Adam Sandler response to not being nominated

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
-24  71
42 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
-78  49
54 comments @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '04        #51
stay alert 
space
space
space
Props total: 1363 1 K  Slaps total: 138 138
Uncut gems was horrible, but Sandler played great in that movie, I thought he would have git nominated for an Oscar.

2 weeks ago '16        #52
Knucklez 
space
space
space
Props total: 30492 30 K  Slaps total: 3208 3 K
 kevin boogz said
bruh he is the one guy getting paid big bucks for movies where i don't know how the hell he gets it done. but i will say that he is a G, cause he is putting all his people on. he is loyal. which is rare in the movie business.
 slayer2020 said
Something tells me he is a ***. Plenty of others have a better filmography and not even 1/5th of the money. Like larry David’s net worth. Seinfeld. It’s crazy really - these backroom deals.
Wake up people.
Even tho celebrity net worth is bullsh*t with adam i believe it (he might even have more than that). Dude worked his a*s off, owns his own production company (and has for decades), and he produces his own sh*t. Even when his movies are critical bombs they do good financially his fanbase dont watch his movies to watch the godfather, they just go to have a good time. And most of the people who watch those kinda movies cant even tell a good movie from a terrible one they just go and watch some sh*t. For example jack and jill is garbage (you can tell just by looking at the trailer) that movie almost doubled its budget, lets say he made back 20 mill from that all that money accumulates over time (these net worth sites apart from being inaccurate more than likely dont count the taxes taken away from the money they earned)

1 week ago '09        #53
slayer2020 
space
space
space
Props total: 2240 2 K  Slaps total: 892 892
 Knucklez said
Even tho celebrity net worth is bullsh*t with adam i believe it (he might even have more than that). Dude worked his a*s off, owns his own production company (and has for decades), and he produces his own sh*t. Even when his movies are critical bombs they do good financially his fanbase dont watch his movies to watch the godfather, they just go to have a good time. And most of the people who watch those kinda movies cant even tell a good movie from a terrible one they just go and watch some sh*t. For example jack and jill is garbage (you can tell just by looking at the trailer) that movie almost doubled its budget, lets say he made back 20 mill from that all that money accumulates over time (these net worth sites apart from being inaccurate more than likely dont count the taxes taken away from the money they earned)
There is a level to this you are not acknowledging and I am not going to indulge.

1 week ago '05        #54
dameons 
space
space
space
Props total: 194 194  Slaps total: 273 273
 stay alert said
Uncut gems was horrible, but Sandler played great in that movie, I thought he would have git nominated for an Oscar.
what's a " would have git " ?

1 week ago '04        #55
JFamis 
space
space
Props total: 8368 8 K  Slaps total: 1177 1 K
Anyone who thinks Uncut Gems was horrible is dumb as fu*k...
+1   

1 week ago '05        #56
Emperor85 
space
space
space
Props total: 11237 11 K  Slaps total: 2869 2 K
 ptwist said
Adam Sandler throws in one serious, Oscar type performance every 20 years (Punch Drunk Love being the last) and he be getting stiff armed at
The Academy’s

1 week ago '05        #57
hbk83 
space
space
Props total: 5048 5 K  Slaps total: 1227 1 K
 Proffesor X said
Still haven't finished this

Joker

The Irishman

Or OATIH..............

All the movies that are supposed to be top notch are overrate garbage imo.........but that's what happens hype over takes quality........the band wagon a**holes get to dictate what is actually good cinema
They usually are but these movies were really good this time.
+1   

1 week ago '19        #58
Elvis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 5766 5 K  Slaps total: 3599 3 K
Wtf is this thread about? What movie?

1 week ago '06        #59
GunMedalGleam 
space
space
Props total: 161 161  Slaps total: 53 53
40 first dates was a great piece of work.

1 week ago '11        #60
Tony Franks 
space
space
Props total: 9767 9 K  Slaps total: 1613 1 K
 Doc Logical said
@
Make a waterboy where they find out he has CTE...but not from football. From doing some dumb sh*t over and over when he was young. That would be a good reason for him to learn a new way to play the game.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #61
QdobaCasanova 
space
space
Props total: 35813 35 K  Slaps total: 8251 8 K
 blackninja said
I love Sandler and think "Punch Drunk Love" is a masterpiece, but I did not drink the Kool-Aid for this film. I just thought it was off. It is NOT the fast paced, kinetic, and fun film that the commercials depict it as.
It was a step up from the previous directors film, Good Time, which was absolute dog sh*t and I'm vexed as to why it was so critically acclaimed.

But yeah; it was good -- but not THAT good. I had it at a 7.1/10.

It meanders in bits; which, in turn, sullies the implied frenetic pacing the film is going for, as illustrated by its cinematography and subject matter of high stake gambling/hip-hop culture, etc.

Sandler's great at being a sheisty jew, tho, and I do enjoy the directors being fine with having their protagonists not be morally good.

1 week ago '05        #62
blackninja 
space
space
Props total: 14646 14 K  Slaps total: 1455 1 K
 QdobaCasanova said
It was a step up from the previous directors film, Good Time, which was absolute dog sh*t and I'm vexed as to why it was so critically acclaimed.

But yeah; it was good -- but not THAT good. I had it at a 7.1/10.

It meanders in bits; which, in turn, sullies the implied frenetic pacing the film is going for, as illustrated by its cinematography and subject matter of high stake gambling/hip-hop culture, etc.

Sandler's great at being a sheisty jew, tho, and I do enjoy the directors being fine with having their protagonists not be morally good.
I have not seen their previous films, but many directors know the right people and are babied and propped up. This may be that situation. I was turned off by the opening horror/experimental music they used. That was compounded with those weird graphics they used to travel through the stone. I a*sociate that with abstract art films. No. the film was not one of those, but it just left me off balance when I was watching it.

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  36
Jan 23 - NYC 12 release footage of a bar backout that got deadly
137 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  30
Image(s) inside Jan 23 - Chinese Market Coronavirus Outbreak Sold Live Koalas, Snakes,..
154 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-41online now  28
Video inside Dam Florida , He's Only 13
137 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-33online now  15
UFC commentator Joe Rogan accused of racism and misogyny