Can we talk about Gran Turismo 7 vs Forza Horizon 5?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
10 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 weeks ago '04        #1
2186 page views
104 comments

Wawdy24 
Props total: 8675 8 K  Slaps total: 3807 3 K
Can we talk about Gran Turismo 7 vs Forza Horizon 5?

This is a controlled environment simulator vs an open world racer.

How does FH5 completely destroy GT7 visually? This is not even close.

Those trees look like copy and paste from a PS3 game. In car view is ugly as fu*k. Environments are bland as all hell.

Someone give me something.

I thought there was no differences in these 2 machines (power wise)? I thought visuals would be close? I thought Sony's 1st parties sh*t all over Microsofts when it comes to attention to detail?

How can a controlled environment (GT7) lose this badly in the visual department to an open world racer (FH5) that has destroyable environments, physics on all real world objects, and a full blown weather system?

A closed world Racing Sim on PS5 looking worse than an open world first person shooter during its reveal event back in Early 2020.
+10   

best
worst
104 comments

2 weeks ago '12        #2
Pleasure Boy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 31246 31 K  Slaps total: 7636 7 K
Its raining tears today
+5   

2 weeks ago '04        #3
Wawdy24  OP

+19   

2 weeks ago '17        #4
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 76172 76 K  Slaps total: 26145 26 K
Sure, can’t wait for both and FM8 as well.

You guys need to talk with the mirror about why you can’t afford a PS5 to go with your Xbox
+8   

2 weeks ago '09        #5
NcAlien 
Props total: 4671 4 K  Slaps total: 311 311
Wouldn't FM8 be a better comparison since it's more simulation racer like GT7
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #6
Wawdy24  OP
 NcAlien said
Wouldn't FM8 be a better comparison since it's more simulation racer like GT7
It would be... but why do we need that comparison when an Open World Racer destroys the SIM it is being compared to?

Open World requires a lot more horse power in your hardware to look good then a completely scripted area that is maybe 5km x 5km.

Don't let them fool you... this is bad for Team Sony in the PS5 vs XSX Hardware Comparison.
+4   

2 weeks ago '09        #7
Tom B. Stone 
Props total: 17938 17 K  Slaps total: 3007 3 K
Dude hasn’t slept since the Showcase. Scouring the conference in hopes of a single W for his precious XBox.

Cool man

You got one

If anyone wants to drive in circles or fly around really slow then Xbox is the console for you

If you want to play games of the generation, come to PlayStation

Nobody is even talking about GT. We on that Spider-Man, Wolverine and God of War tip right now.

At the end of the gen, I guarantee the Sony exclusives will be the best looking and highest rated games. Just like last gen. And the one before it. And before that.
+19   

2 weeks ago '16        #8
Quinn 
Props total: 7094 7 K  Slaps total: 1680 1 K
 Wawdy24 said
It would be... but why do we need that comparison when an Open World Racer destroys the SIM it is being compared to?

Open World requires a lot more horse power in your hardware to look good then a completely scripted area that is maybe 5km x 5km.

Don't let them fool you... this is bad for Team Sony in the PS5 vs XSX Hardware Comparison.
its probably isnt a horsepower issue, more of a lazy dev/publisher issue
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #9
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 182050 182 K  Slaps total: 10603 10 K
I like the environments in Forza better, and I like the car models in GT7 better(Specially the lighting on the vehicles in the night scenes they showed, that looked like the most 'next gen' part of what they've shown for GT7).

Overall Forza looks better from what we've seen of both, but in no way does that mean Forza is just blowing it out of the water to me. Both games look fire as hell, and both target diff audiences.

As far as which one I'd play tho Im not a huge fan of Sim Racers(Hell I don't like the Forza Motorsport series as much) but thats mainly because I suck at it. I'd rather hear from a Simulation racing game expert like Boostkiid/Moist Skidmark(I forget his Boxden name) (Dude is a monster at customizing vehicles and running up digital currency winning races an sh*t in SIM's) on his opinion of the new Forza Motorsport vs Gran Turismo 7 or w/e

@ whats this n*gga Boostkid/Moist Skidmark's BX Name now. I remember beating him on his bday in NCAA 14 back i nthe day and he cussed me out like crazy

Last edited by OldBusiness; 09-10-2021 at 12:24 PM..
+5   

2 weeks ago '05        #10
kriskross00  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 105252 105 K  Slaps total: 11582 11 K
ReNt fRee
+7   

2 weeks ago '05        #11
P-Hill 
Props total: 32156 32 K  Slaps total: 2119 2 K
 Quinn said
its probably isnt a horsepower issue, more of a lazy dev/publisher issue
which would be odd... Polyphony Digital usually goes all out on this sh*t

2 weeks ago '05        #12
P-Hill 
 OldBusiness said
I like the environments in Forza better, and I like the car models in GT7 better(Specially the lighting on the vehicles in the night scenes they showed, that looked like the most 'next gen' part of what they've shown for GT7).

Overall Forza looks better from what we've seen of both, but in no way does that mean Forza is just blowing it out of the water to me. Both games look fire as hell, and both target diff audiences.

As far as which one I'd play tho Im not a huge fan of Sim Racers(Hell I don't like the Forza Motorsport series as much) but thats mainly because I suck at it. I'd rather hear from a Simulation racing game expert like Boostkiid/Moist Skidmark(I forget his Boxden name) (Dude is a monster at customizing vehicles and running up digital currency winning races an sh*t in SIM's) on his opinion of the new Forza Motorsport vs Gran Turismo 7 or w/e
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #13
Wawdy24  OP
 OldBusiness said

@ whats this n*gga Boostkid/Moist Skidmark's BX Name now. I remember beating him on his bday in NCAA 14 back i nthe day and he cussed me out like crazy
This is the reason I can conversation with certain people on here.

Great points.

If you look at most of the replies in here, you can tell what type of gamers they are.

100% agree with 2 different audiences. Could do Forza 7 vs GT7 but that's a little too unfair being built strictly for last gen compared to cross gen.

2 weeks ago '12        #14
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 182050 182 K  Slaps total: 10603 10 K
 Wawdy24 said
This is the reason I can conversation with certain people on here.

Great points.

If you look at most of the replies in here, you can tell what type of gamers they are.

100% agree with 2 different audiences. Could do Forza 7 vs GT7 but that's a little too unfair being built strictly for last gen compared to cross gen.
Yep yep. I personally prefer Forza Horizon to all 3 of the new 3 'big racers BUT my fave racer is the multiplayer portion of Burnout Revenge on the OG Xbox 360 ) .

I think overall out of everything we've seen Forza Horizon is the best looking racer out of the bunch. But Forza Motorsport is pretty early so we don't know what'll happen with that.

Gran Turismo DID look a good bit better than that hype reel last year tho
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #15
Wawdy24  OP
 OldBusiness said
Yep yep. I personally prefer Forza Horizon to all 3 of the new 3 'big racers BUT my fave racer is the multiplayer portion of Burnout Revenge on the OG Xbox 360 ) .

I think overall out of everything we've seen Forza Horizon is the best looking racer out of the bunch. But Forza Motorsport is pretty early so we don't know what'll happen with that.

Gran Turismo DID look a good bit better than that hype reel last year tho
Tough to tell without a direct feed video (4k). I did see a lot of "pixelation" on edges in this GT7 video though (and that has nothing to do with the streamed video I dont believe). It looks like it needs a lot of polish (which I do think will happen).

Just throwing some shade at the July 2020 Halo haters for fun.

2 weeks ago '17        #16

Imagine saying this needs polish.

All this needs is VR capabilities
+9   

2 weeks ago '12        #17
halochicken  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5009 5 K  Slaps total: 619 619
 Wawdy24 said

This is a controlled environment simulator vs an open world racer.

How does FH5 completely destroy GT7 visually? This is not even close.

Those trees look like copy and paste from a PS3 game. In car view is ugly as fu*k. Environments are bland as all hell.

Someone give me something.

I thought there was no differences in these 2 machines (power wise)? I thought visuals would be close? I thought Sony's 1st parties sh*t all over Microsofts when it comes to attention to detail?

How can a controlled environment (GT7) lose this badly in the visual department to an open world racer (FH5) that has destroyable environments, physics on all real world objects, and a full blown weather system?

A closed world Racing Sim on PS5 looking worse than an open world first person shooter during its reveal event back in Early 2020.
come on bro usually I respect your sh*t because it be actual arguments but now you on that sony time comparing two uncomparable games. Let's cut the bullsh*t out and act like respectable xbots leave the dumb a*s comparisons and fantasy sh*t for the other team. compare gran turismo to forza motor sport
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #18
 halochicken said
come on bro usually I respect your sh*t because it be actual arguments but now you on that sony time comparing two uncomparable games. Let's cut the bullsh*t out and act like respectable xbots leave the dumb a*s comparisons and fantasy sh*t for the other team. compare gran turismo to forza motor sport
No need to compare these games at all tbh. They’re both great racing games every racing game fan gonna play like crazy
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #19
thechef 
Props total: 5337 5 K  Slaps total: 111 111
Both good games, but gran turismo for me. One of my fav franchises.
+1   

2 weeks ago '13        #20
King X Riece 
Props total: 14597 14 K  Slaps total: 1655 1 K
Y'all don't keep the same energy when Sony shows a game that's lacking visually.
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #21
P-Hill 
 OldBusiness said

@
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #22
Faythung 
Props total: 23067 23 K  Slaps total: 2060 2 K
 OldBusiness said
I remember beating him on his bday in NCAA 14 back i nthe day and he cussed me out like crazy

2 weeks ago '05        #23
P-Hill 
 halochicken said
That's still an L being handed out by Turn10

But i'll be on both GT7 and FM8
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #24
halochicken  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5009 5 K  Slaps total: 619 619
 Wawdy24 said

an "open world racer" is naturally going to look better than a simulator. A simulator is on tracks that have been the same looking for years. no landscape at all for camera's and the audience.

"open world" racer they can put it in all sorts of locations with great scenery thats litterally like the first thing they announce with horizon. "this year in horizon we are at the lovely location of ______" not to mention all that extra bs they put on the screen will always make it look better compared to a plain track that was landscaped for a viewers pleasure of the sport not landscape to look at.

the cars do look sort of a*s for gran turismo but completly a*s to try to compare it to horizon.

2 weeks ago '04        #25
Liquid-Science 
Props total: 2666 2 K  Slaps total: 534 534
The dashboards and environments are lacking in what they showed in GT7 and they've been working on it a long a*s time

Maybe since they've been working on it so long they're stuck developing on an older engine

Forza Horizon 5 looks alive...GT7 looks dead
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  34
Sep 24 - Japanese yakuza boss Satoru Nomura sentenced to death for ordering mu..
118 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  17
WHY PIZZAHUT IS TAKING Ls
162 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  12
Video inside BMF: Black Mafia Family - Season 1 | Discussion Thread (Starz)
158 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+50online now  8
kuzma says nfl player/analysts are superior to the nba guys and also more ..
74 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy