Jan 2 - You can now legally buy marijuana in Illinois

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 weeks ago '06        #1
919 page views
28 comments

RAZAH CUTS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
space
space
Props total: 50384 50 K  Slaps total: 7579 7 K
Jan 2 - You can now legally buy marijuana in Illinois

Illinois is the second state in the Midwest to allow recreational marijuana sales.

With the start of the new year, Illinois became the second state in the Midwest to allow recreational marijuana sales.

Illinois, where the legislature and governor passed a law to legalize marijuana in 2019, let stores start selling marijuana for recreational purposes on January 1, 2020. According to the Chicago Tribune, 37 marijuana stores in the state were licensed and able to open with the start of 2020.

In Illinois, anyone age 21 or older can purchase and possess marijuana. The state is licensing retailers and others along the supply line — although, as in other states, local jurisdictions can opt out of sales. About 40 local jurisdictions have done so, according to the Tribune.

Lt. Gov. Juliana Stratton (D) was among the first to buy marijuana this week, purchasing pot gummies at a Chicago store.

Meanwhile, Gov. JB Pritzker (D), who signed the legalization law, granted more than 11,000 pardons for low-level marijuana offenses on December 31 — fulfilling a promise that the new law would stop not just future marijuana arrests and convictions but undo previous ones as well.

Illinois previously allowed the use and sale of marijuana for medical purposes.

Illinois was the second state in the Midwest to legalize, following Michigan, where sales for recreational use began in December. Nine other states and Washington, DC, have legalized marijuana, although one of those states, Vermont, and DC don’t allow sales for recreational use.

Supporters of legalization argue that it eliminates the harms of marijuana prohibition: the hundreds of thousands of arrests around the US, the racial disparities underlying those arrests, and the billions of dollars that flow from the black market for illicit marijuana to drug cartels that then use the money for violent operations around the world. All of this, legalization advocates say, will outweigh any of the potential downsides — such as increased cannabis use — that might come with legalization.

Opponents, however, claim that legalization will enable a huge marijuana industry that will market the drug irresponsibly. They point to America’s experiences with the alcohol and tobacco industries in particular, which have built their financial empires, in large part, on some of the heaviest consumers of their products. This could result in more people using pot, even if it leads to negative health consequences.

visit this link https://www.vox.com/polic .. eational-sales
+6   

best
worst
28 comments

4 weeks ago '15        #2
MemphisBleek 
space
space
Props total: 4397 4 K  Slaps total: 2158 2 K
70 for a 3.5 tho.

My mans gone charge me $60 for a 7, $50 if he is in a good mood.
+3   

4 weeks ago '05        #3
bi0 
space
space
Props total: 10516 10 K  Slaps total: 1061 1 K
Nicca already posting how trash legalization has been...

+10   

4 weeks ago '12        #4
FrescoB  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 44060 44 K  Slaps total: 7574 7 K
Just came from Chicago, was laughing at the prices ya'll paying

Still $200 a zip for top shelf around here
+5   

4 weeks ago '18        #5
Mr Tibbs 
space
space
Props total: 2666 2 K  Slaps total: 397 397
heavy smokers better learn how to grow or find a better plug.
+2   

4 weeks ago '17        #6
Drknockbootz 
space
space
Props total: 1905 1 K  Slaps total: 69 69
 bi0 said

I was just gonna say I seen them taxes I'm just hoping Florida allow ppl to grow their own sh*t but I doubt it
+3   

4 weeks ago '05        #7
bi0 
space
space
Props total: 10516 10 K  Slaps total: 1061 1 K
The only good thing that comes from legalization is decriminalization. If you making illegal money in the pot game it’s no need to go legal cause government oversight/taxes have went overboard.
+6   

4 weeks ago '04        #8
Antman187 
space
space
Props total: 166 166  Slaps total: 52 52
Illinois will be in the Black by June...I don't smoke but I would suspect that this weed is safe without all the bullsh*t they add to it and the best around town... The weedman don't have shyt on this...
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #9
deziking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 14700 14 K  Slaps total: 1925 1 K
Yeah imma wait man. fu*k them taxes. $65 for 3.5g gtfoh.
+5   

4 weeks ago '19        #10
BaviBan 
space
space
Props total: 818 818  Slaps total: 51 51
Hope VA is next Probably not though
+1   

4 weeks ago '09        #11
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
space
space
Props total: 152256 152 K  Slaps total: 18984 18 K
 bi0 said

$60 a 1/8 before the taxes and fees

anytime state govement legelizes something it always taxes the sh*t out of the industry so politicians can get rich smh
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  4 weeks ago '07        #12
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
space
space
Props total: 121670 121 K  Slaps total: 12679 12 K
 BaviBan said
Hope VA is next Probably not though
@

+2   

4 weeks ago '15        #13
thirssty58 
space
space
Props total: 27681 27 K  Slaps total: 4273 4 K
No vaseline
+4   

4 weeks ago '19        #14
PolloFrito 
space
space
Props total: 1313 1 K  Slaps total: 98 98
 bi0 said

DUDE WHAT.

Again, just buy a tent, a clone, 600 watt HPS, water every other day, check ph with a meter, follow directions on nutes. Get a fan too. Humidifier/ dehumidifier would be good too, but not necessary.
Get an autoflower so you can't fu*k up the lighting.

Big POT is sh*t.
It's a literal WEED.
Easy as sh*t to grow.
+3   

4 weeks ago '15        #15
edub911 
space
space
space
Props total: 2769 2 K  Slaps total: 589 589
 FrescoB said
Just came from Chicago, was laughing at the prices ya'll paying

Still $200 a zip for top shelf around here
$250 but hey lol
+1   

4 weeks ago '15        #16
Bonaparte 
space
space
Props total: 3435 3 K  Slaps total: 224 224
 PolloFrito said
DUDE WHAT.

Again, just buy a tent, a clone, 600 watt HPS, water every other day, check ph with a meter, follow directions on nutes. Get a fan too. Humidifier/ dehumidifier would be good too, but not necessary.
Get an autoflower so you can't fu*k up the lighting.

Big POT is sh*t.
It's a literal WEED.
Easy as sh*t to grow.

Sounds like you speak from experience, would something like this have everything a bx'er would need? Would you know how much more the light bill is a month? Been thinking about this for a short while just haven't researched it properly

4 weeks ago '18        #17
ChrisPartlowFro 
space
space
Props total: 8763 8 K  Slaps total: 1192 1 K
Only people surprised at the prices and taxes are out of towners.

If you’ve ever been to chicago/crook county, and spent any money you know our taxes are fu*king outlandish.
The whole time they sold this to the public they never discussed enforcement and taxes which is always a tell. I expect them to be ruthless with fining people in entertainment districts AND at concerts because the paperwork will now be effortless.

Anyway the only products that probably should be bought through legitimate sellers in the case of cartridges. Literally everything else can feasibly be produced in-house or through an illicit supply chain without putting yourself at risk. If you don’t move like a cop. Went to check out a dispensary with the crew and two cartridges (.5 each) ran me 140 after menu said it’d be 100. Cotdamn.
Feels like a hood gas station: can look but touch nothing.

Nothing like Vegas or CO.

Last edited by ChrisPartlowFro; 01-03-2020 at 09:53 AM..

4 weeks ago '10        #18
REG773 
space
space
space
Props total: 27293 27 K  Slaps total: 7185 7 K
 ChrisPartlowFro said
Only people surprised at the prices and taxes are out of towners.

If you’ve ever been to chicago/crook county, and spent any money you know our taxes are fu*king outlandish.
The whole time they sold this to the public they never discussed enforcement and taxes which is always a tell. I expect them to be ruthless with fining people in entertainment districts AND at concerts because the paperwork will now be effortless.

Anyway the only products that probably should be bought through legitimate sellers in the case of cartridges. Literally everything else can feasibly be produced in-house or through an illicit supply chain without putting yourself at risk. If you don’t move like a cop. Went to check out a dispensary with the crew and two cartridges (.5 each) ran me 140 after menu said it’d be 100. Cotdamn.
Feels like a hood gas station: can look but touch nothing.

Nothing like Vegas or CO.
Im close to 1....the line stays backed up down and around the corner...all the ppl i see are goofies....paying that much for small a*s amounts;

Im good with $25 kds and $50 7s

Most plugs about to start having the top notch because theyll be plugged
+1   

4 weeks ago '18        #19
ChrisPartlowFro 
space
space
Props total: 8763 8 K  Slaps total: 1192 1 K
 REG773 said
Im close to 1....the line stays backed up down and around the corner...all the ppl i see are goofies....paying that much for small a*s amounts;

Im good with $25 kds and $50 7s

Most plugs about to start having the top notch because theyll be plugged
So right, lotta weed hypes.
+2   

4 weeks ago '17        #20
92baby 
space
space
Props total: 35752 35 K  Slaps total: 5586 5 K
 Antman187 said
Illinois will be in the Black by June...I don't smoke but I would suspect that this weed is safe without all the bullsh*t they add to it and the best around town... The weedman don't have shyt on this...
Weed man have better prices better rep

And no lines

But you keep telling yourself nonsense

+2   

4 weeks ago '19        #21
PolloFrito 
space
space
 Bonaparte said

Sounds like you speak from experience, would something like this have everything a bx'er would need? Would you know how much more the light bill is a month? Been thinking about this for a short while just haven't researched it properly
It comes down to Kw/H so it's hard to say because their is variance depending on where you live.
You would be paying less than 50$ a month, I'd say, and that's generous. It also depends on how many plants you have, because you'd need more wattage/ bigger bulb and possibly more ballasts.
I'm partial to micro grows and cycles, so if you have 3 I'd say you'd be all set with a 600 watt.
If you do full indoor and keep up with it, you can get an oz. including trim per plant. So you'd be looking at a little more than 2 ozs., for 3 plants. That's conservative. Your first grow could be as little as 10 grams per plant, full weight, but don't be dissuaded.

If you own land that's a super game changer and makes it way cheaper. It's still a great value to do full indoor though.
+1   

4 weeks ago '19        #22
PolloFrito 
space
space
 Bonaparte said

Edit: That kit isn't bad, the carbo. filter is nice if you are worried about smell. Stay away from LED bulbs. High Pressure Sodium is a better look.
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #23
Greenghost2212 
space
space
Props total: 2041 2 K  Slaps total: 591 591
 bi0 said
The only good thing that comes from legalization is decriminalization. If you making illegal money in the pot game it’s no need to go legal cause government oversight/taxes have went overboard.
n*ggas like you are idiots 😂. This the perfect time to sell if you do because of the taxes smh. Especially if you ain't selling no bullsh*t. It's legal now to carry an ounce on you at ALL TIMES.

2 weeks ago '14        #24
Greenghost2212 
space
space
Props total: 2041 2 K  Slaps total: 591 591
 92baby said
Weed man have better prices better rep

And no lines

But you keep telling yourself nonsense

But can u pick and choose which strain you want tho?

2 weeks ago '17        #25
92baby 
space
space
Props total: 35752 35 K  Slaps total: 5586 5 K
 Greenghost2212 said
But can u pick and choose which strain you want tho?

If it’s some garbage I don’t want it I’m a people person

I’m good at least 4 states legal and illegal

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+175online now  50
Been watching new, tributes, memorials of Kob all day, figured a bit out
61 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-31online now  36
Prophet of God predicts a sudden death of major b-ball player back in 2011
37 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+81online now  36
Article inside There’s some weird energy in Hollywood right now
171 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+83online now  19
Kobe and Wife Vanessa Had a Deal That They Would Never Fly on a Helicopter..
181 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy