Google Annoucnement: Pixel 4 will have FaceID, Radar-Powered Gestures

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+38  269
148 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

3 months ago '09        #1
1910 page views
36 comments

rexplosive  41 heat pts41
space
space
space
$1,329   Props total: 1495 1495
Google Annoucnement: Pixel 4 will have FaceID, Radar-Powered Gestures

visit this link https://blog.google/produ .. atures-pixel4/

Motion Sense

For the past five years, our Advanced Technology and Projects team (ATAP) has been working on Soli, a motion-sensing radar. Radar, of course, is the same technology that has been used for decades to detect planes and other large objects. We've developed a miniature version located at the top of Pixel 4 that senses small motions around the phone, combining unique software algorithms with the advanced hardware sensor, so it can recognize gestures and detect when you’re nearby.

Pixel 4 will be the first device with Soli, powering our new Motion Sense features to allow you to skip songs, snooze alarms, and silence phone calls, just by waving your hand. These capabilities are just the start, and just as Pixels get better over time, Motion Sense will evolve as well. Motion Sense will be available in select Pixel countries.

Face unlock

Unlocking your phone should be easy, fast, and secure. Your device should be able to recognize you—and only you—without any fuss. Face unlock may be a familiar feature for smartphones, but we’re engineering it differently.

Other phones require you to lift the device all the way up, pose in a certain way, wait for it to unlock, and then swipe to get to the homescreen. Pixel 4 does all of that in a much more streamlined way. As you reach for Pixel 4, Soli proactively turns on the face unlock sensors, recognizing that you may want to unlock your phone. If the face unlock sensors and algorithms recognize you, the phone will open as you pick it up, all in one motion. Better yet, face unlock works in almost any orientation—even if you're holding it upside down—and you can use it for secure payments and app authentication too.

visit this link https://storage.googleapi .. -1000x1000.png
+2   

best
worst
36 comments

3 months ago '05        #2
Y.G.  27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$44,518   Props total: 21946 21946
No fingerprint scanner. Google is really trying to be Apple.
+3   

3 months ago '09        #3
rexplosive  41 heat pts41 OP
space
space
space
 Y.G. said
No fingerprint scanner. Google is really trying to be Apple.
Yeah I wish they went more Samsung root insitead of stripping products and charging even more premium

like I get you want Apple money but the Google market is so niche you not getting that brand blind purchases

but then again Google trash at making hardware but their software and innovation is great, so hope that gesture actually is usefull, I hope the video on the camera becomes the top dog like their photos are and im good with a pi xel 4 purchase
+4   

3 months ago '17        #4
justin747  53 heat pts53
space
space
$16,162   Props total: 82168 82168

I really hate the Pixel team. I really do. I hope I can get a job there one day. These clowns are lost.

Fingerprint >>> Face ID and all these dumb gestures require me to use both hands. Why would I do all these dumb gestures instead of just pressing a fu*kin button?

Soli reminds me of this....

+9   

3 months ago '12        #5
gunshot225  1 heat pts1
space
space
$6,843   Props total: 7788 7788
They want you to lift the phone up and "pose" a certain way for face id

Get all the way the fu*k outta here. They already have a good product. Why they fu*king sh*t up

3 months ago '12        #6
gunshot225  1 heat pts1
space
space
$6,843   Props total: 7788 7788
 justin747 said

I really hate the Pixel team. I really do. I hope I can get a job there one day. These clowns are lost.

Fingerprint >>> Face ID and all these dumb gestures require me to use both hands. Why would I do all these dumb gestures instead of just pressing a fu*kin button?

Soli reminds me of this....

I'm bout to walk in a meeting and suggest that if you knock twice on the back of the phone, it will wake it up
+2   

3 months ago '18        #7
PAPLE 
space
space
$2,450   Props total: 11760 11760

+2   

3 months ago '19        #8
24K  17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$967   Props total: 3640 3640
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
End the Google dependency. If you dont, you will regret it.

Shout out to Snowden.
+3   

3 months ago '19        #9
24K  17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$967   Props total: 3640 3640
[email changed - confirm acct by email]

3 months ago '05        #10
slim_d20  22 heat pts22
space
space
$6,755   Props total: 9350 9350
I'll be copping a Pixel 3A but fu*k this pixel 4. Otherwise, I might be going back to oneplus. My go to for the last 3 years has been Motorola and Nokia but their new phones haven't upped their camera game at all.
+2   

3 months ago '11        #11
KingP1n  351 heat pts351
space
space
$8,481   Props total: 5385 5385
Lol people crying over Face ID.

2 months ago '04        #12
SokeSleezy  3 heat pts3
space
space
$13,241   Props total: 578 578
dont have a problem with face ID. The problem i have that i just read is that the Pixel 4 is gonna have a smaller battery Pixel 3,but the Pixel 4 Xl is gonna have a bigger battery than the 3XL,like wtf?!?

2 months ago '17        #13
justin747  53 heat pts53
space
space
 KingP1n said
Lol people crying over Face ID.

Maybe n*ggas just don't want that sh*t. Paying a grand for a phone that has shut you don't want is a valid complaint.

I hate when you n*ggas take the side of these corporations

SokeSleezy said
dont have a problem with face ID. The problem i have that i just read is that the Pixel 4 is gonna have a smaller battery Pixel 3,but the Pixel 4 Xl is gonna have a bigger battery than the 3XL,like wtf?!?

You get the regular Pixel? How small are your hands?
+1   

2 months ago '04        #14
SokeSleezy  3 heat pts3
space
space
 justin747 said

Maybe n*ggas just don't want that sh*t. Paying a grand for a phone that has shut you don't want is a valid complaint.

You get the regular Pixel? How small are your hands?
got tired of having big a*s phones in my pocket,wanted something more portable,also im not one of these nerds that carry a fu*kin satchel across their chest

2 months ago '17        #15
justin747  53 heat pts53
space
space
 SokeSleezy said
got tired of having big a*s phones in my pocket,wanted something more portable,also im not one of these nerds that carry a fu*kin satchel across their chest
I'm not even a giant but the Pixel XLs aren't big phones at all. I I know tiny women who have Pixel 3 XLs.

Don't go by just screen size, go by body size. Most phones are like 90% screen so the 4 XL is right about the same size as the Pixel 1 XL

2 months ago '04        #16
SokeSleezy  3 heat pts3
space
space
 justin747 said
I'm not even a giant but the Pixel XLs aren't big phones at all. I I know tiny women who have Pixel 3 XLs.

Don't go by just screen size, go by body size. Most phones are like 90% screen so the 4 XL is right about the same size as the Pixel 1 XL
i had the 2XL before switching. 3 felt like a toy at first compared to it,but after awhile u just get use to that sh*t lol
+1   

2 months ago '16        #17
Yaggy  7 heat pts7
space
space
$3,243   Props total: 4795 4795
Google lens is pure fire
+2   

2 months ago '09        #18
mtva24  229 heat pts229
space
space
$9,245   Props total: 2146 2146
Might as well just get a damn iPhone at this point. My Pixel 3XL only good for the fingerprint scanner, streaming movieHD/Showbox and using the pandora app in my car without the aux cord.

Ol' delayed notifications, green bubble a*s n*ggaz

2 months ago '11        #19
KingP1n  351 heat pts351
space
space
 justin747 said

Stop crying about taking side of corporations 🤣😩

2 months ago '11        #20
KingP1n  351 heat pts351
space
space

+2   

2 months ago '04        #21
SokeSleezy  3 heat pts3
space
space
Saw that pic yesterday and after lookin at the official specs,not much is different from the Pixel 3. Was planning on switchin and givin my kid the 3 but i might just stick with the original plan and wait till the 5 is out. There's no reason they couldnt implenment a whole/tear drop design like the Oneplus that can hide the bar instead of the chin on top. Unless Google has some crazy sh*t up their sleeve (like they usually do) i'll most likely skip this.

2 months ago '11        #22
KingP1n  351 heat pts351
space
space
 SokeSleezy said
Saw that pic yesterday and after lookin at the official specs,not much is different from the Pixel 3. Was planning on switchin and givin my kid the 3 but i might just stick with the original plan and wait till the 5 is out. There's no reason they couldnt implenment a whole/tear drop design like the Oneplus that can hide the bar instead of the chin on top. Unless Google has some crazy sh*t up their sleeve (like they usually do) i'll most likely skip this.
There’s no way they’re fitting the sensors in a tear drop notch...

2 months ago '09        #23
space
space
space
Honestly the specs of the phone are pretty average, so the price better be average, talking 700-900 CAD and not the 1k-1.3k the premium iphones/Samsung go for

so they better have the price that gives them a reason to sell a phone with only 6GB RAM, small batter and bezels

but I am HOPING Pixel 4 comes with amazing software, cause no one is beating Google right now for the software department (not talking fluidity and smoothness that is Iphone ATM)
they better bring something that will change the way we use phones/make it convenient

at least that what im hoping for

and hopefully the video quality while recording can be as good if not better than Iphones, cause their photos are but not the rest.

2 months ago '11        #24
KingP1n  351 heat pts351
space
space
Video:

2 months ago '09        #25
space
space
space
 KingP1n said
Video:

I wish these new flagships didn't have the size bezels (Iphone/pixel 4XL)
but I guess these guys can't compete with Samsung with the design oft he phone

so guess the regular size pixel 4 for me, hopefully the battery isn't bust with that 90hz refresh rate :O

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+106online now  32
Image(s) inside Oct 21 - Black Wallstreet Trending - 1921 Tulsa Massacre
197 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+50online now  31
Still the greatest kill in cinema history
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+48online now  28
Video inside Oct 21 - Fox News Asks Wrong Random Guy A Question (video)
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+83online now  6
Andre 3000 is in every hypebeasts top 5, I want to know the top 10 tracks that..
323 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy