Soo the joker is overrated as hell.....

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 weeks ago '14        #26
B Murda 
space
space
space
Props total: 2428 2 K  Slaps total: 361 361
I liked the movie. I think some people don't like it because it wasn't action packed and filled with shooting and explosions. And just because Heath's joker is better doesn't mean joaquin is bad. They both were great
+9   

2 weeks ago '11        #27
xArchangeLx 
space
space
Props total: 2702 2 K  Slaps total: 798 798
It's a cool watch with some good acting but it's slow and I def ain't watching that sh*t again
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #28
Black Don 
space
space
space
Props total: 99 99  Slaps total: 4 4
 CrossRoads99 said
Didn't bother to see in theatre because it didn't intrigue me enough to go. Figured I'd wait to watch when it released on digital... Don't get me wrong the movie is decent and I can appreciate Joaquin Phoenix dedication to the role. I get the message about mental health blah blah but to say this movie is one of the best movies made of the last decade like some people have been already praising? Hell no. This movie I gave about a 3.5 it is a very slow burn so I honestly don't think I could even watch it again. And I certainly would not say I prefer Phoenix joker over ledger's joker. That's my two cents do with it as you will.
On some M. Night Shamaylan sh*t

2 weeks ago '10        #29
pacman45 
space
space
Props total: 13054 13 K  Slaps total: 523 523
I was wondering when this would start popping up on here. Its like you cant like anything these days without people just coming through to ruin your day lol

2 weeks ago '16        #30
Tiger Wood 
space
space
space
Props total: 3189 3 K  Slaps total: 828 828
 Igmon said
Ledger's Joker k*lled cops, judges, and politicians. He found out people's weaknesses and used them against themselves. Like he says that people act moral but then when sh*t hits the fan they throw that out the window to survive. Money doesn't matter so you don't have anyway of gaining power over him. He's an agent of chaos exposing the world to its own hypocrisy and laughing at how people can't see it. I don't get where you get that he was just a homeless type. Arthur seems more like the homeless type of he wasn't living with his mother. He k*lls people because they are bullies. Kinda a lame excuse. He starts a cult that he has no hand in based on what others perceive his actions to mean. Plus the whole thing could be a dream anyway.
Money doesn’t matter to him? He k*lled all his partners during a bank heist to cut them out. You don’t need power over him, because he had no power.
He was a lone wolf kind of guy. More like a lone terrorist than a real foe for Batman.
That scene where he walks into the gangsters meeting with nothing but grenades under his jacket was total jokes
Maybe it was the writing , not the acting...but still, I felt nothing when he was on screen.

You’re right, Arthur also had the crazy homeless element. This difference is, it felt more real. And I think the k*lling people bc they’re bullies thing feels real, not lame...it’s something a psycho would actually do. Reminds me of that movie, Falling Down.

2 weeks ago '15        #31
Deuce2416 
space
space
Props total: 8352 8 K  Slaps total: 871 871
You can’t really compare Heath’s Joker to Joaquin’s. These are two completely seperate types of movies. Not even the same genre.

If you went into this movie looking for ways to fit this into som the DCU movieverse, you were watching it wrong
+6   

2 weeks ago '16        #32
Igmon 
space
space
space
Props total: 244 244  Slaps total: 36 36
 Tiger Wood said
Money doesn’t matter to him? He k*lled all his partners during a bank heist to cut them out. You don’t need power over him, because he had no power.
He was a lone wolf kind of guy. More like a lone terrorist than a real foe for Batman.
That scene where he walks into the gangsters meeting with nothing but grenades under his jacket was total jokes
Maybe it was the writing , not the acting...but still, I felt nothing when he was on screen.

You’re right, Arthur also had the crazy homeless element. This difference is, it felt more real. And I think the k*lling people bc they’re bullies thing feels real, not lame...it’s something a psycho would actually do. Reminds me of that movie, Falling Down.
Yes Arthur could fit more into real world events. I don't know how'd they be able to bring Batman into this without making it corny.

2 weeks ago '16        #33
Igmon 
space
space
space
Props total: 244 244  Slaps total: 36 36
 Tiger Wood said

He used the money to get the other robbers to betray each other which is ironic since all of them didn't end up with the money because they all were k*lled. It was the conceit that he used to Mastermind the bank robbery.
+3   

2 weeks ago '16        #34
Soo Special OG 
space
space
space
Props total: 23344 23 K  Slaps total: 4883 4 K
im not watching this goofy a*s sh*t

the previous jokers had a comic book feel to it. this a white man with mental issues like so many other white men who do mass k*llings

2 weeks ago '19        #35
Number5 
space
space
Props total: 1975 1 K  Slaps total: 914 914
 Big Tymerz said

+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #36
precys 
space
space
Props total: 13057 13 K  Slaps total: 1482 1 K
sh*t was dope as fu*k! I felt like I was watching a heavily influenced live version of Batman Animated Series Joker being created....Like an origins story of that specific Joker, if that makes sense

2 weeks ago '04        #37
FU2 
space
space
space
Props total: 46 46  Slaps total: 43 43
You only watched it once?

2 weeks ago '19        #38
maranello550 
space
space
space
Props total: 319 319  Slaps total: 38 38
 Tiger Wood said
I liked it.
If you have a beef with it, it’s because it wasn’t done in a comic book way and maybe it shouldn’t have been linked to the Batman story through the name.

OTOH, I think ledgers joker was overrated....for simple reason, I never for a second felt anything watching him...no chills, creepiness, fear, cringe, etc. Whole thing was just ...meh. Didn’t find him even a little scary or intimidating. Wasn’t a genius, or powerful, connected, or deranged enough...just a sketchy homeless guy type.
He was fine. But didn’t deserve the hype.

A psycho out of touch with reality like Phoenix is creepier on a deeper level. More unpredictable, and you dont know their limits. But from a movie point of view, prob not the best in a superhero movie. More like a Gacy or Dahmer story. Batman wouldn’t work in this movie at all. Too real for that sh*t.
The joker movie is up there when it comes to a story telling anti hero film.I do not even think that it is fair to compare it to any of the marvel films.I like the fact that there was no superheros in the movie.

2 weeks ago '13        #39
Ethernine 
space
space
Props total: 3250 3 K  Slaps total: 994 994
 Tiger Wood said
I liked it.
If you have a beef with it, it’s because it wasn’t done in a comic book way and maybe it shouldn’t have been linked to the Batman story through the name.

OTOH, I think ledgers joker was overrated....for simple reason, I never for a second felt anything watching him...no chills, creepiness, fear, cringe, etc. Whole thing was just ...meh. Didn’t find him even a little scary or intimidating. Wasn’t a genius, or powerful, connected, or deranged enough...just a sketchy homeless guy type.
He was fine. But didn’t deserve the hype.

A psycho out of touch with reality like Phoenix is creepier on a deeper level. More unpredictable, and you dont know their limits. But from a movie point of view, prob not the best in a superhero movie. More like a Gacy or Dahmer story. Batman wouldn’t work in this movie at all. Too real for that sh*t.

How the fu*k is yall saying this should not be link to batman? YALL fu*kING BUGGIN!

this movie gave reason and understanding to Joker!

it made joker seem human and then the reason why he laughed was fu*king FRESH AND SICK AT THE SAME TIME cause u don't know if that n*gga really laughing or in pain or pissed off that sh*t gave great reason for the laugh cause u don't know wtf coming after.

then the batman play was fu*king dope!!!!

this whole movie to me gave me a understanding of the joker and why he wanna fu*k batman up... truth i don't really like batman much

Last edited by Ethernine; 01-12-2020 at 02:23 AM..

2 weeks ago '15        #40
majorpain1963 
space
space
space
Props total: 2830 2 K  Slaps total: 278 278
If you've seen the movie and comparing Heath Ledger's Joker to Phoenix's... You missed the point.
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #41
Sluggernaut  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 11563 11 K  Slaps total: 1485 1 K
in order to appreciate the movie you have to watch directors commentary

they basically wrote out a movie about a sick individual

and they were like, okay this person is sick, how do we get people in theatres to watch this sick person

and someone said, well let’s make him the Joker

and that’s basically what it is
+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #42
Aquarella 
space
space
Props total: 710 710  Slaps total: 156 156

2 weeks ago '05        #43
rashcobar 
space
space
Props total: 6852 6 K  Slaps total: 1590 1 K
 Airtight said
You can sum up the movie with the stairs dancing scene. If you were really into watching Jaoquin flail about like Elaine Bennett at a party on some steps you probably thought the rest of the movie was amazing too. I wasn't. It's like everything DC does that's not made by Christopher Nolan, okayish.

I hate to say it but Chris Pratt still has the best white man dancing in a comic movie.
Maybe in comic book moviez but in all flicks it's prolly this guy

2 weeks ago '18        #44
HoopLife88 
space
space
space
Props total: 13645 13 K  Slaps total: 1873 1 K
Ready for the sequel

2 weeks ago '15        #45
Minkscobar!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 17875 17 K  Slaps total: 5006 5 K
Just saying...

2 weeks ago '16        #46
Ghostface Killa 
space
space
Props total: 6939 6 K  Slaps total: 1090 1 K
 HeyChico said
Joker is a classic off this scene alone

That scene has all the same sentiments of a school shooter. Good job exposing yourself

U and everyone who liked your post

2 weeks ago '16        #47
Ghostface Killa 
space
space
Props total: 6939 6 K  Slaps total: 1090 1 K
 AllahMaxedPower said
These same people that hate this movie would love it if it was some indie movie with unknown actors. There always has to be someone.
And the same people who love it get no pum pum, never figured out how to deal with bullies, and have mass shooter ideals bcuz they think the world owes them something

2 weeks ago '19        #48
HeyChico  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x55
space
space
Props total: 18525 18 K  Slaps total: 11587 11 K
 Ghostface k*lla said
That scene has all the same sentiments of a school shooter. Good job exposing yourself

U and everyone who liked your post
Duh that’s what joker does.. he does mass murders

2 weeks ago '16        #49
Tiger Wood 
space
space
space
 Ethernine said
How the fu*k is yall saying this should not be link to batman? YALL fu*kING BUGGIN!

this movie gave reason and understanding to Joker!

it made joker seem human and then the reason why he laughed was fu*king FRESH AND SICK AT THE SAME TIME cause u don't know if that n*gga really laughing or in pain or pissed off that sh*t gave great reason for the laugh cause u don't know wtf coming after.

then the batman play was fu*king dope!!!!

this whole movie to me gave me a understanding of the joker and why he wanna fu*k batman up... truth i don't really like batman much
Nah, it’s because he seemed more like a serial k*ller who calls himself the joker (like son of Sam), than a comic book super villain. If Bruce Wayne’s dad wasn’t in it, there would be no reason to believe it had anything to do with the comics.
Based on this movie, Batman’s time would be better spent going after gangs and organized crime by professional criminals than fooling with this deranged psycho, of whom there are probably hundreds in that city.
It’s a good story and fascinating movie. I just can’t picture it linking in with the Batman movies, hope they prove me wrong.

Last edited by Tiger Wood; 01-12-2020 at 08:53 AM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #50
Tiger Wood 
space
space
space
 HeyChico said
Duh that’s what joker does.. he does mass murders

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+138online now  45
Been watching new, tributes, memorials of Kob all day, figured a bit out
51 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+88online now  28
Image(s) inside King Los Checks Comedian Tony Hinchcliffe For Disrespecting Kobe Bryant
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+79online now  17
Article inside There’s some weird energy in Hollywood right now
165 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+82online now  13
Kobe and Wife Vanessa Had a Deal That They Would Never Fly on a Helicopter..
173 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy