Reasons why you shouldnt go to Church

most viewed right now
+16  69
1344 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section wild 'ish

2 weeks ago '12        #51
Bravo Golf 
space
space
space
Props total: 7777 7 K  Slaps total: 599 599
 Frankie Needles said
You Christianity confused with Catholicism but yeah don't learn facts, let your hate come from a place of ignorance
But isn't Catholicism a form of Christianity?
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #52
kingankh713 
space
space
Props total: 313 313  Slaps total: 94 94
 Kid Astronaut said
This is what happens when heathen infiltrate our books.

The bible was a record of events kept by a specific group of people called israelites. How this sh*t eneded up as a whole bunch of religions? Well the roman catholic church of course. They even created islam *wink wink too much sauce*

Christianity is a doctrine accepted by constantinople during the Nicene Creed. n*gga basically said we gone rock with the christos deity story because it fits our roman tradition better than a story of a hebrew peacekeeper and law giver. Boom. now we worship on the same day as the romans celebrate Mithras the sun god. Paul the apostle conceded a lot of hebrew laws to a*similate with the roman culture.

Bottom line is the book is read as a completely different form of literature than what it was initially inteded for. It was a record book for a SPECIFIC geoup of people.

Now the question is....what is so special about these damn israelites that would make most major religions sprout from their books?
Bruh we are not no damn Israelites

2 weeks ago '08        #53
stead21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 6214 6 K  Slaps total: 1241 1 K
Nobody knows d*ck about sh*t. The End.
+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #54
Eddie..|M 
space
space
space
Props total: 3631 3 K  Slaps total: 906 906
Whoever made that tweet in the op needs to reread the Bible
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #55
Kid Astronaut 
space
space
Props total: 2782 2 K  Slaps total: 536 536
 kingankh713 said
Bruh we are not no damn Israelites
speak for yourself, i did my research already.
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #56
A2iink 
space
space
space
Props total: 3 3  Slaps total: 1 1
Behind every church there is a legitimate business in which they funnel the money through to avoid taxes. So fu*k churches, they do not pay taxes like the rest of the hard working people in this country. Religion is poison, create your own future and live your life as you want.
+2   

2 weeks ago '11        #57
GrindPOWER$  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 36045 36 K  Slaps total: 7909 7 K
gods great
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #58
Teknicks 
space
space
Props total: 22417 22 K  Slaps total: 3887 3 K
 DeadendBoy said
I can’t pay the entry fee disguised as “tithes”
At a real church tithes are encouraged but no one keeps track warn people. And there is complete transparency so you see what programs your money is going to and can actually see the difference your money is making.

Are there bad churches? Of course the Catholic church is evil and a cult and barely follows the Bible imo. But man is evil. Not the institution. Auto repair shops are not inherently evil, just the ones ran by evil people. So obviously you use your common sense and go to shop that puts their values over a dollar. You find a church the same way you find a place to get your car fixed.
+7   

2 weeks ago '19        #59
blessings  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x81 OP
space
space
space
Props total: 18556 18 K  Slaps total: 20287 20 K
 A2iink said
Behind every church there is a legitimate business in which they funnel the money through to avoid taxes. So fu*k churches, they do not pay taxes like the rest of the hard working people in this country. Religion is poison, create your own future and live your life as you want.
When I worked fast food there was a church who came on a weekly basis for a mass ordering of pizzas. They had a paper work with credits to punch it for tax write offs
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #60
Losantana16x3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 6442 6 K  Slaps total: 1352 1 K
 Kid Astronaut said
The sabbath is not always friday or saturday, or any other specific day of the week. We are supposed to be following the lunisolar calendar.

Sabbath lines up for thursday for this month

What app is that?

2 weeks ago '06        #61
yumflip 
space
space
Props total: 5489 5 K  Slaps total: 553 553
 titans7 said
It didn't make sense to keep going when you are a super nice always honest drug free virgin who volunteered at church and in the community and not only were you not getting blessed, your life was hell on earth just one bad thing after another and its not just you because God has blessed the descendants of slaveowners and not the descendants of slaves. We didn't even get reparations but this evil country continues to keep getting blessed and stay on top.

Not only do you never get blessed no generation of your family has been blessed you dont even know any black people personally who have truly bern blessed you have 90 year old great grandmothers who pray 9 times a day and were in church every Wednesday and weekend but a self hating tapdancing sellout like Kanye thinks a God who loves black people chose to bless him instead.

Church is like voting they expect black people to keep being loyal and submissive while we never get blessed or tangibles but we see everyone else winning big with god and the government's help.
The church I belong to is considered a bougie church by some of the older, lifelong people in the community. Two mayors of the city (Charlotte) have been members. Anthony Foxx & Vy Lyles. A lot of "successful" people go there. But these are people who don't let their material successes define their "blessings" for the most part. Some do of course, but that's not a common thing in the people I have interacted with. And even those people still aren't exempt from the struggles you can't see. The ones that $ can't make go away.
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #62
Johnny Tapwater 
space
space
Props total: 5403 5 K  Slaps total: 775 775
It's not what you do. It's WHY you do it.

Some people need that direction. However, those that do, don't need to speak on the people that don't.
+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #63
Nv1130 
space
space
space
Props total: 100 100  Slaps total: 19 19
 PrematureCome said
Tithes was more than just fruit and vegetables. It was animals and even at times human life. Currency didn't hold value until the Romans came along. Yes currency exist before the Roman however most people in the bible own livestock, servants and food. Nowadays currency hold more value than livestock and food.
---
Acts 7:48 "However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:"

Acts 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

This could be interpret in multiple ways but it's best to go back a couple passages to gain some context.
---
The Sabbath being Friday is true...if you're Jewish. In Christianity , Christ/Jesus is the center. So the Sabbath is on the day Jesus resurrected. Which is (or believed to be) Sunday. Each of the three Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Islam and Christianity) have their Sabbath on different days because those days a significant event occurred.
---
You have no understanding of scripture at all. How can you get 3 days and 3 nights from Friday to Sunday morning? The sabbath is the seventh day of the week which starts at Friday sunset and ends Saturday sunset. Christ rose Saturday night which is why when Mary came Sunday morning he was gone. Christ resurrection has no dictation over the day the sabbath falls on since it was established before he even stepped on the scene.
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #64
Nv1130 
space
space
space
Props total: 100 100  Slaps total: 19 19
 Kid Astronaut said
The sabbath is not always friday or saturday, or any other specific day of the week. We are supposed to be following the lunisolar calendar.

Sabbath lines up for thursday for this month

No the sabbath is always from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. The moon has no bearing on the days only the months. How can the moon dictate the sabbath when time had begun to be kept before the moon was created?
+5   

2 weeks ago '11        #65
BtMkRs 
space
space
Props total: 12108 12 K  Slaps total: 1305 1 K
Grandmother used to force me to go with her to a popular church where we grew up .
hateful , fake people

At 13 she said I can make my own choice .
Never Ever EVER been back .. except the time I got tricked into church
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #66
Hollywood 
space
space
space
Props total: 3267 3 K  Slaps total: 607 607
Mainstream christianity was fused with Paganism to make it more acceptable to the main stream and also to hide its secret. In reality, it's supposed to be very similar to Judaism except they worship the messiah that had risen, this is how the original disciples and early Christian communities worshipped. Once Rome legalized it many pagan traditions became priority over the original (Saturnalia aka Christmas aka Solstice Celebration, etc)
+4   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #67
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 80076 80 K  Slaps total: 35562 35 K
 WightAroundYo said
I’m agnostic now, and I think “church people” and or Christians are the most judgemental people
Every thread on Christianity on boxden shows me otherwise. It's literally atheists talking sh*t about religion and religious people everytime a thread gets made. Sorta reminds me how "straight" people are the first ones in gay threads making them go 10 pages. If y'all feel this way about these topics why y'all continue posting in the threads pertaining to them over and over saying the same thing.
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #68
Timberwolves  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 17332 17 K  Slaps total: 2255 2 K
 Frankie Needles said
What churches do y'all go to, because literally EVERYTHING you said is false, and is tinted in hate. I'm guessing because you prayed for something and didn't get it. But that's the issue, you think GOD is the Genie of the lamp here to grant your wishes, and NO WHERE in the bible is GOD billed in such away.

But let's get to specifics you said you can't remember a sermon that actually encouraged people to take action or anything, and I'll say either you're lying or you didn't go to a real church because the bible clearly says

James 2:14-26 English Standard Version (ESV)
Faith Without Works Is Dead
14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good[a] is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.........26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

Translation, just praying for something and hoping on it without working or putting effort into making it real doesn't work. But you were probably home sick that day the sermon was about this

As an educator, you should be looking for the most rational explanation for things around you. And tell me, what makes more sense that randomly a meteor struck the planet and all the different forms of life and their complexities just started happening and coming into being, and then after a few million years evolution stopped or slow to an almist unnoticeable pace? You mean the smart answer to how the world is, is that randomly our internal organs and their functions happened. What about how we sustain ourselves. You mean to tell me that we just knew not to eat grass the same as we could lettuce, and we just knew that eating grass would offer no sustinance to us, even though cows, horses, etc can live off of it.
OR
Wouldn't doesn't the accord of GOD giving Adam the basic run down of the planet, telling him what was here for decoration (tree bark) and what was here for food (Apples).

Your last paragraph proves my point

A loving GOD showed the first people what they needed to know, he guided them.

But let me stop, No amount of logic is going to change your mind. You didn't get that red ryder bb gun when you were 10 and that proves there is no GOD because if HE was real, HE'd have made sure you got it and didn't shoot your eye out
Lazy pastors out there making church about money and not really doing what they’re supposed to be doing got these people disbelieving the obvious truth that there is no way that this world was created randomly without a creator.

Good post

2 weeks ago '17        #69
PackerTrelli3 
space
space
Props total: 19425 19 K  Slaps total: 7506 7 K
What God allows people to just run up in “his house”, shoot the sh*t up and k*ll people?? Your God can’t even protect you there!!

That’s why all that sh*t is a joke. Dying over something not even proven to be true... coulda been at home be more productive

But getting k*lled over a man or being you never seen or know to exist. Dying over faith. Smh
+1   

2 weeks ago '08        #70
Solitary Genius 
space
space
Props total: 7338 7 K  Slaps total: 1500 1 K
amazing how one can say "aint the church built by humans hands?" in one breath but turn around and forget that one God is a human idea as well

2 weeks ago '17        #71
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 22195 22 K  Slaps total: 3941 3 K
Cuz they shooting

2 weeks ago '19        #72
dbz1220 
space
space
space
Props total: 134 134  Slaps total: 9 9
My Grandma want me start going to church last year w her, aunt, cousins. I remember going as kid and it was so youthful, but now there mainly elderly in the church. Most of the kids who went there now are grown and doesn't go there. Because there members who will be judgement and legit talk about someone personal business in a testimony.

BTW pastor always been a good dude someone who will listen and care about others. There times me and my cousins legit hold back from laughing in the church during certain people trying to sing.

During one day a fine lightskin girl came and sit upfront of me. When the service was over I walking to the car, then my cousin ran up beside me saying ''DAMN THAT bi*ch GOT A FAT a*s'' lol
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #73
T Town84 
space
space
Props total: 5827 5 K  Slaps total: 277 277
As a devoted church goer, it amazes me how one cant see some of the benifits of going.. Its like we take the worst church/experience and generalize the entire People and movement to justify why we dont believe or wanna go.. Not all followers are equal, not every church is the same, yet we're painted that way. To me it looks and sounds as if the perspective comes from someone who's never really gone, or tooken the faith seriously.. Im sure their are certaintly exceptions tho..

One thing I believe is people/critics are missing is the importance of Fellowshipping with other followers.. Ive grown a lot in my Faith by being involved in the church/ministry. Not too mention the building of life long relationships with individuals who hold me accountable. And I do them aswell along with prayer, reading, and discussing theology ect.. And we're called to do this.. Church can be had anywhere (the people).. Bible studies, and praise and worship ect, and in many churches they arent just had at one location.. We're called to reach non believers and we have the ability to reach others..

Sitting at home(assuming your a believer)or simply at church and not spreading the word has its limitations.. If the world doesnt come to us (which most wont) we're still called to reach them regardless..

Romans 10:14:15
But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? 15 And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent?

What Im trying to say is there are many who would prefer to sit at the comfort of their own home.. Read their bibles casually, and watch Sermons online.. While there are benifits, personally I dont feel we're called to simply do that.. Imo this also keeps us isolated, creates a strong probability of stunting our growth, and also just creating a very casual christ like Walk.. And as a Christian imo, this puts us in a prime situation to be criticized the most, and keeping us in a place where the word wants to believe we are as a whole.. Not going to church, not knowing the word, not caring about those outside of the faith and those that are lost, and not showing grace and love to everyone ect.. The world/skeptics wants to SEE us do these things and some wants to see us not do these things To justify their non belief.. If God calls us to display these things, and many wants to see them.. Why are many of us at home doing the lease amount we can do, limiting what god calls us to do?

Just my thoughts tho

+6   

2 weeks ago '18        #74
WeedCanuckman 
space
space
Props total: 9567 9 K  Slaps total: 3765 3 K
 WightAroundYo said
I’m agnostic now, and I think “church people” and or Christians are the most judgemental people
Agnostic bruv same

2 weeks ago '13        #75
BLACK MAMBA 
space
space
Props total: 5984 5 K  Slaps total: 2185 2 K
 Rule 336 said
Every thread on Christianity on boxden shows me otherwise. It's literally atheists talking sh*t about religion and religious people everytime a thread gets made. Sorta reminds me how "straight" people are the first ones in gay threads making them go 10 pages. If y'all feel this way about these topics why y'all continue posting in the threads pertaining to them over and over saying the same thing.
every other posts is literally “omg religious people are so judgemental” and these atheist be the only ones judging people
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+30online now  48
Lil Durk's Artist OTF DEDE Gets Violated on Cam!
344 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+29online now  24
Video inside Banking while black
41 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+37online now  16
Video inside Martin Was Definitely Fxcking