Sep 11-Subway Employee Suspended After Video Shows Her Defending Herself From Armed Robber

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '04        #1
2425 page views
63 comments

jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x43
Props total: 16346 16 K  Slaps total: 1610 1 K
Sep 11-Subway Employee Suspended After Video Shows Her Defending Herself From Armed Robber

An attempted robbery at a Subway restaurant in Rockford, Illinois was captured on surveillance video and posted to Facebook, where it has since racked up nearly 100,000 views. The employee is seen defending herself against the alleged suspect but said she was suspended from her job.

The employee, Araceli Sotelo, told WTVO that she was scared for her life and decided to f*ght back during the attempted robbery on Sunday.

Although the video, which was posted to the Rockford Scanner Facebook page, initially does not show Sotelo or the suspect, there is yelling heard off-screen before the two come into frame. The suspect is seen wrestling with Sotelo for her purse, and she threatens to call the police. She manages to get the suspect in a headlock before pulling off his sweatshirt. A gun falls to the floor and Sotelo picks it up and hits the suspect with it before he runs out of the store, leaving her purse behind.

"He kind of just showed me his gun, and I was like freaking out like, 'woah you can't do that please leave," Sotelo told WTVO. "[He said] 'give me all the money' and I said 'I do not have any money, like I do not have any money.'"

She said the suspect was smaller than her, so she was able to push back against him before she pulled his sweatshirt off and grabbing the gun after it fell to the floor. When the surveillance footage was posted online, Sotelo said she was told that she would be suspended if she didn't take the videos down.

However, Sotelo told WTVO that she did not leak the video and the owner is now ignoring her.

"They did not want anyone to know, they wanted to be private that it happened to me and that I fought back, but I think they did that because they do not want corporate to know," she said.

Text messages obtained by WTVO show a conversation that stated Sotelo was suspended until the videos were taken down. She wrote back and asked how she can take them down if she did not post them.

A spokesperson from the Rockford Police Department told Newsweek that the investigation is ongoing and that they are unsure how the video was leaked. An admin from the Rockford Scanner Facebook page declined to tell Newsweek how they obtained the video.

Newsweek reached out to the owner of the Subway location that the attempted robbery occurred and the corporate offices of Subway for further comment but did not hear back by press time.

visit this link https://www.newsweek.com/ .. -viral-1627947
+7   

best
worst
63 comments

2 weeks ago '07        #2
Damagegadget  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 56859 56 K  Slaps total: 7122 7 K
this ninja got pistol by his own gun by a girl working at subway
+71   

2 weeks ago '05        #3
4Chun500 
Props total: 4804 4 K  Slaps total: 545 545

Shorty a G.
fu*k Subway, & their yoga mat bread, Fake a*s Tuna, & Pedophile food
+44   

2 weeks ago '18        #4
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 43506 43 K  Slaps total: 3742 3 K
Shoulda clapped his bi*ch a*s
+22   

2 weeks ago '19        #5
Thisizdray 
Props total: 1742 1 K  Slaps total: 280 280
He robbing the store and trying to steal her purse???? This robber is 100% surely a crackhead
+22   

2 weeks ago '18        #6
ChrisPartlowFro 
Props total: 31254 31 K  Slaps total: 3497 3 K
 Thisizdray said
He robbing the store and trying to steal her purse???? This robber is 100% surely a crackhead
In Rockford? Yea buddy either a crackhead or methhead.
+6   

2 weeks ago '16        #7
seatownslayer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 3270 3 K  Slaps total: 908 908
What a savage.. she said i knew I had more weight on him and put it on em.. hahah she a real one for sure.. definitely not hitting that tho.... ur she can protect the crack house for sure
+10   

2 weeks ago '17        #8
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 83868 83 K  Slaps total: 24692 24 K
Trust me I know exact how it is. I got terminated for putting my guard up. They said it was cuz I threw my hat off

I guess subway feels they are in a predicament and may want their location to feel family friendly and safe. Now with that footage leaked, it can scare away customers in a world where every dollar counts.

Sometimes jobs want u to be a victim in secret than a hero to the public. If that man shot at her and she grabbed the gun an k*lled him, she woulda been terminated
+6   

2 weeks ago '16        #9
ImChillin2Hard 
Props total: 9724 9 K  Slaps total: 694 694
She’ll be alright. Subway don’t want any negative press right now. The franchise owner will be held accountable. She shouldn’t have been there by herself in the first place.
+10   

2 weeks ago '10        #10
eashawty 
Props total: 14812 14 K  Slaps total: 588 588
This remind me of this dude in my neighborhood that offed a n*gga while he was workin at subway, homicide justified but he got fired

+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #11
Duntaz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 47017 47 K  Slaps total: 2950 2 K
The customers always right
+5   

2 weeks ago '14        #12
BasedSoul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 9674 9 K  Slaps total: 529 529
fu*k a subway
+3   

2 weeks ago '11        #13
tfc1193 
Props total: 5847 5 K  Slaps total: 1371 1 K
Suspension? nah I quit fam it's all good
+6   

2 weeks ago '11        #14
JGunnaWP 
Props total: 3503 3 K  Slaps total: 952 952
I was thinking why she risked her life..
If the n*gga ask for my sh*t too I’m doing the same thing idgaf n*gga greedy and dumb as fu*k
+1   

2 weeks ago '21        #15
nocomment  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5249 5 K  Slaps total: 977 977
 Damagegadget said
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #16
BlackjesuS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8481 8 K  Slaps total: 1854 1 K
 ImChillin2Hard said
She’ll be alright. Subway don’t want any negative press right now. The franchise owner will be held accountable. She shouldn’t have been there by herself in the first place.

fu*k all the other comments.
+8   

2 weeks ago '05        #17
Truth33  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3660 3 K  Slaps total: 2144 2 K
Misleading. She’s suspended because she put the security footage online.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #18
7twelve 
Props total: 37119 37 K  Slaps total: 8295 8 K
 Damagegadget said
what that mean? what if she worked for Accenture?

the only thing messed up is her being suspended from work

Truth33 said
Misleading. She’s suspended because she put the security footage online.
said she didnt. the site who uplaoded it wont say how they got it tho.

Last edited by 7twelve; 09-12-2021 at 12:02 PM..
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #19
ChrisPartlowFro 
Props total: 31254 31 K  Slaps total: 3497 3 K
 PackerTrelli3 said
Trust me I know exact how it is. I got terminated for putting my guard up. They said it was cuz I threw my hat off

I guess subway feels they are in a predicament and may want their location to feel family friendly and safe. Now with that footage leaked, it can scare away customers in a world where every dollar counts.

Sometimes jobs want u to be a victim in secret than a hero to the public. If that man shot at her and she grabbed the gun an k*lled him, she woulda been terminated
n*gga we saw why you got fired

can’t be f*ghting broads at the job
+4   

2 weeks ago '05        #20
bx old head  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 42524 42 K  Slaps total: 3004 3 K
 Thisizdray said
Or Baggio
+6   

2 weeks ago '15        #21
Spawn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 72201 72 K  Slaps total: 6424 6 K
 PackerTrelli3 said

I'm laughing cause this some dumb sh*t to get fired over but I got fired once for giving my manager the thumbs up and dipping when he was crying cause I aint want to cover a shift, then the bi*ch n*gga said I gave him the finger.
+5   

2 weeks ago '14        #22
Gotti Pippen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 56067 56 K  Slaps total: 2262 2 K
sh*t would’ve never happened at Firehouse Subs. There’s like 90 motherfu*kers behind the counter
+8   

2 weeks ago '11        #23
darealvelle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19551 19 K  Slaps total: 875 875
Why the fu*k is she working alone anyway? She can easily sue Subway for this incident.
+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #24
Brickz862 
Props total: 110 110  Slaps total: 15 15
Girl had that Uno reverse card shirt on.....dude should've turned back around
+5   

2 weeks ago '11        #25
Ahhhsit 
Props total: 265 265  Slaps total: 25 25
 PackerTrelli3 said

That's part of it but it's mostly because they don't want to create a wild wild west in their stores.
If he would've flipped out and k*lled any and everybody especially customers in the store if there were any in there at the time subway would've been held responsible for their deaths.

It's a catch 22 because real people with heart not trying to be a victim but your sh*tty iphone or lil subway money ain't worth your life.

And a message to people out there trying to save the store's money or products from thieves. THE STORES HAVE INSURANCE! DON'T BE STUPID
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+32online now  14
Video inside OMI In a Hellcat INDICTED by FEDS for "Massive Internet Piracy Scheme" ..
285 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  11
Image(s) inside Apple Wallet is getting verifiable COVID-19 vaccination cards
68 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+20online now  9
Sep 22 - HermanCainAward, the fast growing Subreddit Catalogs Anti-Vaxxer COVI..
417 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  5
Who's lining up tonight for ps5 @ bestbuy?
246 comments
1 day ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy