19 Year Old Girl Obsessed With Social Media Kills Herself After Not Getting Enough Likes

most viewed right now
+47  117
48 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section wild 'ish

5 days ago '19        #26
Dj Mannie Fresh  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 6041 6 K  Slaps total: 2204 2 K
 Tweezy said
Stupid bi*ch

It's cool society No loss taken here
Exactly

5 days ago '15        #27
Still Numskull 
space
space
Props total: 11174 11 K  Slaps total: 2949 2 K
First thing i thought of..
 LightWeight said

Second thing I thought of is if people are really this sensitive, I hope they don't find boxden,

Gonna literally get slapped to death..

Wonder if more of this will happen when Instagram likes are fully gone? (Are they still planning on removing them? Or have they?)
+3   

5 days ago '16        #28
BathWaterMelody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 43892 43 K  Slaps total: 6270 6 K
whole 1st page passed, and not a single pic or nud* in sight?

+44   

5 days ago '17        #29
92baby 
space
space
Props total: 35320 35 K  Slaps total: 5537 5 K
 OPBADAZZ337 said
291 total views, 11 views today
A beautiful, British teenage girl ended her life after she failed to get enough “likes” on her photos online.

According to the Sun, Chloe Davison, 19, was an aspiring model who relied on social media to feel good about herself, according to her older sister Jade.

“She thought she wasn’t good enough unless she was getting loads of likes and comments,” her 20-year-old sister said.

The selfie-loving teen hanged herself in her bedroom moments after she had been active on social media.

After the girl started using social media several year ago, “all she would talk about was how many likes she got,” her mum Clair Reynolds, 44, said.

“She was addicted to apps like Instagram and Snapchat,” said family friend Nick Coombs, 55, who had known Chloe since she was young.

“She would spend hours taking the perfect photo, but would delete it later if it didn’t get popular enough,” Coombs added.

Chloe struggled socially at school and rarely went out with friends, instead staying indoors and taking pictures of herself for social media.

The pretty 19-year-old was often targeted by online trolls who would send her nasty messages and mocked her appearance.

“Chloe was crying many nights because someone had said something horrible about her online,” her older sister Jade Davison told the news.

On Friday night, Chloe’s mum and sister returned home from a bar around 11:30pm, and found the teenager hanging in her bedroom.

Chloe had been taking selfies moments before she k*lled herself, according to Nick Coombs, 55, who was at the house when the brunette was found dead.

“When we took her body down, her hair and makeup were still perfect,” Coombs said. “She was wearing some new lingerie that she’d been excited to model.”

The girl’s mum, Clair Reynolds, said she blamed social media for what happened. “Social media took over Chloe’s life, whether that be Snapchat or Facebook.”

She added: “Chloe was beautiful, but she didn’t see that. She cared too much about how other people saw her.”

Coombs said that too many people felt they could say whatever they wanted to the attractive teen because it wasn’t face-to-face.

“She’d get hundreds of messages each day, mostly men asking her for s*xual stuff,” Coombs said. “Sometimes they were nice, but other times they told Chloe they wanted to hurt her.”

Both adults agreed that the girl had low self-esteem and relied on social media for reassurance.

It is important to note that the 19-year-old had thousands of social media followers when she k*lled herself.

This raises questions as to how people especially children should be raised especially with regards social media.

RIP
Hmm hopefully we can put a law on social media and it’s power over the mind

Would be nice if we can limit the usage of certain apps and media

But we think about money first and our mental health later

Cole world
+6   

5 days ago '19        #30
Mo Biches 
space
space
Props total: 149 149  Slaps total: 36 36
 The Truth said
Like I lowkey feel bad for sis but

Social media acceptance is a bi*ch
+2   

5 days ago '17        #31
92baby 
space
space
 TheLastNonEarth said

The reality is that even simps are becoming desensitized to anything that's not straight up IG pr0n... And there's so much competition...so much that regular pretty aint even cutting it anymore. Dudes want shyt that only a scalpel, surgery and angles can create...And even then if it's a dime piece doing pr0n... it's like
Seen one you seen em all
I hope this story is cap but it sounds legit that a girl would give up the real world to create an online mirage on IG. That's facts.

Sad world.
Yes they say woman are the prize but men are the value holders

A woman will go crazy if they don’t get attention from somebody

We all love some form of importance

But some people want everybody to like them fu*k that and I’m not gonna like everybody

+15   

5 days ago '17        #32
3take 
space
space
Props total: 13838 13 K  Slaps total: 944 944
It has begun.

5 days ago '16        #33
Madmax 
space
space
Props total: 712 712  Slaps total: 65 65
To give a sh*t about what people think of you is a waste of time, especially when we're all flawed in some kinda way. Social Media still in it's baby stages, future Social Medias will only get worse
+16   

5 days ago '17        #34
SimeonWisest 
space
space
space
Props total: 5142 5 K  Slaps total: 712 712
They're just trying to create a social media narrative in there. This girl was depressed, lonely, suicidal. At some point in time she would have commit that regardless.
The social media thing was just a crutch. She could have gotten 250k likes, next day run out of eyeliner and commit that.
She needed help sh*t had nothing to do with social media
+22   

5 days ago '19        #35
Bobert 
space
space
Props total: 875 875  Slaps total: 272 272
 SimeonWisest said
They're just trying to create a social media narrative in there. This girl was depressed, lonely, suicidal. At some point in time she would have commit that regardless.
The social media thing was just a crutch. She could have gotten 250k likes, next day run out of eyeliner and commit that.
She needed help sh*t had nothing to do with social media
there is no social media narrative, it really fu*ks people's head up.

she clearly had mental issues and social media exacerbated whatever she was going thrugh
+19   

5 days ago '17        #36
GodBody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 32832 32 K  Slaps total: 4770 4 K
It’s amazing how the society had let a socially awkward goof ball like Mark Zuckerberg. A man who I bet was not able to talk to girls in real, so he had to create a virtual one in his image dictate who’s popular and who’s not. I bet he didn’t lose his virginity until after he made his first Billion.
+16   

5 days ago '05        #37
THEINFAMOUS 
space
space
Props total: 20417 20 K  Slaps total: 1539 1 K
Source?
+8   

5 days ago '17        #38
TheLastNonEarth 
space
space
Props total: 64956 64 K  Slaps total: 6996 6 K
 92baby said
Yes they say woman are the prize but men are the value holders

A woman will go crazy if they don’t get attention from somebody

We all love some form of importance

But some people want everybody to like them fu*k that and I’m not gonna like everybody

Agreed...

But the bish was getting 'some' attention already then getting mad that her posts weren't doing Kim K numbers. Online thotting is becoming overwhelming. There's a new 100 baddies a day & it seems like she was cute but not dime status. I agree that women would commit that if they received the same attention that the average male does. But most just need a reality check that not all all 10 million of then can be dat bish, not even with surgery, the same way that everybody who wants to rap can't make it. Really, with African, Syrian, and all sorts of 3rd world bishes getting the internet to thot, don't they need a reality check that it's impossible for all of them to average 50k likes a pic? ... Especially if they're just cute when just cute ain't good enough based on all the chicks who already had a following then broke the bank to look like a plastic blow-up doll with a face so tight they can no longer make expressions? Shyts crazy
+14   

5 days ago '17        #39
Chrispy 
space
space
Props total: 1662 1 K  Slaps total: 284 284
Don’t put your self worth in other peoples hands.
+14   

5 days ago '08        #40
Nut-In-Honeys 
space
space
Props total: 13064 13 K  Slaps total: 1398 1 K

5 days ago '16        #41
2advanced 
space
space
space
Props total: 4461 4 K  Slaps total: 1860 1 K
Not every house needs the internet
+11   

5 days ago '17        #42
92baby 
space
space
 TheLastNonEarth said
Agreed...

But the bish was getting 'some' attention then getting mad that her posts weren't doing Kim K numbers. Online thotting is becoming overwhelming. There's a new 100 baddies a day & it seems like she was cute but not dime status. I agree that women would commit that if they received the same attention that the average male does. But most just need a reality check that not all all 10 million of then can be dat bish, not even with surgery, the same way that everybody who wants to rap can't make it. Really, with African, Syrian, and all sorts of 3rd world bishes getting the internet to thot, don't they need a reality check that it's impossible for all of them to average 50k likes a pic? ... Especially if they're just cute when just cute ain't good enough based on all the chicks who already had a following then broke the bank to look like a plastic blow-up doll with a face so tight they can no longer make expressions? Shyts crazy
Life is crazy

Most people the really know but beautiful women are way more common then people think

There are a lot of women who will not reveal themselves like that to the world

Most women will rather be the local round the way chick

It’s amazing how many beautiful women I see and meet on a daily basis

Now population size does matter but if you live in a city

Bad woman everywhere and a lot of their dudes aren’t the most good looking bunch

Woman genuinely like personality
Men everywhere shoot themselves in the foot

But most didn’t have cool family members friends etc

If doc logical told me he had a few bad bi*ches that love his rants and raves about absolutely nothing no one cares about but him and 2 bad bi*ches I would believe him

Because some bad bi*ch somewhere like that’s sh*t

I’m all off topic but the human nature is fascinating
+17   

5 days ago '15        #43
DamianDragunov 
space
space
Props total: 37184 37 K  Slaps total: 5521 5 K
 92baby said
Hmm hopefully we can put a law on social media and it’s power over the mind

Would be nice if we can limit the usage of certain apps and media

But we think about money first and our mental health later

Cole world

Although your heart I’m sure is in the right place. But..
You can’t fix everything with laws. It’s not the governments job to tell you how to live. Sht like this happens to the weak and cushy life people.
Basically how you weed out the weak. Making laws that would effect millions because of a few that can’t control themselves is not how I want to live. It’s not the governments job to babysit us.

+5   

5 days ago '18        #44
IcebergIzm  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 2001 2 K  Slaps total: 1414 1 K
She coulda jus bought FAKE LIKES and made herself appear to be lit.
Monkey see, monkey do theory. Real ppl would have started liking when they saw the fake likes.

Smh.

Also, why is a 19 year old modeling lingerie online and her parents is cool wit dat ?

Her parents is the real bozos in this situation.
They seen they daughter had AN ADDICTION* and did not nothing about it.

How TF is this FaceBooks fault ? when ya nigz coulda just cut off her WiFi. Lol
+8   

5 days ago '16        #45
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 44673 44 K  Slaps total: 9898 9 K

+17   

5 days ago '08        #46
yungsavage05 
space
space
space
Props total: 938 938  Slaps total: 224 224
Smh social media the devil
+5   

5 days ago '13        #47
DiegoRivera  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 36732 36 K  Slaps total: 3105 3 K
 Real Talk 5%er said
Seems fake.

No link
+5   

5 days ago '17        #48
92baby 
space
space
 DamianDragunov said
Although your heart I’m sure is in the right place. But..
You can’t fix everything with laws. It’s not the governments job to tell you how to live. Sht like this happens to the weak and cushy life people.
Basically how you weed out the weak. Making laws that would effect millions because of a few that can’t control themselves is not how I want to live. It’s not the governments job to babysit us.

I mean the government surely can help it’s citizens out

They can poison over tax put drugs in our community and all kinda unnecessary sh*t to us god forbid them do some kind of thing that will actually help us all

The mind is a muscle

It can become strong and weak like the rest of your body

There are reasons mental health is a big issue now

n*ggas been getting babysat since they were born now you wanna turn 18 and 19 year old privileged kids into the real world

The foundation of a family isn’t even what it used to be

I can count on my fingers how many people I know with a mom and dad under one roof

And probably fewer when I say good or great parents

But I guess we humans expect to much of people

Some animals leave their young dumb early
Like fend for yourself n*gga can’t make it 50 miles south in a day tough break n*gga

+5   

5 days ago '19        #49
Airtight 
space
space
Props total: 2306 2 K  Slaps total: 267 267
Mom blames social media but not herself.

Should have given her a book instead of a phone at 9 years old but you didn't want to parent.

fu*k em.
+14   

5 days ago '14        #50
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
Props total: 23471 23 K  Slaps total: 5196 5 K
I read the quote from the mother and it all makes sense now.
+5   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  29
Image(s) inside Jan 17 - Too Many Americans Will Never Be Able to Retire
82 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+151online now  26
Image(s) inside Well my city is in a State of Emergency
171 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+273online now  18
Just left Bad Boys 4 Life.....
178 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+85online now  17
Image(s) inside Eminem -Music To Be Murdered By (Official Discussion THREAD)
949 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy