Wwe wrestlers wouldve dominated ufc in their primes

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+26  108
69 comments @news

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '15        #51
Mtyjoejnblkblnd 
space
space
Props total: 38457 38 K  Slaps total: 4886 4 K
Some of ya'll really acting like pro wrestlers aren't legitimately great athletes.
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #52
blackthorn 
space
space
space
Props total: 1124 1 K  Slaps total: 161 161
 thegod said
They do say (real) wrestling is the best based. Most wrestlers also have trash hands. In this era they'd get mopped if they relied too much on wrestling, hence why Brock had a short run. His striking was trash. Understandable though b/c he had a late a*s start and obviously didnt have time to become elite in the striking dept, although I think he still could have been a little better in that department if he didnt rely on being a freak athlete and an elite wrestler.

But if they were in the game in the day of Matt Hughes and Randy Couture, yeah, most of the guys on the list could have probably had a nice run just by being freak athletes and elite wrestlers.

Brock actually became HW champ, so not sure if he quite belongs on this list lol.
A big part of it was having to recover from diverticulitis twice.

2 weeks ago '17        #53
PackerTrelli3 
space
space
Props total: 21820 21 K  Slaps total: 8191 8 K
Kurt yes, very technical but maybe not as dangerous as Ken shamrock, but he could have been k*llin n*ggas with submissions

Brock of course, especially at 25. Just off power alone....

Lashley maybe. He didn’t show any REAL dominance, besides size, and he was very soft like a gentle giant. Plus I don’t remember him having speed... So idk

I wonder how the rock OUT of his prime would do lol once he quit the wwe, he became a straight monster. While others just let themselves go or just maintain

2 weeks ago '14        #54
wuzgooch 
space
space
Props total: 3669 3 K  Slaps total: 179 179
 Drewsmit said
Cap
lol this is overeem on roids, plus brock just came back from divertuc*itis surgery. hence why brock basically dies after taking a body kick.

2 weeks ago '04        #55
bigchiefsugar 
space
space
Props total: 74 74  Slaps total: 6 6
Jobber King Heath Slater was legit golden gloves champ, he probably would have done alright. Think also Baron Corbin was one also.

But sh*t go old school and MFs like Haku might have been a real problem. Dr death Steve Williams was 4 year all American that beat Dan Severn. Maybe Harley Race might have done ok.

Go way way back, Danny Hodge was a beast. Legendary stories of him crushing apples and pliers and sh*t with one hand. But he was legit.

Hodge wasn't just unbeaten in his college career—he never even gave up a single point his entire senior year and was never taken down. There's a reason college wrestling's version of the Heisman Trophy is named after Hodge.

Mastering wrestling wasn't enough for the Oklahoma native—Hodge entered and won the U.S. Golden Gloves competition despite having no formal boxing training
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #56
BrokenSafety 
space
space
Props total: 4269 4 K  Slaps total: 532 532
 144000 said
Okay. Could be right, then.

I thought he was arguing based on their builds.

I don't see wrestling trumping kickboxing or jiu jitsu, but who knows, if they'd trained differently.
Damn near every champ in the ufc right now is a wrestler

Cejudo
Khabib
Usman
Jon jones

Non wrestlers are
Stripe
Israel
Volk

And only reason stipe is heavyweight champ right now and not dc is because dc decided not to wrestle and just stand and bang with stipe
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #57
GREAT1NE 
space
space
Props total: 4333 4 K  Slaps total: 564 564
Kurt Angle absolutely

2 weeks ago '06        #58
realgunta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 78297 78 K  Slaps total: 4144 4 K
 all3rd said
I wondered about Steve Blackman and maybe if he was born a decade later Earnest ^the cat^ Miller?
"He returned to WWE for a single night on the Raw 15th Anniversary Special on December 10, 2007, taking part in a battle royal. He was eliminated by Flash Funk. So, whatever happened to Steve Blackman? Blackman is married and has a daughter and works as a bail bondsman in the central Pennsylvania area."

2 weeks ago '15        #59
abcxyz 
space
space
Props total: 2347 2 K  Slaps total: 732 732
 blackthorn said
And every person in the OP has an elite wrestling background. What are you arguing? lol and Judo? Who in MMA has an elite Judo basis for their background outside of Ronda Rousey? Stun Gun?
Fedor Emelianenko. Arguably top 3 greatest ever.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #60
FireBeats  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 40244 40 K  Slaps total: 9247 9 K
 144000 said
I doubt MMA has any answer for the People's Elbow
+1   

2 weeks ago '08        #61
bigshock 
space
space
Props total: 858 858  Slaps total: 66 66
Who is that black dude with Brock in the first post? I can't remember his name, I just remember he called himself the gold standard.

2 weeks ago '07        #62
ptwist 
space
space
Props total: 14841 14 K  Slaps total: 1412 1 K
 Sandyy said
Theyd get cm punkd if we being honest
To be fair, there's more of a grey area with UFC/Sports Entertainers than there's ever been before. Jack Swagger went over to MMA and got a few dubs. But he was also a collegiate athlete.

Ronda and Cain learned how to pull their punches and get into the entertainment game.

Gotta respect both crafts because it takes a lot to switch and do the other.
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #63
blackthorn 
space
space
space
Props total: 1124 1 K  Slaps total: 161 161
 abcxyz said
Fedor Emelianenko. Arguably top 3 greatest ever.
Fedor's base was Sambo with Judo as a complement (Even though he had access to Judo first, it's a heavy component of Sambo). Fedor even champions Sambo as a base martial art.

Last edited by blackthorn; 03-26-2020 at 10:27 AM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #64
devilinsider 
space
space
space
Props total: 3439 3 K  Slaps total: 1303 1 K

2 weeks ago '14        #65
El Caballero 
space
space
Props total: 40417 40 K  Slaps total: 3193 3 K
Without a doubt there's plenty of dudes that would have been really good if they trained MMA from a young age

There's been so many top level wrestlers

2 weeks ago '11        #66
FLABBY HOLMES 
space
space
Props total: 9660 9 K  Slaps total: 5212 5 K
Kurt was no joke, he would easily been the LHW champ in his prime.
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds
ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  46
Video inside Drake Roasting Jada Fire on Joe buddens IG Live "She looks like she sti..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+19online now  30
Apr 5 - NBC News: Hillary Clinton ‘Covered Up’ Pedophile Ring At State Departm..
107 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+60online now  24
Video inside Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1990 full movie
46 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+72online now  17
Apr 5 - The worst president. Ever