Dear Idiots Upset By A Black Woman In God Of War Ragnarok

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
7 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 weeks ago '21        #1
2624 page views
62 comments

Starfield  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1431 1 K  Slaps total: 118 118
Dear Idiots Upset By A Black Woman In God Of War Ragnarok

Dear Idiots Upset By A Black Woman In God Of War Ragnarok: Angrboda Could Be Its Most Interesting Character
By Stacy Henley

Angrboda is going to change Kratos and Atreus' dynamic for the better

Humanity began hundreds of thousands of years ago in what we now call Africa before spreading out to different parts of the world, adapting to new environments with changes to our skin tone, eye shape, and genetic build, as well as some less evolutionarily useful changes like hair colour and freckles. This is common knowledge, so why do some of you act like Black people are a fu*king psyop put here on Earth in the last decade with the single-minded goal of pushing the woke agenda? God of War Ragnarok was officially unveiled at the PlayStation Showcase last night, and the gameplay footage contained a lot of interesting features like improved combat, new modes of exploration, Thor, and a cool piece of Loki symbolism that saw Atreus carrying deer horns on his head. It also included a Black woman, and so of course a certain corner of the internet wet the bed almost immediately. You know the ones I mean.

It's almost not worth giving them the energy. If the mere sight of a Black woman is enough to set them off, there really is no hope. Having seen both Forspoken and deathloop in the same showcase, and having only recently digested the 'newly woke, but actually always woke' Saints Row reboot too, this corner is as apoplectic as it is irrelevant. However, in their rage and their wit - they're calling it God of Woke! Whatever will they think of next, those hateful little scamps - they have highlighted an important issue. Angrboda, an appropriate name since she angers all these bodies, looks to be a fascinating character who will add some much-needed depth to Atreus' journey - not to mention the way she's designed is goddamn gorgeous.

In circles of the internet that are actually worth paying attention to, a lot of discussion is already swirling around Angrboda's hair. Black hair seems to be pretty difficult for games to get right. It may be because Black hair is thicker and has more texture, or it may be that most games still consist predominantly of white characters who have had sufficient time and money dedicated to their design, leaving just enough left in the bank to give Black people shaved heads, thin lines of cornrows, or a big round circle like a cartoon afro. Who can say?

This trend is improving - Miles Morales goes from a generic buzz cut to a textured fade between Spider-Man and Spider-Man: Miles Morales - but to see Angrboda's locs so well defined, so layered, thick, and real, so Black, is of huge significance. I've already seen Black cosplayers overjoyed that they can play this character while keeping their hair in locs and not get sh*t from the God of Woke crowd for having the audacity to be Black while not playing one of the other many, many, many Black women in games. Like, her... you know, from the thing? Or the woman who dies after two scenes in The Last of Us. See, there's loads of 'em.

It's not just because of Angrboda's hair that she's interesting, however. I know praising her locs makes me Wokey Henley or Stacey Wokely or Wokey Wokely of TheWoker - seriously guys, great material - but Angrboda could change God of War's dynamic significantly. Atreus learns of his own godhood late in the original game, and has clearly grown in Ragnarok, ready for new responsibilities and to delve further into his heritage. Angrboda is one of Loki's many (many, many) lovers in mythology, and providing Atreus with a love interest offers a significant and crucial change to his relationship with his father, especially if the three of them end up teaming up for some of the journey. This seems especially likely given that just like Laufey - Kratos’ late wife and mother to Atreus - Angrboda is a jotunn, or in layman’s terms, a giantess.

Of course, mythology will not be followed completely - Jörmungandr, the World Serpent we meet in the first game, is Angrboda and Loki's child, as are Fenrir and Hel. That means Jörmungandr is probably not their child in this version of the story, but the general plot - that Atreus and Angrboda will be lovers - is pretty obviously what that game is going to be about, at least in some way. We've seen Kratos as a father already, with this new, more world-weary version of the iconic character being what made the 2018 title so compelling. This is another major struggle for him to overcome as a dad - what will he do when his boy starts dating? Not only is Atreus now a teenager, and now aware of his power and position in the world - he's got a girlfriend too? Kratos has faced down all the horrors several different realms can throw at him, and this still feels like his worst nightmare. That might be the one, single thing that Kratos and the chuds have in common - Angrboda terrifies them.

visit this link https://www.thegamer.com/ .. i-black-woman/
Stacey Henley (721 Articles Published)
Stacey Henley is an editor for TheGamer, and can often be found journeying to the edge of the Earth, but only in video games. Find her on Twitter @FiveTacey
+7   

best
worst
62 comments

2 weeks ago '19        #2
aaf192020 
Props total: 44034 44 K  Slaps total: 4315 4 K

I'm not gonna poison this thread with controversy but some people are always looking to be upset about anything.
+20   

2 weeks ago '04        #3
Vince McMahon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 36575 36 K  Slaps total: 951 951
They're the same people who were mad that Idris Elba was Heimdall in Thor
+33   

2 weeks ago '20        #4
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24402 24 K  Slaps total: 6027 6 K
fu*king Xbots

2 weeks ago '20        #5
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x139
Props total: 78192 78 K  Slaps total: 16871 16 K
Whose upset? Lmao
+14   

2 weeks ago '14        #6
The Logical One  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x45
Props total: 175188 175 K  Slaps total: 43581 43 K
Yo why bring this bullsh*t here to generate traffic ? Like ain’t nobody anywhere mad about this unless you on Twitter or 4chan.

+19   

2 weeks ago '14        #7
The Logical One  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x45
Props total: 175188 175 K  Slaps total: 43581 43 K
 aaf192020 said

I'm not gonna poison this thread with controversy but some people are always looking to be upset about anything.
Aint nobody mad about this sh*t, unless n*ggas is looking for people to be mad about this.

Like we gotta enough fu*kery for this section to last months, ain’t nobody tryna get trolled about some sh*t that nobody has seen people get mad about. For a game that is nowhere near close to out.

The fu*k do we look like ? Them TLOU2 a**holes.

I know n*ggas be dumb on here, but sh*t man. Y’all gotta Know bullsh*t when y’all see it.

This is fu*kery.
+4   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '21        #8
pikadadon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 4682 4 K  Slaps total: 1918 1 K
Manufacture drama to get clicks
+6   

2 weeks ago '17        #9
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 76170 76 K  Slaps total: 26145 26 K
Man, just make sure the game hit.

Make everyone a shade of purple for all I fu*king care. It’s fu*king graphics B
+7   

2 weeks ago '19        #10
aaf192020 
 The Logical One said
Aint nobody mad about this sh*t, unless n*ggas is looking for people to be mad about this.

Like we gotta enough fu*kery for this section to last months, ain’t nobody tryna get trolled about some sh*t that nobody has seen people get mad about. For a game that is nowhere near close to out.

The fu*k do we look like ? Them TLOU2 a**holes.

I know n*ggas be dumb on here, but sh*t man. Y’all gotta Know bullsh*t when y’all see it.

This is fu*kery.
If you don't think people are mad about this then congratulations, you've avoided the annoying side of the internet. There are people just waiting to whine about shxt everywhere.
+8   

2 weeks ago '18        #11
Most Palone 
Props total: 20631 20 K  Slaps total: 1395 1 K
 5ive04our said
Whose upset? Lmao
Who you think?
+5   

2 weeks ago '16        #12
Scully  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 20896 20 K  Slaps total: 11357 11 K
You can literally find people mad about anything on the internet, if that’s what you’re looking for to prove a point
+5   

2 weeks ago '10        #13
Chiyosuke 
Props total: 13356 13 K  Slaps total: 717 717
These n*ggas cry about EVERYTHING!!! Sheesh.
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #14
SharpenUrSword 
Props total: 9689 9 K  Slaps total: 2744 2 K
real people just wanna play the game...which by the way looked really fu*king good

2 weeks ago '18        #15
set117  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 19663 19 K  Slaps total: 2366 2 K
 aaf192020 said
If you don't think people are mad about this then congratulations, you've avoided the annoying side of the internet. There are people just waiting to whine about shxt everywhere.
Same people that cry anytime a white person isn't the central character in a comic book movie.
+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #16
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 181043 181 K  Slaps total: 13066 13 K
A lot of white supremacists believe that vikings were pure and the master race. Many were mad when they found out that not all vikings were white with blonde hair.

+13   

2 weeks ago '16        #17
GLOIN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x54
Props total: 78071 78 K  Slaps total: 11000 11 K
Them cra
[spoiler - click to view]

can be mad all they want, they’ll be first in line to buy the game though. I just need this GOW to be as good if not better than the last one
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #18
aaf192020 
 set117 said
Same people that cry anytime a white person isn't the central character in a comic book movie.
You don't have to support the product.

2 weeks ago '14        #19
El Caballero  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 53040 53 K  Slaps total: 4056 4 K
 5ive04our said
Whose upset? Lmao
Right
This is a kind of article writing that i hate
The trailer just came out

The only people this could possibly be directed at are trolls in the chat

It's just dumb.. She's addressing nobody
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #20
The Utmost 
Props total: 3022 3 K  Slaps total: 347 347
kratos always been voiced by a black man or am i buggin? was they mad about that?
+3   

2 weeks ago '16        #21
Homer Pimpson 
Props total: 33912 33 K  Slaps total: 6989 6 K
Might have to fire up the first one and finish it on this Ps5

2 weeks ago '20        #22
Chozen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24536 24 K  Slaps total: 3987 3 K
Crazy that GOW came out in 2018...time fu*kin flies

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #23
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 84287 84 K  Slaps total: 24774 24 K
 The Utmost said
kratos always been voiced by a black man or am i buggin? was they mad about that?
Nah, cuz the voice actors couldn’t be seen. The main one I remember is him

But there’s whites who have that voice of kratos too. It’s like having tanned white guy play a different race that isn’t black
+2   

2 weeks ago '21        #24
Relthe0ry 
Props total: 749 749  Slaps total: 315 315
Probably those lame a*s white Neogaf incels.

Thoses dudes called the black girl from Forspoken a ugly gorilla; and made clown remarks about Sony making all their games for black female teens;

Hell, being black period is considered "woke" now.
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #25
Mperfection 
Props total: 11741 11 K  Slaps total: 1131 1 K
fu*k em and the sh*t they whining over. Not like they are going to change the character so either get over it or get fu*ked.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  32
Video inside BMF: Black Mafia Family - Season 1 | Discussion Thread (Starz)
154 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+17online now  25
Sep 24 - Japanese yakuza boss Satoru Nomura sentenced to death for ordering mu..
118 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  24
WHY PIZZAHUT IS TAKING Ls
161 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+32online now  12
Cot dammit mf marketing now I'm gonna watch BMF