How many of you run your own business full time or part time?

most viewed right now
30 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 4 weeks ago '06        #126
UrZTrulY-KINg 13 heat pts13
space
space
$923 | Props total: 438 438
 PaiD iN FuLL said
Like many of you have said, it's a breath of fresh air to see REAL people in here with bright minds focusing on entrepreneurship and getting their ideas out there into reality... I'm in NYC and operate a small business specializing in video production + photography. I have other plans and ideas brewing as well. If any other biz owners need these creative services and would like to do business and invest with me please feel free to check out my website at where you can contact me directly. Peace and love Bx brethren.
I got a photobooth if you ever wanna do an upsell for a wedding just hit me here
+1   

4 weeks ago '08        #127
QMinati 
space
space
space
$540 | Props total: 258 258
 Sir_Burn_Alot said
Man one of my business colleges has a screen print company beside my studio... He's doing 6 figures a year with it
I used to make a lot of money in the screen print business although I never screen printed a shirt in my life. Contract screen printing is one of the best kept secrets. I even made shirts for a celebrity's company. I would profit $2000 in one order without leaving my laptop and about 2 hours of actual work. You can do the same with constuction companies and any other profession that gives their workers shirts to wear since they always have repeated orders.

1. Get a general knowledge of the screenprinting process, colors, shirts, etc. as well as image quality and illustration knowledge. This is just so you know what to tell your customer, you wont be actually doing any designing or printing yourself.

2. Start an LLC and get a tax ID

3. Use that tax ID and open accounts with wholesale tshirt companies, i used to USE S&S Activewear. Also open accounts with contract screen printers and get all their pricing, take your time and find a good one, the best price isnt always the best company, finding a company that doesnt fu*k up is more important. this can take time to actually find the right one, trial n error.

4. Open a website, all you need is a front page really where people know you're a real business. Make sure to have an email domain, no gmail it should be . Then get a business card with this info, you are now a real company.

3. Make an embroidered shirt with your company logo. Now you can go approach all kinds of companies and leave your business card, all you have to say is that you are willing to beat the price they are currently paying.

4. Now this part can be tricky but you need a credit card, if you dont have one pay a friend to use theirs, you will pay it back because the job will be done in 2 weeks or less and you will have the money. This is important because a great selling point is to tell your customer you don't pay until the satisfactory finished product is in your hands. The reason I think this is the best way to do it is because companies will find a bunch of reasons to say no to you, but when you tell them they have no risk, they respond a LOT more. This is from experience, if you tell them they have to pay upfront it is too much risk since they don't even know you, but every company is willing to use your services if they know they dont have to pay until they see the finished product. Now if you do have a CC then this will add up all those bonus miles real fast. I haven't had a year go by where i don't have at least 2 vacations.

5. Now heres the fun part, you just look at your prices from the contract printers and add your profit on top, so if you know you can get the shirts done for $4 a shirt, then you charge $7 and theres your profit. On small jobs i only make $200 and on big jobs ive made as much as $3000. THe funny thing is that they are really the same amount of work, so dont get too greedy and focus on customer satisfaction.

6. Once somebody wants to place an order, all you have to do is get the artwork emailed, or if you have to recreate artwork just use fiverr. You then email that artwork to the contract printer and pay them and place the order. You use the wholesale shirts companies website to buy the blank shirts and send them directly to your screen printer with a Purchase Order #. They receive the shirts and print the artwork on them. When they're done they will dropship the shirts directly to your customer.

now send your invoice and get paid!

and thats it, the beauty of this is that once you have a certain amount of customers the business gets easier. They will send more people your way. I sat on the beach and made money just using my phone. all through email and websites.

In case your wondering why i dont do it anymore? I had a job go wrong one time, the print turned out too dark. A lady from the company disrespected the hell out of me on the phone, that was hard for me to handle and i decided i didnt want to work a job where i had to deal with people directly, i lost $2000 on that job, it wasnt the money that bothered me since every business takes a loss sometimes, but i just couldnt deal with disrespectful people anymore.

The biggest downside to this business mode hands down is dealing with customers. The problem with this business model is that people will take up your time with a million questions trying to figure out what they want, after wasting your time they wont even place an order, this happens a lot, a lot of interested people compared to actualy paying customers, but this goes away one you get the right customers.

I knew a guy who would profit $25,000 a year just off ONE construction company that had locations all over the country.

I made my conscious decision to focus on passive income from now on, but this here hustle is golden, if i ever needed bread fast just give me a month and i garuntee a new income with the screen print hustle.... good ol days...
+11   

3 weeks ago '06        #128
UrZTrulY-KINg 13 heat pts13
space
space
$923 | Props total: 438 438
 QMinati said
I

The biggest downside to this business mode hands down is dealing with customers. The problem with this business model is that people will take up your time with a million questions trying to figure out what they want, after wasting your time they wont even place an order, this happens a lot, a lot of interested people compared to actualy paying customers, but this goes away one you get the right customers.

I knew a guy who would profit $25,000 a year just off ONE construction company that had locations all over the country.

I made my conscious decision to focus on passive income from now on, but this here hustle is golden, if i ever needed bread fast just give me a month and i garuntee a new income with the screen print hustle.... good ol days...
Just out of curiosity what passive income ideas are you doing besides real estate
+2   

3 weeks ago '08        #129
QMinati 
space
space
space
 UrZTrulY-KINg said
Just out of curiosity what passive income ideas are you doing besides real estate
Im lucky enough to work for myself, so i basically stay home all day and create niche websites.

A website that sells to a very specific audience, that expands into several platforms to sell the same products since its print on demand i can sell the same products on several platforms.

its A LOT of work, i mean A LOT!!!

but the blessing is that i can be in the Dominican Republic overlooking the beach while i work, or in Medellin with a beautiful model type. So all though I work 80 hours a week, i can easily take a break and freak off with my favorite girl for the day. Then the next day get right back to work. If i ever stop working, i still make about the same amount every month after that.

A tip for all you young up and comin entrepreneurs is... TRAVEL!

trust me on this. dont wait for that vacation, travel frequently, it will change your life and mind in a positive way.

Do a google search for low cost of living cities all over the world, i choose DR and Colombia because they are close, but there are places all over the world where you can live like a king with an American paycheck.

Africa even has some nice places where the dollar goes far, this is the best way to live, most people can live like a God with the same money you pay on your monthly bills.

When you work from your laptop, life is just a working vacation...
+5   

3 weeks ago '17        #130
Sloan21 338 heat pts338
space
space
space
$5,956 | Props total: 17101 17101
 QMinati said
Im lucky enough to work for myself, so i basically stay home all day and create niche websites.

A website that sells to a very specific audience, that expands into several platforms to sell the same products since its print on demand i can sell the same products on several platforms.

its A LOT of work, i mean A LOT!!!

but the blessing is that i can be in the Dominican Republic overlooking the beach while i work, or in Medellin with a beautiful model type. So all though I work 80 hours a week, i can easily take a break and freak off with my favorite girl for the day. Then the next day get right back to work. If i ever stop working, i still make about the same amount every month after that.

A tip for all you young up and comin entrepreneurs is... TRAVEL!

trust me on this. dont wait for that vacation, travel frequently, it will change your life and mind in a positive way.

Do a google search for low cost of living cities all over the world, i choose DR and Colombia because they are close, but there are places all over the world where you can live like a king with an American paycheck.

Africa even has some nice places where the dollar goes far, this is the best way to live, most people can live like a God with the same money you pay on your monthly bills.

When you work from your laptop, life is just a working vacation...
Pm me

2 weeks ago '07        #131
Dicemoney6 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,697 | Props total: 1213 1213
 SlickJ101 said
Been doing remodeling/carpentry in some capacity since I was a little kid.

Worked for a few different companies over the years in between other careers and got good enough at a few niche areas that pay well and are the kind of work I don't mind. I like to stick to drywall and painting w some light framing and demo etc.

It's nice to be able to pick up random side jobs and make money when I have the time. I also save a sh*tload being able to do a lot of diff phases of carpentry and remodeling when it comes to my own properties.
You ever thought about getting your GC license?

2 weeks ago '04        #132
B-Y-D 
space
space
$1,235 | Props total: 90 90
Depending on your area, advertising with Yelp.com after you get a good amount of positive reviews (at least 5) plus having a total 4-5 star rating for your business on it may help drum up business to your auto shop along with offering "Yelp check-in" offers such as check in and get $15 off service. If you have a website, show videos of work you've done or working on so people can see proof of your work. Even better, get testimonials from people on video and talk about things your business did to fix their cars and have that on your website as well. Much success to your business!

deziking said
I just started this november my auto shop, 1st month was decent going into 2nd month fu*king tough without any advertising just getting friends and families and word of mouth right now. I'm trying to get into auctions so I can buy low mileage cars for cheap and fix them and sell em. I found my first car will see if I can get my hands on it.

2 weeks ago '08        #133
SlickJ101 26 heat pts26
space
space
$14,963 | Props total: 8930 8930
 Dicemoney6 said
You ever thought about getting your GC license?
Yea, but idk if it's really worth it for the money right now.

1 week ago '19        #134
drnarcisse 
space
space
$41 | Props total: 103 103
I run online business full time. Also do some business in colombia.

1 week ago '08        #135
QMinati 
space
space
space
 drnarcisse said
you mind giving more info on the colombia business? I go out there and selling electronics is the only profitable thing i could think of...

1 week ago '19        #136
drnarcisse 
space
space
$41 | Props total: 103 103
you know what?
i think services is a good business and international catering can be good.
me and my girl, she can make clothing from scratch..she does the patron and then we sell them to distributors so they can sell them retail. children's clothing, uniforms, things that have high velocity and rottion. trying to crack the tourism on the coast also, which is growing rapidly.
what about you? whereabouts do you go and tell me more about your biz

1 week ago '08        #137
QMinati 
space
space
space
 drnarcisse said
you know what?
i think services is a good business and international catering can be good.
me and my girl, she can make clothing from scratch..she does the patron and then we sell them to distributors so they can sell them retail. children's clothing, uniforms, things that have high velocity and rottion. trying to crack the tourism on the coast also, which is growing rapidly.
what about you? whereabouts do you go and tell me more about your biz
I do Amazon FBA, Merch by Amazon, and create Niche POD websites. Its a lotta work but i love being able to go anywhere in the world and still make money with my laptop.

As far as Colombia I go to Medellin, The Coast and Bucaramanga which is untapped by Gringos, soon ima hit up Bogota and Cali.

Everybody in Colombia all have the same failing ideas of a new bar or restaurant or brothel, they all fail. I like to network because there has to be a hustle that hasn't been tapped.

I know somebody who used to go to Thailand and get hair for free. There was some religious ritual where women would cut their hair and throw it at all statue, at the end the janitor would have to sweep up all the hair and throw it out. This dude would take it and bring it back and charge premium prices for it... so im keeping an eye out for those kinds of opportunities as well...
+4   

1 week ago '04        #138
joker 171 heat pts171
space
space
$7,328 | Props total: 16286 16286
Idk if I've posted in here yet but I work in IT full time. My side hustle is Ebay & StockX. I will flip anything but mainly I focus on menswear on Ebay and streetwear on StockX.

Started using bots to scale up my streetwear biz

5 days ago '14        #139
RaiderRomero 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$132 | Props total: 255 255
 QMinati said
I do Amazon FBA, Merch by Amazon, and create Niche POD websites. Its a lotta work but i love being able to go anywhere in the world and still make money with my laptop.

As far as Colombia I go to Medellin, The Coast and Bucaramanga which is untapped by Gringos, soon ima hit up Bogota and Cali.

Everybody in Colombia all have the same failing ideas of a new bar or restaurant or brothel, they all fail. I like to network because there has to be a hustle that hasn't been tapped.

I know somebody who used to go to Thailand and get hair for free. There was some religious ritual where women would cut their hair and throw it at all statue, at the end the janitor would have to sweep up all the hair and throw it out. This dude would take it and bring it back and charge premium prices for it... so im keeping an eye out for those kinds of opportunities as well...
First man: Props for all the knowledge and motivation that you have brought to this thread.

As far as the niche POD websites: How did you start off in this? Was it all trial and error, or did you get put up on game beforehand? Definitely interested in more info and advice on this.

5 days ago '08        #140
QMinati 
space
space
space
 RaiderRomero said
First man: Props for all the knowledge and motivation that you have brought to this thread.

As far as the niche POD websites: How did you start off in this? Was it all trial and error, or did you get put up on game beforehand? Definitely interested in more info and advice on this.
good look bro

I started with my back to the wall, ex-con with no jobs in site. I came home in 2014 and had to figure something out. I started googlin ways to make money online and it took me down a rabbit hole that im still going down daily. All my life i had the illegal hustle in mind when the whole time all these privileged people somehow kept this secret knowledge of the world of making money online.

It was like finding a hidden tomb, then by joining Facebook groups i bore witness to screen shots of people making $10,000 a month from their laptop. I thought it was bullsh*t at first, but once i saw it was real i knew i had to get my piece of it.

Soon as I came home I read the 4 hour work week. This completely changed my train of thought. If you haven't read it you should do it asap. No more being a laborer, time to be my own boss for real.

leave the streets and bullsh*t friends alone, cut them all off if they don't bring value to your life. I went underground and left my old life. Stuck to my laptop until i figure it out.

YOUTUBE is the new Harvard for me. The answer to all your problems in life is somewhere on youtube right now, you just gotta find it. That one search term that opens up a whole world.

So with that said, i logged on to my laptop and was glued to it until i could make income with it. No netflix, no going out, no chasin new pu**y. Stick to the shorty that lets me come over smash and go home. Theres value in that, then go back to my laptop.

The sacrifice paid off... i taught myself photoshop through videos. Learned about dropshipping and merch by amazon and found every facebook group that added value. Every instagram that had info. Not one friend on facebook, strictly knowledge that adds value to my life in my feed, same for instagram.

Starve the distraction, feed the focus.

It took me 5 years to get where im at but damn i love it now.

The secret is ACTUAL hard work and ACTUAL dedication. Also learning to say no to other so called opportunity. The secret is to stick to one thing and MASTER it. Especially when that thing seems hopeless. If you know that a certain method has worked successfully for somebody else, then it can work for you.

there have been so many hopeless days you wouldn't believe it, but by never quitting something magical happens, you will damn near drop a tear of joy when it does. To see something you visualized come into a reality after so much hopelessness is nothing short of magic to me.

so theres the long answer....

the short answer would be just study youtube and join facebook groups and stop wasting time hanging out. Change the way you use social networks, cuz while you starin at instagram hoes, the next up and coming entrepeneur is using the same app to figure out how to turn an idea into income. Seek info like you're being paid to find the value. Pick a path that is proven, stay the course, don't stop till success and expect to feel like quitting every now and then, but never quit. Your state of mind will determine your future, for real.

One thing i wish i knew before, KNOWLEDGE IS FREE! especially on youtube, dont fall victim for high priced so called training.

hope this helps... i leave yall with my favorite poem of all time, read this over and over and know that what is says is real, it took me 5 years to find success using this poem as my motivation:

“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which k*lls countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too.

All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favour all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material a*sistance which no man could have dreamed would have come his way.

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.”

― William Hutchison Murray

AMEN!!!
+5   

3 days ago '17        #141
Sloan21 338 heat pts338
space
space
space
$5,956 | Props total: 17101 17101
 drnarcisse said
What’s your online business?

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+114online now  13
Her wagon full of passion n I ain't passin
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  8
MK 11 Follows Tradition by Scamming More Gamers Out of Content With Microtrans..
74 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
+86online now  7
Video inside Funny Ass Comedian
46 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside TMZ NEW VIDEO: GETAWAY DRIVER in NIPSEY HUSSLE Shooting BEEN EXPOSED A..
168 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy