Nov 24 - Black Man Wrongfully Spent 16 Years in Prison Because of a Lie Told by an Author

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+33  38
51 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 days ago '18        #1
2513 page views
74 comments

br82186  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 51854 51 K  Slaps total: 3439 3 K
Nov 24 - Black Man Wrongfully Spent 16 Years in Prison Because of a Lie Told by an Author

This is the woman's wiki...

visit this link https://en.wikipedia.org/ .. i/Alice_Sebold

Last edited by br82186; 11-24-2021 at 08:26 PM..
+24   

best
worst
74 comments

4 days ago '13        #2
jrockex 
Props total: 7825 7 K  Slaps total: 696 696
so he been dealing with this as long or longer than most of us been alive
+43   

4 days ago '18        #3
br82186  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28 OP
Props total: 51854 51 K  Slaps total: 3439 3 K
So it turns out what set forward the chain reaction of events was a producer who was set to do a film adaptation of her book lucky...

“Lucky” was also in the process of being filmed, and it was thanks to the film project itself that Broadwater’s conviction was overturned after four decades.

Tim Mucciante, who has a production company called Red Badge Films, had signed on as executive producer of the adaptation but became skeptical of Broadwater’s guilt when the first draft of the script came out because it differed so much from the book.

“I started poking around and trying to figure out what really happened here,” Mucciante told the AP on Tuesday.

Mucciante said that after dropping out of the project earlier this year he hired a private investigator, who put him in touch with Hammond, of Syracuse-based CDH Law, who brought in fellow defense lawyer Melissa Swartz, of Cambareri & Brenneck.

Hammond and Swartz credited Fitzpatrick for taking a personal interest in the case and understanding that scientific advances have cast doubt on the use of hair analysis, the only type of forensic evidence that was produced at Broadwater's trial to link him to Sebold's r*pe.

The fate of the film adaptation of “Lucky” was unclear in light of Broadwater’s exoneration. A messages seeking comment was left with its new executive producer, Jonathan Bronfman of Toronto-based JoBro Productions."

"Sebold wrote in “Lucky” that when she was informed that she’d picked someone other than the man she’d previously identified as her rapist, she said the two men looked “almost identical.”

She wrote that she realized the defense would be that: “A panicked white girl saw a black man on the street. He spoke familiarly to her and in her mind she connected this to her r*pe. She was accusing the wrong man.”

+20   

4 days ago '12        #4
daman729 
Props total: 78175 78 K  Slaps total: 3250 3 K
It's crazy how much dirty, racist a*s sh*t white folks do and get away with. fu*k this bi*ch. Just picked a random black dude to accuse. One reason I never dealt with white women. Yall can keep yall so called "snow bunnies".

Last edited by daman729; 11-24-2021 at 09:12 PM..
+103   

4 days ago '20        #5
BuiltForThis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 19899 19 K  Slaps total: 33316 33 K
Hair samples from the 80’s were very unreliable regardless of the suspects race.

April 20, 2015

FBI Testimony on Microscopic Hair Analysis Contained Errors in at Least 90 Percent of Cases in Ongoing Review

Before mitochondrial DNA testing was used to analyze hair in criminal cases, prosecutors throughout the country routinely relied on microscopic hair comparison to link a criminal defendant to a crime. The practice was deemed “highly unreliable” in the 2009 National Academy of Sciences report on forensic science, Strengthening Forensic Science in the United States: A Path Forward. Nevertheless, some jurisdictions continue to use hair analysis where mitochondrial DNA testing is deemed too expensive, time consuming or is otherwise unavailable. According to Innocence Project data, 74 of the 329 wrongful convictions overturned by DNA evidence involved faulty hair evidence.

+7   

4 days ago '20        #6
 daman729 said
It's crazy how much dirty, racist a*s sh*t white folks do and get away with. fu*k this bi*ch. Just picked a random black dude to accuse. One reason I never dealt with white women. Yall can keep yall so called "snow bunnies".

Even though multiple witnesses testified Beranek was hundreds of miles away at the time of the crime, the jury found him guilty on nine felony counts. Dane County Circuit Judge Daniel Moeser sentenced him as a repeat offender to 243 years in prison.

DNA testing has now excluded Beranek, 58, as the source of the hairs found in the perpetrator’s underwear

4 days ago '10        #7
eightytyson06 
Props total: 21972 21 K  Slaps total: 1390 1 K
She look like elon musk

But this pisses me off and one of my part timers at my job is an ex CO he said this happens all the time when he worked in the prisons and when they get out they get nothing
+12   

4 days ago '06        #8
hawk48202 
Props total: 1858 1 K  Slaps total: 274 274
I feel so bad for this brother. Can’t get those years back
+36   

4 days ago '08        #9
EMER1TUS 
Props total: 39921 39 K  Slaps total: 6219 6 K
 daman729 said

I’m with you on that pimp

Not racist at all but I couldn’t I can’t do it

Nah b I got too much respect for my ancestors
+17   

4 days ago '11        #10
T-800  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 14070 14 K  Slaps total: 927 927
She has to either die or do the same time. Anything less would not be "tough but fair."
+20   

4 days ago '20        #11
Its Dark At 9  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 26465 26 K  Slaps total: 3988 3 K
fu*king bi*ch.

+8   

4 days ago '05        #12
carden2 
Props total: 7402 7 K  Slaps total: 1304 1 K
And the black man will have no ill will toward the white man but somehow that can't be reciprocated, what a cruel world.

Last edited by carden2; 11-25-2021 at 11:52 AM..
+17   

4 days ago '15        #13
SSJ4 Goku  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 104586 104 K  Slaps total: 10425 10 K
Bruh, that sh*t brings me to tears. Prime years of his life taken from him over a lie.
+11   

4 days ago '16        #14
drizz 
Props total: 5229 5 K  Slaps total: 1377 1 K
Hard to blame shorty. Cops and courts fu*ked it up.

She got r*ped by a stranger and saw the rapist some time later in a park. She called the police.

Police showed up and grabbed the wrong guy. She went to the station for a lineup and DID NOT pick the dude. Courts convicted him anyway.

4 days ago '10        #15
Chiyosuke 
Props total: 14932 14 K  Slaps total: 772 772
And, now I'm pissed again... Their time is almost over... Bytches like this make me hope that hell is real.

We damn near can't even exist in peace
+11   

4 days ago '21        #16
pikadadon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 7667 7 K  Slaps total: 2732 2 K
 Its Dark At 9 said
fu*king bi*ch.

Jesus

Imagine if that sh*t came out today
+2   

4 days ago '07        #17
JamcnPrettyboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 29734 29 K  Slaps total: 4436 4 K
White women know they can use the r*pe card to destroy n*ggas lives. fu*king evil.

He should sue for every penny she made off the books as sue NY for having a sh*tty case against him.
+16   

4 days ago '06        #18
whammy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 22396 22 K  Slaps total: 1461 1 K
"Broadwater remained on New York's s*x offender registry after finishing his prison term in 1999.

Broadwater, who has worked as a trash hauler and a handyman in the years since his release from prison, told the AP that the r*pe conviction blighted his job prospects and his relationships with friends and family members.

Even after he married a woman who believed in his innocence, Broadwater never wanted to have children.

"We had a big argument sometimes about kids, and I told her I could never, ever allow kids to come into this world with a stigma on my back," he said.
"

+29   

4 days ago '20        #19
 drizz said
Hard to blame shorty. Cops and courts fu*ked it up.

She got r*ped by a stranger and saw the rapist some time later in a park. She called the police.

Police showed up and grabbed the wrong guy. She went to the station for a lineup and DID NOT pick the dude. Courts convicted him anyway.
"He was smiling as he approached. He recognized me. It was a stroll in the park to him; he had met an acquaintance on the street," wrote Sebold, who is white. "'Hey, girl,' he said. 'Don't I know you from somewhere?'"
She said she didn't respond: "I looked directly at him. Knew his face had been the face over me in the tunnel."
Sebold went to police, but she didn't know the man's name and an initial sweep of the area failed to locate him. An officer suggested the man in the street must have been Broadwater, who had supposedly been seen in the area.

After Broadwater was arrested, though, Sebold failed to identify him in a police lineup, picking a different man as her attacker because "the expression in his eyes told me that if we were alone, if there were no wall between us, he would call me by name and then k*ll me."

Broadwater was nonetheless tried and convicted in 1982 based largely on two pieces of evidence. On the witness stand, Sebold identified him as her rapist. And an expert said microscopic hair analysis had tied Broadwater to the crime. That type of analysis has since been deemed junk science by the U.S. Department of Justice.

Get why it was tossed out.

Just unfortunate that the best term is “junk science” and not actual DNA evidence to prove that hair wasn’t his.

+5   

4 days ago '11        #20
T-800  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 14070 14 K  Slaps total: 927 927
 Chiyosuke said
And, now I'm pissed again... Their time is almost over... Bytches like this make me hope that hell is real.

We damn near can't even exist in peace
Hell is real, don't worry. It also has plenty of room :)
+2   

4 days ago '11        #21
RileyEsco 
Props total: 66346 66 K  Slaps total: 484 484
Ah, that's the bi*ch that wrote 'The Lovely Bones'.

Reading up on it a little bit, seems like the law and judicial system fu*ked him over just as bad. She identified somebody else in the police lineup; but then they had her convinced he was the one, and she testified on stand that he was the one.

I don't know if he can sue her, but I hope he sues the hell out the state. bi*ch could at least offer up an apology.
+2   

4 days ago '10        #22
bunun  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 13599 13 K  Slaps total: 1179 1 K
just takes one white woman to point you out and your life is over, n*ggas think it will never happen to me, till it happens to them
+14   

4 days ago '16        #23
kamal1978 
Props total: 5929 5 K  Slaps total: 2421 2 K
The problem is, prison is full of ppl like him

I'm starting to believe 50% of black ppl in prison are innocent
+15   

4 days ago '12        #24
The Consultant  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 56602 56 K  Slaps total: 3545 3 K
No words bruh
+2   

4 days ago '17        #25
Pythagoras 
Props total: 44788 44 K  Slaps total: 9204 9 K
 whammy said
"Broadwater remained on New York's s*x offender registry after finishing his prison term in 1999.

Broadwater, who has worked as a trash hauler and a handyman in the years since his release from prison, told the AP that the r*pe conviction blighted his job prospects and his relationships with friends and family members.

Even after he married a woman who believed in his innocence, Broadwater never wanted to have children.

"We had a big argument sometimes about kids, and I told her I could never, ever allow kids to come into this world with a stigma on my back," he said.
"

Damn man.
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+68online now  13
Image(s) inside Remember when Young Money had a weak budget?
134 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+119online now  10
Image(s) inside rottweiler/german shepard mix gotta be the coolest dog
111 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  7
Video inside Ebro Under Fire For Resurfaced Video Saying Singer Tinashe Is Too Light..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  7
Article inside Kevin Hart's New Series "True Story" is FIRE. I THOUGHT KOUNTY WAYNE ..
65 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy