A look at Tilt-five/CastAR-revisited 2019

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+57  170
205 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

4 weeks ago '16        #1
701 page views
9 comments

nigs  161 heat pts161
space
space
space
$761   Props total: 4175 4175
A look at Tilt-five/CastAR-revisited 2019

visit this link https://www.kickstarter.c .. rm=tilt%20five

US$ 299

Can I use Tilt Five for non-gaming applications?

Yes. We think there are plenty of great uses for our system outside of gaming, and we encourage interested parties to try out their ideas with the glasses after launch. However, as a company, our initial focus is on bringing amazing tabletop games to life for players with Tilt Five.
As a Developer, what game engines can I use to build Tilt Five applications with?

Our SDK exposes C APIs for native code on all supported host platforms. As well, we provide plug-ins for developers using Unity 5.5+ or Unreal Engine 4 to create games.
What host platforms do you support?

Initially, we will support Windows 10 and select Android devices and we will continue to add new platforms after the consumer launch.

How can I get another pair of glasses added to my pledge?

Just add the amount of the glasses kit you want to add to your existing pledge level. BackerKit will sort everything out during the survey process. So if you want to add a singles kit to a group pack, just add $299 or $359 ($339 early bird) to your group pack pledge.

How do I get extra game boards?

You'll be able to purchase extra game boards from BackerKit, as an add-on. We'll get pricing details posted soon.

Is there an Interpupillary Distance (IPD) adjustment in the glasses, or is this even needed?

IPD is not an issue for our system due to the way the glasses are designed. The light travels to the game board, which is a long distance compared to other AR/VR systems that have displays close to your eyes. Systems that have displays close to your eyes suffer from high distortion and angular error, depending on your eye position, which is why many of them need to have IPD adjustments incorporated into their designs. Our system has virtually no distortion across the entire lens and almost no angular error, therefore no IPD adjustment is needed.

found this back in 2013, i thought the company had died out but was surprised they made news. What makes this interesting is the developer sells this board which is the virtual window all it pretty much is, is censors under 3d movie theater reflective materials. But they found they can build entire worlds threw the reflections.

They can basically coat a entire room in this material and make it into a world as well.
(alot of people are calling it the real life holodeck)

the creators worked at valve, when they discovered this tech valve didnt want to support it, so they took a chance and packed up and moved forward with their discovery.

visit this link https://www.kickstarter.c .. rm=tilt%20five

Last edited by nigs; 09-30-2019 at 12:44 AM..
+1   

best
worst
9 comments

4 weeks ago '06        #2
LYTE  198 heat pts198
space
space
space
$17,147   Props total: 11800 11800
In
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #3
filleezcustoms  3 heat pts3
space
space
$1,791   Props total: 584 584
Fire

Your such a fu*king go, I love it����
+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #4
nigs  161 heat pts161 OP
space
space
space
 filleezcustoms said
Fire

Your such a fu*king go, I love it����
Imagine them putting madden on there stadium would pop up you could have the option to zoom in...

If people catch on to this this lady will score big....if she got evry board game to sign on she could make a multi digital board game system..

sh*t if they end up setting up a tv streaming option....computer desktop option...they really shouldnt stop at just the games

Last edited by nigs; 09-29-2019 at 05:12 PM..
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #5
space
space
 nigs said
Imagine them putting madden on there stadium would pop up you could have the option to zoom in...

If people catch on to this this lady will score big....if she got evry board game to sign on she could make a multi digital board game system..

sh*t if they end up setting up a tv streaming option....computer desktop option...they really shouldnt stop at just the games

I would even play madden I wield just watch real football in 3d
+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #6
nigs  161 heat pts161 OP
space
space
space
 filleezcustoms said
I would even play madden I wield just watch real football in 3d
website says it works with windows 10 , uses unity and unreal engine 4, and this is still just a basic version theyre gathering more peeps. They already have rented out to places that have built room sized events and people are walking in other worlds threw covering the entire rooms in the boards. based off how she describes it. the glasses project the light, so if you cover a entire area no matter where you look you would see the world. So in theory you could watch the game but if there was enough of the material you could literally prob be at the game using a few 3d cams. be like nba or nfl vr cept projected in the living room and you would be able to walk around vs using a controller because the glasses adjust to how you move.
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #7
space
space
 nigs said
website says it works with windows 10 , uses unity and unreal engine 4, and this is still just a basic version theyre gathering more peeps. They already have rented out to places that have built room sized events and people are walking in other worlds threw covering the entire rooms in the boards. based off how she describes it. the glasses project the light, so if you cover a entire area no matter where you look you would see the world. So in theory you could watch the game but if there was enough of the material you could literally prob be at the game using a few 3d cams. be like nba or nfl vr cept projected in the living room and you would be able to walk around vs using a controller because the glasses adjust to how you move.

I believe you need a super reflective surface for the projection to be effective

On the video they had the special reflective board surf in conjunction with the glasses/projection system
+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #8
nigs  161 heat pts161 OP
space
space
space
 filleezcustoms said
I believe you need a super reflective surface for the projection to be effective

On the video they had the special reflective board surf in conjunction with the glasses/projection system
the board is apart of the system, they sell more if you want to expand your games world

what she was talken about is people have coated a entire room in the game board and built holo ar shows

Last edited by nigs; 10-01-2019 at 03:18 AM..
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #9
space
space
 nigs said
the board is apart of the system, they sell more if you want to expand your games world

what she was talken about is people have coated a entire room in the game board and built holo ar shows

Yoooooo! If they sell paint hella reflective I'll just paint my whole house and get sh*t poppin wherever.

The future's so bright i gotta wear AR shades
+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #10
nigs  161 heat pts161 OP
space
space
space
 filleezcustoms said
Yoooooo! If they sell paint hella reflective I'll just paint my whole house and get sh*t poppin wherever.

The future's so bright i gotta wear AR shades
lol, yea they have some censors on the board but yea the lady only used the same properties as the movie theater 3d reflective material

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+50online now  32
Still the greatest kill in cinema history
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+49online now  30
Video inside Oct 21 - Fox News Asks Wrong Random Guy A Question (video)
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+108online now  24
Image(s) inside Oct 21 - Black Wallstreet Trending - 1921 Tulsa Massacre
197 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-16online now  5
The album that Prodigy started to decline lyrically