Samsung will put notches on its future phones

view more...

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '05        #26
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,488 | Props total: 4056 4056
 justin747 said
This is different. I can't see any practical use for a foldable phone.

Folded, it's too small to do anything other than make calls and maybe reply to texts.

Unfolded, it's too big for normal use. Imagine trying to type a message on this when it's unfolded in like the mall or or a restaurant or something
I see your point. But, this is a prototype. Looks big and unusable now but the final product probably be so sleek. Honestly i dont care for any of these gimmicky tech as im perfectly fine with my current phone.

2 weeks ago '17        #27
justin747 30 heat pts30
space
space
$6,635 | Props total: 32093 32093
 Jago said
Didn't say this was the first foldable phone. Also, the Kyocera Echo is trash. It's nothing more than 2 screens slapped together. No one was buying anything that bulky pretending to be a phone.

I'm willing to bet most people will get on board and buy these foldable phones in the coming years. Literally all the big manufacturers have them in the works, even Apple. It's inevitable that they become mainstream once both Samsung and Apple are marketing them to the public.

That being said, you sound exactly like the naysayers of the first Galaxy Note. We see how that turned out.
Gimmicky phones like this live and die by the dev community. Having a dual screen phone is only good if the apps can take advantage. I see really know way this sh*t improves anything that we already have. The small screen is too small and the large screen is too large. And... It has a big a.ss crease in the middle.

This phone is nothing like the Note, but I thought the first Note was fine. It was a larger screen phone which made sense for people who needed that. Nobody needs that tiny a.ss screen when this is folded, and the people who need tablets will just buy tablets. Regular tablets are cheaper, and they don't have a big a.ss, goofy looking crease in the middle of the screen

The "foldable" craze isn't for phones IMO. This is just a "beta" test for other things like wearable

2 weeks ago '17        #28
justin747 30 heat pts30
space
space
 Daddy Black said
I see your point. But, this is a prototype. Looks big and unusable now but the final product probably be so sleek. Honestly i dont care for any of these gimmicky tech as im perfectly fine with my current phone.
I think the final product will be better, but they still have to hide components somewhere so to will be a while before this looks any more sleek.

Then I have a bunch of questions about usability. Like say for example you have the phone open and you get a phone call. Do you have to close the phone before you answer, or do you just stick the giant tablet up to your ear?

2 weeks ago '07        #29
Jago 1109 heat pts1109
space
space
space
$4,012 | Props total: 7324 7324
 justin747 said
Gimmicky phones like this live and die by the dev community. Having a dual screen phone is only good if the apps can take advantage. I see really know way this sh*t improves anything that we already have. The small screen is too small and the large screen is too large. And... It has a big a.ss crease in the middle.

This phone is nothing like the Note, but I thought the first Note was fine. It was a larger screen phone which made sense for people who needed that. Nobody needs that tiny a.ss screen when this is folded, and the people who need tablets will just buy tablets. Regular tablets are cheaper, and they don't have a big a.ss, goofy looking crease in the middle of the screen

The "foldable" craze isn't for phones IMO. This is just a "beta" test for other things like wearable
Samsung's and Apple's marketing budget and ability to force these devices down the average consumer's throat > dev community
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #30
Teknishen04 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,703 | Props total: 805 805
 justin747 said

You're an iPhone dude right? How's that Samsung screen on your iPhone holding up?

Didn’t Samsung cough up over 250 million in infringement fees towards Apple earlier this year?

2 weeks ago '17        #31
justin747 30 heat pts30
space
space
 Jago said
Samsung's and Apple's marketing budget and ability to force these devices down the average consumer's throat > dev community
You can throw money all day at marketing. If the dev community (including internal) can't make something useful for this gimmick then it will never take off. You have to give the marketers something to market other than potential

I'm talking from the perspective of somebody knows a bunch people who literally work in marketing, and I'm personally trying to become a developer. Apps and Software are what move phones just as much as hardware. If you remove iMessage from the iPhone then MANY people would not have iPhones anymore.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #32
justin747 30 heat pts30
space
space
 Teknishen04 said
Didn’t Samsung cough up over 250 million in infringement fees towards Apple earlier this year?
Probably, I don't follow that sh*t tho. Corporate Lawsuits are pointless to follow IMO cause we don't know all the details and we don't always know what the settlement is

That's still a drop in the bucket compared to how much Apple pays Samsung for iPhone, iPad, and Macbook screens every year. That $250 million ain't hurting them at all

2 weeks ago '07        #33
bx kid 4 heat pts
space
space
$7,508 | Props total: 1683 1683
 Y.G. said
They've been "removing" the headphone jack since the S8.

cool

2 weeks ago '04        #34
NBA Brawler 120 heat pts120
space
space
$18,185 | Props total: 3501 3501
If true, it was gonna happen eventually.

And fu*k that folded phone bullsh*t. That sh*t looks ugly as fu*k.

2 weeks ago '04        #35
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$5,140 | Props total: 2717 2717
Dont care if the screen can do origami. Wake me up when the hologram joint drops
+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #36
Bighempin of QM 14 heat pts14
space
space
$4,951 | Props total: 3669 3669
The two way pager of phones 🤦🏿*♂️

2 weeks ago '05        #37
dmunson318 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,398 | Props total: 1542 1542
These cats are embarrassing man.

2 weeks ago '05        #38
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,276 | Props total: 18241 18241
 Jago said
The foldables are coming

2 weeks ago '11        #39
KingP1n 351 heat pts351 OP
space
space
$8,250 | Props total: 4650 4650
 Y.G. said
Right. Highly doubt there will be a Galaxy flagship with a notch.

What's more likely is Samsung will sell these notched displays to other OEMs or use these displays on mid to low range phones.

They're too close to mass-producing an all-screen display to release a flagship with a notch now.
According to “Ice Universe” the “new infinity” aka all screen display is still “imature” and they think the S10 have the “infinity O” display.

[tweet - click to view]

[tweet - click to view]

[tweet - click to view]

[tweet - click to view]

2 weeks ago '05        #40
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 KingP1n said
According to “Ice Universe” the “new infinity” aka all screen display is still “imature” and they think the S10 have the “infinity O” display.

He "thinks" the screen will be the Infinity O. There's still time in the development cycle for the S X, new displays wouldn't be set in stone yet.

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '07        #41
21 1561 heat pts1561
space
space
$62,601 | Props total: 67102 67102
I honestly don't mind the lil tiny notches like that. It's the obnoxious iPhone X and Google Pixel ones that would be a deal breaker.
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #42
PhrozenMenace 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,863 | Props total: 2871 2871
 21 said
I honestly don't mind the lil tiny notches like that. It's the obnoxious iPhone X and Google Pixel ones that would be a deal breaker.
yeah those two are ridiculous...put a notch on the screen but wait update the software to hide it...remove the headphone jack, we got you with the dongle...the one plus 6t is the only decent notch phone I've seen
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #43
Bigrel 7 heat pts
space
space
$822 | Props total: 465 465
n*ggas take this sh*t too serious. It’s just a fu*king phone.

2 weeks ago '17        #44
PHotoChoppa 
space
space
$200 | Props total: 604 604
 justin747 said

[pic - click to view]

Why the fu*k is everybody racing to these dumb bezel-less displays?? Bezels actually serve a purpose as it's where you can actually hold the fu*kin phone without touching the screen

I hate all these mega corporations equally
u hold ur phone from the top and bottom tho?

LOL something wrong with u homie

2 weeks ago '17        #45
justin747 30 heat pts30
space
space
 PHotoChoppa said
u hold ur phone from the top and bottom tho?

LOL something wrong with u homie

This black bars on the side of the phone are bezels too dummy. If you've ever used an edge phone or a phone with small side bezels then you'd know what I'm complaining about.

But you probably just buy whatever Apple comes out with ever year just like the rest of the sheep

2 weeks ago '06        #46
t76 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,075 | Props total: 280 280
People will believe anything. Samsung learned their lesson when they decided to go with no SD cards. Look what happened. They are not stupid. Fake news.

2 weeks ago '17        #47
PHotoChoppa 
space
space
$200 | Props total: 604 604
 justin747 said

This black bars on the side of the phone are bezels too dummy. If you've ever used an edge phone or a phone with small side bezels then you'd know what I'm complaining about.

But you probably just buy whatever Apple comes out with ever year just like the rest of the sheep
nah never had that problem, most new phones have a way to designate 'no touch' areas. this way you get a full screen an none of those issues

that sh*t been solved like 2 years ago.

lol u callin me a apple sheep but dont know how to even use android to its full potential... lord

2 weeks ago '17        #48
justin747 30 heat pts30
space
space
 PHotoChoppa said
nah never had that problem, most new phones have a way to designate 'no touch' areas. this way you get a full screen an none of those issues

that sh*t been solved like 2 years ago.

lol u callin me a apple sheep but dont know how to even use android to its full potential... lord
That sh*t is absolute not solved. I have that issue at least 5 times a day typing on my P2XL. AOSP doesn't have anything in the code for palm rejection so that means the manufacturer has to add it into their skin, and most don't.

I won't even go into the debate on me not knowing how to use the full potential of Android. Not even worth trying to explain. Just know you're dead wrong.

1 week ago '11        #49
KingP1n 351 heat pts351 OP
space
space
$8,250 | Props total: 4650 4650
 Y.G. said
He "thinks" the screen will be the Infinity O. There's still time in the development cycle for the S X, new displays wouldn't be set in stone yet.
Disagree.
At this point the design locked down, especially if it follows last years model and goes into mass production around January.

Another pointing towards the infinity-o design for the front

[tweet - click to view]

Note 10 may get the “full display” treatment if you’re lucky.

But good they’re going from ultrasonic fingerprint rather than the crummy optical ones we’ve been seeing.

Last edited by KingP1n; 11-13-2018 at 09:34 AM..

1 week ago '05        #50
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 KingP1n said
Disagree.
At this point the design locked down, especially if it follows last years model and goes into mass production around January.

Another pointing towards the infinity-o design for the front

Note 10 may get the “full display” treatment if you’re lucky.

But good they’re going from ultrasonic fingerprint rather than the crummy optical ones we’ve been seeing.
Naw, when experimenting with new tech like they're doing this now, the prototypes testing goes further into the dev cycle (example of this is the Galaxy F, which is supposed to be released around the same time as the S X but is still being refined).

Also, the rumor is the the "cheap" model is supposed to be receiving the O-display. No word on the 2 expensive models.

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
-71online now  47
Video inside Remember Kat Stacks? She's a crip now (CONDOMPULLOUT)
103 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+48online now  44
Spurs’ Dejounte Murray Realizes His IG Baddie GF Was a GOLD DIGGER
117 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  32
Video inside Wayno loses it after DJ Akademiks says "Let me teach you something abou..
85 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-19online now  18
Video inside Cyn Santana Says Joe Budden Has Erectile Dysfunction, Senior Citizen Di..
189 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside Momma or Daughter?
41 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+178online now  16
Video inside fat joe saw it coming to tekashi and tried to warn him about it
128 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  13
Video inside Joyner wants all the smoke with Torey Lanez
45 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  10
Image(s) inside Can someone tell me who this Marvel character is...
57 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy