May 21 - Veteran Miraculously Survives After Being Impaled by Stolen Tripod

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 month ago '17        #1
136 page views
1 comments

Jdog168 15 heat pts15
space
space
$1,451 | Props total: 4340 4340
May 21 - Veteran Miraculously Survives After Being Impaled by Stolen Tripod

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KCRA) —

A volunteer van driver and the veteran he was transporting escaped death when a tripod crashed through their windshield.

The unpredictable and frightening encounter with the tripod occurred around 10:30 a.m. Thursday on southbound Interstate 5 near Old Sacramento.

"I saw a yellow something out of the corner of my eye," Tim Page said. "When it hit the windshield, then I ducked and kind of bent over, a little late of course. And when I straightened up and looked over, that's when I saw this through the windshield."

Page, who volunteers with El Dorado Veteran Resources, a service organization that's a part of the nonprofit Military Family Support Group, was driving a man he picked up from Sacramento International Airport. They planned to stop at Mather Airport to pick up another veteran before ending their journey in Placerville.

-
California Highway Patrol
"It was like a dream, for lack of a better description," Page said. "It was very scary. And of course, seeing it with no blood spurting out was great, but at the same time, injuries don't always have blood."

Page said the tripod went through the man's lung and popped out. The man was left with broken ribs and a partially punctured lung.

"Part of his shirt went into his lung as well, so it was a little scary later," Page said. "At the time, he didn't even want to call an ambulance."

KCRA-TV
Military Family Support Group
The California Highway Patrol believes Matthew Adam Thompson, 32, launched the tripod into traffic from the 2nd Street overpass near Front Street after stealing it from a Caltrans survey crew.

The crew was working near Neasham Circle and Front Street when the tripod was stolen Thursday morning.

CHP Officer Jim Young said the theft was captured on surveillance video from a nearby business, and responding officers caught up to Thompson on Front Street about three hours after the incident.

"Our sergeant, after a brief foot chase, along with another officer who was on scene with him, were able to actually take him into custody," Young said.

Thompson was booked for having an active warrant and for resisting a peace officer. He's not yet been charged with the tripod incident because CHP is pursuing an attempted murder charge.

"We want to make sure that when we put this case together, we do determine that it's him, that he does the get punishment that is fitting for this," Young said.

-
California Highway Patrol
Matthew Adam Thompson
Page said it's a miracle both he and the veteran survived, given that they managed to avoid hitting other cars of the the highway wall, and didn't die from the impact of the tripod.

"I could've lost control of the van. We both could've been out in traffic. I mean, there's numerous things that could have happened but didn't," Page said. "You know, it's -- life's a wonderful thing when you don't look at the bad part of life, you know, the miracles of life are great."

As for the van, it's already back on the road transporting veterans at no cost. Breaker Glass Co. Inc., in Placerville fixed the broken windows free of charge.

"These are veterans and they know, they know how to handle themselves in an emergency for sure," said Julie Leconte, executive director of Military Family Support Group.

visit this link https://www.kcra.com/arti .. rpass/27512415

Last edited by Jdog168; 05-21-2019 at 01:59 PM..
+1   

1 comments for "May 21 - Veteran Miraculously Survives After Being Impaled by Stolen Tripod"

1 month ago '04        #2
ItAlY2BkLyN 241 heat pts241
space
space
$25,916 | Props total: 18526 18526
hope he catches that murder charge.

Home      

most viewed right now
+95online now  47
2019 Best Natural Booty Award Winner
53 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  42
Video inside Any of u familiar with the Brian Wells story(Pizza delivery guy who rob..
46 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-70online now  35
Video inside MEGAN thee STALLION just SHUT DOWN BET AWARDS after ARRIVING in SEE TH..
82 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  25
Jun 23 - Apple considers MeetMe app ban after report claims it’s riddled with ..
33 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy