Sep 10 - Arizona Police Buy Two Hemi Challengers For ‘Aggressive’ Pursuit Duties

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '11        #1
1344 page views
47 comments

Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x38
Props total: 161423 161 K  Slaps total: 22524 22 K
Sep 10 - Arizona Police Buy Two Hemi Challengers For ‘Aggressive’ Pursuit Duties

Prescott Valley Police used a $130,000 state grant for the purchase, and some locals aren’t happy.

When it comes to marked police cars on American roads, drivers usually know what to expect—Ford Explorers, Chevrolet Tahoes, and the like. The mere sight of one can cause highway speeders to slam on their brakes, squatters to move out of the passing lane, and distracted drivers to pay a little more attention to the road.

Unusual and unmarked cruisers, however, are looked upon with an angrier eye by the general public. When an Arizona police department announced that it had spent money from a state grant on two Dodge Challengers with Hemi V8 engines, some locals were clearly peeved.

Recently, the Prescott Valley Police Department announced on Facebook that it was awarded a $130,000 grant by the Arizona Governor's Office of Highway Safety. Money awarded from the grant was used to purchase two 2021 Dodge Challenger R/Ts, which will be used by officers in the department's traffic unit for daily enforcement and collision response. The vehicles will also be used for "special details" like speed enforcement, bicycle safety, pedestrian safety, and impaired driving enforcement.

Immediately, people began commenting on the Facebook post, condemning the purchase price of the vehicles and expressing their frustration with how state money was being used.

While it's not uncommon for police departments to use two-door vehicles like these Challengers for traffic enforcement, it often brings about mixed reactions.

For example, in June we told you about the "Ghost Camaros" in Harris County, Texas, which sport barely visible decals to sneakily patrol the highways. Before that, in 2016 the local Department of Public Safety in Phoenix purchased bright-colored muscle cars including a Ford Mustang GT and Dodge Challenger to deter aggressive driving on the highway. And before all that, Ford even offered SSP-packaged Mustangs which were sold until 1993.

Videos on social platforms like TikTok show just how easily these vehicles can be disguised, and the Facebook comments reflect the same general split—many upset over the vehicles' use, and others defending it as a useful technique.

It's not clear how much the two cars cost, and it's possible that some of the grant money remains available for spending; after all, the 2021 Dodge Challenger R/T starts around $37,260 including destination charges. This particular nameplate isn't included in Stellantis' suite of law enforcement fleet vehicles like variants of the Charger, Durango, or Ram 1500, but that hasn't stopped departments from buying atypical cars to use as cruisers before.

For comparison, a brand new 2021 Ford Police Interceptor Utility runs around $40,000. In its literature for Special Service Vehicles, Ford says a $150,000 cash purchase will buy around four of its interceptors. Again, it's unclear just how much of the $130,000 was used to buy these Challengers.

The biggest unknown is if this state-funded investment will indeed make Prescott Valley safer. The police department has apparently seen a huge uptick in citations related to speeding, saying there's been a 290 percent rise in tickets handed out for the offense since 2019.

visit this link https://www.thedrive.com/ .. pursuit-duties
+2   

best
worst
47 comments

2 weeks ago '19        #2
Big Gurthy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 21400 21 K  Slaps total: 2169 2 K
I remember the undercovers pulled me over in a Volvo. Another time they got me in a Pontiac Grand Prix
+16   

2 weeks ago '21        #3
Fras 
Props total: 3703 3 K  Slaps total: 3536 3 K
This is nothin. The town I work in, they bought one of these ok? The Police Chief decked this fu*kin car out. I'm talkin wheels, tires, possibly lowered it. Didn't put any decals on it, and made it the "undercover cop car." Which he probably used as his daily driver.

Anything or anyone that receives tax dollars as funding usually ends up wasting lots of money.
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #4
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 87006 87 K  Slaps total: 13111 13 K
These mfs want to play real life need for speed
+21   

2 weeks ago '11        #5
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x38 OP
 Skateboard T said
These mfs want to play real life need for speed
I had a tinted out undercover Jeep Compass attempt to pull me over by flashing a badge out the window with two dudes wearing state police shirts I laughed and sped off
+12   

2 weeks ago '06        #6
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 87006 87 K  Slaps total: 13111 13 K
 Sin said
I had a tinted out undercover Jeep Compass attempt to pull me over by flashing a badge out the window with two dudes wearing state police shirts I laughed and sped off

sounds like some trainees who are already letting the power go to their head before they even have any. fu*kin losers
+5   

2 weeks ago '11        #7
 Skateboard T said

sounds like some trainees who are already letting the power go to their head before they even have any. fu*kin losers
I knew they had no power when they brake checked me and tried to block me from passing

a cop with power would let me pass and followed
+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #8
Lazy 
Props total: 26036 26 K  Slaps total: 3366 3 K
Broke police

Couldn’t even afford a Hellcat, Demon, or Super Stock
+11   

2 weeks ago '11        #9
 Big Gurthy said
I remember the undercovers pulled me over in a Volvo. Another time they got me in a Pontiac Grand Prix
How did you know they were real cops?
+1   

2 weeks ago '21        #10
Keithf87 
Props total: 11341 11 K  Slaps total: 661 661
 Big Gurthy said
That's why I'm always looking.

I hate when people be like "man thats a such and such thats no cop". I seen a Rav-4 in SC.

There is a trooper on the east that has a white Suburban with big G for Georgia Bulldogs, saw the sticker and sped right by him....SMH. His Oakley gave him away.
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #11
zackattack  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 26111 26 K  Slaps total: 2153 2 K
A few departments around the country are starting to do this to keep up with all these people riding Scatpacks and Hellcats. If you go on Youtube there are atleast 100 clips of people taking off on the cops in one of those cars. In addition to that, sideshows been going crazy. People blocking off entire streets, street racing making a comeback. The cops have to do something but I'm not sure a couple of RT Challengers is it.
+6   

2 weeks ago '19        #12
Big Gurthy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 21400 21 K  Slaps total: 2169 2 K
 Sin said
How did you know they were real cops?
If u faking u not gonna have lights in the grill, in the visors, etc

And the atf vests
+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #13
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x57
Props total: 88396 88 K  Slaps total: 10324 10 K
too bad they won't spend money f*ghting the flourishing human trafficking problem that depends on the laziness and complacency of local law enforcement
+3   

2 weeks ago '20        #14
Bateman 
Props total: 17326 17 K  Slaps total: 1525 1 K
These cops bout to k*ll themselves

These cars have zero handling
+8   

2 weeks ago '10        #15
eashawty 
Props total: 14812 14 K  Slaps total: 588 588
 Bateman said
These cops bout to k*ll themselves

These cars have zero handling
Dog driving a hellcat in the rain is the worst
+6   

2 weeks ago '21        #16
LuxG2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17437 17 K  Slaps total: 3306 3 K
They could actually spend them money on improving the environments in the problem areas, Detroit had this problem & the solution isnt buY faster cars to chase them

Like dude said above WTF is this need for speed

Last edited by LuxG2; 09-10-2021 at 11:18 AM..
+8   

2 weeks ago '11        #17
 zackattack said
A few departments around the country are starting to do this to keep up with all these people riding Scatpacks and Hellcats. If you go on Youtube there are atleast 100 clips of people taking off on the cops in one of those cars. In addition to that, sideshows been going crazy. People blocking off entire streets, street racing making a comeback. The cops have to do something but I'm not sure a couple of RT Challengers is it.
In my area I’ve seen Cops turn off the lights after a Honda blew a couple red lights

Speed doesn’t matter in dense cities

2 weeks ago '16        #18
Blunted Sultan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 39510 39 K  Slaps total: 4612 4 K
Wanna play Driver in real life?

2 weeks ago '15        #19
TrillTalk520  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39104 39 K  Slaps total: 2638 2 K
Wtf small a*s Prescott? Lmao stupid bi*ches..i hope they crash them bi*ches in the woods ona ice road smh
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #20
Stupendamatic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 19696 19 K  Slaps total: 1815 1 K
The state gave them a grant for a highway safety.

It’s not like this was extra money the township got and decided to give to the PD.

2 weeks ago '15        #21
 Stupendamatic said
The state gave them a grant for a highway safety.

It’s not like this was extra money the township got and decided to give to the PD.
Doesnt matter

They aint doin sh*t bt OD'n offa pills n heroin out there dog. Those muhfu*kas aint runnin from police like that
+2   

2 weeks ago '09        #22
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x71
Props total: 237293 237 K  Slaps total: 26594 26 K
 TrillTalk520 said
Wtf small a*s Prescott? Lmao stupid bi*ches..i hope they crash them bi*ches in the woods ona ice road smh

Prescott reached it's highest population of 46,331 in 2021. Spanning over 45 miles, Prescott has a population density of 1,031 people per square mile.

the cops dont need them vehicles for a 45 square mile town
+6   

2 weeks ago '12        #23
iamsweets 
Props total: 10710 10 K  Slaps total: 838 838
Prescot Valley? That's in the fu*king sticks and its a retirement community. Was just there a few weeks ago. They don't need this sh*t lol
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #24
Stupendamatic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 19696 19 K  Slaps total: 1815 1 K
 TrillTalk520 said
Doesnt matter

They aint doin sh*t bt OD'n offa pills n heroin out there dog. Those muhfu*kas aint runnin from police like that
Then they should complain to the Governor, not the department or township.

2 weeks ago '15        #25
Shout out to Ruger tho..i want to check out the factory next trip out there to the snow

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  15
Image(s) inside Apple Wallet is getting verifiable COVID-19 vaccination cards
68 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+25online now  5
Video inside This Teacher Out Here Tryna Catch A Case With One Of Her Students!
90 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+32online now  4
Video inside OMI In a Hellcat INDICTED by FEDS for "Massive Internet Piracy Scheme" ..
285 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  3
Who's lining up tonight for ps5 @ bestbuy?
246 comments
1 day ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy