"There's no money in music"-Boxden accountants

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+24  51
88 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

New replies show every 20 seconds
 4 weeks ago '07        #51
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x88
Props total: 217015 217 K  Slaps total: 19613 19 K
 Bigg_Slime said
All my pu**y a*s groupies did drive-by slaps

Especially these d*cketers...

Ocean Springs 04-15-2021 03:54 PM
BuiltForThis 04-15-2021 02:53 PM

+2   

4 weeks ago '19        #52
Anomic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 69003 69 K  Slaps total: 10674 10 K
 Scorpz said
From my 25+ years of photoshop experience (since I was 11 or 12) I've learned that the #1 skill that's a must is to get nasty with the pen tool.. get comfortable cropping things out using the alt n control shortcuts on ur keyboard to curves lines and move the anchor point to the direction in which u making ur next line.. by doing it this way u get that nice smooth edge.. amateurs use the wand tool and that sh*t leaves jaggedy edges.. check out pen tool tutorials on YouTube.. honestly I barely learned much taking graphic classes in HS n College.. i was ahead of whatever they coulda taught me at that point from all the tutorials I watched thru out the years.. Youtube's the best teacher u could get..
Appreciate it plair

Im bouta hop on the Amazon Merch wave and make a cool 1k-6k on average(a month)
+1   

4 weeks ago '10        #53
Bigg_Slime  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x37 OP
Props total: 59250 59 K  Slaps total: 28904 28 K
 GoldynChyld421 said
All that sounds good, but it costs money. You have to pay to get on those playlists, you're competing against labels with millions to spend. Not to mention features, getting on shows etc. Everybody is gonna charge you.

Indy labels like Empire who do 80/20 splits are the best compromise in my opinion.
If u ain't ready to spend money, work a regular job

I know n*ggas who go to work 12 hours and spend $300 a week on weed

That's 1200 a month minimum just to smoke. Dudes should have no problem investing in music

It's a down payment for a better future

4 weeks ago '10        #54
Bigg_Slime  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x37 OP
Props total: 59250 59 K  Slaps total: 28904 28 K
 Avon_Barksdale said
Especially these d*cketers...

Ocean Springs 04-15-2021 03:54 PM
BuiltForThis 04-15-2021 02:53 PM

Them boys dedicated
+1   

4 weeks ago '07        #55
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x88
Props total: 217015 217 K  Slaps total: 19613 19 K
 Bigg_Slime said

Them boys dedicated
Super dedicated...

+1   

4 weeks ago '05        #56
Scorpz 
Props total: 49565 49 K  Slaps total: 3844 3 K
 Anomic said
Appreciate it plair

Im bouta hop on the Amazon Merch wave and make a cool 1k-6k on average(a month)
If u get some clever designs them sh*ts will sell like hot cakes.. im working with @ designing shirts for his clothing brand.. ive got some fire shirt designs ready to go.. BX will be the 1st to know when we open shop..
+1   

4 weeks ago '19        #57
Anomic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 69003 69 K  Slaps total: 10674 10 K
 Scorpz said
If u get some clever designs them sh*ts will sell like hot cakes.. im working with @ designing shirts for his clothing brand.. ive got some fire shirt designs ready to go.. BX will be the 1st to know when we open shop..
Not really clever but they gon sell tho

The trick is to master the niches, u cant beat sh*t that's been popular for years, u gon have to do sum new
+1   

4 weeks ago '11        #58
BaseWhitaker 
Props total: 20752 20 K  Slaps total: 2335 2 K
 A2020poster said
The worst was Chet Hanx new song opening up with “soon as you get a bag a female wanna take it” dude you’ve been an expense all your life :laugh:
People with no real responsibilities bragging like they accomplished something, I just ignore the sh*t. Russ' music is whack *but* if he helps Black Artists get paid then I can see that as a positive, I don't listen to his sh*t tho one of my homies loves him but it's whatever.

I saw something on Twitter "Chet Hanks is definitely cut out of the will" sh*t had me rolling lmao
+1   

4 weeks ago '11        #59
Radio Raheem 
Props total: 4307 4 K  Slaps total: 249 249
 punchlineking said
I wish i knew i aint in the game...

if anyone knows put me on so i can tell them...

i think that sh*t is payola as well... gotta be
I know somebody that rap. He reached out to some platform that basically gets your streams up. They put him on this Playlist on Spotify that got over 100,000 followers and upped his YouTube and soundcloud views. I'll find out what the service was called. I got a throwback Playlist and a new one I made that got a nice following. Somebody told me i could reach out to artist on IG and whatnot and have them pay me to post it on my page. I'm not Tryna do that. I made the list for my ears
+2   

4 weeks ago '16        #60
lilh305 
Props total: 797 797  Slaps total: 64 64
 Radio Raheem said
I know somebody that rap. He reached out to some platform that basically gets your streams up. They put him on this Playlist on Spotify that got over 100,000 followers and upped his YouTube and soundcloud views. I'll find out what the service was called. I got a throwback Playlist and a new one I made that got a nice following. Somebody told me i could reach out to artist on IG and whatnot and have them pay me to post it on my page. I'm not Tryna do that. I made the list for my ears
Drop that name when you can fam.

I’ll drop some insight here earlier. Bout to damn near copy paste my post from the last time I spoke on here

4 weeks ago '18        #61
The3 
Props total: 9271 9 K  Slaps total: 1555 1 K
But you can still

Using artists
+1   

4 weeks ago '20        #62
Moogie Johnson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6372 6 K  Slaps total: 1453 1 K
Russ is a trust fund baby, he admitted in an interview that his father or grandfather is a real estate mogul and legit owns thousands of apartments and is worth hundreds of millions.

He talked about it in some interview a while back, Russ is a straight up clown and is a rich white kid who used his familys millions to push his career and has the nerve to front like he started from the bottom.
+3   

4 weeks ago '16        #63
Teknicks 
Props total: 30929 30 K  Slaps total: 5377 5 K
 Bigg_Slime said
I dont wanna keep spamming the russ YouTube interview but scroll up a couple posts

Yall gotta realize this n*gga had the same story as anybody else..started making beats at 14, dropped 11 projects, then took the sound cloud route

And eventually after linking with Columbia, his songs peaked in the top 100

This sh*t was hard and I can see why it popped

It helps to actually have a single that finally connects..from then on, sharpen your business end up EARLY. He said it himself it's a lotta money in streaming.

I really dont think its complex if u got good music and a hustler spirit. This is hands down the easiest time to get in this sh*t. Look how many women have gotten on in the past year or so alone

These bi*ches see this sh*t

I'm tellin u
So as I said. Most people won't make any money.

Most of the people in music I know are broke or got money from something else. I got homies that can rap better than Russ and never took off.

I guess you're saying the lottery or playing football are good ways to make money too?
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 weeks ago '18        #64
classicrap1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 13761 13 K  Slaps total: 15311 15 K
 Commission said
Plenty of money in music

Especially now a days more artist going indie then signing to a major
no it's not. you would not have migos,city girls and others sueing there boss and people for cheating them out of millions.

sh*t n*gga only thing a local artist or virgin fl studio producer or rapper or songwriter or instrumental person can hope for. is music supervisors will pick up your beat,instumental,score, or song for a movie,tv show, or tv commerical or video games.

outside of that. it's impossivble to get people to listen to your music.

it's impossible to get fans.

sh*t n*gga you be better off paying a instagram thot to play your music in echange for cash. if 1,000 or 10,000 thirsty n*ggas here it.

you song might go viral and you probably can eat.

4 weeks ago '10        #65
umeda 
Props total: 3057 3 K  Slaps total: 502 502
Tell dat to lilwayne and his new 15 million dollar mansion

4 weeks ago '15        #66
ric ado 
Props total: 1571 1 K  Slaps total: 198 198
 The2ndHorseman said
his pops was an A&R so he had keys to the game
This is false his dad was a failed marketing person totally unrelated to music
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 weeks ago '18        #67
classicrap1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 13761 13 K  Slaps total: 15311 15 K
 GoldynChyld421 said
All that sounds good, but it costs money. You have to pay to get on those playlists, you're competing against labels with millions to spend. Not to mention features, getting on shows etc. Everybody is gonna charge you.

Indy labels like Empire who do 80/20 splits are the best compromise in my opinion.
right tech 9nine work ethic is unreal. adn dj paul and lord infamous had rich street drug dealers who could help them get there indie sh*t off the ground.

2. not everybody can do what master p,dj paul,soulja boy, viral moment.

3. it's best to try to get your sh*t in movies,tv shows, and video games and tv commericals at this point. or do some gospel rap. or movie music. or comdey rap for viral purposes.

anybody cannot make it. n*ggas is buying streams,viral sh*t.

a record company worker exposed that they were making memes with kevin gates and nba youngboy and others to try to get there names and companies out there.

that when i said it's a wrap.

4 weeks ago '18        #68
jay2cold 
Props total: 7530 7 K  Slaps total: 556 556
 Scorpz said

never fails bx accountants computers putin sh*t is pure pandemonium

+2   

4 weeks ago '20        #69
Its Dark At 9  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 15262 15 K  Slaps total: 1930 1 K
 Anomic said
Aint russ the son of a label CEO or sum??
Yea his pops been in the music business

Nothing wrong with your pops being the plug. His journey was easier than most that gotta put in the extra work to get on/noticed. I just think that fact makes him sound like a pretentious f*g**t and smart-ass

+2   

4 weeks ago '11        #70
Blue Dream 
Props total: 1431 1 K  Slaps total: 109 109
First a thread of dudes defending Akademiks

Now a thread of dudes going back and forth with each other defending Russ for 3 pages

BX dead as fu*k

4 weeks ago '16        #71
alejandrugas 
Props total: 3856 3 K  Slaps total: 205 205
So like some of ya said which I didn’t know is that Russ is related to people in the music biz that helped him.. most people don’t have that and they don’t have people in their corner guiding them. I can’t stand when people have so many more advantages than the reg dude trying to spit some knowledge like they looking out for you and anyone could do it

4 weeks ago '04        #72
synopsis03|m 
Props total: 784 784  Slaps total: 87 87
 JFlameNoMercy said
How u get on a playlist tho

submit your music to your distributor a month before the planned release most distrokid, tunecore etc will then take those planned releases and add them to what ever DSP's new releases playlist if its not trash from there other playlist will pick it up
+1   

New replies show every 20 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+78online now  26
Image(s) inside Post A Pic of the Woman You With Right Now. Let's rate 1-10.
753 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+39online now  23
Brie Larson unfriends Gal Gadot amid tweet defending Israel
189 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+55online now  22
"Who k*lled Mac Dre"