Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum | Fedor loses - taps 1:09 into 1st round

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
13 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #301
reasonable 13 heat pts13
space
space
$14,581 | Props total: 1340 1340
 I'm The Dan said:
The difference is that was Brock's first f!ght in the UFC. The fact is he came back and brutalized Mir in their next f!ght for the title.

Brock is the best heavyweight on the planet. It's been said by a couple people on here, but everyone wants to overrate Fedor.
There's two sides to your argument, bro. On one hand, you could say that it was Brock's first f!ght in the UFC and he made a rookie mistake and got caught. Fine.

On the other hand, you say that he's the "best heavyweight on the planet." I beg to differ. He's only defended the title once, and has five professional f!ghts total; he hasn't proved much yet.

If he goes on a five f!ght win streak beating f!ghters like Carwin, Dos Santos & Velasquez, then I'd be willing to put him in that argument as being the best HW MMA f!ghter.

Also, despite tonights events, I'm not even sure if he would beat Fedor.
 7 years ago '05        #302
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
 +Ca[N]o[N]iKaL+ said:
There's two sides to your argument, bro. On one hand, you could say that it was Brock's first f!ght in the UFC and he made a rookie mistake and got caught. Fine.

On the other hand, you say that he's the "best heavyweight on the planet." I beg to differ. He's only defended the title once, and has five professional f!ghts total; he hasn't proved much yet.

If he goes on a five f!ght win streak beating f!ghters like Carwin, Dos Santos & Velasquez, then I'd be willing to put him in that argument as being the best HW MMA f!ghter.

Also, despite tonights events, I'm not even sure if he would beat Fedor.
Agreed. The fact is Lesnar only lost one f!ght, though. His first f!ght in the UFC under the bright lights against a savage in Mir. People forget that Lesnar was winning that f!ght until the ref did a bulls**t stand up. Lesnar hit Mir one time in the back of the head and instead of the multiple warnings that usually get handed out, the ref stood them up (even though Lesnar was in an advantageous position).

Lesnar came back in his next f!ght against Mir and made him look BAD. He got him in a WWE headlock and put golf ball size bumps on his forehead.

Now, I'll give you Lesnar hasn't fought enough to judge him as the best ever. I personally think he's the top HW right now, but I understand how it could be debatable.

I just think Fedor gets way too much credit. He deserves the respect he got five years ago, but doesn't deserve it now. His last five f!ghts have been against cans. Werdum was supposed to be another "walk through" f!ght. Fedor has avoided Lesnar and Overeem to keep his legend alive.

The problem is I don't think he'll be able to do it much longer. Everyone expects Fedor to beat Werdum in a rematch. They won't throw a rematch out there. They'll throw Werdum in there with Overeem. Overeem will murder Werdum and we'll get the Fedor Overeem match. Overeem will beat Fedor and people will cry about how "Fedor lost a step" or "He's gotten older.." but it's his fault for ducking Overeem for so damn long.
 7 years ago '05        #303
reasonable 13 heat pts13
space
space
$14,581 | Props total: 1340 1340
 I'm The Dan said:
Agreed. The fact is Lesnar only lost one f!ght, though. His first f!ght in the UFC under the bright lights against a savage in Mir. People forget that Lesnar was winning that f!ght until the ref did a bulls**t stand up. Lesnar hit Mir one time in the back of the head and instead of the multiple warnings that usually get handed out, the ref stood them up (even though Lesnar was in an advantageous position).

Lesnar came back in his next f!ght against Mir and made him look BAD. He got him in a WWE headlock and put golf ball size bumps on his forehead.

Now, I'll give you Lesnar hasn't fought enough to judge him as the best ever. I personally think he's the top HW right now, but I understand how it could be debatable.

I just think Fedor gets way too much credit. He deserves the respect he got five years ago, but doesn't deserve it now. His last five f!ghts have been against cans. Werdum was supposed to be another "walk through" f!ght. Fedor has avoided Lesnar and Overeem to keep his legend alive.

The problem is I don't think he'll be able to do it much longer. Everyone expects Fedor to beat Werdum in a rematch. They won't throw a rematch out there. They'll throw Werdum in there with Overeem. Overeem will murder Werdum and we'll get the Fedor Overeem match. Overeem will beat Fedor and people will cry about how "Fedor lost a step" or "He's gotten older.." but it's his fault for ducking Overeem for so damn long.
A Lesnar fan with some sense, lol. I don't see it often. I think that's why a lot of people don't like Brock now, because of his fans.

With regards to Fedor, I think we'll see a reformation, similar to what happened to GSP after he got knocked out by Matt Serra.

He'll be a lot more cautious now, and I can guarantee that he won't make that mistake again.
 7 years ago '05        #304
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
 +Ca[N]o[N]iKaL+ said:
A Lesnar fan with some sense, lol. I don't see it often. I think that's why a lot of people don't like Brock now, because of his fans.

With regards to Fedor, I think we'll see a reformation, similar to what happened to GSP after he got knocked out by Matt Serra.

He'll be a lot more cautious now, and I can guarantee that he won't make that mistake again.
I doubt it. GSP, when he lost to Serra, was still a raw f!ghter. He was winning f!ghts on his athletics and strength alone. Fedor is who he is. He's been f!ghting for so long and I don't see him changing at all to be honest. I guarantee his camp goes to him after this f!ght and says something like "You just got caught. You don't need to change a thing! If you just stand back up and make him trade with you, then this f!ght ends in a KO"

Now, his camp is probably right. Had Fedor just stood up then he probably would have ended up KO'ing Werdum at the end of the first (he rocked him with the one that put Werdum down..)

I just don't see them doing a Werdum vs Fedor rematch. Everyone and their mother would bet on Fedor to win. Nobody wants to see a rematch anyway because it'll be considered a fluke win. Plus, if they did do a rematch, what do you do with Overeem? He came out and obliterated Brett Rogers. So, does he just sit and wait for eight or so months and wait for the winner of Fedor and Werdum? Who else in the heavyweight division is worth a damn in Strikeforce? Are they going to throw him in there with Silva? I doubt it. Are they going to try a gimmick f!ght with Bobby Lashley? No...

They are going to do a Werdum and Overeem f!ght. Chances are Overeem beats the s**t out of Werdum. Then they get their Overeem and Fedor f!ght. The difference is Overeem is the champion and Fedor is bouncing back from his first legitimate loss. They'll market the s**t out of the f!ght.
 7 years ago '06        #305
Bedlam 
space
space
$4,630 | Props total: 1 1
I'm so f**king mad at this s**t man. Fedor is so arrogant. He has always played directly into his opponent's strength his entire career, and sooner or later it was gonna haunt him.

Maybe he'll f**king wise up and exploit his opponents weaknesses instead of doing some stupid s**t like jumping into FABRICIO f**kING WERDUM'S GUARD. Jesus, what a f**king dumb a.ss Russian man, I'm so mad.
 7 years ago '05        #306
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 1399 1399
 Thoed G said:
LOL at everyone being experts on f!ghting and plus people saying fedor doesn't deserve credit anymore... lol really?... after his first real loss?... what was his record?..
and I am not even a huge fedor fan or anything but I am confused on how people wanna act like he's done nothing or is nothing cause he lost one f!ght?... What f!ghter hasn't lost one f!ght?... plus did they say he hasn't lost one in 10 years?... oh well f**k it..

fedor is overrated... 5 years ago he was a beast.. he is nothing now... rah rah rah
Cause its true he hasnt fought no comp since Pride I'm not saying he's nothing but c'mon a lot of his opponents the past few years
 7 years ago '05        #307
TheInevitable24 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,464 | Props total: 0 0
 TheInevitable24 said:
yeah, except beat a real heavyweight

fedor at brock

Gattsau said:
fedor has beaten many real hws who are better than brock
 TheInevitable24 said:
im not comparing brocks wins to fedors wins im comparing brock to fedor...esp. when brett rogers almost had him in his last f!ght brock would put him on the ground just like mir and beat his russian f**kin face in without a problem. till hes in the UFC the ultimate f!ghting ground for MMA competition he aint proved s**t. and every mma fan but those that reside in russia KNOW it.

like i said... goto the ufc and get worked pus*y...but i guess he didnt have to to get exposed

Last edited by TheInevitable24; 06-27-2010 at 10:56 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #308
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,922 | Props total: 86 86
some of yall are just ignorant when it comes to mma, fedor is a legend who has been doing his thing for a while now. No one has been as impressive, he made obvious mental errors last night. He thought he had Werdum shook, when really the dude just wanted to tap his a.ss out, which he did.

I guarantee whoever f!ghts Fedor next will not be as lucky, even if it is Werdum again.
 7 years ago '05        #309
Basicgz 
space
space
I aint tryin to bash dude but yall gotta get pass those bias opinions I know he a legend, he one of the greatest to ever do it but to hear he beat people that will beat Brock easily c'mon Nogeira just had his skull bouncing off the mat courtesy of Cain, Cro-Cop got the luckiest win of his career a few weeks back and was destroyed by Dos Santos. Mark Coleman looked like a f**kin zombie against Couture he needs to retire, Brett Rogers would get DEMOLISHED in the UFC dude has no cardio at all

and for the record I dont think Brock the best heavyweight matter fact I think he overrated too if he beat Carwin then I'm a believer

Fedor is gonna f!ght 2 more times and retire just watch, and Werdum gon f!ght Overeem next, for Werdum to f!ght Fedor again right away dont make sense from the belt standpoint, Strikeforce is so backwards if they do some s**t like that
 7 years ago '06        #310
Bedlam 
space
space
$4,630 | Props total: 1 1
 Basicgz said:
I aint tryin to bash dude but yall gotta get pass those bias opinions I know he a legend, he one of the greatest to ever do it but to hear he beat people that will beat Brock easily c'mon Nogeira just had his skull bouncing off the mat courtesy of Cain, Cro-Cop got the luckiest win of his career a few weeks back and was destroyed by Dos Santos. Mark Coleman looked like a f**kin zombie against Couture he needs to retire, Brett Rogers would get DEMOLISHED in the UFC dude has no cardio at all
You have no concept of the fact that f!ghters deteriorate over time and become worse. Just stop.
 7 years ago '09        #311
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
 JoeyTheGod said:
@ fedor being a joke....don't discuss mma anymore..
Posted via Mobile Device
You lost.
 7 years ago '05        #312
Basicgz 
space
space
 Bedlam said:
You have no concept of the fact that f!ghters deteriorate over time and become worse. Just stop.
Actually sir I do I was just commenting on a previous post I kno Nog in Pride is better than Nog of today but thats not the case with every f!ghter look at Rampage Jackson in Pride dude was gettin by wit just his pure talent alone dude never trained hard until he linked up with Wolf Lair he looked like a better prepared f!ghter still 1 dimensional tho, same with B.J Penn he got by wit his talent and never trained and years down the line he was looking unbeatable in the LW division until he met Frankie of course, some f!ghters get better with time it goes both ways bro

To say that Brock wouldnt have beat Nog or Cro Cop in their prime is debatable but there's no proof so to argue that subject is stupid

Yall say Fedor isnt gettin worse right??................ Well that proves my point.
 7 years ago '07        #313
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,833 | Props total: 1998 1998
well damn just finished watching strikeforce... s**t is sad way to lose when your someone of Fedor's caliber i'm wondering though all of you who say Fedor got exposed... how many lost he has during his whole career?

no one will ever be able to agree whos the #1 HW cuz now that Fedor lost he's been "exposed" Overeem has all those steroid allegations and Lesnar only has 4 f!ghts
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
59 comments
2 days ago