Wwe wrestlers wouldve dominated ufc in their primes

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 weeks ago '16        #26
144000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 17497 17 K  Slaps total: 34772 34 K
 blackthorn said
lol seriously? That's the counter argument? They likely wouldn't be too muscular if they trained for an actual MMA f*ght.

The OP is right about a pretty much every one of the f*ghters he posted.

Kurt Angle: International Sports Hall of Famer. Grand Slam winner. Won a gold medal with a broken neck.

Bobby Lashley: NAIA Wrestling Champ.

Brock Lesnar: Did appear dominant in the HW division at the time.

Shelton Benjamin: Elite level Wrestler at Minnesota. Juco Natty in track and field and wrestling. Athletic enough to earn a D1 football scholarship to play football at North Carolina State.

Chad Gable: Pan American Champ. U.S. Olympic Trials Champ

Jason Jordan: Indiana Wrestling legend.

They'd fit right in with such strong wrestling platform. Even Matt Riddle lost more to weed than to anyone else lol.
Okay. Could be right, then.

I thought he was arguing based on their builds.

I don't see wrestling trumping kickboxing or jiu jitsu, but who knows, if they'd trained differently.

2 weeks ago '19        #27
blackthorn 
space
space
space
Props total: 1104 1 K  Slaps total: 161 161
 Drewsmit said
Cap
So he wasn't a UFC Heavyweight champ?

Your argument as to why Brock wouldn't been a great MMA f*ghter is focused on a f*ght after a recovery from a career-threatening disease and being repeatedly kicked in the area that was injured by a world class Kickboxer?

Last edited by blackthorn; 03-25-2020 at 08:50 PM..
+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #28
Sandyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 29050 29 K  Slaps total: 7266 7 K
 blackthorn said
CM Punk was a flabby pro wrestler that tried to start MMA at age 37 with no real prior training.

You mean to tell me that you think any of these elite level shoot wrestlers would be submitted in 2:14 secs... in their prime?
Yes. Unless they have an elite level judo/wrestling background they getting wrestle fu*ked even if they have standup skills

2 weeks ago '16        #29
NYNY 
space
space
Props total: 18626 18 K  Slaps total: 3191 3 K
A ufc f*ghter would have a wwe wrestler out cold in less than 10 seconds

2 weeks ago '11        #30
Slingy 
space
space
Props total: 7527 7 K  Slaps total: 1596 1 K
 144000 said
I doubt MMA has any answer for the People's Elbow
Stone Cold stunner outta no where
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #31
wildish  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x26 OP
space
space
space
Props total: 9305 9 K  Slaps total: 5218 5 K
 NYNY said
A ufc f*ghter would have a wwe wrestler out cold in less than 10 seconds
wwe is full if legit shoot ameture wrestlers.....henry cuedo chose ufc over wwe & became a ufc champion.....just imagine if the other shoot wrestlers did the same......

+5   

2 weeks ago '15        #32
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 18010 18 K  Slaps total: 1282 1 K
 144000 said
But if you're being serious from what I hear all that muscle really drains your stamina in actual f*ghts, for one thing
I feel they would have to finish their opponents fast. Muscle eats up oxygen. But if athletically explosive and powerful they could do damage I a*sume.
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #33
blackthorn 
space
space
space
 Sandyy said
Yes. Unless they have an elite level judo/wrestling background they getting wrestle fu*ked even if they have standup skills
And every person in the OP has an elite wrestling background. What are you arguing? lol and Judo? Who in MMA has an elite Judo basis for their background outside of Ronda Rousey? Stun Gun?

Last edited by blackthorn; 03-25-2020 at 08:48 PM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #34
blackthorn 
space
space
space
 144000 said
Okay. Could be right, then.

I thought he was arguing based on their builds.

I don't see wrestling trumping kickboxing or jiu jitsu, but who knows, if they'd trained differently.
So did I just imagine Chael Sonnen, Rampage Jackson, Matt Hughes, Georges St. Pierre, Jon Jones, Rashad Evans, Uriah Faber, Dan Henderson, Yoel Romero, Mark Coleman, Daniel Cormier, Johnny Hendricks, Kevin Randleman and Josh Koscheck?

Last edited by blackthorn; 03-25-2020 at 08:51 PM..
+3   

2 weeks ago '12        #35
SDC17 
space
space
Props total: 1336 1 K  Slaps total: 144 144
Brock had some success...Bobby Lashley who you posted is like 15-2 in 'MMA' - yeah, guys who were legit high level athletes with wrestling backgrounds, training for one different thing might've had a chance to dominate - that's not a stretch.
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #36
thetrapper 
space
space
space
Props total: 3360 3 K  Slaps total: 184 184
 DonYBE said
I kinda wonder how the Steiners would have fared in the MMA especially with their amateur wrestling background.
i was thinking this watching old wcw nitros a few months back
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #37
SDC17 
space
space
Props total: 1336 1 K  Slaps total: 144 144
 blackthorn said
So did I just imagine Chael Sonnen, Rampage Jackson, Matt Hughes, Georges St. Pierre, Jon Jones, Rashad Evans, Uriah Faber, Dan Henderson, Yoel Romero, Mark Coleman, Daniel Cormier, Johnny Hendricks, Kevin Randleman and Josh Koscheck?
Can you imagine a peak Jordan Burroughs with adequate training...... that'd be scary sh*t

2 weeks ago '16        #38
space
space
 Tobinmont said
I feel they would have to finish their opponents fast. Muscle eats up oxygen. But if athletically explosive and powerful they could do damage I a*sume.
Basically a Mike Tyson approach.

But I feel like a lot of MMA f*ghters would have enough skill, quickness, and agility... to evade that quick "KO," and patiently grind them down.

I dunno.

2 weeks ago '19        #39
blackthorn 
space
space
space
 144000 said

But I feel like a lot of MMA f*ghters would have enough skill, quickness, and agility... to evade that quick "KO," and patiently grind them down.

I dunno.
Considering wrestlers typically shoot for takedowns, lay on people, and grind out decision victories... I'm not sure why you think this plan would be wise?

2 weeks ago '19        #40
blackthorn 
space
space
space
 SDC17 said
Can you imagine a peak Jordan Burroughs with adequate training...... that'd be scary sh*t
Right? People are acting like the OP is talking about just plucking a wrestler and dropping them into MMA.

This is theoretically wrestlers, in their athletic primes, deciding to pursue an MMA career and training fully. With their backgrounds and good training they'd have a good chance...
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #41
KJHARDY 
space
space
Props total: 22036 22 K  Slaps total: 2939 2 K
 wildish said
wwe is full if legit shoot ameture wrestlers.....henry cuedo chose ufc over wwe & became a ufc champion.....just imagine if the other shoot wrestlers did the same......

Authors of Pain could legit fu*k most people up.

Last edited by KJHARDY; 03-25-2020 at 09:04 PM..
+3   

2 weeks ago '16        #42
space
space
 blackthorn said
I hope not.

I'd tell you to see a doctor.

I don't watch any of this sh*t, bro. Just bored.

But I would expect skilled kickboxing to be more effective than sound grappling, generally speaking at least. But maybe I've got it wrong.

2 weeks ago '16        #43
space
space
 blackthorn said
Considering wrestlers typically shoot for takedowns, lay on people, and grind out decision victories... I'm not sure why you think this plan would be wise?
Because legs are longer and more powerful than arms.

If you can wear the dude out by evading, while still landing solid kicks, he's going to obviously be taking more damage.

I'm talking about wearing him down methodically, rather than waiting for that 'DDT'.

Last edited by 144000; 03-25-2020 at 09:10 PM..

2 weeks ago '15        #44
space
space
 144000 said

I dunno.
Perhaps. Provided they are strong enough to thwart of the first few attacks. The octagon is way bigger than a boxing ring so evading is a lot easier too. But wrestlers like to shoot. That strength around your waste would be a problem f*ghting off to avoid being taken down.

Last edited by Tobinmont; 03-25-2020 at 09:15 PM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #45
space
space
 blackthorn said
Yea the shooting would be a problem with someone that strong.
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #46
blackthorn 
space
space
space
 144000 said
I hope not.

I'd tell you to see a doctor.

I don't watch any of this sh*t, bro. Just bored.

But I would expect skilled kickboxing to be more effective than sound grappling, generally speaking at least. But maybe I've got it wrong.
Most kickboxers have poor takedown defense. And kicks are vulnerable to shots. As MMA has evolved they have gotten better, but it's still a vulnerability to go on one-leg against a guy trying to get you on the ground. And when you have an olympic gold medalist or former National Champion on top of you... You're getting winded just trying to stand up. They're gonna lay on you, grind you down, k*ll your wind by grinding you against the cage and keeping quarters tight.

Last edited by blackthorn; 03-25-2020 at 09:24 PM..
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #47
925  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 4989 4 K  Slaps total: 3640 3 K
Doesn't UFC test for steroids?

Most them wwf "wrestlers" are just roided out body builders.

2 weeks ago '04        #48
LovinPavan 
space
space
Props total: 2443 2 K  Slaps total: 1634 1 K
especially ken shamrock. he was always very dangerous.

2 weeks ago '04        #49
thegod 
space
space
Props total: 2907 2 K  Slaps total: 108 108
They do say (real) wrestling is the best based. Most wrestlers also have trash hands. In this era they'd get mopped if they relied too much on wrestling, hence why Brock had a short run. His striking was trash. Understandable though b/c he had a late a*s start and obviously didnt have time to become elite in the striking dept, although I think he still could have been a little better in that department if he didnt rely on being a freak athlete and an elite wrestler.

But if they were in the game in the day of Matt Hughes and Randy Couture, yeah, most of the guys on the list could have probably had a nice run just by being freak athletes and elite wrestlers.

Brock actually became HW champ, so not sure if he quite belongs on this list lol.

2 weeks ago '14        #50
Hightimes219 
space
space
Props total: 2144 2 K  Slaps total: 364 364
 Drewsmit said
Cap
I mean Ubereem was loaded on all steroids here lol

So maybe a little asterisk

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-19online now  29
Image(s) inside The rest of the world wondering why NY has so many Covid Cases
89 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+22online now  26
YaYa Mayweather Potentially Being Charged With Murder... Girl In Critic..
282 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  13
Gay bros trollin Rich the Kid's IG live hard
40 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+25online now  8
Video inside Prison Inmate shows people sick and dying around him. Says they were le..
57 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy