Tyler Perry Addresses His Critics for Writing his Own scripts

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
-30  101
57 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 weeks ago '17        #1
1757 page views
42 comments

Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x35
space
space
Props total: 78098 78 K  Slaps total: 17524 17 K
Tyler Perry Addresses His Critics for Writing his Own scripts

+8   

best
worst
42 comments

2 weeks ago '17        #2
Petieparker 
space
space
Props total: 10565 10 K  Slaps total: 1106 1 K
He definitely need writers. His shows are laughably bad. Black women swear by his content though because it appeals largely to them no matter how bad the writing is.

Won't lie I watch the Have and Have nots with my wife and her Mother-in-Law just to laugh at how terrible the writing was. It's one of the best shows when your smoking too. LMAOOOOO sh*t was getting so bad that even my Wife and her Mother were like, "This is not good writing". LMAOOO

And the acting is so bad. Matter fact it's actors/actresses on the show that are terrible on this show but other shows outside of this they're actually good actors. Baffles my mind.
+21   

2 weeks ago '17        #3
SATX 
space
space
Props total: 2620 2 K  Slaps total: 188 188
Find it funny he opened up a studio to give upcoming black actors a way into the industry knowing the opportunities are hard to come by but won't do the same for black writers.

He really need a writer's room where people can bounce ideas off that are fresh instead of the same tropes and themes all his stuff has but then again long as they keep coming back for mediocrity why switch it up?
+11   

2 weeks ago '15        #4
KING SOULJA 
space
space
Props total: 23065 23 K  Slaps total: 11303 11 K
I don’t blame him for writing everything himself. If you want something done right, do it yourself.
+9   

2 weeks ago '04        #5
sagolous 
space
space
Props total: 564 564  Slaps total: 53 53
cant say if its a fact, but i seen something about him not wanting to pay writers that belonged to the union. not sure if true or not but interesting.
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #6
Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x35 OP
space
space
I can't phantom not minding my own business.
I don't understand how people sit behind their computer screens and make a declaration that a man who has done a billion things for our community, is not doing enough.
"He needs to hire writers so black writers can be successful".
He's not stopping no one's ability to be successful.
Point blank period.

n*ggas always
1. In other people's business
2. Think they know what's best for everyone else
3. Always want someone to give out handouts

sh*t is annoying.
It's always unsuccessful people yapping their lips
+13   

2 weeks ago '18        #7
Sick Flair 
space
space
Props total: 4230 4 K  Slaps total: 333 333
 Petieparker said
He definitely need writers. His shows are laughably bad. Black women swear by his content though because it appeals largely to them no matter how bad the writing is.

Won't lie I watch the Have and Have nots with my wife and her Mother-in-Law just to laugh at how terrible the writing was. It's one of the best shows when your smoking too. LMAOOOOO sh*t was getting so bad that even my Wife and her Mother were like, "This is not good writing". LMAOOO

And the acting is so bad. Matter fact it's actors/actresses on the show that are terrible on this show but other shows outside of this they're actually good actors. Baffles my mind.
Facts. What baffles me is how he wants to have a studio but doesn’t want to pay the same bills that a studios has. That goes back to the knock on black folks running their business into the ground penny pinching. You do have to pay for rewrites but if you were able to recognize good writing in the first place then you would not hire bad writers. Dude should really hire a good EP or show runner for just one of his shows. The days of sh*t black entertainment need to come to an end. With him doing all of these things to promote/show off his ownership, you’d think he’d want his business to be about quality.
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #8
lucifershammer 
space
space
Props total: 35490 35 K  Slaps total: 3738 3 K
He doesn't care about a quality product and his audience doesn't either.
+9   

2 weeks ago '10        #9
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 9858 9 K  Slaps total: 2318 2 K
 Petieparker said

I think it's because of his theater style he tells people to pronunciate certain words certain ways and the overacting but I know exactly what you're talking about and I never even seen the haves and have nots because I've seen his other shows and movies and I thought the same thing myself
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #10
OCT DION 
space
space
Props total: 22943 22 K  Slaps total: 2452 2 K
I watched a movie of his years ago where the main character cheated on her husband and got AIDS
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #11
Da Gooneyz 
space
space
Props total: 2705 2 K  Slaps total: 434 434
This guy hustled the living daylights out of the black church.
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #12
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 19226 19 K  Slaps total: 2064 2 K
sounds like an opportunity...

2 weeks ago '11        #13
bonez79  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 23136 23 K  Slaps total: 5736 5 K
I fxcks wit "The Oval".

2 weeks ago '04        #14
grydlok 
space
space
Props total: 5819 5 K  Slaps total: 261 261
 Mr Scaramucci said
I can't phantom not minding my own business.
I don't understand how people sit behind their computer screens and make a declaration that a man who has done a billion things for our community, is not doing enough.
"He needs to hire writers so black writers can be successful".
He's not stopping no one's ability to be successful.
Point blank period.

n*ggas always
1. In other people's business
2. Think they know what's best for everyone else
3. Always want someone to give out handouts

sh*t is annoying.
It's always unsuccessful people yapping their lips
Bx Dictionary "Fathom "
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #15
halfadash 
space
space
space
Props total: 2196 2 K  Slaps total: 82 82
I mean up to now he is doing quite alright.

And even if he gets writers not like ya'll gonna watch more of his movies. Know your lane and thrive in it. He knows his.
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #16
Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x35 OP
space
space
 grydlok said
Bx Dictionary "Fathom "
Get yo ol educated a*s out of here

2 weeks ago '16        #17
DeadPresident 
space
space
Props total: 3507 3 K  Slaps total: 1028 1 K
 Petieparker said

Damn I watch it with my wife too lol shxt is predictable af lol we both noticed how they push the gay agenda hard in his shows.
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #18
FrescoB  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 44056 44 K  Slaps total: 7574 7 K
 bonez79 said
I fxcks wit "The Oval".
Looks like a fake a*s Scandal to me
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #19
LeG.O.A.T 
space
space
Props total: 54617 54 K  Slaps total: 39290 39 K
He writes for low hanging fruit. Hes a sh*t minstrel show writer. Straight garbage.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #20
grydlok 
space
space
Props total: 5819 5 K  Slaps total: 261 261
 Mr Scaramucci said
Get yo ol educated a*s out of here
don't be mad at me Danny Phantom
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #21
justinjones 
space
space
Props total: 19075 19 K  Slaps total: 1196 1 K
 Petieparker said

acegutta22 said
I think it's because of his theater style he tells people to pronunciate certain words certain ways and the overacting but I know exactly what you're talking about and I never even seen the haves and have nots because I've seen his other shows and movies and I thought the same thing myself
i was about to say the same thing. It has to be because he has them overacting on purpose like in theatre(what he is used to) which doesn’t translate well on tv/movies

2 weeks ago '11        #22
bonez79  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 23136 23 K  Slaps total: 5736 5 K
 FrescoB said
Looks like a fake a*s Scandal to me
That shxt is super ratchet but for some reason that shxt is entertaining.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #23
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 82197 82 K  Slaps total: 36204 36 K
I would fu*k the sh*t out of Tracy G

2 weeks ago '06        #24
marcusaka50 
space
space
space
Props total: 17828 17 K  Slaps total: 3293 3 K
I doubt he doesn't want to work with other writers..I'm sure he is a mentor to somebody in that field whether it's direct contact with him or indirect learning from being around him or learning from a far...I'm writer but not on a professional level and as I get older I still feel the urge to write...writers don't stop writing...writing is part of creating anything....whether its film,fashion,food...some people love to write

2 weeks ago '15        #25
DamianDragunov 
space
space
Props total: 37707 37 K  Slaps total: 5593 5 K
Just some insight on his home in Wyoming. He got nothing but white folks working for him.

They think they somebody just because of his name.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-34online now  32
Comedian Ari Shaffir disrespects Kobe's death (best friend of Joe Rogan)
122 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+69online now  29
Article inside There’s some weird energy in Hollywood right now
145 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+87online now  28
Image(s) inside King Los Checks Comedian Tony Hinchcliffe For Disrespecting Kobe Bryant
125 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+77online now  11
Image(s) inside Sauce Money Has Something to say about Diddy "365 Days A Year" Academy..
126 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy