Will there ever be a Hip Hop artist as real as Tupac???

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
109 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
96 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #141
fernandoarrabal 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$35 | Props total: 23 23
Tupac never claimed to be the best rapper/lyricist out there but if there one thing he can claim is that he was one of the realest n*ggaz out there! Obviously people's definition of "Real" varies.

There is an audio interview Tupac did during his Strictly For My n*ggaz album and he stated that he changed his style when he moved from New York to Maryland. He said everyone in New York was doing this "Lyrical/miracle/spiritual/hypothetical" type of flow. Meaning complex metaphors structured into tight bars that basically cover up the meaning and never get to the point. When he went to Maryland he saw the poverty and people down there said, "We Po' (We're Poor)" they didn't have the educational background to articulate that "Currently my financial situation is sub-par" or "I don't have any money at the moment", they just got STRAIGHT to the point and said, "YO WE PO' so Tupac learned that instead of using lyrical metaphors that he got from New York, he changed to just go ahead and hit the target straight on, get to the point and say what you got to say so that everyone can understand!

Tupac's wanted to create a MOVEMENT which is what he did with ONE NATION. He wanted to unite with EVERYONE IN THE HIP HOP GAME that he thought was REAL to him. So he wasn't even saying he was the realest, he wanted to unite all the realest n*ggaz in the game under ONE NATION!

He wanted to unite with Wu-Tang, Buckshot, Outkast, Goodie Mob, Scarface, Spice 1, Bone Thugs etc. Pac even wanted to do trax with Alanis Morisette's alternative rock style! And when he conquered the rap game he was going to conquer the movie game just not only as an actor, but a screenwriter and director! And when he accomplished THAT his ultimate goal was to be the President Of The United States!

In his last interview type in "Tupac's Last Interview Ever" on youtube, he stated "I'm gonna be so ahead of where I am now...I promise you..no I guarantee you that at the next election I'm gonna be sitting next to all the candidates, I GUARANTEE YOU. Because all us oppressed people, black, white, brown, armenian all you lost tribe muthafu*kas, we ALL HELPED build this nation and get none of the benefits!"

One of the REALEST lyrics I ever heard from him was an unreleased track called "Reincarnation" it's a crappy quality mp3 with hella static but you hear Pac's voice and it sounds like a GHOST! The lyrics gave me chills to my very soul.

Chorus:
My only fear of death, is reincarnation
I use my last breath, to reach the whole Nation
How can they call me murderer for my spoken words?
This composition be my prophecy I hope its heard

(Verse One: Tupac)

Hard words is spoken, many promises broken as if it's
Useless to hope, they got me constantly smoking
My role model was a cold bottle, of O.E.
Surrounded by my closest homies but nobody knows me
I pray to God it ain't easy, half the cops in California got a hard on to squeeze me
Running through the backstreets, hopping over fences trying to shake the fu*king K-9s, run around senseless
I'll probably be a mystery to many, but a legend to some
I've been a man for many women, but a husband for none
In case you see me out in traffic, looking nervous and high
My hands, holding my pistols will they serve us or die?
May God forgive me for my crooked ways, I didn't mean it
Knew I'd fall in love with money the first day that I seen it?
Maybe now they can understand, my occupation
It's clear that my only fear of death is reincarnation
 9 years ago '04        #142
psylence2k 58 heat pts58 OP
space
space
space
$12,810 | Props total: 1832 1832
 Curtisimo said:
OK fine I will dismiss Pac's thug image since your not discussing that

So How does all of that make Pac more "real" than any other rapper?

I mean Pac isnt the only n*gga that went through what he went through and rapped about the subjects he did (and even made them hits example Ghostface "All that I got is you" which came around the same time as "dear Mama")

If you wana say he's the best rapper make an argument for that

but what does his songs have to do with him being "real" since that is your argument?

Im not going to discredit that argument because thats how YOU feel. But theres plenty of people who relate to or can feel Nas, Jay, Face, eminem, DMX, etc etc the same way people could feel Pac

I mean come on Nas's illmatic is basicly the story of the average black teenager who grew up in the hood

One Love hits home like a motherfu*ker (which was also a single)

Im preety sure the same way you feel about Pac is the same way white kids feel about eminem that doesnt make him more "real" though

the way he bared his soul on the track, i mean honestly you DONT see any artists fans i dont care who they are, give as many and as emotional testimonies to pac's music. When you add that to him being the largest selling rap artist, then there's a reason why he's loved on another level than any other artist, and like i said being "real" is subjective to each person's own defintion, but i feel pac has more fans testifying on his "realness" (no not on his gangsta image either) than ANY other artist ever, so i guess its a majority rules type thing. You cant really PROVE a subjective term thats why i asked people's opinions and thats why we are debating, but i feel more ppl support my claim in this thread then deny it so i feel my opinion is confirmed by the majority but it seems the ppl critiscizing are showing by their replies that they really know not only nothing about pac but the artists they are using to compare him to.
 9 years ago '04        #143
space
space
space
 REAL_NESS said:
The hoods outside NY dont know those songs? I live in fu*king Newark

Thugz Mansion was also on Gods Son. Again you're basing pacs "realness" no pun intended on he dropping 6 deep singles wow you still haven't said what makes Pac more real than any other MC
wow a state away, not only are you still on the east coast you are still in the tri-state area . Pretty much anything that gets bumped heavy in New York is gonna be bumped in Philly and Jersey. Go to Atlanta, Texas, or Cali, and see who they love more. Pac's real for the type of music he wrote and how he wrote it. I guess that's why it's subjective, you can deny all day long if you want but obviously the majority isnt with you, its kinda like someone trying to argue that Lil Wayne is better than Jay, obviously art is subjective so there's really no way you can cold hard factually prove which i stated in my original post, but if that lil wayne fan is stubborn he'll just resist the argument.
 07-11-2008, 12:52 PM         #144
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
wow a state away, not only are you still on the east coast you are still in the tri-state area . Pretty much anything that gets bumped heavy in New York is gonna be bumped in Philly and Jersey. Go to Atlanta, Texas, or Cali, and see who they love more. Pac's real for the type of music he wrote and how he wrote it. I guess that's why it's subjective, you can deny all day long if you want but obviously the majority isnt with you, its kinda like someone trying to argue that Lil Wayne is better than Jay, obviously art is subjective so there's really no way you can cold hard factually prove which i stated in my original post, but if that lil wayne fan is stubborn he'll just resist the argument.
the majority isn't with me? the majority can agree Pac is a legend. Pac arguably the had the most impact on hip-hop. Pac is one of the greats

BUT when sheep a.ss n*ggas try to convince themselves that Pac was more "real" than any other MC? hell no

And you base this real sh*t because he made songs like "Dear Momma" and "Change" Pretty much every man, especially black men love there mother to death so he doesn't get points for that

Once again you fail to show what makes Pac any more "real" than any other MC :rolleyes:
 9 years ago '07        #145
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
Ice Cube.
 07-11-2008, 01:43 PM         #146
U.G.K. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AIshiitsonall said:
thats is the same way i became a fan of pac..i heard thugz mansion on allen iverson mix video on youtube and i became a big fan within minutes....pac is GOAT, fu*k everyone who says otherwise
@ the first pac song you heard was thugs mansion, what are you fu*kin 10 years old kid?
 07-11-2008, 01:56 PM         #147
Masiah 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:
*yawn*

I think the majority of the people in the hiphop community think Jay-z is GOAT

so yea me arguing that Pac is not GOAT definatly wont change that(even though thats not what Im arguing)
Jay-z is the GOAT? He's a old big lipped f*g who stills Biggie's rhymes. Answer me this. When Pac and Big was around why wasn't Jay-z a big deal then? Why is it that in 2008 when Hip Hop culture has expanded in a bad direction, all of the sudden he's the "goat"? Jay-z didn't become big until Pac and Big died. Same with Nas. Most of Lil waynes fans and Jay-z fans aren't even black(the truth hurts). And most of his fans never really grew up on real Hip Hop music like Pac and Biggie's music. Jay-z is no where on Tupac's level and never will be, sorry to burst your bubble.

[pic - click to view]

irhabi007 said:
How does anything you mention make him the realest ever?
I never stated that what I mentioned(what you quoted) makes him the realest ever, did I? I did in fact post FACTS in my previous post that obviously stated why he was a real guy. During the time Tupac made concern songs for the black community, what rapper you know did that? How can Jay-z wright a song about how he was living in the hood, when this foo is filty rich popping bottles among false success with crooked producers like Puffy?

[pic - click to view]

Again, no one is messing with Tupac. And it's hard for people to accept that, but the truth is the truth.
 9 years ago '08        #148
lifetimez 
space
space
$2,807 | Props total: 0 0
 Masiah said:
Jay-z is the GOAT? He's a old big lipped f*g who stills Biggie's rhymes. Answer me this. When Pac and Big was around why wasn't Jay-z a big deal then? Why is it that in 2008 when Hip Hop culture has expanded in a bad direction, all of the sudden he's the "goat"? Jay-z didn't become big until Pac and Big died. Same with Nas. Most of Lil waynes fans and Jay-z fans aren't even black(the truth hurts). And most of his fans never really grew up on real Hip Hop music like Pac and Biggie's music. Jay-z is no where on Tupac's level and never will be, sorry to burst your bubble.

I never stated that what I mentioned(what you quoted) makes him the realest ever, did I? I did in fact post FACTS in my previous post that obviously stated why he was a real guy. During the time Tupac made concern songs for the black community, what rapper you know did that? How can Jay-z wright a song about how he was living in the hood, when this foo is filty rich popping bottles among false success with crooked producers like Puffy?
This is the funniest post I seen in a while.

I'm pondering whether to dissect it, or let it wallow in its own stupidity.
 07-11-2008, 02:10 PM         #149
AIshiitsonall 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 U.G.K. said:
@ the first pac song you heard was thugs mansion, what are you fu*kin 10 years old kid?
:banghead:
 07-11-2008, 02:32 PM         #150
Chrome 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Masiah said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Again, no one is messing with Tupac. And it's hard for people to accept that, but the truth is the truth.
 07-11-2008, 02:34 PM         #151
Chrome 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:
@ you catching feelings look at my avy its obvious I think Nas is the GOAT

So why are you making a rant dismiissing Jay-z

typed all of that for nothing
Nas is Jay-z's bi*ch, he fell off the cliff like cliff hanger

R.I.P Nas
 07-11-2008, 02:47 PM         #152
Chrome 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:
yea Pac is Suge's bi*ch

dropped 2 albums in a years so he can hurry up to get off death row

edit
you know what I dont even wanna disrespect Pac

So im not gonna post sh*t to little kiddies who need to mind their own buisness
Pac was Suge's bi*ch? Oh really?

What n*gga you know gets interviewed like that? Now its just "nah mean, kno what im sayen, you feel me, like....you nah mean tho? like real talk tho ma n*gga real sh*t, you smell me?".
 07-11-2008, 03:04 PM         #153
Chrome 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:

[pic - click to view]

lmao at first I'm like "wtf, thats bow wow not Tupac why the fu*k you posting that?" then I looked at where im from and said "ohhh" lmao you lost f*g**t no one here likes Bow Wow including me, try again.
 07-11-2008, 04:59 PM         #154
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2pac is the greatest to me cuz this dude actually had classics, in overall music in general i'll go as far as sayin jay z does'nt have even ONE classic... u know it takes much more than lyrical creativity to make a record with lyrics that can touch ppl about 50 years after they were written... i dont give a fu*k about cannibus' lyrics even if they are clever as fu*k... that sh*t doesn't last like the lyrics from someone like pac, they may be simplistic but they were more powerful than almost anything nas has ever written.... there definately more powerful than anything canibuss has written and anything jay z has done...
 9 years ago '04        #155
space
space
space
 REAL_NESS said:
the majority isn't with me? the majority can agree Pac is a legend. Pac arguably the had the most impact on hip-hop. Pac is one of the greats

BUT when sheep a.ss n*ggas try to convince themselves that Pac was more "real" than any other MC? hell no

And you base this real sh*t because he made songs like "Dear Momma" and "Change" Pretty much every man, especially black men love there mother to death so he doesn't get points for that

Once again you fail to show what makes Pac any more "real" than any other MC :rolleyes:
thank you for giving me that segway, exactly alotta cats have the EXACT same feelings that pac had but pac was the only brave enough to show ppl that side of him when other rappers were breaking their knecks trying to convince ppl of how tough they were and wouldnt risk any display of sensitive emotion, pac said phuck i know who i am, i dont give a phuck and had enough back bone to do alotta things musically that other rappers were too scarred to do like YOU said, alotta black men shared points of views pac did but who the hell made a dear mama before pac? or a keep your head up? or a brenda's got a baby? when the thugs and street dudes of hip hop kept making the same songs recycled pac came and hit you almost every time with a new song speaking in whole on a subject never fully touched on. He stood away from the pack. He was real because he didn't care about ruining a "tough" image, the streets and rap game try to make it uncool to show sensitivity but pac had enough back bone to be his own man and lead the path and i really feel like he made it cool for other rappers to come out after him and encouraged them to do the same songs, and thats why he gets so much respect today because he was REAL with himself to not let public peer pressure mold his music, and REAL with his fans to show them that side. Any REAL person has a sensitive side, the side of them that is bent with emotion from adverse situations and pain, rappers rarely show that side and when they do they just lightly touch on it, Pac's wasn't scarred to dive into it and give you the whole 360 degree perspective, he didnt hide his sensitivity and emotions in the closet like these otha hustlers and gangsters in the game and thats what made him seem more than just another street dude or rapper, he cared more about showing you that he was human and went through it like you went through it. He said the the things everyone knew other rappers were scarred to say, and in a way that other rappers wouldnt.

Last edited by psylence2k; 07-11-2008 at 10:27 PM..
 07-11-2008, 10:30 PM         #156
AIshiitsonall 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chrome said:
Pac was Suge's bi*ch? Oh really?

What n*gga you know gets interviewed like that? Now its just "nah mean, kno what im sayen, you feel me, like....you nah mean tho? like real talk tho ma n*gga real sh*t, you smell me?".
that interview explain why tupac is the realest to ever spit a line. you listen to him and you know what he is saying. you listen to 99% of rappers today and they act like f*gs. i cant stand musicians who use bad a.ss grammar like you feel me, thats yo boy 50 bunch of f*g**t a.ss lines like that carring about themselves instead of comunity...by this point of the thread, in any of u stupid dumbass havent learned that pac is GOAT, and the realeast rapper ever, then u need help or blindly hating...nothing else can be said to prove the facts....just get off that sh*t most u be on and open up ur mind. think with ur head, not ur a.sses and maybe ull get what we (pac) fans have been trying to get across. ofcourse there are alot of rappers that are real and speak from the heart but no one come close to the level pac was on, NO ONE.
 07-11-2008, 11:26 PM         #157
identity-x 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tech N9ne comes to mind.

Dude is an open fu*king book. Raps about suicide attempts, infidelity, missing his kids, not being able to show emotion.

Peep I Love You, But fu*k You (verse three is whoa)...

and One Good Time...

from his new album.
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
158 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
148 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago