Nov 23 - Army Troops Who Refuse Vaccination Can Still Serve, But Their Careers Are Over

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
-16  30
29 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

6 days ago '04        #1
3097 page views
78 comments

jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60
Props total: 20935 20 K  Slaps total: 2195 2 K
Nov 23 - Army Troops Who Refuse Vaccination Can Still Serve, But Their Careers Are Over

Army officials are telling soldiers who refuse to get vaccinated against COVID-19 that they aren't getting booted immediately, but they can't stay in the service for a career.

In a memo to the force last week, Army Secretary Christine Wormuth said active-duty soldiers, reservists and Guardsmen who refuse the vaccine will be "flagged," meaning they will be barred from reenlistment, promotions and potentially most schools.

But soldiers won't be outright removed automatically. Hypothetically, a soldier with years left on their contract can still serve, but will see no progress in their career and will not be allowed to serve beyond that contract. They could leave with an honorable discharge.

The deadline to be vaccinated is Dec. 15 for active-duty soldiers and June 30 for Reserve and Army National Guard troops.

"At this time, the secretary has not authorized any separations with the sole basis being refusal to follow the COVID-19 vaccination order," Lt. Col. Gabriel Ramirez, an Army spokesman, said in a statement Monday to Military.com.

The consequences vary for more senior ranks. Sergeants major, first sergeants and officers who refuse inoculation face possible relief of duty.

The Army's decision not to discharge unvaccinated soldiers is a departure from most of the Defense Department. All other service branches have issued guidance to start removing troops who refuse inoculation. Last month, the Air Force booted 40 new recruits for refusing COVID-19 vaccinations.

Wormuth's new guidance comes amid a standoff between the Oklahoma National Guard and the Pentagon after the state's adjutant general, Brig. Gen. Thomas Mancino, made a move to overrule the Defense Department's vaccine rules, issuing a memo notifying troops they won't be required to take the COVID vaccine.

The Guard is mostly under control of the state's governor unless federally activated, making the Pentagon's authority on the matter murky. Multiple governors are considering following Oklahoma's lead, including Texas, as Republican officials are increasingly resistant to vaccines and COVID-19-related mandates.

There is little evidence of widespread anti-vaccine sentiment in the military. As of last week, 92% of active-duty soldiers are fully vaccinated, far outpacing the general U.S. population, which is at 59%, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

At the annual a*sociation of the United States Army conference last month, Sergeant Major of the Army Michael Grinston, the force's top enlisted leader, urged soldiers to get vaccinated, likening shots to body armor.

"Imagine I had really good body armor and you said, 'I don't want it,'" Grinston said. "Would you be able to call the family member and tell them you had that kit and didn't make them wear it? That's how I feel about it."

visit this link https://www.military.com/ .. -are-over.html

At least they not getting kicked out. But that’s really gonna suck if you an E-2 with 3 years left on your contract or re-enlisted as an E-4 to reclassify to a new MOS for 4 more years but can’t go to school.
+9   

best
worst
78 comments

6 days ago '07        #2
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x63
Props total: 97635 97 K  Slaps total: 12460 12 K
At the annual a*sociation of the United States Army conference last month, Sergeant Major of the Army Michael Grinston, the force's top enlisted leader, urged soldiers to get vaccinated, likening shots to body armor.

"Imagine I had really good body armor and you said, 'I don't want it,'" Grinston said. "Would you be able to call the family member and tell them you had that kit and didn't make them wear it? That's how I feel about it."
+20   

6 days ago '17        #3
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 86340 86 K  Slaps total: 30962 30 K
Lmfao i knew they were gonna find a location to move the goal posts to.

People dont have the balls to carry out these changes they swear they want carried out lmfao.

Last edited by SPdaGOAT; 11-23-2021 at 02:43 PM..
+16   

6 days ago '17        #4
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 86340 86 K  Slaps total: 30962 30 K
 yola said
This a horrible analogy lmfao
+7   

6 days ago '06        #5
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 92313 92 K  Slaps total: 15697 15 K
Sucks for them
+7   

6 days ago '04        #6
gh3tto 
Props total: 50657 50 K  Slaps total: 13173 13 K
The consequences vary for more senior ranks. Sergeants major, first sergeants and officers who refuse inoculation face possible relief of duty.
private schmuckatelli gets a pass but the higher ups will lose their billet

too bad bi*ch you cant be a dumbass plague rat and be leadership

+5   

6 days ago '20        #7
Habeas Corpus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 27626 27 K  Slaps total: 5490 5 K

6 days ago '20        #8
Habeas Corpus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 27626 27 K  Slaps total: 5490 5 K

+9   

6 days ago '06        #9
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 92313 92 K  Slaps total: 15697 15 K
 Habeas Corpus said

Man is off a few percs damn
+10   

6 days ago '16        #10
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x53
Props total: 116901 116 K  Slaps total: 22943 22 K
nobody took that shot
+8   

6 days ago '05        #11
projectd06 
Props total: 32715 32 K  Slaps total: 7806 7 K
Just came to make sure an honorable discharge was an option and that they werent being forced to finish their stint if they werent going to be given the option of a career.
+6   

6 days ago '04        #12
youngsiz 
Props total: 7153 7 K  Slaps total: 1211 1 K
Army still wins they don’t have to promote you any more so regardless of merit your pay won’t increase and you still can get discharged if you act out of line by not doing your job during the rest of your term. I would have to have hated re-enlisted in 2019 or 2020 and stand on that hill especially if you a not at least a NCO
+9   

6 days ago '05        #13
projectd06 
Props total: 32715 32 K  Slaps total: 7806 7 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Lmfao i knew they were gonna find a location to move the goal posts to.

People dont have the balls to carry out these changes they swear they want carried out lmfao.
I'm a*suming they underestimated the number of people who werent going to get it, clearly they cant afford to lose all these people.

It's kinda telling though, from the outside looking in you would a*sume they wanted everyone vaxed to keep them healthy, but if they want them to stay anyway it kinda hints otherwise.
+10   

6 days ago '15        #14
Hellmatic 
Props total: 46783 46 K  Slaps total: 4568 4 K
 Habeas Corpus said

One would think they would be more considerate and have this vaccine sh*t be optional for military people. Considering the mental health issues they deal with and that's been a problem they haven't properly addressed in the military
+3   

6 days ago '06        #15
cleavon15  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 3647 3 K  Slaps total: 691 691
Actually in agreement with this. This is similar to most non compliant medical issues, whether it’s failing weight standards, not going to dental, or not getting your flu shot.

It will also help weed out those who are looking for a shortcut out.
Nah. Sit down and finish those two years at TPU.
+3   

6 days ago '10        #16
JWebb 
Props total: 1778 1 K  Slaps total: 293 293
A lot of this is depending upon what happens with the religious / medical waivers and what TRADOC does about it. Currently TRADOC is not taking anyone unless they are fully vaccinated. If TRADOC switches up and takes Soldiers with a COVID exemption, it will allow for Soldiers to f*ght against the mandate and still get to schools.

6 days ago '18        #17
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 46880 46 K  Slaps total: 3852 3 K
The way they treat our soldiers is horrible. My dad is a marine. His mom dad and sister airforce. The army called me fresh out of hs and ran their game and I fell for it. They got my info from my hs, I asked... told my dad I was signing up. He said over his dead body. I understand now. That was the end of the convo then. I figured he would know better than me and he did and I could tell from how he said what did how jarring hearing that from me was. Salute you servicemen in here. Y'all deserve better from your country.
+21   

6 days ago '19        #18
Mydrunkenstyle 
Props total: 1234 1 K  Slaps total: 90 90
If you can’t make rank. That’s fu*ked up by itself. No need to pass pt tests, body fat, or personnel inspections if I can’t advance or reenlist. I will go to work and do my job so I don’t end up in the stockade or brig.

6 days ago '21        #19
pikadadon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 7667 7 K  Slaps total: 2732 2 K
I plan on joining next year. Training to be a ranger. I don't trust the vaccine but will take it anyway and only see it as a minor inconvenience.

It's crazy how those pharmaceutical companies have crazy control over our government. In every facet of society they're forcing people to take this sh*t. They don't even entertain alternatives like monoclonal antibodies and human ivermectin, or exercise and proper dieting.

I don't think the vaccine is dangerous but I do think it's deliberately ineffective. You have to take subsequent shots every 6 months or so. More money to those pharmaceutical giants (in the form of government subsidies)
+3   

6 days ago '10        #20
JWebb 
 pikadadon said
I plan on joining next year. Training to be a ranger. I don't trust the vaccine but will take it anyway and only see it as a minor inconvenience.

It's crazy how those pharmaceutical companies have crazy control over our government. In every facet of society they're forcing people to take this sh*t. They don't even entertain alternatives like monoclonal antibodies and human ivermectin, or exercise and proper dieting.

I don't think the vaccine is dangerous but I do think it's deliberately ineffective. You have to take subsequent shots every 6 months or so. More money to those pharmaceutical giants (in the form of government subsidies)
I hate to tell you but you’ll be taking a lot of crazy a*s shots once you get in and especially if you make it as a ranger. Whenever your ranger duties may take you will end up required vaccinations for whatever diseases may be in that area.
+12   

6 days ago '21        #21
pikadadon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 7667 7 K  Slaps total: 2732 2 K
 JWebb said
I hate to tell you but you’ll be taking a lot of crazy a*s shots once you get in and especially if you make it as a ranger. Whenever your ranger duties may take you will end up required vaccinations for whatever diseases may be in that area.
Yeah I know. It's required. I don't mind.

In spite of this I'm still very suspicious of these pharmaceutical companies, their financial agenda, and how they're aggressively pushing this particular vaccine onto the public.
+3   

6 days ago '10        #22
JWebb 
 pikadadon said
Yeah I know. It's required. I don't mind.

In spite of this I'm still very suspicious of these pharmaceutical companies, their financial agenda, and how they're aggressively pushing this particular vaccine onto the public.
No doubt bro.I agree with everything you said. Just remember you give up a lot of freedoms when you put on the uniform. My one NCO is finding this out right now as we traverse the COVID exemption process. Career may be over before it even really starts because of the shot. It’s not always easy to toe the line and shut up.
+2   

6 days ago '20        #23
CopyCat 
Props total: 11607 11 K  Slaps total: 1090 1 K
This sounds like something out of Hitler's secret playbook
I'm afraid to say it but I think America has officially thrown the Declaration of Independence in the gutter.

Trump was the first to try it and fail but I think Biden will achieve that goal unfortunately smh
+5   

6 days ago '18        #24
Fivetrey4 
Props total: 437 437  Slaps total: 18 18
Lot of angry Stew's going to be coming home and joining the local militias near you
+2   

6 days ago '17        #25
Chrispy 
Props total: 4295 4 K  Slaps total: 700 700
 pikadadon said

Your too smart for the army
+6   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  18
Article inside Kevin Hart's New Series "True Story" is FIRE. I THOUGHT KOUNTY WAYNE ..
65 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+118online now  11
Image(s) inside rottweiler/german shepard mix gotta be the coolest dog
110 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+67online now  9
Image(s) inside Remember when Young Money had a weak budget?
134 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  5
Video inside YouTuber puts $10,000 into a Crypto trading BOT for 16 Days
10 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy