LeBron James Vs Larry Bird After 10 Years In The League

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
69 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
136 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #81
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
 whothebestmc said:
team defense is lebrons specialty on that side of the ball... larry was a weak defender like magic, but his team was a great defense so it masked that. He was guarding the easier to defend players while maxwell/mchale were guarding the best players, so he was able to play the passing lanes and get steals. Still not close defensively.

Not to mention "team defense" is hardly comparable from the two eras since bird played in a league where defense was mainly man to man and he was bad/average at that.
Nope Lebron is a better one on defender than Bird. that's why he guarded multiple positions on the floor guarding leonard as well as parker.
 4 years ago '11        #82
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,568 | Props total: 9470 9470
 MiseryCityTexas said:
Nope Lebron is a better one on defender than Bird. that's why he guarded multiple positions on the floor guarding leonard as well as parker.
No sh*t rofl... he is also a much better team defender.
 4 years ago '07        #83
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
 whothebestmc said:
No sh*t rofl... he is also a much better team defender.
nope. Bird playing the passing lanes well and getting steals being at the right spot at the right time alone makes him a better team defender, because he creates more fast break oppourtunities at the otehr end of the floor.
 4 years ago '08        #84
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
 MiseryCityTexas said:
Only reason why basketball was dead in the 70s was because all the flashy, highlight type players, and most talented basketball stars played in the ABA. If the merger would have happened in the early 70s, people wouldnt have been saying this sh*t.
i see what ur saying my man but i must disagree. flash is why the game is where it is today. if it werent, the wnba would be boss right now. dont forget about pistol pete and those 70's knicks. the merger brought over more of this type of play but the merger itself didnt create it. the magic/bird & lakers/celtics rivalry brought the cameras, tvs, and newspapers...giving the the public a vision of basketball not seen before. and to think, all this actually started in their college days. no offense dude but this is common knowledge amongst those who have played the game, historians, serious fans, and anyone who has knowledge of the games history.
 4 years ago '11        #85
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,568 | Props total: 9470 9470
 MiseryCityTexas said:
nope. Bird playing the passing lanes well and getting steals being at the right spot at the right time alone makes him a better team defender, because he creates more fast break oppourtunities at the otehr end of the floor.
you're an idiot.

john stockton best team defender ever

Last edited by whothebestmc; 06-25-2013 at 02:57 AM..
 06-25-2013, 05:33 AM         #86
jimflu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Larry is clearly more skilled even lebron stans should admit.

Imagine Larry with Lebron's athleticism.

in a p4p world, lebron is worse than all of the other greats.
 06-25-2013, 08:18 AM         #87
Stayburnin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people need to stop doing these LeBron comparisons. this is exactly the reason I wanted the purs to win because I knew if Miami won theyd be doing these comparisons all summer. LeBron has 2 rings. he needs atleast 5 to seriously be compared. in every sport you always have n*ggas on pace to beating all time records and most of the time injuries or they just fall off happen.

yesterday when the comparison was at that age between mj and LeBron who was better. LeBron had 1 more title while playing 2 more seasons and u have to realize after 28 mj LED his team to 5 more rings which is extremely hard to do in that amount of time. he retired during his absolute prime and then after his last championship he was in amazing form as well and retired again. he could of had at least 1 more ring but that's an if situation so I know that doesn't count but still 5 rings, I don't think bron is getting 4 more.
 4 years ago '13        #88
djbern 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$313 | Props total: 173 173
 whothebestmc said:

if you get 11 rebounds on 4000 misses and I get 10 rebounds on 10 misses you are the better rebounder...

just k!ll yourself.
math is not the highlight of bx obviously lol
 4 years ago '06        #89
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$29,007 | Props total: 10676 10676
Bird is higher than kobe all time though
 4 years ago '11        #90
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225 OP
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
For those wondering, according to advanced stats, Larry's total rebound % was 14.9 and LeBron's was 10.8. LeBron's PER is 27.6 and Bird is 24.1
 4 years ago '05        #91
assanlb 
space
space
$851 | Props total: 56 56
Comparisons are getting out of hand imo, but the only thing I can say is that Larry should not be punished because of the great players he played with. Also I do know that Larry could never carry a team like Lebron did. You can put Lebron on every single team in the league and they will be guaranteed playoff bound and possibly contenders in the conference finals.
 4 years ago '05        #92
assanlb 
space
space
$851 | Props total: 56 56
 jimflu said:

Than imagine Lebron Larry's jumpshot. What's the purpose in saying this when it's not possible. Every player brings different things to the table that's why it's so difficult to compare.
 4 years ago '06        #93
Beantown Bully 12 heat pts12
space
space
$2,159 | Props total: 1 1
I didn't read through all 5 pages because there's a lot of young'ns on here not knowing what the fahk they're talking about but...

Has anyone brought up the fact that Bird was drafted and retired with the Celtics. Never leaving his team and building it from scratch at that point to be a 3 time NBA champ rather than riding the coattail of Wade's team and add in the best FA center that year?

I'm sure if Larry decided to go to the Laker's they'd win every year sweeping the playoffs...

Just some food for thought
 4 years ago '04        #94
Young Fab 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,554 | Props total: 6274 6274
 assanlb said:
Comparisons are getting out of hand imo, but the only thing I can say is that Larry should not be punished because of the great players he played with. Also I do know that Larry could never carry a team like Lebron did. You can put Lebron on every single team in the league and they will be guaranteed playoff bound and possibly contenders in the conference finals.
Right, only LeBron should
 4 years ago '06        #95
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,790 | Props total: 2317 2317
Larry Bird>Lebron
 4 years ago '10        #96
Megastorm 42 heat pts42
space
space
space
$4,378 | Props total: 1246 1246
delete.

Last edited by Megastorm; 11-14-2013 at 06:51 AM..
 4 years ago '07        #97
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
Larry went to college that helped with his development... Not only that he faced the GOAT there and in the NBA.
 4 years ago '07        #98
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 Beantown Bully said:
I didn't read through all 5 pages because there's a lot of young'ns on here not knowing what the fahk they're talking about but...

Has anyone brought up the fact that Bird was drafted and retired with the Celtics. Never leaving his team and building it from scratch at that point to be a 3 time NBA champ rather than riding the coattail of Wade's team and add in the best FA center that year?

I'm sure if Larry decided to go to the Laker's they'd win every year sweeping the playoffs...

Just some food for thought
It's easier to stay in a larger market. Especially back then.
 4 years ago '10        #99
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,161 | Props total: 15705 15705
 micseles said:
Alot of people who didnt get to see him play in his day believe he was just a three point shooter. Larry did most of his damage mid range and in the post.

Larry was a jack of all trades

Larry Legend

whothebestmc said:
Larry had the benefit of playing with a much better team that being said it's a toss up after 10

Larry is top 5 all time though.
i hate when people use the better team reasoning. Majority of the time your stats go down when u are paired with other great players. IE Jordan, Kobe, Wade. All three were putting up higher numbers without their other stars support

Last edited by lboog1423; 11-14-2013 at 08:09 AM..
 11-14-2013, 08:09 AM         #100
The Dark Kn1ght 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jimflu said:

POWERFUL POST

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
179 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
185 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy