Jae Hustle & Kidd Called Quest - Time After Time (prod by Kidd Called Quest)

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

New replies show every 10 seconds
 1 week ago '17        #26
KiddCalledQuest  1 heat pts1 OP
space
space
space
$38   Props total: 84 84
 O1as said
Question do you believe fat joes production is a new york sound? Or east coast sound?

Or sheeks on dat sh*t record? Etc.
I'm not talking about the mainstream lane and sound Fat Joe mainly dose now outside of his work with DITC. I was talking about the current underground sound that people been mainly doing the last few years with just straight sample loops altho ROC Marci at one point was the only mc doing that stuff on the regular. Jae Hussle kind of fall in between. I thought i would be different instead of just letting the sample play with out any drums add some modern sounds to the beat mixed with some dirty chopped up breaks. But to answer your question yes Fat Joe's current production is a NY/east coast sound gotta remember all the earlier Run Dmc, LL, Rakim, Just ice, Kgr, Bdp,PE, Ice t, Epmd, Scoolly d ect... production during that time all had 808's. To answer your second question i can hear Sheek Kiss and Styles going off on this beat if i tap the tempo up a few more bpms. if you would like to check some of my other work out feel free to hit the link at the bottom. kiddcalledquest.bandcamp.com
+2   

1 week ago '17        #27
O1as  398 heat pts398
space
space
$10,349   Props total: 24428 24428
 KiddCalledQuest said
I'm not talking about the mainstream lane and sound Fat Joe mainly dose now outside of his work with DITC. I was talking about the current underground sound that people been mainly doing the last few years with just straight sample loops altho ROC Marci at one point was the only mc doing that stuff on the regular. Jae Hussle kind of fall in between. I thought i would be different instead of just letting the sample play with out any drums add some modern sounds to the beat mixed with some dirty chopped up breaks. But to answer your question yes Fat Joe's current production is a NY/east coast sound gotta remember all the earlier Run Dmc, LL, Rakim, Just ice, Kgr, Bdp,PE, Ice t, Epmd, Scoolly d ect... production during that time all had 808's. To answer your second question i can hear Sheek Kiss and Styles going off on this beat if i tap the tempo up a few more bpms. if you would like to check some of my other work out feel free to hit the link at the bottom. kiddcalledquest.bandcamp.com
Ok will do. All I'm saying is lets not rehatch the past lets move into the future. Sadly the east coast has lacked in that department for decades.
+1   

1 week ago '12        #28
DahStoryTella  4 heat pts4
space
space
$1,484   Props total: 933 933
I f**ks with it. That sample is mad familiar, too.

1 week ago '04        #29
Cutty Olds  7 heat pts7
space
space
$18,552   Props total: 10406 10406
 KiddCalledQuest said
Peace thanks make sure to follow me on IG @blackandgifted585 @ybg we follow you back.
Done...Iím @_brorillaarts and @bodyart
+1   

1 week ago '04        #30
Outlawfromabove  1 heat pts1
space
space
$2,212   Props total: 2298 2298
dope track. My only critique is to update some of the percussion kits. They sound a little dusty and not in a good way. They could be crisper and a little better quality.

Maybe some more base too. The vocals overpower the track instead of them working together.

But good stuff overall

4 days ago '09        #31
59fifty  5 heat pts5
space
space
$33,042   Props total: 24911 24911

New replies show every 10 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-49online now  44
Image(s) inside What did the Egyptian slaves use to build this
256 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  38
Video inside Oct 15 - Alex Jones said something on Tip's podcast about Hillary and c..
74 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  26
That sh-t That Make Ya Soul Burn Slow; Ali's Ex Wife said Lebron "Aint No ..
59 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+91online now  23
Video inside Vato thought he could take 50 shots of Patron
103 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy