Sep 14 - Cops Beat and Tased a Dad in Front of His Daughter at a Traffic Stop

top in section
   Birdman fake gangstar  @hiphop
topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 week ago '11        #1
1295 page views
38 comments

Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x38
Props total: 161424 161 K  Slaps total: 22524 22 K
Sep 14 - Cops Beat and Tased a Dad in Front of His Daughter at a Traffic Stop

Pulled over after his temporary license plate fell off, Imani Ringgold-D'Abell was tased multiple times by police.

A Black motorist driving with his family in Taylor, Michigan was pulled over, beaten up and tased multiple times by the cops in front of his young child after his temporary paper license plate unknowingly fell off of his car. Now, he and his girlfriend are suing the five officers involved and the city in federal court for excessive force.

“The events we allege in the complaint represent serious misconduct by Taylor police against our client, causing lasting harm to the whole family,” Julie Porter, the attorney representing Imani Ringgold-D’Abell and his girlfriend La’Shanna Taylor. “This should never happen to anyone again, and we hope this lawsuit will bring accountability to Taylor.”

Portions of the police bodycam footage of the arrest was published by local Detroit news station Fox 2. The footage was also shared with VICE News by the family’s legal team.

On Sept. 13, 2019, Ringgold-D’Abell and Taylor, were driving to a dentist appointment for their three-year-old daughter who was sitting in the backseat. The couple had just moved to Taylor, Michigan from their home in Illinois in order to be closer to Taylor’s family.

Ringgold-D’Abell had purchased a used SUV to get around their new home state and received a temporary registration permit and paper license plate to last him up to 90 days while he waited for the official permit to arrive. Also prior to his move, Ringgold-D’Abell had lost his Illinois driver’s license and was in the process of waiting for a replacement from the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles.

He’d been given a temporary paper driver’s license by the state, and as a backup measure, Ringgold-D’Abell also kept a photo of his original license to ensure he could be identified if needed.

As the couple made their way to the dentist, a Taylor Police Department lieutenant noticed the SUV operating without a license plate and pulled the vehicle over. Ringgold-D’Abell had not realized that the temporary paper license plate hanging from where the permanent plates would go had fallen off during a car wash.

Though Ringgold-D’Abell provided the officer with both a photo of his Illinois license and the car’s license plate number as well as a brief explanation of why he was short on proper license and registration, the cop called for backup.

Four additional officers arrived on the scene as the lieutenant checked the license number. Even after realizing that both the plates and the car checked out, the officers a*sumed that his license must have been expired or not in good standing, the lawsuit alleges. When Ringgold-D’Abell provided the officers with information about his active Illinois driver’s license, but they still decided to take him into custody for failure to carry a driver’s license.

The lieutenant informed Ringgold-D’Abell that he was being arrested. Ringgold-D’Abell tried once more to present the officers his paperwork and temporary ID to no avail. One of the officers then opened the SUV door, and grabbed Ringgold-D’Abell by the wrist. The group surrounded the motorist before the lieutenant shoved him against the door that his young daughter was next to as two more officers pressed him against the vehicle.

When Taylor stepped out of the car, the two other officers allegedly restrained her and pushed her back into the vehicle, before handcuffing her and walking her over to the patrol car.

“Stop! You’re hurting me!” Taylor said. “Stop! My daughter’s in the car!”

Meanwhile, officers punched Ringgold-D’Abell in the stomach as the others held him against the car. After he stumbled to the ground, the lieutenant on the scene told the other officers to tase him. The lawsuit alleges that Ringgold-D’Abell held his hands in the air hoping to once again de-escalate the situation but the officer fired the taser anyway. The cops ordered Ringgold-D’Abell to get on the ground, but before he could comply the officer discharged his taser again.

The officers continued to threaten him after he laid on the floor face up. After complying with orders to lay prone, Ringgold-D’Abell was tased once more from behind, this time with the taser flush against his body, the lawsuit alleges.

After the alleged a*sault, the cops search the vehicle and found nothing but candy. One officer complained of having to replace their taser cartridges while another said the altercation likely ruined his new tattoo. Ringgold-D’Abell’s daughter had been left in the car alone for 10 minutes, crying as her father was battered by police and her mother was handcuffed and taken away.

Ms. Taylor was eventually released from custody to tend to her daughter. Ringgold-D’Abell was taken to Taylor Police Department’s jail, where he spent three days before posting bond and being released on pretrial conditions. The arrest report that police filed allegedly says that Ringgold-D’Abell disobeyed officer orders and was resisting arrest. He was charged with speeding, lacking proof of insurance, a registration and plate violation, failing to display a valid license, and interfering with police authority

The charges against Ringgold-D’Abell remain pending, according to the lawsuit. The lawsuit also claims that Wayne County prosecutors offered to dismiss the charges if Ringgold-D’Abell dropped civil claims related to his brutal arrest, which he declined to do. However, the county denies that they offered Ringgold-D’Abell such a deal.

The attack left Ringgold-D’Abell with a neck brace, cuts and bruises on his face and upper body. He was also left with puncture wounds from being tased multiple times. The lawsuit also alleges the encounter left the family in financial ruin due to medical costs, fees for his impounded vehicle, legal bills, and insurance costs. The financial struggles left the family unable to keep the used car, forcing Ringgold-D’Abellto to live with his dad. Taylor on the other hand had to take off from work to stay with the couple’s daughter who was traumatized by the arrest.

In addition to suing for excessive force, the family is suing for unlawful seizure and false arrest, failure to intervene, malicious prosecution, a*sault and battery and emotional distress and violating their first and 14th Amendment rights. They are asking to be compensated for the financial damages incurred by the arrest, the amount of which they request to be determined in court.

At least three of the officers involved in Ringgold-D’Abellto’s arrest were involved in prior instances of violent police encounters. One of cops was involved in the Nov. 2014 arrest of a Black man who was tased multiple times and beaten despite showing no signs of resistance. Another one of the officers was involved in brutal arrests that took place in March and May 2015 and February 2019. A third officer was also involved in the May 2015 incident.

The Taylor Police Department did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

visit this link https://www.vice.com/en/a .. 56CA0Ne3Gt4RrI
+8   

best
worst
38 comments

1 week ago '04        #2
Chronos  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 25885 25 K  Slaps total: 735 735
Thugs with badges.
+12   

1 week ago '10        #3
Trilluminati GA 
Props total: 36440 36 K  Slaps total: 1477 1 K
Easy peezy
+3   

1 week ago '18        #4
ChrisPartlowFro 
Props total: 31255 31 K  Slaps total: 3497 3 K
Wayne County

Michigan really ain’t sh*t. They been unconstitutionally taking homes from people in and around Detroit for like the past decade. sh*t foul up there.
+6   

1 week ago '16        #5
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 80317 80 K  Slaps total: 8815 8 K

fu*k them pigs
+8   

1 week ago '13        #6
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 99177 99 K  Slaps total: 40741 40 K
death 2 all pigs
+4   

1 week ago '15        #7
roddy got white  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 46876 46 K  Slaps total: 8036 8 K
This might be the clearest case of excessive force I've ever seen
+12   

1 week ago '17        #8
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 83868 83 K  Slaps total: 24692 24 K
I will say at least it this cop didn’t realize it was the gun and not the bright a*s yellow clunky taser

fu*k them man smh and n*ggas had a nerve to say gang bangers were Devil worshippers….. well who are these cops praying to???? What do u call this??? Smh
+6   

1 week ago '21        #9
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 13001 13 K  Slaps total: 3465 3 K
What y’all having for dinner

I’m having the CLUCK
+1   

1 week ago '17        #10
becoolhomie2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 12357 12 K  Slaps total: 4481 4 K
Sometimes its necessary

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '04        #11
ddash 
Props total: 49649 49 K  Slaps total: 3669 3 K
 PackerTrelli3 said
I will say at least it this cop didn’t realize it was the gun and not the bright a*s yellow clunky taser

fu*k them man smh and n*ggas had a nerve to say gang bangers were Devil worshippers….. well who are these cops praying to???? What do u call this??? Smh
They both are lol

fu*k both of them honestly

But I agree 100% on ya first sentence I will never believe that white bi*ch who talking about she thought it was her tazer smh.
+4   

1 week ago '10        #12
MrTripleDouble 
Props total: 8855 8 K  Slaps total: 3878 3 K
They traded in their KKK uniforms in for police uniforms just like their fathers and grandfathers did. Only racism escalates to this. Stupidity of the cops would be an excuse. This is clearly an act of racism by 5 psychopathic officers who have no regard for human life and no decency.
+7   

1 week ago '11        #13
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x38 OP
Props total: 161424 161 K  Slaps total: 22524 22 K
 Trilluminati GA said
Easy peezy
They tazed him after even after verifying his information

House and car will be paid for
+3   

1 week ago '17        #14
Thegreatiandi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 26389 26 K  Slaps total: 2162 2 K
Not that I make it a point to try and understand these troglodytes, but, how do you justify the rapid escalation of a basic traffic stop directly into multiple tasing / beating / child abandonment by police?

I guess when you feel as though the person being harassed is truly less than human, then it's not a big deal in your mind.

I'm just glad that this man didn't die and will let the very least, be able to reap the monetary benefit of this altercation. He and his lady should sue separately.
+8   

1 week ago '20        #15
one2remember3 
Props total: 5773 5 K  Slaps total: 699 699
sh*t just made me check my license validity
+1   

1 week ago '07        #16
balla9969 
Props total: 2486 2 K  Slaps total: 346 346
fu*k these cops man but in the end nothing ever happens to them which is frustrating
+4   

1 week ago '10        #17
Trilluminati GA 
Props total: 36440 36 K  Slaps total: 1477 1 K
 Sin said
They tazed him after even after verifying his information

House and car will be paid for
Brand spanking new car with a house on the hill and a boat on the lake to match
+2   

1 week ago '17        #18
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 83868 83 K  Slaps total: 24692 24 K
 ddash said
They both are lol

fu*k both of them honestly

But I agree 100% on ya first sentence I will never believe that white bi*ch who talking about she thought it was her tazer smh.

Well I have an allegiance to Crips, so I can’t just up and say fu*k’em. In order to worship the Devil, you have to understand who or what the Devil is.

Gangs commit crimes among themselves. They target eachother. We don’t fu*k wit 550s. Well I don’t gang bang anymore, so I can’t say “we”.

But we agree on one thing tho!

1 week ago '16        #19
Negusis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32577 32 K  Slaps total: 3840 3 K
Why did they need 5 cops there for that? Do they not have anything else to do?

Also, though he could've approached the situation better. This dude trying to get the last pull of cig while they taking him out the car. I mean talking about having low awareness. Dude didn't read the situation at all, too busy trying to look cool.
+1   

1 week ago '21        #20
nocomment  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5251 5 K  Slaps total: 977 977
 Thegreatiandi said
Not that I make it a point to try and understand these troglodytes, but, how do you justify the rapid escalation of a basic traffic stop directly into multiple tasing / beating / child abandonment by police?

I guess when you feel as though the person being harassed is truly less than human, then it's not a big deal in your mind.

I'm just glad that this man didn't die and will let the very least, be able to reap the monetary benefit of this altercation. He and his lady should sue separately.
you know an intelligent man would feel the same and treat them accordingly
+2   

1 week ago '06        #21
daffysm 
Props total: 7069 7 K  Slaps total: 3332 3 K
 Thegreatiandi said
Not that I make it a point to try and understand these troglodytes, but, how do you justify the rapid escalation of a basic traffic
cant find the full video, but it looks like he was told to get out of the car (which you have to) and he refused

just googling the department, they have had many recent issues too
+1   

1 week ago '17        #22
Wavie Crockett 
Props total: 7499 7 K  Slaps total: 12060 12 K
How hard is it not to resist?

1 week ago '17        #23
Jdog168  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 15937 15 K  Slaps total: 365 365
They don’t call it Taylortucky for nothing
+1   

1 week ago '15        #24
Mexicanelvis 
Props total: 12809 12 K  Slaps total: 707 707
 Thegreatiandi said

They’re a special type of pig, more like a feral hog, driving around in their patrol cars looking for any excuse to put their hands on a civilian.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #25
Tokenblack3005 
Props total: 139 139  Slaps total: 12 12
I have to see the entirety of the body cam footage

The news loves splicing up footage out of context to fit their narrative. If I'm pulled over by the police, I don't care if I'm right or wrong, I don't resist. Get a ticket and f*ght it in court/pay the fines/whatever

All this could've been avoided if he didn't resist. The police just don't remove you from your car and taze you for a simple traffic ticket

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+20online now  11
Sep 22 - HermanCainAward, the fast growing Subreddit Catalogs Anti-Vaxxer COVI..
417 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  9
Image(s) inside Apple Wallet is getting verifiable COVID-19 vaccination cards
68 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+32online now  7
Video inside OMI In a Hellcat INDICTED by FEDS for "Massive Internet Piracy Scheme" ..
285 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+25online now  7
Video inside Superman Brutally murders everyone in Injustice Red-Band Trailer
63 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy