Sonny Digital Looking Bad In These Streets, Not Getting Paid As A Producer

most viewed right now
-23  107
22 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

1 week ago '04        #51
DJ Maximum|M  70 heat pts70
space
space
$47,653   Props total: 30243 30243
He signed a fu*ked up deal early I remember this awhile back

Metro boomin same position

They get these publishing deals and theyre fu*ked
+4   

1 week ago '04        #52
Hardkore  12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,531   Props total: 4742 4742
 sosalewis1 said
if yawl don't realize he basically talking about metro booming...21 savage...808 mafia......future.....he was kinda one of the first pioneers of this new ear trap music (producer wise) him and lex luger and helped a lot of these producers and rappers start out their careers......but now as time goes on he isn't really making money and looking for the people he helped start out their careers help him while he's down and they are not.....future....21 savage etc...none of these n*ggas are using his beats anymore.....and haven't been for the last 3-4 years.....
you completely right.

the way it sounds is sonny signed bad paperwork with universal.

plus a handful of south producers took his spot. i hope he comes out on top in this situation.

1 week ago '17        #53
sosalewis1 
space
space
space
$24   Props total: 39 39
 Hardkore said
you completely right.

the way it sounds is sonny signed bad paperwork with universal.

plus a handful of south producers took his spot. i hope he comes out on top in this situation.
right crazy..but the crazier part is a lot of the producers that took his spot he taught a lot of the game to....but their relationship wit the rappers are better tham his....politics crazy in life frfr.
+2   

1 week ago '16        #54
theidiotlamper 
space
space
$595   Props total: 931 931
 WestPittsburg said
How much money you expect to make when your career is based off mixtape beats tho
Right when the samples aren't cleared and all the money is from shows
+2   

1 week ago '16        #55
Boogie1790  9 heat pts9
space
space
$8,884   Props total: 22780 22780
 LILHAITIBABYYY said
They not tryna let n*ggas become super producers no more. Truth be told the whole “black” thing is going out of style. Were being phased out slowly but surely.

Think about it

Hip hop crossover acts:

Cardi b- Hispanic

6ix9ine-Hispanic

Drake-White and black

J. Cole- white and black

Only thing they tryna hear from us is gangsta sh*t unless you sign that 1080 deal like Travis Scott
Realest of spill

1 week ago '19        #56
93NinetyFour  5 heat pts5
space
space
space
$99   Props total: 245 245
 LILHAITIBABYYY said
They not tryna let n*ggas become super producers no more. Truth be told the whole “black” thing is going out of style. Were being phased out slowly but surely.

Think about it

Hip hop crossover acts:

Cardi b- Hispanic

6ix9ine-Hispanic

Drake-White and black

J. Cole- white and black

Only thing they tryna hear from us is gangsta sh*t unless you sign that 1080 deal like Travis Scott
Post Malone. Don't forget about Posty.
+6   

1 week ago '06        #57
bxdiplomat  111 heat pts111
space
space
$6,289   Props total: 12136 12136
It would take forever to get out a deal with all them collab producer tracks

sh*t paperwork and all them mixtapes

1 week ago '17        #58
rosaboy 
space
space
space
$40   Props total: 209 209
 606robin said
Sonny my guy, but bruh signed them contracts. The issue with early 2000s was the mixtape wave being published on the net. n*ggas had no way to monetize, so folks began signing to labels. Then a few years later, tunecore and districtkid appeared. It’s the same way for some early indie rappers. Folks signed too quick, without reading the print. It sucks, because I know the feeling of being so hungry and seeing your sh*t pop off you produced and others eating, while you’re on that $5 foot long back then. To be honest you need to be rapper as well to be a producer so you can eat consistently vs waiting for that semi annual Royalty check

Sites like Rocbattle, soundclick and sh*t. fu*ked a lot of heads up, when they lost traction and labels swooped in with “production deals”. My neighbor produced USAs “Covert Affairs” music. He’s still getting royalties. He paid off his home off that and Airbnb rental investment near Cowboy stadium. He’s only sold 2 rap instrumentals to a documentary film
That’s crazy that you said that, I stay near the guy that produced “All gold everything” and I believe he is still doing well from that and “uptown funk”
+5   

1 week ago '04        #59
AkaiMakai 
space
space
space
$405   Props total: 261 261
Off the video OP posted sounds like Sonby doesn’t understand the game plus didn’t lawyer up. Unfortunate.
+1   

1 week ago '19        #60
Bae  3 heat pts3
space
space
space
$98   Props total: 199 199
 LILHAITIBABYYY said

Think about it

Hip hop crossover acts:

Cardi b- Hispanic

6ix9ine-Hispanic

Drake-White and black

J. Cole- white and black

WTH is a 1080 deal?

1 week ago '17        #61
BanMan4Wut 
space
space
space
$1,586   Props total: 3963 3963
 W24x55 said

Had to of made some bread from that.

Song still sounds new today.
NEVER heard 1 shady(pun intended) deal about Fif and Money or paying someone...he will come collectnor give you MORE than but he wont jerk ya

1 week ago '17        #62
BanMan4Wut 
space
space
space
 LILHAITIBABYYY said

Think about it

Hip hop crossover acts:

Cardi b- Hispanic

6ix9ine-Hispanic

Drake-White and black

J. Cole- white and black

The have BEEEEEENNNN doing that in music since day ONE BUT THEY WILL NEVER do it because we are THAT Nice!!!

Elvis, Willie Nelson,The Beatles, Ozzie Ozboure and Black Sabbath, Eminem, Beach Boys etc. etc. ALLLLL credit Exactly who they stole from

but the above list is non sustainable

Bruno Mars, Adele, Sam Smith, add to the list

they will NEVER phase us out... its Our s×/+ once get our foundation together and watch for the hook ... then we will be aight

1 week ago '17        #63
BanMan4Wut 
space
space
space
 LILHAITIBABYYY said

Think about it

Hip hop crossover acts:

Cardi b- Hispanic

6ix9ine-Hispanic

Drake-White and black

J. Cole- white and black

Also where you from that Cardi Afro Latina is not a part of hip hop culture wise!?!?!? She is FROM the Bronx...and please dont let the boxes on the census fool you there is a HUGE difference between Latino and Hispanic...
Think about those boxes anyway

Why do Black Americans, Caribbean/ West Indian, Afro Latino and African check a seperate box anyway People of Russian, Italian,German, Australian, Polish, Swedish,Danish, etc. Alllllll check that Caucasiam box OF COURSE that would make the majority...if the others must count seperately...

That said Latinos are definitely Hip Hop and are not a part of any phase IF THEY KNOW that our Rhythm comes from the same ROOTS
+3   

1 week ago '18        #64
FireBeats  115 heat pts115
space
space
$9,518   Props total: 32289 32289
Sonny Digital be looking like a dusty dude that smokes weed all day

1 week ago '09        #65
LOONATIK  1 heat pts1
space
space
$9,648   Props total: 5648 5648
n*ggas wanna get on so badly they do sh*t for free. Then turn around and expect n*ggas to pay it forward in a cutthroat business, I'll never understand it.
+2   

1 week ago '14        #66
bangaondatrack 
space
space
$698   Props total: 2676 2676
music industry in general is fu*ked up, n*ggas will snake soon as they hit a bump in the road. A while back I got cool with rockwilder through ustream, he would play my tracks on stream and sh*t, and I was on rocbattle and would make real good money selling beats on there soundclick, ect.

eventually I got a high paying job and slowed down on the beats and would only sell through email paypal ect so I canceled my sub on there and took down most of the beats.

throughout the years I noticed I was getting random a*s 2 dollar donations on paypal and didnt think too much of it. Come to find out the beats were never deleted and this n*gga was selling them for 12 dollars with a 80% commission. I was hittin the n*gga up furiously. . . this n*gga would not delete the beats and wanted a 50 dollar fee to delete them. Tried hitting up rockwilder but he had been stopped fu*king with dude and couldnt do sh*t either

Ironically I was cool with a chick that worked at universal who sent him a email to get my beats off . IDK what the email said but that sh*t got handled finally.

These labels be having n*ggas in a sweatshop with FL studio making beats like slaves, and these n*ggas will be on soundcloud all day remaking n*ggas sh*t like its cool smh. sh*t is all fu*ked up
+13   

1 week ago '10        #67
MrTripleDouble 
space
space
$3,542   Props total: 4753 4753
Politics and paperwork are important. You have to understand these things but the reality is you can't be afraid to demand money. If you're sh*t is a hit, they will find a way to take care of you. At the end of the day it's a business and if you have fire, people will respect it do right by you. They know the next rapper might get the beat and you can tell them this to create competition and get their ego involved. Now you can really make some noise. Just be reasonable and don't be greedy.
+4   

1 week ago '12        #68
BlessInTheSky  8 heat pts8
space
space
$7,625   Props total: 15227 15227
 W24x55 said

Had to of made some bread from that.

Song still sounds new today.
Crazy. This some sh*t you might hear on the radio if it was Drake's song. Beat just has that ambient vibe that Noah "40" Shebib be giving Drake.

1 week ago '15        #69
drose1985  33 heat pts33
space
space
$32,511   Props total: 36855 36855
 FrankCastro1731 said
My n*gga SD. Real humble dude.He gave me free knowledge within seconds of meeting me. Its a shame n*ggas used him as a stepping stone. Its fu*ked up what we as a producers go through. My boy go bounce back tho.
You capping about getting on famous animal. Bx need your for that lol

1 week ago '15        #70
redcodeinesyrup  20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,555   Props total: 4710 4710
wasnt he saying this when racks on racks came out?

1 week ago '14        #71
PasseCompose  6 heat pts6
space
space
$618   Props total: 693 693
He made so many classics, Future and Migos owe him for their career.
+1   

1 week ago '15        #72
FEWYEARSAHEAD12  1 heat pts1
space
space
$462   Props total: 157 157
 LILHAITIBABYYY said

Think about it

Hip hop crossover acts:

Cardi b- Hispanic

6ix9ine-Hispanic

Drake-White and black

J. Cole- white and black

Got a point there buddy

1 week ago '16        #73
Itsjustmefools  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
$4,505   Props total: 4187 4187
If he isn't signed anymore he need to go back to..the basics!

His foundation

Start a company and find some new artist and sign them under his label and make sure contract says he get a cut when they blow up

He could have a power house
+5   

1 week ago '13        #74
uoeno  135 heat pts135
space
space
space
$10,781   Props total: 29766 29766
common sense = don't sign if u want all ur bread.

1 week ago '13        #75
Route03X  10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$7,787   Props total: 5772 5772
 Adwerdz said
That true, how do you go about getting into the game, film and TV/ commercial scene
To be honest it's about the same as music,just keep up on Twitter for new indie projects in the making or if you already have something in mind try to get through to a type of business department on their site and contact them through there.

The easiest and best way to get rolling is just sign up for stock music/royalty free sites(haven't done music in a grip but I know pond5 and audio jungle are two,think of them as soundclick for projects)and just upload tracks you have on there first so you'll atleast have some traction while you/if you wanna search around and shop your tracks out to people(I say if you wanna because some people literally just cake off those sites and call it a life)
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  40
Video inside Oct 15 - Alex Jones said something on Tip's podcast about Hillary and c..
76 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+91online now  35
Video inside Vato thought he could take 50 shots of Patron
106 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  31
That sh-t That Make Ya Soul Burn Slow; Ali's Ex Wife said Lebron "Aint No ..
59 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-49online now  22
Image(s) inside What did the Egyptian slaves use to build this
259 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy