fox launches....."fox soul" streaming service targeting black people

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
17 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 weeks ago '19        #26
Airtight 
space
space
Props total: 2327 2 K  Slaps total: 279 279
This is gotta be a joke

White Power News Network wants to branch out? I'm surprised they didn't name it Yo! Fox Shizzows.
+6   

2 weeks ago '19        #27
Amarula  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 6904 6 K  Slaps total: 5307 5 K
 strungout said
who's we ???

you ain't black porc
neither are you Sanjay
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #28
nwking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 9634 9 K  Slaps total: 1340 1 K
 Hurricane said
Living Color made Fox sooooooooo

Don’t about the “Soul” part

And Rodger Ailes made Fox news, yes with Rupert money but Ailes had all the ideas. So in a way the success of living color, Simpsons, married with children and Martin gave us Fox news 😑
+4   

2 weeks ago '04        #29
Wizzarino 
space
space
Props total: 6754 6 K  Slaps total: 550 550
 kniccalodeon said
We’re really using words like ‘soul’ as a connotation for black people still in 2020?
Yup, and these corporations will keep using these words for years to come, it's not that serious...

2 weeks ago '16        #30
AfroBucks88 
space
space
Props total: 23328 23 K  Slaps total: 1419 1 K
Disney the unseen hand moving chess pieces

2 weeks ago '04        #31
Wizzarino 
space
space
 Mental Illness said
stop fetishizing her, that's SO barbaric
SON...

+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #32
Postradamus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 21749 21 K  Slaps total: 5863 5 K
This ish free?

2 weeks ago '04        #33
Wizzarino 
space
space
 TheRealFetti said
I feel the streaming service could work but I agree with you them using the word soul like it's 1975 ain't it, I know they have no type of African American marketing/creative director employee who could come up with a better name.
What name would you come up with?

2 weeks ago '05        #34
dagame04 
space
space
Props total: 577 577  Slaps total: 173 173
Oh boy... SMH

2 weeks ago '10        #35
Bandito 
space
space
Props total: 34768 34 K  Slaps total: 4711 4 K
 realkilla3 said
unless they bringing back Martin living single and New York undercover they ain't got sh*t for me and I'm not just talking about reruns I want all of them rebooted and also new black shows that actually portray the AA experience of today.
Just like with music. It is not who puts out the music. It is who produced it and owns the masters

Thing people got to realize is the network a show is on didn't necessarily produce it. None of the shows you listed were made by Fox. Martin and New York Undercover are owned by NBC/Universal and Living Single was produced by Warner Brothers. The Cosby Show was one of NBC's biggest hits and they don't own any of it. Cheers aired on NBC. But was produced by CBS Television. That's why it on the CBS All Access streaming service. Friends (Warner Brothers) and Seinfeld (Sony/Columbia) are two more big ones that can do their own distribution deal because they are not owned by the network they aired on.

As for this Fox Soul app. I just checked the Google play store. It has been out for a month and has less than 2k downloads. I went to download it on my Shield TV and it looks like they don't have a Android TV version yet. I would have to sideload the APK and I don't think I want to go through the trouble of doing that with what they are offering right now. I am kind of curious about Keyshia Cole's show and how that came about though.

I did find this clip on YouTube and she still bringing out her crackhead mama on her show.

I've gone through clips from some of their other shows on the channel and some of them interested me. I did see interviews with Freeway Rick Ross, Yo-Yo, Mark Curry and Guy Torry.

Might watch this one with Jewell later.

They stream during their live broadcasting hours (6pm-10pm pst)

+4   

2 weeks ago '07        #36
stogz 
space
space
Props total: 70243 70 K  Slaps total: 10421 10 K
i saw some shows.

It's kind of too bland for me to think it will be successful. I didn't check out Claudia Jordan's show but, i'm guessing they'd have to dumb it down from her regular personality for it to be popular. Pretty much all of the hosts are old, nearing 50. If it was a radio station, it would be Jazz.

2 weeks ago '14        #37
NYSTATEOFMIND 
space
space
Props total: 4481 4 K  Slaps total: 277 277
The name is corny ...but its basically BET.....they need to get old Martin shows on there
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #38
Rumble 
space
space
Props total: 8655 8 K  Slaps total: 861 861
 Bandito said
Just like with music. It is not who puts out the music. It is who produced it and owns the masters

Thing people got to realize is the network a show is on didn't necessarily produce it. None of the shows you listed were made by Fox. Martin and New York Undercover are owned by NBC/Universal and Living Single was produced by Warner Brothers. The Cosby Show was one of NBC's biggest hits and they don't own any of it. Cheers aired on NBC. But was produced by CBS Television. That's why it on the CBS All Access streaming service. Friends (Warner Brothers) and Seinfeld (Sony/Columbia) are two more big ones that can do their own distribution deal because they are not owned by the network they aired on.

As for this Fox Soul app. I just checked the Google play store. It has been out for a month and has less than 2k downloads. I went to download it on my Shield TV and it looks like they don't have a Android TV version yet. I would have to sideload the APK and I don't think I want to go through the trouble of doing that with what they are offering right now. I am kind of curious about Keyshia Cole's show and how that came about though.

I did find this clip on YouTube and she still bringing out her crackhead mama on her show.

I've gone through clips from some of their other shows on the channel and some of them interested me. I did see interviews with Freeway Rick Ross, Yo-Yo, Mark Curry and Guy Torry.

High quality post
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #39
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 23316 23 K  Slaps total: 8233 8 K
Oh this a must cop...fu*k a disney plus.. this mean were getting

Roc
Living single
Martin
South central
New york undercover
Cedric entertainer show

And may get the fox/wb affiliate shows
Parent hood
The wayans bros
Steve Harvey show

I'm ready

2 weeks ago '15        #40
dawunonli 
space
space
Props total: 1766 1 K  Slaps total: 291 291
fu*k fox and rupert murdoch 🖕🏾
+1   

2 weeks ago '08        #41
flav 
space
space
Props total: 10583 10 K  Slaps total: 2790 2 K
Nothing new

McDonald’s did something very similar. Even planned the process and all. Sh*t worked flawlessly
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #42
killacar 
space
space
Props total: 11312 11 K  Slaps total: 755 755
 QueSunTzu said
sh*t if Fox made Martin, Cedric Show, and Empire those just the shows I can think of the top. I think they had living single too. Then they can easily put together a African American targeted network. I just wished they put it on regular television. Bring back that old UPN vibe.
A lot of shows arent made by the channel they air on. Like Martin was made by HBO for example. But yea if they could just stream the shows that made them in the first place, that couldve been a nice lineup

2 weeks ago '07        #43
killacar 
space
space
Props total: 11312 11 K  Slaps total: 755 755
 Oswaldgatesjr said
Oh this a must cop...fu*k a disney plus.. this mean were getting

Roc
Living single
Martin
South central
New york undercover
Cedric entertainer show

And may get the fox/wb affiliate shows
Parent hood
The wayans bros
Steve Harvey show

I'm ready
Think BET and Tyler Perry will have the streaming rights for Martin.........wait......now that Im thinking bout this sh*t......Isn't this Disney doing this now?

2 weeks ago '17        #44
Poncho520 
space
space
Props total: 5789 5 K  Slaps total: 542 542
 SP Chaingang said
Elise Neal can still get that work
I might check out Claudia Jordan. She's a talented Biracial Keyshia Cole too
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #45
TheRealFetti 
space
space
Props total: 20692 20 K  Slaps total: 3215 3 K
 Wizzarino said
What name would you come up with?

ain't my job bruh

2 weeks ago '05        #46
arkansas@$$hole 
space
space
Props total: 2866 2 K  Slaps total: 233 233
Is it bad that I don’t know who most of these people are? I’m not a big media guy other than listening to music. I don’t know most names or faces.

2 weeks ago '05        #47
arkansas@$$hole 
space
space
Props total: 2866 2 K  Slaps total: 233 233
Btw, at least this means more jobs and black shows.... ? .... If it works.
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #48
Superstarbrown7 
space
space
Props total: 10843 10 K  Slaps total: 1100 1 K
Well that’s a oxymoron

2 weeks ago '04        #49
realkilla3 
space
space
Props total: 14158 14 K  Slaps total: 1368 1 K
 Bandito said

good looking out you're right they don't own those shows but I wonder how much it would cost them for syndication or to use the name for a new show?

I really can't watch Kesha mama on TV its just sad and every time I do see her shes ugly crying and sh*t Keisha fine but her mom

2 weeks ago '17        #50
arms  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 9220 9 K  Slaps total: 1229 1 K
 kniccalodeon said
We’re really using words like ‘soul’ as a connotation for black people still in 2020?
I noticed they used black and African American interchangeably too.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  30
Image(s) inside Jan 23 - Chinese Market Coronavirus Outbreak Sold Live Koalas, Snakes,..
152 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  24
Jan 23 - NYC 12 release footage of a bar backout that got deadly
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-40online now  19
Video inside Dam Florida , He's Only 13
135 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  7
Image(s) inside Ebro: "Says Eminem Treats Rap How Black People Have To Treat Life, Be ..
340 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy