PS5 Software Update launches globally tomorrow (M.2 storage finally)

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 weeks ago '05        #1
902 page views
29 comments

precys  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 22137 22 K  Slaps total: 2445 2 K
PS5 Software Update launches globally tomorrow (M.2 storage finally)

I've been waiting to put this 2TB ssd in

Includes new UX features and customization options, 3D Audio for built-in TV speakers, and M.2 SSD storage expansion

Tomorrow, we’re pleased to launch our second major PS5 system software update to all PS5 owners globally. The update includes a variety of enhancements to the PS5 console experience as well as 3D audio support for built-in TV speakers. It also features M.2 SSD storage expansion, which enables PS5 players to store and play PS5 games, PS4 games, and media apps directly from the expanded high-speed storage.

We’re also expanding mobile features with support for PS Remote Play over mobile networks starting tomorrow, and the ability to view Share Screen broadcasts on PS App beginning next Thursday, Sept. 23.

Thanks to everyone in the community who participated in our system update beta — your support and feedback was valuable. Here are some of the key new features coming to PS5, PS4 and our mobile apps:

​​
PS5 September System Software Update Features

PS5 UX Enhancements

The PS5 September Update features new UX enhancements that make it easier than ever for players to view, personalize and manage their game content and console experience:

Control Center customization. Players can now customize their Control Center more freely by rearranging or choosing which controls to hide or unhide at the bottom of the screen.
Enhanced Game Base. Players can now easily view and write messages to friends and Parties directly from Game Base in the Control Center.

While viewing Game Base in full screen, players can also see how many of their friends are online, busy, or offline, as well as accept, decline or cancel multiple friend requests at once.

Game Library and Home Screen updates. If you have PS4 and PS5 versions of the same game installed, they’ll now appear separately in the “Installed” tab of the Game Library and on the Home screen. Each game’s tile now also clearly indicates its platform.
Screen Reader controls. Players can now pause or resume Screen Reader (Press “PS + Triangle buttons”) and have it repeat anything it reads (Press “PS + R1 buttons”).

New Gaming and Social Experience Customizations
PlayStation Now resolution selector and connection test tool. PlayStation Now subscribers can choose between 720p or 1080p (depending on individual game) to accommodate their preferred video resolution for game streaming. A streaming connection test also helps them identify and troubleshoot any problems with their connection.
New Accolade Type: “Leader.” Following an online match, players can award others with a fourth accolade type, “Leader,” which is visible on players’ profiles.

Automatic capture of “personal best” videos.
When players compete in challenges for a better time or a higher score and set a new personal best, a video clip of the action will automatically be recorded. Players can also share clips of their personal bests directly from the challenge card in the Control Center, or from their Media Gallery. Players have direct control over this functionality via their Captures and Broadcast settings.

New Trophy tracker.
We’ve added a new Trophy Tracker that lets players quickly access up to five trophies per game through the Control Center.

3D Audio Support for Built-In TV Speakers

The PS5 September Update adds support for players to experience 3D audio through their built-in TV speakers. Once enabled in the Sound menu, this feature transforms standard two-channel TV speaker audio into three-dimensional sound, heightening the sense of gameplay immersion.* Players can measure the acoustics of their room using the microphone on their DualSense wireless controller to apply the 3D audio setting that’s optimized for their room.**

3D audio via compatible headsets on PS5 has been a popular feature among fans and developers. We’re thrilled to bring this feature to life for players directly through their built-in TV speakers, in addition to the headset support that’s been available since launch.

In addition, players with a Pulse 3D Wireless Headset now have access to equalizer settings within Sound Controls, allowing them to customize the sound profile according to their preference.

M.2 SSD Storage Expansion

Starting tomorrow, PS5 players around the globe can expand their storage capacity with an M.2 SSD, a type of high-speed solid state drive that can be installed in the PS5 console or PS5 Digital Edition console.

Once installed in the PS5 or PS5 Digital Edition console, M.2 SSD storage can be used to download, copy, and launch PS5 and PS4 games, as well as media apps. You can play PS5 and PS4 games directly from M.2 SSD storage and freely move games between storage options.

Important: M.2 SSDs must meet the minimum performance and size requirements outlined on this page. Using an M.2 SSD also requires effective heat dissipation with a cooling structure (such as a heatsink) that meets the dimensional requirements. Please read the page linked above carefully before purchasing any M.2 SSD or cooling structure for use with PS5.

Here’s a look at how to install an M.2 SSD in your PS5 console:

PS Remote Play App and PS App Enhancements

PS Remote Play App over mobile networks

With the PS Remote Play app, players have enjoyed the ability to remotely stream and play PS4 and PS5 games, switch between games, and browse their console’s menus on any compatible device connected to their broadband network.*** Now, players using the mobile app for iOS and Android have the option of using a mobile data connection when WiFi is not available.
Broadband internet with at least 5Mbps is required for PS Remote Play. For the best experience, we recommend a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 15 Mbps.
To help manage the amount of data used through a mobile connection, players can select their preferred video quality for mobile data streaming.
Please note the quality and connectivity of your Remote Play experience may vary depending on your mobile carrier network and network environment.

View Share Screen broadcasts on PS App

Starting next Thursday, Sept. 23, a PS App update will begin rolling out globally and give users the ability to view their friends’ Share Screen broadcasts together.
To start, join a party voice chat from your mobile device with a friend who’s playing on a PS5 console. Then ask your friend on PS5 to start their Share Screen broadcast. Please note, only players on PS5 can broadcast via Share Screen.
The Android version of the update is a phased release and may take one week until the update is available on your mobile device.

PS4 Console Enhancements

We’re also introducing some new features for PS4, including the ability for players to view their PS5 trophies on their PS4 profile and Trophy list. Players can also view other players’ PS5 trophies on PS4. On both PS4 and PS5 consoles, Party owners now also have the ability to disband a Party without having to remove players individually.

*3D audio for built-in TV speakers needs to be enabled manually through the Sound menu in the PS5 console’s system settings (it’s off by default).
**A DualSense wireless controller update releasing alongside the PS5 September update is required to activate this feature.
+4   

best
worst
29 comments

2 weeks ago '16        #2
Quinn 
Props total: 7094 7 K  Slaps total: 1680 1 K
damn so the internal SSD wasnt that god like after all

shame sony made you boys wait this long to get expansion.

glad you boys got this, that means Homebrew and support is inbound shortly(if it aint already there)
+1   

2 weeks ago '08        #3
J_Clarity13 
Props total: 12703 12 K  Slaps total: 1749 1 K
Cool

2 weeks ago '17        #4
Pretty Tone 
Props total: 48133 48 K  Slaps total: 4033 4 K
Any hard drive recommendations?
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #5
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 76172 76 K  Slaps total: 26145 26 K
Nice but having a second PS5 has been treating me well enough

2 weeks ago '12        #6
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 182050 182 K  Slaps total: 10603 10 K
Ive had em in both of mine since they did the test invite and had no problem. It’s all G
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #7
dadon85 
Props total: 48084 48 K  Slaps total: 4897 4 K
Gotta love console updates

Get out the bugs and make things easier

2 weeks ago '07        #8
iswerve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20216 20 K  Slaps total: 2735 2 K
 Quinn said
damn so the internal SSD wasnt that god like after all

shame sony made you boys wait this long to get expansion.

glad you boys got this, that means Homebrew and support is inbound shortly(if it aint already there)
i wonder if sometime in the future you would be able to store and play games PS5 off an external ssd with the required specs like how you can on the ps4

2 weeks ago '11        #9
socal511  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4369 4 K  Slaps total: 219 219
being able to view share play in the app is cool. storage update just in time for the new cod to take up 300gb on the ssd
+1   

2 weeks ago '21        #10
Episode 
Props total: 2770 2 K  Slaps total: 369 369
I’m hype. I already copped my SSD upgrade, jus been waiting for this to go live. I signed up for that beta program but never got accepted so had to wait for the public launch lol. I jus grabbed a 1 TB so I’ll have almost 2TB total. I was gon cop a 2TB, but I sat and thought and honestly that’s jus an unnecessary amount of room. I don’t be playing that many games in rotation at one time. Wit 2TB, I’ll be able to have whatever campaign I’m playing, 2 or 3 decently big multiplayer games, basketball and football, and I’ll prolly STILL have some room left after that. So I’m definitively set.

2 weeks ago '15        #11
PineappleOG 
Props total: 42038 42 K  Slaps total: 7903 7 K

i get to be part of the PS d*ckriders by this weekend
+5   

2 weeks ago '04        #12
gh3tto 
Props total: 48097 48 K  Slaps total: 11610 11 K

does anyone actually want to play like this ?

+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #13
slapaho 
Props total: 12917 12 K  Slaps total: 607 607
 PineappleOG said

I just copped the digital one canít believe it

+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #14
Man I been k*llin it at work lately, shoutouts to me

2 weeks ago '17        #15
 PineappleOG said

Nobody riding d*ck, people just play video games
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #16
PineappleOG 
 SPdaGOAT said
Nobody riding d*ck, people just play video games
Yall do more than just ride that d*ck

2 weeks ago '17        #17
 PineappleOG said
Yall do more than just ride that d*ck
This site is wild suspect man.

Yíall find any excuse to talk about d*ck and even framing n*ggas into being into tranny pr0n to have an excuse to watch it.

@ we ainít sign up for an LGBT forum bruh. Please IP block me
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #18
PineappleOG 
 SPdaGOAT said
This site is wild suspect man.

Yíall find any excuse to talk about d*ck and even framing n*ggas into being into tranny pr0n to have an excuse to watch it.

@ we ainít sign up for an LGBT forum bruh. Please IP block me
You kept it gonig when you got defensive about how much sony d*ck you ride, i don't care if it hurt your lil snowflake feelings, no one else commented other than the prime sony d*ckrider in this section

2 weeks ago '17        #19
 PineappleOG said
You kept it gonig when you got defensive about how much sony d*ck you ride, i don't care if it hurt your lil snowflake feelings, no one else commented other than the prime sony d*ckrider in this section
d*ck d*ck d*ck all up and down your post.

sh*t is wild gay. When the last time you talk about pu**y on here or talk to a bi*ch if ever?

You n*ggas is flaming homos
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #20
PineappleOG 
 SPdaGOAT said
d*ck d*ck d*ck all up and down your post.

sh*t is wild gay. When the last time you talk about pu**y on here or talk to a bi*ch if ever?

You n*ggas is flaming homos
You're hurt, get over it, embrace what you do, you do it so much, I a*sumeyou own a fu*k ton of sony stock

2 weeks ago '17        #21
 PineappleOG said
You're hurt, get over it, embrace what you do, you do it so much, I a*sumeyou own a fu*k ton of sony stock
Nobody hurt, just disturbed to be amongst so many f*g**ts.

Whether I own Sony stock or not, why are you using that to justify being gay lmfao
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #22
PineappleOG 
 SPdaGOAT said
Nobody hurt, just disturbed to be amongst so many f*g**ts.

Whether I own Sony stock or not, why are you using that to justify being gay lmfao
Seems like you're insecure about being called a sony d*ckrider, when someone says such a thing they don't necessrily mean homos*xuality you weirdo, sony doesn't have an actual d*ck for you to go place your literal a**hole you dumbass

2 weeks ago '17        #23
 PineappleOG said
Seems like you're insecure about being called a sony d*ckrider, when someone says such a thing they don't necessrily mean homos*xuality you weirdo, sony doesn't have an actual d*ck for you to go place your literal a**hole you dumbass
All this explaining just to keep saying wild homo sh*t

Ok bro

2 weeks ago '15        #24
PineappleOG 
 SPdaGOAT said
All this explaining just to keep saying wild homo sh*t

Ok bro
All this sh*t cus you're insecure about being called a d*ckride and instead of changing it you cry that you're called out. Have a good day sir

2 weeks ago '17        #25
Dude had to make one last gay a*s comment before exiting the conversation

You n*ggas is repressed homos lmfao

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+17online now  30
Sep 24 - Japanese yakuza boss Satoru Nomura sentenced to death for ordering mu..
118 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  20
Video inside BMF: Black Mafia Family - Season 1 | Discussion Thread (Starz)
155 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  18
WHY PIZZAHUT IS TAKING Ls
161 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+37online now  7
Video inside Ps5