Jan 14 - BREAKING: 17 children injured after a plane dumps jet fuel over school playground

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '17        #1
1825 page views
31 comments

Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x35
space
space
Props total: 78112 78 K  Slaps total: 17525 17 K
Jan 14 - BREAKING: 17 children injured after a plane dumps jet fuel over school playground

(CNN)More than a dozen elementary school children are being treated after a plane dumped jet fuel over a school playground near Los Angeles.

The incident happened at Park Avenue Elementary in Cudahy, California, just after noon on Tuesday, Sean Ferguson of the Los Angeles County Fire Department told CNN. A total of 17 children received minor injuries from the dump, and six adults were also injured.
The department confirmed the substance was in fact jet fuel in a tweet.

While the children were playing, a plane approaching Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) dumped the fuel, which fell over the group. The victims were treated by dozens of firef*ghters and paramedics at the school, which is located about 19 miles east of the airport.
Video posted on YouTube shows the plane flying overhead. Alan De Leon, who shot the video, told CNN he heard a loud whistle, smelled jet fuel and felt irritation in his eyes.

The Federal Aviation Administration confirmed that Delta Flight 89 bound for Shanghai, China, declared an emergency shortly after takeoff and returned to LAX. The agency could not immediately confirm the reports that fuel was dumped from the jet.
A hazardous materials team was also at the school testing the liquid, Ferguson said. In a written statement, the Los Angeles Unified School District said educators at are checking each classroom to make sure no injuries were missed. The district's Office of Environmental Health and Safety is also responding.

visit this link https://www.cnn.com/2020/ .. rnd/index.html
+9   

best
worst
31 comments

2 weeks ago '17        #2
Lazy 
space
space
space
Props total: 12071 12 K  Slaps total: 1441 1 K

Last edited by Lazy; 01-14-2020 at 11:02 PM..
+6   

2 weeks ago '05        #3
theboyflames 
space
space
space
Props total: 912 912  Slaps total: 80 80
Dump fuel or k*ll everyone onboard. I'll dump fuel also. Im glad op post this thread, I want to see everyone else thought on this topic.
+16   

2 weeks ago '19        #4
Gold Face  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 20288 20 K  Slaps total: 24693 24 K
Easy lawsuit for those children’s parents

+26   

2 weeks ago '15        #5
PineappleOG 
space
space
Props total: 29766 29 K  Slaps total: 5664 5 K
This for real?
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #6
Chronos 
space
space
Props total: 8840 8 K  Slaps total: 336 336
 PineappleOG said
This for real?
Yes, it was reported on the news this afternoon, Delta gotta open that pocketbook.
+8   

2 weeks ago '15        #7
AdRock 
space
space
Props total: 11399 11 K  Slaps total: 1746 1 K
If there was an emergency they have to dump fuel to land. They were too full headed for China. Like homie above said, dump fuel or k*ll everyone on board?
+9   

2 weeks ago '17        #8
Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x35 OP
space
space
Props total: 78112 78 K  Slaps total: 17525 17 K
60 people are treated after a plane dumped jet fuel, hitting six schools around Los Angeles

(CNN)Sixty people were affected after a plane dumped jet fuel while returning to the Los Angeles International Airport on Tuesday, hitting five elementary schools and one high school.

The incident happened just after noon Tuesday, inspector Sean Ferguson of the Los Angeles County Fire Department told CNN. The most heavily affected school was Park Avenue Elementary in Cudahy, where 20 children and 11 adults reported minor injuries. The school is about 19 miles east of the airport.

The other schools affected were San Gabriel Elementary, Graham Elementary, Tweedy Elementary, 93rd Street Elementary and Jordan High School.
Some people who were hit by the jet fuel were decontaminated with soap and water, but no one at any site needed to be taken to the hospital, Sgt. Rudy Perez with the Los Angeles School Police Department said. The schools briefly went through shelter-in-place procedures, but there were no evacuations.
The children were given gowns so they could change out of their clothes, fire department inspector Sky Cornell said, adding there were no reports of injuries from other people in the area.
Justin Guiti, a fifth grader at Park Avenue, was hit by the fuel. He told CNN it sprayed all over him and his friends, even getting into his eye.
"Drops of water were coming down. I thought it was a rainbow, and I looked up, and it was gasoline," he said.
Miguel Cervantes, a sixth grader, was also hit. He said his skin was itchy afterward.
"I thought it was smoke," he said. "But when it went down, I felt it and it smelled like gas."
What happened
Delta Air Lines said the fuel came from Flight 89, which had just taken off from LAX bound for Shanghai, China, when it "experienced an engine issue requiring the aircraft to return quickly to LAX."
"The aircraft landed safely after a release of fuel, which was required as part of normal procedure to reach a safe landing weight," the airline said.
The aircraft is a Boeing 777-200, according to Delta's website, with 288 passenger seats.
Delta said it is in touch with airport authorities and the LA County Fire Department, and it expressed concern for those who reported injuries.
Video posted on YouTube shows the plane overhead with white streaks coming from the tips of the wings. Alan De Leon, who shot the video, told CNN he heard a loud whistle, smelled jet fuel and felt irritation in his eyes.

Planes aren't supposed to dump fuel over populated areas
David Soucie, an aviation safety analyst, told CNN there are maximum takeoff and landing weights for aircraft, so in order for a plane with full fuel tanks to land, it must dump the fuel to avoid potentially crashing upon landing.
"There are special fuel-dumping procedures for aircraft operating into and out of any major US airport," the FAA said Tuesday. "These procedures call for fuel to be dumped over designated unpopulated areas, typically at higher altitudes so the fuel atomizes and disperses before it reaches the ground."
The Los Angeles Unified School District said its health and safety inspectors were working to ensure the outside areas of the schools are safe for attendance.

+4   

2 weeks ago '15        #9
MichaelVickStan 
space
space
Props total: 22550 22 K  Slaps total: 6594 6 K
Easy come up
+6   

2 weeks ago '04        #10
ddash 
space
space
Props total: 12969 12 K  Slaps total: 901 901
sounds like some kids about to turn into Venom lol
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #11
P DRILLA 
space
space
Props total: 16066 16 K  Slaps total: 549 549
+5   

2 weeks ago '10        #12
marx1684 
space
space
Props total: 11612 11 K  Slaps total: 1213 1 K
BX Savages never fail to disappoint.

I ain't sh*t either.
+10   

2 weeks ago '18        #13
9shots92bricks 
space
space
space
Props total: 4373 4 K  Slaps total: 798 798
If that were my kids I'm like

They got the bail money to get me out of jail after I fu*k somebody up for that sh*t
+11   

2 weeks ago '16        #14
hhspot 
space
space
space
Props total: 393 393  Slaps total: 213 213
The Knowing
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #15
Andrefrbk  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 9311 9 K  Slaps total: 2295 2 K
Im on E right now. Id love to have been in that playground like

+10   

2 weeks ago '06        #16
Sammyboi22 
space
space
Props total: 1082 1 K  Slaps total: 162 162
Deltas insurers are shook as fu*k right now.
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #17
ordoabchao 
space
space
space
Props total: 10253 10 K  Slaps total: 2478 2 K
 AdRock said
If there was an emergency they have to dump fuel to land. They were too full headed for China. Like homie above said, dump fuel or k*ll everyone on board?
As long as Delta comes out of pocket, there's no problem. But corporations like to weasel their way out of sh*t like this...
+4   

2 weeks ago '10        #18
bunun  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 5514 5 K  Slaps total: 563 563
whats the worse that can happen to these children long term ? or is it just smelly shirt and slight skin irritation ? and how much jet fuel could fall on a kid after being dumped thousands of miles in the air ?
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #19
Andrefrbk  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 9311 9 K  Slaps total: 2295 2 K
 bunun said
whats the worse that can happen to these children long term ? or is it just smelly shirt and slight skin irritation ? and how much jet fuel could fall on a kid after being dumped thousands of miles in the air ?
this

+12   

2 weeks ago '05        #20
theboyflames 
space
space
space
Props total: 912 912  Slaps total: 80 80
 bunun said

People in the military working on aircraft smell like jet fuel all the time and they do it for 20 years without a long term effect. Someone just seeing it as an opportunity to get paid from Delta. I don't blame the families for going after delta; i blame the news for making it such a big deal. Nobody was k*lled, but they have to highlight the fuel dump... I hate the news outlets nowadays. Everything is half told.

Same people reporting it, would've wish they dumped fuel if they was onboard.
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #21
Sparty89 
space
space
space
Props total: 766 766  Slaps total: 43 43
That bag is about to runneth over!!!!!!! CUT THE CHECK!!!!!!!
+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #22
DrakeSavage 
space
space
space
Props total: 210 210  Slaps total: 69 69
 theboyflames said
Dump fuel or k*ll everyone onboard. I'll dump fuel also. Im glad op post this thread, I want to see everyone else thought on this topic.
i agree but you could k*ll way more than just the people onboard. jet fuel, allegedly lol, brought down the twin towers.

but i watched the vid and i just wonder how it went down. bc its like watching an explosion video and knowing that shock wave is about to break the glass right in their faces. i can imagine at least some of these people watched it fall on them lol.
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #23
Tiger Wood 
space
space
space
Props total: 3189 3 K  Slaps total: 828 828
Airlines are cheap at payouts.
You’d be better off pulling an ikea drawer set on to you.
+4   

2 weeks ago '04        #24
CentsCuZ 
space
space
Props total: 3446 3 K  Slaps total: 349 349
If there are no longterm injuries, the payout will be relatively small. Itchy skin and irritated eyes not gonna equal a million+ dollars. Might be able to get a quick 10-20k settlement to just go away tho.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #25
arms  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 9224 9 K  Slaps total: 1230 1 K
How they manage to fly over 6 different schools tho?
+3   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+184online now  48
Been watching new, tributes, memorials of Kob all day, figured a bit out
63 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-32online now  42
Prophet of God predicts a sudden death of major b-ball player back in 2011
40 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+81online now  20
Article inside There’s some weird energy in Hollywood right now
171 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+83online now  11
Kobe and Wife Vanessa Had a Deal That They Would Never Fly on a Helicopter..
181 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy