Sep 13 - Ohio mom pleads guilty in execution-style killings of 8 members of a family

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '08        #1
2234 page views
41 comments

cohs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 45204 45 K  Slaps total: 2558 2 K
Sep 13 - Ohio mom pleads guilty in execution-style k*llings of 8 members of a family

COLUMBUS, Ohio — An Ohio woman pleaded guilty Friday to helping plan the k*llings of eight members of a family, becoming the second member of her own family to admit to a role in a shocking crime prosecutors say stemmed from a dispute over custody of her granddaughter.

Angela Wagner, 50, pleaded guilty in southern Ohio’s Pike County to conspiracy to commit aggravated murder, along with burglary, evidence tampering and other charges.

In exchange for the plea, prosecutors dropped aggravated murder charges against her and recommended that she serve a 30-year prison sentence. Her agreement to testify against other remaining defendants was also part of the deal, they said.

She didn't make any statements during the hearing.

Her husband and their two adult sons also were charged in the 2016 slayings of seven adults and a teenage boy from the Rhoden family. Wagner’s plea comes nearly five months after her son Edward “Jake” Wagner pleaded guilty to aggravated murder and other charges and agreed to testify against the other three in a deal that would help all four avoid potential death sentences.

George “Billy” Wagner III and George Wagner IV have pleaded not guilty.

The fatal shootings at three trailers and a camper near Piketon in April 2016 terrified residents in a stretch of rural Ohio and launched one of the state’s most extensive criminal investigations, which led to the Wagners’ arrest more than two years later.

The Wagners spent months planning the k*llings and targeted some of the victims, but “some sadly were k*lled because they happened to be there,” said special prosecutor Angela Canepa.

Most of the victims were repeatedly shot in the head, and some showed signs of bruising. Three young children at the scenes were unharmed.

The victims were 40-year-old Christopher Rhoden Sr.; his ex-wife, 37-year-old Dana Rhoden; their three children, 20-year-old Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden, 16-year-old Christopher Jr., and 19-year-old Hanna; Clarence Rhoden’s fiancee, 20-year-old Hannah Gilley; Christopher Rhoden Sr.’s brother, 44-year-old Kenneth Rhoden; and a cousin, 38-year-old Gary Rhoden.

Prosecutors say the Wagner family planned the k*llings for months, motivated by a dispute over custody of the daughter Jake Wagner had with Hanna Rhoden.

The Wagners used guns with homemade silencers, allowing them to k*ll their victims as they slept, according to the prosecutors.

Angela Wagner was fully aware of the plans and bought several items used to carry out the k*llings, including “phone jammers” that would have prevented the victims from calling for help, Canepa said.

She also forged custody documents and monitored some of the victims' social media accounts before the k*llings, Canepa said. Wagner approached prosecutors about a deal and gave them new information after her son pleaded guilty, Canepa said.

Jake Wagner pleaded guilty in April on the fifth anniversary of the slayings and said in court that he was “deeply and very sorry.” He hasn’t been sentenced, but his lawyer said he understood that he would spend his life in prison.

Christopher Rhoden Sr.’s brother, Tony Rhoden Sr., has said the family was grateful for the first plea as “some semblance of justice.”

He also has sued the Wagners. That case is pending.

visit this link https://www.nbcnews.com/n .. amily-n1278981
+14   

best
worst
41 comments

2 weeks ago '06        #2
Jax Daniel  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9441 9 K  Slaps total: 252 252
I remember this well as it's not too far across the river where I stay at.

Detectives actually spoke to my Uncle about it not long afterwards because he somehow either a distant relation or somehow a*sociated with someone in the family that was k*lled. They were reaching out to anyone because they had no fu*king clue who did it or why it happened.

I remember a lot of people saying they thought it was a cartel hit because the family had a big weed operation allegedly lol but turns out it was just over custody of a kid. fu*king crazy.
+35   

2 weeks ago '04        #3
DJ Maximum|M  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 47865 47 K  Slaps total: 3489 3 K
Yeah I remember this

the family were investigated off an on

they finally found some sh*t to stick and now they tryna get a plea deal

the father is testifying to avoid death penalty smh
+12   

2 weeks ago '10        #4
Trilluminati GA 
Props total: 36439 36 K  Slaps total: 1477 1 K
Evil ain't strange no more....
+17   

2 weeks ago '16        #5
FlyinIron 
Props total: 39708 39 K  Slaps total: 3389 3 K
Homemade silencer & sh*t

+26   

2 weeks ago '19        #6
slicktheruler  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4289 4 K  Slaps total: 223 223
 FlyinIron said
Homemade silencer & sh*t

Big ole Idaho Potato.
+14   

2 weeks ago '09        #7
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x71
Props total: 237293 237 K  Slaps total: 26594 26 K
@ gettin ready to visit the family in jail
+6   

2 weeks ago '10        #8
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 82526 82 K  Slaps total: 18128 18 K
Ozark type sh*t
+18   

1 week ago '07        #9
wtr1906  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11190 11 K  Slaps total: 961 961
Yeah I remember this as it's not too far from Columbus and they thought it was drugs and the Cartel. Had n*ggas low key shook. Those plea deals are disgusting. The judicial system is such a joke! death penalty should be the only option. 7 people dead for no fu*king reason and some were kids
+17   

1 week ago '05        #10
Hadal Zone 
Props total: 35451 35 K  Slaps total: 1303 1 K
Wiped out the whole fam
+7   

1 week ago '11        #11
bonez79  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 37513 37 K  Slaps total: 8505 8 K
"Execution double niiine style steadily sending that body underground"
+6   

1 week ago '05        #12
pnoi89  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 26472 26 K  Slaps total: 2761 2 K
 bonez79 said
"Execution double niiine style steadily sending that body underground"
Good taste. Basically my GOAT hip hop album to this day.

+8   

1 week ago '10        #13
Chiyosuke 
Props total: 13268 13 K  Slaps total: 711 711
fu*king demons
+5   

1 week ago '04        #14
7twelve 
Props total: 37119 37 K  Slaps total: 8295 8 K
would like to see the silencer.

on another note, what happened to that ohio couple who let all them wild animals loose cuz the govt was threatening to take em
+3   

1 week ago '16        #15
301216baller 
Props total: 22489 22 K  Slaps total: 2326 2 K
Wow I remember this, I thought it was drug related
+2   

1 week ago '07        #16
Daville502 
Props total: 7768 7 K  Slaps total: 490 490
What is the fu*k of fu*ks.
You going to take a custody dispute this far? Not smart at all. A lot of lives lost here.
+2   

1 week ago '16        #17
JustVibe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 18642 18 K  Slaps total: 1162 1 K
That’s scary, how you wipe your own family off the earth
+1   

1 week ago '18        #18
classicrap1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 15817 15 K  Slaps total: 20091 20 K
i told yaw n*ggas my city is just as fu*ked up and mentally ill as alot of yaw cities.

sh*t n*gga columbus ohio ain't no joke.

i thank god each day i make it out alive. or survive even going to the store and back.
+4   

1 week ago '09        #19
dbailey86 
Props total: 542 542  Slaps total: 14 14
She helped plan all this stuff and followed through with their plan but the prosecutors dropped aggravated murder charges

I wonder why
+6   

1 week ago '21        #20
Mr Wendal  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 7277 7 K  Slaps total: 4394 4 K
 dbailey86 said
She helped plan all this stuff and followed through with their plan but the prosecutors dropped aggravated murder charges

I wonder why
No need to wonder next time just read the article instead of insinuating bullsh*t. That just shows weekness to a dog like me.

In exchange for the plea, prosecutors dropped aggravated murder charges against her and recommended that she serve a 30-year prison sentence. Her agreement to testify against other remaining defendants was also part of the deal, they said.

Do better. This is a perfect example of why the brotherhood is needed.

@ @ @ @ @ @ @
+7   

1 week ago '20        #21
Acts 4 Verse 12 
Props total: 18937 18 K  Slaps total: 8872 8 K
 dbailey86 said

I wonder why
Straighten up your act son. Do better next time

@ @ @ @ @ @ @
+5   

1 week ago '20        #22
Detr0it 
Props total: 3305 3 K  Slaps total: 113 113
RIP to the deceased. Ohio really is just North Florida, huh?
+4   

1 week ago '07        #23
 Detr0it said
RIP to the deceased. Ohio really is just North Florida, huh?
A lot of people in Florida are originally from Ohio, they are just snow birds so that makes so much sense!

Last edited by wtr1906; 09-13-2021 at 06:35 PM..
+3   

1 week ago '07        #24
 classicrap1 said
i told yaw n*ggas my city is just as fu*ked up and mentally ill as alot of yaw cities.

sh*t n*gga columbus ohio ain't no joke.

i thank god each day i make it out alive. or survive even going to the store and back.
I try to tell people that come here to visit that ain't sh*t sweet in Columbus anymore! These young dudes wild AF and shoot and ask no questions. We already at 145 homicides and it's September
+1   

1 week ago '15        #25
RuggedDrifter 
Props total: 1627 1 K  Slaps total: 176 176
Damn! Scary to think they almost got away with it for two yrs.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  14
Image(s) inside Apple Wallet is getting verifiable COVID-19 vaccination cards
68 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+32online now  6
Video inside OMI In a Hellcat INDICTED by FEDS for "Massive Internet Piracy Scheme" ..
285 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+17online now  2
KD vetoed a trade that would've sent Kyrie Irving to Philadelphia in excha..
124 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+20online now  2
Sep 22 - HermanCainAward, the fast growing Subreddit Catalogs Anti-Vaxxer COVI..
416 comments
2 days ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy