Eddie Murphy handled this better than I thought he would

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
17 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '13        #26
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
Props total: 31099 31 K  Slaps total: 6035 6 K
 The Gary Group said

As a comedian I understand the space the interviewer put Eddie in, but he asked that sh*t trying to incite a certain reaction and got the opposite. I wish he'd interviewed Bobby Brown after he married Whitney and asked that sh*t.
Better yet, prime Mike Tyson.
+4   

2 weeks ago '09        #27
The Bully  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 111937 111 K  Slaps total: 25074 25 K
A masterful comedian doesn't get rattled in situations like that, they can quickly brush it off and flip back on you. I'd imagine Katt Williams and Dave Chappelle would be able to get out of a situation like that in similar fashion.
+4   

2 weeks ago '04        #28
Grisly 
space
space
Props total: 8034 8 K  Slaps total: 970 970
ima have to go find this whole episode now smh

they woulda fried this motherfu*ker in 2020 and rightfully so

2 weeks ago '18        #29
BG704 
space
space
space
Props total: 994 994  Slaps total: 54 54
He couldn’t even come out and say it the first time. Tryna make his voice crack. Made it even more pu**y really. Coward Said it again normal once he knew he wasn’t getting stole on. Definitely knew what he was tryna do but Eddie handled that perfectly.
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #30
Stuart Scott 
space
space
Props total: 34760 34 K  Slaps total: 7055 7 K
Eddie Murphy how can anybody hate on the god

2 weeks ago '04        #31
Essentials72 
space
space
Props total: 267 267  Slaps total: 37 37
 LegendaryLegend said
I want to learn to get better at this. It's not good to always want to get into a physical altercation because you feel disrespected.
Oddly after an acid trip I no longer let that word offend me. born into a world that's history has shown has modern society hates my skin tone and they tell me how I should feel when this word is said to me, fu*k that! No predetermined word gonna fu*k up my smile! Put your hands on me and it's a totally different tune though.
+7   

2 weeks ago '19        #32
Bklynzfinest 
space
space
space
Props total: 2055 2 K  Slaps total: 319 319
 Zaosyn said
Eddie RAW stand up special forever my favorite
Props! It's delirious for me with raw in my top 10.

A lot of the black stars, and mostly the men during that time, were asked this stupid type of sh*t all the time. The comedians can think on their feet quickly, but it's something most of them had to do. Wanna really hear some more back and forth, listen to/watch Ali's interviews by Cosell. Homie was quicker with his mind than his fists. Damn shame to see him like he is today.

Edit: @the audience question about Joe namath..n*gga Cosell said 'he's also a swinger and like pretty young girls like you'...a joke everyone laughed in the audience back then would be instant career suicide today.

Last edited by Bklynzfinest; 01-13-2020 at 07:32 AM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #33
SeanFiero 
space
space
space
Props total: 14096 14 K  Slaps total: 1849 1 K
 LegendaryLegend said
I want to learn to get better at this. It's not good to always want to get into a physical altercation because you feel disrespected.
As I got older I used to be good at it. But lately I've been losing that battle. Smh I'm too old to be a hot head again. It's kinda embarrassing

2 weeks ago '04        #34
Javon23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 30652 30 K  Slaps total: 7767 7 K
I've learned that if you don't correct them in a non confrontational way they will never believe or understand they are wrong.
All my white friends are now at a comfort level where they feel that they can ask me anything and openly discuss anything with me and I believe that is a credit to my non confrontational personality.

I believe overall in regards to Race and Culture a
- Lack of knowledge leads to Prejudice
- Prejudice leads to Bias
- Bias leads to Racism
All originating from a Lack of Knowledge.

2 weeks ago '16        #35
BraveSoleXIII 
space
space
space
Props total: 3832 3 K  Slaps total: 795 795
Lol idk man. He handled it well. But my blood is boiling right now because I wanna reach in to my phone and choke that guys life out of him. Slap that stupid smug look off his fu*kin face. When someone says or does something and you literally cannot do sh*t about it without risking your freedom. Smh.

2 weeks ago '18        #36
Sandyy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 23965 23 K  Slaps total: 6032 6 K
 LegendaryLegend said
Some prof in school tried to ask me that - i asked him if he was offended when his parents used to say it the whole class started laughing:

Then he hit the like "howd this ****** know"

And never asked me another question again.

2 weeks ago '05        #37
youngvito18 
space
space
Props total: 11609 11 K  Slaps total: 2868 2 K
Man you can tell.some white people try to find a reason to use the word without coming off racist

The way he stretches out that word he put like 7 more "g's" in there
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #38
Katagatame 
space
space
Props total: 1665 1 K  Slaps total: 195 195
 Bandito said

Cavett was usually a good interviewer. He looked like a fool here.
I get what Cavett was TRYING to say here but he should've NEVER implied he could write in a black voice because he hung around plenty of blacks.

Cavett was right about Diasporans switching from standard/proper english to patoi/creole/pigeon english etc.

We do have our own vernacular and have always had it since being here in America. This play into ADOS lineage and we should not be ashamed of it!

AAVE/ Ebonics etc have received negative conotations because not speaking "proper" english was another way to justify seeing us as less intelligent.

2 weeks ago '11        #39
GrindPOWER$  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 36122 36 K  Slaps total: 7920 7 K
 Turfaholic3 said
I grew up in a region where I saw white kids call other white kids n*ggas. Word has zero power in The Bay.
some white folks grew up around blacks can't help it but they better know not all black folks gonna let it slide.

2 weeks ago '10        #40
Bandito 
space
space
Props total: 34768 34 K  Slaps total: 4711 4 K
 Grisly said
ima have to go find this whole episode now smh

they woulda fried this motherfu*ker in 2020 and rightfully so
The whole interview is on YouTube. Broken up into like 3 parts to maximize ad revenue. The Cavett Show's YouTube channel really got some gems on there if you look through it. He was on the air for decades and had interviewed pretty much everyone worth interviewing during that time.
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  30
Image(s) inside Jan 23 - Chinese Market Coronavirus Outbreak Sold Live Koalas, Snakes,..
152 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  24
Jan 23 - NYC 12 release footage of a bar backout that got deadly
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-40online now  19
Video inside Dam Florida , He's Only 13
135 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  7
Image(s) inside Ebro: "Says Eminem Treats Rap How Black People Have To Treat Life, Be ..
340 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy