: 743 743
 FlareMafia said
No way Bama gets in with 2 losses.
Company narrative pusher Kirk Herbstreit already planted the seed 2 weeks ago - a*suming (at the time) that they’d be the only team out of the top 4 to lose.

SEC is ESPN’s brand, they’re gonna put them in there every chance they get.

I’d love to see Mich beat OSU, then Wisc win the Big 10 championship, then Georgia beat Bama - then they’ll have an even harder time explaining themselves.

Whole thing is about money and ESPN’s CFB talking heads are nothing but stooges.

I’ll also never forget seeing Kirk not even know his top 5 and then k*lling time while the producer is seen running into the shot handing him the paper...

4 days ago '19        #16
ITL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 6119 6 K  Slaps total: 743 743
 shadychef04 said

4. cincinnati (wins out)
Oklahoma State lost to an unranked team, as did Bama.

Amazing how that doesn’t knock teams out anymore.

We’re one pick 6 away (ND loss to Cin) from them having to tap dance their way into explaining how ND is getting left out.

Last edited by ITL; 11-24-2021 at 11:03 AM..

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+59online now  25
Video inside Detroit Security Guard Goes Viral For His Horrible Self Defense Trainin..
153 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+106online now  25
Image(s) inside rottweiler/german shepard mix gotta be the coolest dog
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  20
Video inside Coinbase scamming if you get too grown on them...
127 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+35online now  10
Video inside Christopher B Duncan talks about how the “Braxton” character ruined his..
75 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy