Jul 20-Johnson & Johnson corona vaccine may not be highly effective against Delta variant

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
149 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '04        #1
779 page views
39 comments

jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 9956 9 K  Slaps total: 1026 1 K
Jul 20-Johnson & Johnson corona vaccine may not be highly effective against Delta variant

A new study suggests that those who received the Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine may need a booster to help their bodies combat the Delta and Lambda variants of the pathogen.

The study was published online in a pre-print — meaning it has not yet been peer-reviewed — journal BioRxiv on Tuesday. Researchers at New York University’s Grossman School of Medicine tested blood samples drawn from people who had received the three coronavirus vaccines that the U.S. has approved for use in this country and found them to be less effective in the J&J version than the other two, Moderna and Pfizer.

The distinction is important given that the Delta variant is now the source of 83% of all COVID-19 cases in the country, Forbes reported Tuesday, citing U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Dr. Rochelle Walensky.

“This is a dramatic increase, up from 50% for the week of July 3,” Walensky said in a Senate committee hearing, according to CNN.

More than 13 million people have received the Johnson & Johnson jab, a fraction of the 161.5 million who have been fully vaccinated, Forbes noted.

While smaller studies by Johnson & Johnson have indicated the one dose is effective even after eight months, this study’s findings are consistent with observations of the AstraZeneca vaccine, which shows just a 33% protection rate against symptomatic illness, The New York Times reported. Both of those are based on different technology than the Moderna and Pfizer shots.

“The message that we wanted to give was not that people shouldn’t get the J&J vaccine, but we hope that in the future, it will be boosted with either another dose of J&J or a boost with Pfizer or Moderna,” study lead author Nathaniel Landau, a virologist at Grossman, told the Times.

Nonetheless, the mRNA vaccines made by Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna seem to be the better bet when it comes to protecting against variants, the study implied.

It may be that Johnson & Johnson should have been a double-dose vaccine after all, Weill Cornell Medicine virologist John Moore told The New York Times.

However, on July 1, the company said it had determined that its single-shot COVID-19 vaccine did indeed protect against the Delta variant, according to a statement.

“We should think about the Delta variant as the 2020 version of COVID-19 on steroids,” Andy Slavitt, a former senior adviser to President Biden’s COVID Response Team, told CNN. “It’s twice as infectious. Fortunately, unlike 2020, we actually have a tool that stops the Delta variant in its tracks: It’s called vaccine.”

visit this link https://www.nydailynews.c .. 6tm-story.html
+5   

best
worst
39 comments

2 weeks ago '16        #2
Fastrap87  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 8072 8 K  Slaps total: 3377 3 K
 jlandryst said

A new study suggests that those who received the Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine may need a booster to help their bodies combat the Delta and Lambda variants of the pathogen.

The study was published online in a pre-print — meaning it has not yet been peer-reviewed — journal BioRxiv on Tuesday. Researchers at New York University’s Grossman School of Medicine tested blood samples drawn from people who had received the three coronavirus vaccines that the U.S. has approved for use in this country and found them to be less effective in the J&J version than the other two, Moderna and Pfizer.

The distinction is important given that the Delta variant is now the source of 83% of all COVID-19 cases in the country, Forbes reported Tuesday, citing U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Dr. Rochelle Walensky.

“This is a dramatic increase, up from 50% for the week of July 3,” Walensky said in a Senate committee hearing, according to CNN.

More than 13 million people have received the Johnson & Johnson jab, a fraction of the 161.5 million who have been fully vaccinated, Forbes noted.

While smaller studies by Johnson & Johnson have indicated the one dose is effective even after eight months, this study’s findings are consistent with observations of the AstraZeneca vaccine, which shows just a 33% protection rate against symptomatic illness, The New York Times reported. Both of those are based on different technology than the Moderna and Pfizer shots.

“The message that we wanted to give was not that people shouldn’t get the J&J vaccine, but we hope that in the future, it will be boosted with either another dose of J&J or a boost with Pfizer or Moderna,” study lead author Nathaniel Landau, a virologist at Grossman, told the Times.

Nonetheless, the mRNA vaccines made by Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna seem to be the better bet when it comes to protecting against variants, the study implied.

It may be that Johnson & Johnson should have been a double-dose vaccine after all, Weill Cornell Medicine virologist John Moore told The New York Times.

However, on July 1, the company said it had determined that its single-shot COVID-19 vaccine did indeed protect against the Delta variant, according to a statement.

“We should think about the Delta variant as the 2020 version of COVID-19 on steroids,” Andy Slavitt, a former senior adviser to President Biden’s COVID Response Team, told CNN. “It’s twice as infectious. Fortunately, unlike 2020, we actually have a tool that stops the Delta variant in its tracks: It’s called vaccine.”

+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #3
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 86736 86 K  Slaps total: 21329 21 K
The JnJ vaccine seems to be the weakest one.
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #4
erickonasis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 83629 83 K  Slaps total: 8900 8 K
Glad i got the Pfizer one
+2   

1 week ago '04        #5
GUCCI C0ND0MS 
Props total: 13949 13 K  Slaps total: 12608 12 K
Lab rats gonna lab rat

+8   

1 week ago '20        #6
I Know  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 5010 5 K  Slaps total: 5258 5 K
Lambda Wuhan variant found in Texas hospital
@

1 week ago '18        #7
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 41894 41 K  Slaps total: 3676 3 K
Lambda now??? I just heard of epsilon yesterday... I don't know how y'all keep up
+7   

1 week ago '11        #8
Joseph  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33850 33 K  Slaps total: 8636 8 K
Thought they stopped using those because of people getting blood clots.
+4   

1 week ago '05        #9
EMPATHY  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x55
Props total: 96130 96 K  Slaps total: 55503 55 K
 I Know said
Lambda Wuhan variant found in Texas hospital
@
I’m going walk in tom or we’ll today

1 week ago '05        #10
bobbysteels18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 9900 9 K  Slaps total: 2743 2 K
But when it came out it was the best thing since bubble gum one shot and your done, well at least that's what they told us.

1 week ago '21        #11
GoldenKnight 
Props total: 1132 1 K  Slaps total: 481 481
Governments around the world seem to be fully on board with those mRNA shots only. The clinical trials have officially started

1 week ago '15        #12
Still Numskull 
Props total: 21006 21 K  Slaps total: 5415 5 K

So im clear here.

Study shows J&J shot is the weakest and you may need a second dose of either j&j phizer or moderna as a booster.

But J&J says no, that 1 shots fine..

Meanwhile phizer is trying to push for another shot while the FDA and CDC are saying no..

science
+6   

1 week ago '21        #13
TheIronyIsThat 
Props total: 4073 4 K  Slaps total: 486 486
 Joseph said

Let these mothafu*kas take that shot every year.

Also remember.

You're an anti-Vaxxer if you don't take a shot every year with some boosters guys!

Gotta stay safe!
+1   

1 week ago '05        #14
Fauby  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33431 33 K  Slaps total: 3640 3 K
 BrooklynDamien said
Lambda now??? I just heard of epsilon yesterday... I don't know how y'all keep up
Lambda has been destroying Peru for a few weeks now.

1 week ago '12        #15
Di Warlord 
Props total: 24866 24 K  Slaps total: 1429 1 K
damn, I got the J&J shot while on a Navy ship because it was the only vaccine they could store on the ship

I don't want covid again, I'll take a booster if needed

the stigma of getting covid is no bueno, especially when you're an international traveler as I was when I got covid... and struggling to breathe is even worse never felt nothing like that before and I don't wish it on anyone

1 week ago '21        #16
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9935 9 K  Slaps total: 2128 2 K
 Joseph said
For a couple days just to be safe.

It was a one in a million side effect so they promptly resumed vaccinations.

1 week ago '21        #17
 TheIronyIsThat said
Let these mothafu*kas take that shot every year.

Also remember.

You're an anti-Vaxxer if you don't take a shot every year with some boosters guys!

Gotta stay safe!
You're anti-vax if you spread disinformation to discourage others from getting vaccinated.

Choosing not to take the shot on its own means nothing without further context.
+2   

1 week ago '15        #18
majorpain1963 
Props total: 10366 10 K  Slaps total: 982 982
 Di Warlord said
damn, I got the J&J shot while on a Navy ship because it was the only vaccine they could store on the ship

I don't want covid again, I'll take a booster if needed

the stigma of getting covid is no bueno, especially when you're an international traveler as I was when I got covid... and struggling to breathe is even worse never felt nothing like that before and I don't wish it on anyone
According to some here, all that matters is that you survived...

These idiots on here act like Covid isn't a worldwide problem that is going to last a long time.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #19
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 83489 83 K  Slaps total: 9040 9 K
Johnson and johnson need to hang it up.

1 week ago '16        #20
Fastrap87  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 8072 8 K  Slaps total: 3377 3 K
 majorpain1963 said
According to some here, all that matters is that you survived...

These idiots on here act like Covid isn't a worldwide problem that is going to last a long time.

+2   

1 week ago '05        #21
Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 11229 11 K  Slaps total: 3155 3 K
 Tlatoani said
You're anti-vax if you spread disinformation to discourage others from getting vaccinated.

what exactly is the disinformation? are people not dying from the vaccine? are people not being harmed from the vaccine?

are you anti vaxx if you refuse all or some vaccines? just because a mf refuses the covid shot doesn't mean they're anti vaxx. I got a tetanus shot acouple months ago does that make me anti vaxx? you guys act just like sheep.. regurgitating and repeating insults.. just to make yourselves feel good... grow tf up.

Last edited by Sizzler01; 07-21-2021 at 06:40 AM..

1 week ago '21        #22
 Sizzler01 said
what exactly is the disinformation? are people not dying from the vaccine? are people not being harmed from the vaccine?

are you anti vaxx if you refuse all or some vaccines? just because a mf refuses the covid shot doesn't mean they're anti vaxx. I got a tetanus shot acouple months ago does that make me anti vaxx? you guys act just like sheep.. regurgitating and repeating insults.. just to make yourselves feel good... grow tf up.
You really don't know what disinformation I'm referring to? Just check out any COVID 19 thread made by @ or @ and see for yourself. These guys post tweets and screenshots to headlines as evidence of their grand conspiracy.

You quoted this:

You responded by ignoring my qualification for being anti-vax (which you understood at first and then conveniently forgot about to ask your pointless question) and then ignoring the fact that not getting a COVID-19 vaccine alone doesn't make you anti-vax. Additional context is needed in that scenario as I clearly stated.

You need to apologize for mischaracterizing my behavior and also for stating I need to grow up after your reading comprehension failed you.

Last edited by Tlatoani; 07-21-2021 at 08:50 AM..

1 week ago '11        #23
Anti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 46430 46 K  Slaps total: 3644 3 K
I would feel scuffed af if i got JnJ

1 week ago '05        #24
Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 11229 11 K  Slaps total: 3155 3 K
 Tlatoani said
the fact that not getting a COVID-19 vaccine alone doesn't make you anti-vax.
thats all i needed to know.. thank you.

1 week ago '17        #25
Real Talk 10%er  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 48541 48 K  Slaps total: 17127 17 K
 Tlatoani said
You really don't know what disinformation I'm referring to? Just check out any COVID 19 thread made by @ or @ and see for yourself. These guys post tweets and screenshots to headlines as evidence of their grand conspiracy.

You quoted this:

You responded by ignoring my qualification for being anti-vax (which you understood at first and then conveniently forgot about to ask your pointless question) and then ignoring the fact that not getting a COVID-19 vaccine alone doesn't make you anti-vax. Additional context is needed in that scenario as I clearly stated.

You need to apologize for mischaracterizing my behavior and also for stating I need to grow up after your reading comprehension failed you.
STOP aiding mass murder:

False reporting to VAERS is a federal crime:

And deliberate, false reporting to VAERS, which is a federal criminal offense, appears to be rare. “We don’t have evidence that there is widespread fraud or gaming of the system,”

+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-33online now  31
Real or fake : PJ Washington signs babymama Brittany Renner to 18 year dea..
47 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+47online now  29
OT Sha'Carri Richardson tweets the Olympics are trash w/o..
235 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-25online now  14
Whatever happen to that kristine leahy chick
58 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+30online now  11
Video inside Wayne new chain