I was in a car accident and it was my fault

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

4 weeks ago '14        #1
1871 page views
65 comments

strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 155653 155 K  Slaps total: 35440 35 K
I was in a car accident and it was my fault

About a month and a half ago , I was in a car accident where I rear ended a guy, I basically didn't pay attention for a few seconds because my mind went blank and next thing you know there's a car ahead of me at a red light and I couldn't break in time ..

I did the right thing and gave him all of my information, asked if he was okay, offered to call 911 , but he was fine , and he suggested we settle it without the insurance company getting involved ,

Since then ive texted him a few times and I haven't heard from him ? He hasn't replied back to any of my attempts at contacting him , do you think he's still getting quotes from a shop and he will reach me At a later time ? It's already been over a month though

To be honest my car got the bulk of the damage, but it was dark out and I couldn't see if his car got any visible damages with that being the case I would a*sume he would have wanted cash or to settle it right away , but he went ghost

I'm taking full ownership of course and am ready to fork out money, because I know I fu*ked up
+15   

best
worst
65 comments

4 weeks ago '19        #2
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 44842 44 K  Slaps total: 9775 9 K
 strungout said
About a month and a half ago , I was in a car accident where I rear ended a guy, I basically didn't pay attention for a few seconds because my mind went blank and next thing you know there's a car ahead of me at a red light and I couldn't break in time ..

I did the right thing and gave him all of my information, asked if he was okay, offered to call 911 , but he was fine , and he suggested we settle it without the insurance company getting involved ,

Since then ive texted him a few times and I haven't heard from him ? He hasn't replied back to any of my attempts at contacting him , do you think he's still getting quotes from a shop and he will reach me At a later time ? It's already been over a month though

To be honest my car got the bulk of the damage, but it was dark out and I couldn't see if his car got any visible damages with that being the case I would a*sume he would have wanted cash or to settle it right away , but he went ghost

I'm taking full ownership of course and am ready to fork out money, because I know I fu*ked up
Your insurance should provide you coverage and you should be forking over nothing. The thing you'll be paying is higher premiums in the future.
+20   

4 weeks ago '19        #3
Side tip, don't ever say an accident is your fault up front. Let the cops figure that out after the fact.

Last edited by unit321; 11-08-2021 at 11:12 PM..
+43   

4 weeks ago '14        #4
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6 OP
 unit321 said
Your insurance should provide you coverage and you should be forking over nothing. The thing you'll be paying is higher premiums in the future.
Yeah I basically didn't do nothing after the accident , didn't report it either , I was waiting for him to , but I haven't heard anything
+2   

4 weeks ago '19        #5
 strungout said
Yeah I basically didn't do nothing after the accident , didn't report it either , I was waiting for him to , but I haven't heard anything
How are you going to get your car repaired unless you file a claim? Most likely, they will want a police report.
For minor accidents, cops can get a report for you.
I was in a hit and run accident. It was minor, but the insurance folks wanted a police report. Since it was over fast, I had almost nothing to give on the suspect vehicle except their direction of travel.
+3   

4 weeks ago '16        #6
PrinceDreSON 
Props total: 8265 8 K  Slaps total: 1874 1 K
Mans prob had some work in the trunk or maybe not even his car
+32   

4 weeks ago '06        #7
datVAkid 
Props total: 37811 37 K  Slaps total: 6172 6 K
 strungout said

If he aint report it to insurance then... just say thank u n keep moving
+15   

4 weeks ago '14        #8
 unit321 said
How are you going to get your car repaired unless you file a claim? Most likely, they will want a police report.
For minor accidents, cops can get a report for you.
I was in a hit and run accident. It was minor, but the insurance folks wanted a police report. Since it was over fast, I had almost nothing to give on the suspect vehicle except their direction of travel.
I was ready to face the consequences, just didn't know what to do since it was my fault , I guess im alright with my premiums going up after thinking about it some more

I was under the impression he was going to report it and then the insurance company was going to contact me

I also have nothing to give at the present moment since I didn't take any of his information down except his phone number, but he's not getting back to me

My insurance is due to expire soon , so maybe I'll go and report it when I go and renew it though
+2   

4 weeks ago '12        #9
daman729 
Props total: 78678 78 K  Slaps total: 3274 3 K
An honest man is a man of character

+27   

4 weeks ago '19        #10
The Dogefather  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 29894 29 K  Slaps total: 7193 7 K
 strungout said
I work in the safety department for a top 250 motor carrier in the US. Chances are they either aren’t going to do anything about it or their lawyers/agents advised no contact between the two of you. Don’t sweat it bro you’re a good dude.
+7   

4 weeks ago '05        #11
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 106715 106 K  Slaps total: 13380 13 K
Always get your insurance involved, if anyone even hints at that idea of settling without insurance I already know somethings up.
+10   

4 weeks ago '08        #12
Chedda  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 72585 72 K  Slaps total: 3645 3 K
PRO TIP:

If he wants more money than your insurance deductible, go through insurance.

+8   

4 weeks ago '11        #13
Papa Shango 
Props total: 12103 12 K  Slaps total: 980 980
If a girl dont respond to you after a few messages, what would you? After the double text, you gotta just let it rock
+10   

4 weeks ago '20        #14
Gen Anti Fruit  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 79458 79 K  Slaps total: 4098 4 K
Please tell me you took a picture of where you hit him to show damage.

Hopefully he realized it’s not worth it to pursue but he also could be plotting some bullsh*t.

I wouldn’t sweat it to bad tho. I wouldn’t feel in the clear till 3 months or more passed honestly.
+2   

4 weeks ago '14        #15
 Gen Anti Fruit said
Please tell me you took a picture of where you hit him to show damage.

Hopefully he realized it’s not worth it to pursue but he also could be plotting some bullsh*t.

I wouldn’t sweat it to bad tho. I wouldn’t feel in the clear till 3 months or more passed honestly.
Nah I didn't, that's another thing I regret in hindsight, I didn't take any photos of his car, only mine

I hope this whole thing just blows over, it just all happened so fast and I was like whoaaa
+2   

4 weeks ago '20        #16
Gen Anti Fruit  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 79458 79 K  Slaps total: 4098 4 K
 strungout said
it just all happened so fast and I was like whoaaa
It always does my friend. Been in a few accidents only 1 where I was the driver but almost died in Vegas with somebody else driving. Car was totaled.
You should be good. Especially if you took the most damage. Sorry that happened Fam.
+2   

4 weeks ago '15        #17
Spawn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 78863 78 K  Slaps total: 7283 7 K
 strungout said
Nah I didn't, that's another thing I regret in hindsight, I didn't take any photos of his car, only mine

I hope this whole thing just blows over, it just all happened so fast and I was like whoaaa
Speaking from experience, someone rear-ended my beater years ago. Looked and only cracked a piece of the bumper. Had the same thing happen, number exchange and all that.

Once I got home realized it wasn't worth it and wasn't trying to fu*k up my $100 insurance so I just ate it. Maybe dude thinking the same.

You fu*ked fixing your own car though, they gonna know for a fact you rear ended someone unless you find a street with no cameras and fake the funk.
+6   

4 weeks ago '05        #18
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 116146 116 K  Slaps total: 39956 39 K
 strungout said

Insurance broker checking in. Bolded is double edge sword.

Positives: without reporting to your insurance company they wont ding you for an at fault accident

Negatives:
1) Buddy could wake up one morning and say my neck and back hurts (even tho it was a month ago most states have 1-3 yr statue of limitations to claim injuries. If this happens could you be pretty fkd

2) if you didnt take pics of his car theres a possiblity he could tell you there was more damage to his car than meets the eye. Once and if they pull the bumper off and there is damage underneath you could be paying a pretty penny to his/body shop to fix it

3) similar to 2 the body shop could inflate their labor and parts cost. Think name brand over off brand for the same exact part. Also they could charge crazy labor rates and you would never know

4) you paying out of pocket for his damages when your pay for insurance to do that

did you take pics of the other persons car?

NEVER TAKE FULL OWNERSHIP. Reason why is there is a possibility he also contributed to the accident. Hopefully you didnt tell him that. for example:

If it was in traffice maybe he was following too close to the car in front of him, he couldve been distracted and stopped short and you hit him. Or if at an intersection did he obey the traffic controls reasonably. If you did report it and your claims agent is worth a sh*t they could possibly pen it as 80% your fault and 20% the other guys fault. Meaning you are only responsible for 80% of his medical bills and 80% of the cost of repairs to his vehicle.

Attention Boxden: NEVER ADMIT FAULT IN AN ACCIDENT

Last edited by Tha Boss; 11-09-2021 at 12:11 AM..
+10   

4 weeks ago '14        #19
 Tha Boss said
Insurance broker checing in. Bolded is double edge sword.

Positives: without reporting to your insurance company they wont ding you for an at fault accident

Negatives:
1) Buddy could wake up one morning and say my neck and back hurts (even tho it was a month ago most stated have 1-3 yr statue of limitations to claim injuries. If this happens could you be pretty fkd

2) if you didnt take pics of his car theres a possiblity he could tell you there was more damage to his car than meets the eye. Once and if they pull the bumper off and there is damage underneath you could be paying a pretty penny to his/body shop to fix it

3) similar to 2 the body could inflate their labor and parts cost. Think name brand over off brand for the same exact part. Also they could charge crazy labor rates and you would never know

4) you paying out of pocket for his damages when your pay for insurance to do that

did you take pics of the other persons car?
good looks on this post, nah i didn't take photo's of his car or anything, thats why i sort of feel like i am at his mercy right now
+2   

4 weeks ago '05        #20
 strungout said
I was ready to face the consequences, just didn't know what to do since it was my fault , I guess im alright with my premiums going up after thinking about it some more

I was under the impression he was going to report it and then the insurance company was going to contact me

I also have nothing to give at the present moment since I didn't take any of his information down except his phone number, but he's not getting back to me

My insurance is due to expire soon , so maybe I'll go and report it when I go and renew it though
dont do that bruh. if he never reports it and isnt worried about getting the insurance involved then dont worry about it. If you call and report if, even if they dont fix the guys car they still putting an at fault accident on your report and thats could make your rate go up even if you stay or change company's
+3   

4 weeks ago '21        #21
mypostmakesense  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 5361 5 K  Slaps total: 378 378
Man if you don't leave this sh*t alone. You been trying to get in contact with this dude and he ain't hit you back up, he more than likely forgot or doesn't give a fu*k. And this was more than a month ago? Leave it alone.
+3   

4 weeks ago '19        #22
 strungout said

Oh.
Well, next time, you might want to get the other person's insurance info, drivers license info, and license plate number.
If the other driver is not contacting you back even though you were at fault? He might not be insured or his license is suspended. In that case, you don't need to claim fault.
+2   

4 weeks ago '20        #23
Moogie Johnson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 8738 8 K  Slaps total: 1858 1 K
 unit321 said
Oh.
Well, next time, you might want to get the other person's insurance info, drivers license info, and license plate number.
If the other driver is not contacting you back even though you were at fault? He might not be insured or his license is suspended. In that case, you don't need to claim fault.
Yup, my ex did a hit and run with my car one time after rear ending someone (minor damage to my hood and bumper)

I did her a HUGE solid and said I parked my car in the street and came out the next day and noticed the damage. bi*ch gave me the $500 for the deductible and I got my sh*t fixed.

My old man taught me that when I was younger, if you ever fu*k up and back into a wall or something you just lie and claim a hit and run otherwise you get the points on your insurance
+1   

4 weeks ago '19        #24
 Tha Boss said
dont do that bruh. if he never reports it and isnt worried about getting the insurance involved then dont worry about it. If you call and report if, even if they dont fix the guys car they still putting an at fault accident on your report and thats could make your rate go up even if you stay or change company's
That's true. But, it also depends on the level of damage that is on his car.
Having been in some car accidents, the amount of damage seems small but costs thousands.
+2   

4 weeks ago '05        #25
 unit321 said
That's true. But, it also depends on the level of damage that is on his car.
Having been in some car accidents, the amount of damage seems small but costs thousands.
a few variables here tho. Say op has accident forgiveness and they cash it in on this small accident and he needs it if he gets into one that really pays out, or if he has more than this accident/tickets this one could push for a cancellation. sh*t some carriers drop folks just for one accident regardless of payout. His scenario best not to say anything and hope dude dont come back talkin bout hes injured.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+24online now  19
Image(s) inside Dec 7 - Canada's first homegrown COVID-19 vaccine is plant based and s..
162 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-79online now  18
Image(s) inside Midget from Game of Thrones riding with his daughter on a scooter
42 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+69online now  18
dr j says his tennis playing daughter was only born cause her mother had b..
130 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  7
Micah hyde and Jordan poyer not here here for reporters question post game
96 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy