Sep 11 - A Cop Killed Another Cop. A Woman Was Charged Instead.

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '08        #1
1914 page views
37 comments

cohs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 45204 45 K  Slaps total: 2558 2 K
Sep 11 - A Cop k*lled Another Cop. A Woman Was Charged Instead.

A woman experiencing a mental health crisis in Idaho is now facing up to 30 years in prison after a sheriff’s deputy arresting her was struck and k*lled—by another officer.

Jenna Holm, who’s now 35, was holding the tip of a machete under her chin and walking down a Bonneville County street when two sheriff deputies confronted her in May 2020. Moments after they managed to chase her, talk her down and tase her, one of the officers rushed over to take her into custody and was hit by the patrol vehicle of a colleague arriving on the scene. image

Despite being incapacitated at the time of the fatal accident, Holm was charged with involuntary manslaughter and aggravated a*sault in the officer’s death thanks to an obscure Idaho legal doctrine that allows prosecutors to pursue involuntary manslaughter charges if a death occurs while someone is committing a felony crime.

State prosecutors say Holm is ultimately responsible for the death of Deputy Wyatt Maser because she had threatened him multiple times with the machete she was holding and disobeyed his commands after he arrived on the scene, according to charging documents provided to VICE News.

“Holm’s unlawful conduct, the threat she created by wielding a machete in an aggressive manner, her perpetration of the unlawful act of aggravated a*sault toward Deputy Maser upon his exit of his patrol vehicle, therefore constitutes by statute, that Holm committed involuntary manslaughter when Deputy Maser was struck and k*lled while trying to detain Holm and make safe a situation Holm was actively creating,” a probable cause affidavit obtained by the Idaho State Journal says.

She’s facing a potential 10-year prison sentence for the manslaughter charge as well as another five years for the alleged a*sault. That charge, however, can be enhanced by up to 15 years because of her possession of a deadly weapon at the time of the incident.

But Sgt. Randy Flegel, the deputy who ultimately k*lled Maser, managed to avoid criminal charges because of another Idaho statute that says accidents resulting in death aren’t punishable by the law. And according to Holm’s public defender Jordan Crane, if the officer who k*lled his colleague can’t be charged, neither should his client.

“We’re not going to seek conceding that any of her conduct was lawful but that the death is more on the shoulders of someone else than her,” Crane said.

Holm also didn’t harm Maser or his partner with the machete during their encounter and was already on the ground after being tased before the officer approached, according to Holm’s other public defender, Rocky Wixom.

Crane also says prosecutors trying to blame the actions that led to Maser’s death to Holm doesn’t gel with Idaho’s own statute, which specifically says the death in question has to be the result of an act committed by someone also committing a related felony. According to the attorneys, that person needs to either be an accomplice or the one being charged.

“If I rob a bank and my partner is in the car waiting and a security guard comes and shoots me, in Idaho you can’t be liable for my death,” Crane said. “In some states you can, but in Idaho you can’t, because that security guard wasn't acting, wasn't perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate the robbery that you and I decided to commit.”

Last month, Crane and Wixom filed a motion to dismiss the manslaughter charge, which will be argued this week.

In June, the findings of an internal department investigation into Maser’s death appeared to bolster Crane and Wixom’s argument that the fatal accident was Holm’s fault. The findings, which were published in judicial court records, showed several other factors, including the officers’ failure to put on emergency patrol car lights, and Maser stepping into the roadway as Flegel pulled up, played a role in the tragic accident. The investigation even recommended that the sheriff’s department create and implement a roadside safety training program specifically for new recruits, according to East Idaho News.

A chief deputy prosecuting attorney for the Bonneville County Attorney’s Office told VICE News that due to ethical obligations, it could not provide comment on the case.

The trial for Holm is set to begin on Feb. 14.

visit this link https://www.vice.com/en/a .. harged-instead

Last edited by cohs; 09-11-2021 at 02:57 PM..
+7   

best
worst
37 comments

2 weeks ago '08        #2
cohs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
Props total: 45204 45 K  Slaps total: 2558 2 K
Had that mf eatin donuts for real
+39   

2 weeks ago '04        #3
ATLDOPEBOI24 
Props total: 20060 20 K  Slaps total: 2753 2 K
They know how to escape punishment boy I tell you
+41   

2 weeks ago '21        #4
LuxG2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17437 17 K  Slaps total: 3306 3 K
That’s crazy
+7   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '16        #5
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 92019 92 K  Slaps total: 10128 10 K
She lookin like you got some nerve gary lol
+25   

2 weeks ago '12        #6
halochicken  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4988 4 K  Slaps total: 618 618
any lawyers in here? I have questions
what felony was she commiting?
and the article says she is mental
wouldn't you only be found guilty if you know what you're doing?

looks like in idaho you can conceal carry a gun without a permit. Walking with a machete is a felony?
+11   

2 weeks ago '10        #7
sho 2010  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 52664 52 K  Slaps total: 22595 22 K
Things like this only happen to unvaccinated individuals who haven’t accepted fauci as their personal lord and savior.

CDC 1:2 And Fauci will say Depart from me; if thou isn’t cured.

2 weeks ago '21        #8
nocomment  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5248 5 K  Slaps total: 977 977
 cohs said
+7   

2 weeks ago '16        #9
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 80151 80 K  Slaps total: 10901 10 K
 cohs said
You crazy for this one!

+8   

2 weeks ago '15        #10
Kdub31 
Props total: 20993 20 K  Slaps total: 2048 2 K
 cohs said

+16   

2 weeks ago '09        #11
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x71
Props total: 237293 237 K  Slaps total: 26594 26 K
 Boogersugar said
You crazy for this one!

@ probably making arrangements to visit the k*ller cop for a "fund raiser"
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #12
7twelve 
Props total: 37119 37 K  Slaps total: 8295 8 K
 ATLDOPEBOI24 said
They know how to escape punishment boy I tell you
im telling you. lets charge the person who was tased up with the murder or the careless cop. even if this story gets big on media and they drop charges on ol girl, they wont charge the k*ller cop i bet

im aware of that law being used on a non cop as my boy was on the porch of a house, rang the doorbell. the guys girl came outside to talk to him and my boy wasnt tryna hear it. the bf shot thru the door and tryna shoot my boy, his dumb a*s k*lled his gf cuz u obviously cant see what youre shooting thru a door.

my man got charged with murder cuz the cops said if he didnt go to the house then the girl would be alive. even though her bf k*lled her. rediculous

Last edited by 7twelve; 09-11-2021 at 04:27 PM..
+6   

2 weeks ago '04        #13
qutaboi225  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 47423 47 K  Slaps total: 5842 5 K

:somenervegary:
+29   

2 weeks ago '11        #14
Silencer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25864 25 K  Slaps total: 1104 1 K
 cohs said

+9   

2 weeks ago '05        #15
jaedot 
Props total: 17962 17 K  Slaps total: 1032 1 K
 kuul said
+3   

2 weeks ago '21        #16
Real Maverick 
Props total: 1258 1 K  Slaps total: 203 203
 cohs said
Bars.
+2   

2 weeks ago '21        #17
Real Maverick 
Props total: 1258 1 K  Slaps total: 203 203
 Kdub31 said

Jesus christ has jay written anything that someone else hasn't already said
+7   

2 weeks ago '11        #18
RileyEsco 
Props total: 60517 60 K  Slaps total: 455 455
 cohs said

+12   

2 weeks ago '15        #19
Kdub31 
Props total: 20993 20 K  Slaps total: 2048 2 K
 Real Maverick said
Jesus christ has jay written anything that someone else hasn't already said

Bruh I’m dead
+4   

2 weeks ago '14        #20
Mailman504 
Props total: 2925 2 K  Slaps total: 136 136
 7twelve said
im telling you. lets charge the person who was tased up with the murder or the careless cop. even if this story gets big on media and they drop charges on ol girl, they wont charge the k*ller cop i bet

im aware of that law being used on a non cop as my boy was on the porch of a house, rang the doorbell. the guys girl came outside to talk to him and my boy wasnt tryna hear it. the bf shot thru the door and tryna shoot my boy, his dumb a*s k*lled his gf cuz u obviously cant see what youre shooting thru a door.

my man got charged with murder cuz the cops said if he didnt go to the house then the girl would be alive. even though her bf k*lled her. rediculous
Hope he had a good lawyer.
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #21
TheLuminousOne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 43133 43 K  Slaps total: 2326 2 K
Yo that’s fu*ked up.
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #22
Hadal Zone 
Props total: 35451 35 K  Slaps total: 1303 1 K
 kuul said
+3   

2 weeks ago '11        #23
SainT sig  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 9828 9 K  Slaps total: 1702 1 K
Lol what?!

You take a oath, you put a hand on the Bible. You know the dangers of being a cop, literally putting your life on the line everyday is your job. He signed up for this & when the ultimate price is due someone else has to pay?

If she has a decent lawyer I highly doubt this stands. Can’t blame someone with mental illness for another persons mistake.
+6   

2 weeks ago '07        #24
Damagegadget  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 56859 56 K  Slaps total: 7122 7 K
 halochicken said
any lawyers in here? I have questions
what felony was she commiting?
and the article says she is mental
wouldn't you only be found guilty if you know what you're doing?

looks like in idaho you can conceal carry a gun without a permit. Walking with a machete is a felony?
This is the biggest line of questioning

Cops will charge.. anything.. and more often the courts don’t want to deal with the bs the send to them and dismiss it

Courts get paid either way

2 weeks ago '04        #25
7twelve 
Props total: 37119 37 K  Slaps total: 8295 8 K
 Mailman504 said
Hope he had a good lawyer.
super white anti black area. he got got even after they found detective hid evidence. did 3 years, got it overturned and they moved him from prison to jail now where he has to wait for case to be retried. bogus
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  13
Image(s) inside Apple Wallet is getting verifiable COVID-19 vaccination cards
68 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+32online now  10
Video inside OMI In a Hellcat INDICTED by FEDS for "Massive Internet Piracy Scheme" ..
285 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+20online now  4
Sep 22 - HermanCainAward, the fast growing Subreddit Catalogs Anti-Vaxxer COVI..
416 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+79online now  3
How to stretch a 8th for a week
151 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy