DMX Recounts Comparisons When He Came Out!

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

4 weeks ago '19        #1
770 page views
12 comments

BKFinestMint  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 3239 3 K  Slaps total: 1419 1 K
DMX Recounts Comparisons When He Came Out!

+11   

best
worst
12 comments

Top 10 most propped recently  4 weeks ago '13        #2
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 68199 68 K  Slaps total: 28078 28 K
+2   

4 weeks ago '19        #3
MP2019 
Props total: 9832 9 K  Slaps total: 1052 1 K
X in his own lane. I respect it
+8   

4 weeks ago '16        #4
stealthm91  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 31464 31 K  Slaps total: 5056 5 K
Suge would've had the 96 Brooklyn Nets if they signed X

+1   

4 weeks ago '15        #5
Baudimore  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 6127 6 K  Slaps total: 2269 2 K
Fam there's not a single interview where it's not funny af, transparent, and/or insightful

People's champ
+6   

4 weeks ago '17        #6
Drewsmit 
Props total: 17978 17 K  Slaps total: 2475 2 K

4 weeks ago '07        #7
Bullseye 
Props total: 7956 7 K  Slaps total: 1490 1 K
They were a similar height and stature and they were both the most honest and genuine rap artists we've ever seen and both wore their hearts on their sleeves.

However, that's where it starts and that's where it stops. They were both in their own universes and brought 2 totally different styles/vibes to the game. Both legends in their own rights and in their own lanes.
+8   

4 weeks ago '12        #8
Asstrologist81 
Props total: 404 404  Slaps total: 80 80
Ja wanted that title "the next pac"
+5   

4 weeks ago '13        #9
CrunchTime CDN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 32399 32 K  Slaps total: 7255 7 K
 Asstrologist81 said
Ja wanted that title "the next pac"
Nah DMX & Ja moved in on that spot after 2pac died

None of DMX pre 96 songs had any emotion / passion he was more like Onxy before

4 weeks ago '10        #10
trill jackson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 100223 100 K  Slaps total: 11201 11 K
journalists are so fu*kin lazy, they see he's bald headed and looks slightly similar so they think thats enough to compare the two,dark skin and fat they compare you to biggie, truth is dmx is one of the most distinctively individual sounding mcs to ever grip that mic. dude was literally barking on songs how can you compare him to anybody?
+1   

4 weeks ago '21        #11
Keithf87 
Props total: 3362 3 K  Slaps total: 197 197
Need them Black Timbs for the summer.

RIP Dark Man X

4 weeks ago '05        #12
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 33049 33 K  Slaps total: 9345 9 K
 trill jackson said
journalists are so fu*kin lazy, they see he's bald headed and looks slightly similar so they think thats enough to compare the two,dark skin and fat they compare you to biggie, truth is dmx is one of the most distinctively individual sounding mcs to ever grip that mic. dude was literally barking on songs how can you compare him to anybody?
 Bullseye said
They were a similar height and stature and they were both the most honest and genuine rap artists we've ever seen and both wore their hearts on their sleeves.

However, that's where it starts and that's where it stops. They were both in their own universes and brought 2 totally different styles/vibes to the game. Both legends in their own rights and in their own lanes.
Pac and DMX were definitely alike imo. Both had passion in their delivery and X basically picked up where Pac left off when he died starring in major motion pictures and running with the thug, shirtless, bandana photo shoots and persona that was reminiscent of Pac. And from the music side, both also had this I'll f*ght, ride, and die tonight theme and also a spiritual theme even though you can hear the demons in their music. As someone that listens to both, I definitely see strong correlation between the 2.
+1   

4 weeks ago '07        #13
Bullseye 
Props total: 7956 7 K  Slaps total: 1490 1 K
 4REAL said
Pac and DMX were definitely alike imo. Both had passion in their delivery and X basically picked up where Pac left off when he died starring in major motion pictures and running with the thug, shirtless, bandana photo shoots and persona that was reminiscent of Pac. And from the music side, both also had this I'll f*ght, ride, and die tonight theme and also a spiritual theme even though you can hear the demons in their music. As someone that listens to both, I definitely see strong correlation between the 2.
I can respect that and I can see how you draw those comparisons. I listened to both heavily. And I will say, when I listen to Pac, DMX never comes to mind. And when I listen to DMX, Pac never comes to mind. They were both their own musically. Pac was more poetic, deep and at times uplifting and inspiring. He had the messages the voice that needed to be heard by his generation. DMX was more raw, dark, rugged and energetic. He got you in touch with your darker emotions and also pumped you up and made you want to blow the roof off. That's my 2 cents.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+39online now  16
Brie Larson unfriends Gal Gadot amid tweet defending Israel
193 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+50online now  11
May 11 - Grandpa went in Dunkin donuts with day kkk banter n got soul knocked ..
186 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+78online now  7
Image(s) inside Post A Pic of the Woman You With Right Now. Let's rate 1-10.
754 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+44online now  5
Joe Budden Podcast is over as we know it
559 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy