Reasons why you shouldnt go to Church

most viewed right now
+16  68
1346 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section wild 'ish

2 weeks ago '05        #26
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
Props total: 4484 4 K  Slaps total: 309 309
had too many experiences at many of those places where people just seemed to tamed, too excited, and sometimes displayed some judgemental, sort of prejudice "testimonies" (black folks always needing a white person to save them and basically make enough progress just to not be in the worst of situations but the white people can always do it with the help of their jesus and have life-changing success.

one place this lady caught the holy ghost at the same time every Sunday, pastor of that church living lavishly...people buying his expensive books and donating money to his cause..not for anything else

from my experience, too many of these people are lost...they would close their eyes and 100% let faith lead and guide them through life
+5   

2 weeks ago '05        #27
lamarowns 
space
space
Props total: 4870 4 K  Slaps total: 982 982
lol I went to church with this fine a*s lost sister who paid 100$ in tithes at a mega church, I slick lost all hope when I confirmed the extra 0 wasn't a typo
+8   

2 weeks ago '16        #28
Frankie Needles  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 15785 15 K  Slaps total: 4647 4 K
 Bravo Golf said
During my adolescent years going to church with my mom, I began to realize that the vast majority of churchgoers lives didn't progress much over that time period. Looking back as to why, it's because they believed that prayer fixes everything, and that simply believing and praying to God will make thier desires come through. I can't remember a sermon that actually encouraged people to take action for anything.

I get equally annoyed when I see social media posts from people trying to be inspirational. As an educator, one whose job it is to inspire the next generation, I believe that it's best to show someone how to do something, then actively guide them as they do it until they prove they can do it by themselves. Unfortunately, I've never seen a pastor exhibit that type of active leadership, although I'm sure there are some who do.
What churches do y'all go to, because literally EVERYTHING you said is false, and is tinted in hate. I'm guessing because you prayed for something and didn't get it. But that's the issue, you think GOD is the Genie of the lamp here to grant your wishes, and NO WHERE in the bible is GOD billed in such away.

But let's get to specifics you said you can't remember a sermon that actually encouraged people to take action or anything, and I'll say either you're lying or you didn't go to a real church because the bible clearly says

James 2:14-26 English Standard Version (ESV)
Faith Without Works Is Dead
14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good[a] is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.........26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

Translation, just praying for something and hoping on it without working or putting effort into making it real doesn't work. But you were probably home sick that day the sermon was about this

As an educator, you should be looking for the most rational explanation for things around you. And tell me, what makes more sense that randomly a meteor struck the planet and all the different forms of life and their complexities just started happening and coming into being, and then after a few million years evolution stopped or slow to an almist unnoticeable pace? You mean the smart answer to how the world is, is that randomly our internal organs and their functions happened. What about how we sustain ourselves. You mean to tell me that we just knew not to eat grass the same as we could lettuce, and we just knew that eating grass would offer no sustinance to us, even though cows, horses, etc can live off of it.
OR
Wouldn't doesn't the accord of GOD giving Adam the basic run down of the planet, telling him what was here for decoration (tree bark) and what was here for food (Apples).

Your last paragraph proves my point
I believe that it's best to show someone how to do something, then actively guide them as they do it until they prove they can do it by themselves
A loving GOD showed the first people what they needed to know, he guided them.

But let me stop, No amount of logic is going to change your mind. You didn't get that red ryder bb gun when you were 10 and that proves there is no GOD because if HE was real, HE'd have made sure you got it and didn't shoot your eye out
+5   

2 weeks ago '08        #29
supervillain  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 5456 5 K  Slaps total: 1392 1 K
 Mvpmania said
The “church” is the congregation of the israelites, wherever we are.

Period
Try convincing those same people that they are Israel...they will deny and say they are Christian
+8   

2 weeks ago '13        #30
THEDONN 
space
space
Props total: 40341 40 K  Slaps total: 11726 11 K
The real temple is this glob of meat you're in..

We can praise the most high anywhere

fu*k a man made church

stay woke tho

Last edited by THEDONN; 01-02-2020 at 08:00 AM..
+9   

2 weeks ago '19        #31
blessings  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x81 OP
space
space
space
Props total: 18556 18 K  Slaps total: 20287 20 K
 BathWaterMelody said
thread sucks.

Stats proves that narrative is false I literally run this site

2 weeks ago '16        #32
Strong Side Iso 
space
space
Props total: 16296 16 K  Slaps total: 2776 2 K
I watch Daily Mass on YouTube.

It has some good food for thought. Not religious so much but more humanistic.

Daily mass is the only thing I listen to during the day that tells me to be grateful. I need to balance out my mind.
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #33
FalconBuddha 
space
space
Props total: 4967 4 K  Slaps total: 776 776
 All Star Flow said
They the worst bro they think Going to church and doing confessionals gives them a valid excuse to be morally fu*ked up.

I stay away from church goers especially Christians the worse I swear
The last part of that really bothers me. It's funny how Christians get that rep and it's ok to bash them, when in reality, the really devout people of all religions are just as bad. You ever felt with an overly religious Muslim? Those dudes try to force the Quran down your throat and if you don't fu*k with it, they will want to f*ght you. Jews are the most judgement condescending people you'll meet.they still think they are gods chosen people and if you ain't one of them, then fu*k you!
But no, it's only the Christians than people will bash, because they know there's no repercussions. People are legit scared to say anything negative about Muslims or Jews. It's much like how it's completely ok to bash white people 24\7 but if you make fun of any other group of people, your life\career is done

And btw, I'm not white or religious, and I'm not defending Christians, I'm saying all religious people are fu*ked up, but you only hear about one
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #34
Mizzorati 
space
space
space
Props total: 0 0  Slaps total: 1 1
Love what you love! , its all
Love

2 weeks ago '14        #35
titans7 
space
space
Props total: 33752 33 K  Slaps total: 5901 5 K
It didn't make sense to keep going when you are a super nice always honest drug free virgin who volunteered at church and in the community and not only were you not getting blessed, your life was hell on earth just one bad thing after another and its not just you because God has blessed the descendants of slaveowners and not the descendants of slaves. We didn't even get reparations but this evil country continues to keep getting blessed and stay on top.

Not only do you never get blessed no generation of your family has been blessed you dont even know any black people personally who have truly bern blessed you have 90 year old great grandmothers who pray 9 times a day and were in church every Wednesday and weekend but a self hating tapdancing sellout like Kanye thinks a God who loves black people chose to bless him instead.

Church is like voting they expect black people to keep being loyal and submissive while we never get blessed or tangibles but we see everyone else winning big with god and the government's help.
+7   

2 weeks ago '05        #36
Sub Crazy 
space
space
Props total: 7126 7 K  Slaps total: 797 797
 blessings said

fu*k a website.

Go run your household
+15   

2 weeks ago '16        #37
BathWaterMelody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 43940 43 K  Slaps total: 6275 6 K
 blessings said

congrats on your "stats" b

yikes.
+16   

2 weeks ago '17        #38
Jazoloso 
space
space
space
Props total: 839 839  Slaps total: 111 111
 KING SOULJA said
I went to church as a kid but stopped going. Then I went back years later to a Pentecostal church cus of this girl I was fuking and watching those people hoop and holler blabbering nonsense talking about the holy spirit infected them made me realize religion is a joke. I’m sure god is real. But I don’t think he gives a fuk if we go praise his name and sing songs about him once a week whilst donating money that poor god or Jesus never even gets to spend.
I was in a similar situation. Religion is a huge joke. And it just divides ppl. Plenty of those church goers walk around with their noses up as if they are better than others. FOH. Those are the ppl that snekkid me the most
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #39
bkkid92 
space
space
Props total: 9016 9 K  Slaps total: 634 634
I was never into church growing up. My mom always took me but I was never interested in it. I was that kid taking a nap or playing GameBoy during service. Just hoping that the reverend would let us out in time for the Giants game to start

I even had a f*ght in church once as a teen in front of the reverend, preacher, choir, families, everybody

Why I don't go is because football & basketball are on sundays. Sundays are my chill days.

I believe in a higher power & I'm not against church or anyone going but it's just not my thing.
+10   

2 weeks ago '17        #40
Wavegawd 
space
space
Props total: 3140 3 K  Slaps total: 544 544
The bible isnt a religious book. Its an account of people and how they should live. The church does alot of things the bible doesnt ascribe to. The ______ man attached Christianity to the bible and combined various pagan beliefs with it shyts a joke. But do NOT for 1 second think the most high isnt real. "Jesus" as American negros call him, did not preach christianity
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #41
space
space
Props total: 24098 24 K  Slaps total: 3004 3 K
 FalconBuddha said
The last part of that really bothers me. It's funny how Christians get that rep and it's ok to bash them, when in reality, the really devout people of all religions are just as bad. You ever felt with an overly religious Muslim? Those dudes try to force the Quran down your throat and if you don't fu*k with it, they will want to f*ght you. Jews are the most judgement condescending people you'll meet.they still think they are gods chosen people and if you ain't one of them, then fu*k you!
But no, it's only the Christians than people will bash, because they know there's no repercussions. People are legit scared to say anything negative about Muslims or Jews. It's much like how it's completely ok to bash white people 24\7 but if you make fun of any other group of people, your life\career is done

And btw, I'm not white or religious, and I'm not defending Christians, I'm saying all religious people are fu*ked up, but you only hear about one
I understand your point but you must remember the demographic that you are responding to, most are in western nations where xtianity is most common flavor of Abrahamic bullsh*te.

But you are right, they're all pretty terrible and there is no evidence that it makes people or societies better.

2 weeks ago '04        #42
SeanP 
space
space
Props total: 2087 2 K  Slaps total: 287 287
If God lived on Earth people would be breaking his windows and slashing his tires.
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #43
Qbert 
space
space
Props total: 14788 14 K  Slaps total: 1505 1 K
 WightAroundYo said
I’m agnostic now, and I think “church people” and or Christians are the most judgemental people
Those people aren't Christians though. You can paint yourself green and paint your eyes black doesn't mean your an alien.

This is a huge misconception and the OP is right. I haven't been to Church in years and will not go. Even in the time the Bible was written the apostles were thrown out of churches and were misfits.

What 12 men and Jesus trying to convert the world. What makes you think the condition of the church would get better when it clearly says things will get worse.

You probably don't know any Christians. You think you do but you probably don't.

2 weeks ago '15        #44
He Hate Me 
space
space
Props total: 20312 20 K  Slaps total: 2034 2 K
 WightAroundYo said
I’m agnostic now, and I think “church people” and or Christians are the most judgemental people
All beliefs are judgmental even atheists

Christians are the most hypocritical tho
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #45
Qbert 
space
space
Props total: 14788 14 K  Slaps total: 1505 1 K
Also Christianity is like a walk on the dark side of life. It's really a spiritual lineage kind of like a heritage left behind by your father for his sons and daughters. You should think of it that way. A lot of people use church as an excuse to get away with their sh*t.

That doesn't mean the belief is wrong at it's core - that means the people who are trying to promote it are using it incorrectly.

Not all people do that - there are some people who are just put into the world to witness. Almost like God drops a court reported into the world put his spirit in him and is able to judge the masses by how they treat this person.

When you read the Bible it shows that God has his people there for a purpose and the world has theirs for another purpose. Those two purposes are usually opposed.

Most of those high up in the church do things to blaspheme God and they know clearly what they are doing. It's almost like following tradition to the letter, then adding in your own twist that is hard to detect. It's like the ultimate middle finger.

The church been infiltrated in the days of Jesus and you guys think that's where God's strength and favor lies?

Some of you need to wake the fu*k up.
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #46
theidiotlamper 
space
space
Props total: 1399 1 K  Slaps total: 412 412
If you create your own destiny with words in this world then theres no force as powerful as church and religion.

Whether you believe its true or not isnt the point, fact is its embedded in our nation and is the basis of tons of people's lives.
+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #47
Poetparagraph 
space
space
space
Props total: 488 488  Slaps total: 55 55
My spirit was led away from church a very very long time ago. Now as a man I see, by the grace of The Most High. If anyone reads the Bible and has a true understanding, they'll see that it's not a religious book....it's a history book. Catholic church and Christianity were born in Rome. The Europeans werent even introduced to the word till after Christ came. This means that over 90% of the Bible the word wasn't even amongst them. Europeans are called "heathens" in scripture. So why take a remix religion derived from a people who've always been and still are pagan? This is why they incorporated their pagan deities into everything (days of the week & months & planets all named after pagan gods). They changed the new year to January in honor of janus. God clearly states in scripture that Abib is the beginning of all months....which is in spring.... Lol I mean come on doesn't it just make more sense for the new year to begin while new life is blossoming??? They say Christ bday is Xmas, that's been proven false. Christ himself said that no sodomites would be allowed in the kingdom, but you see flags on many churches. Also Bible speaks about Asherah Poles and how they're pagan...but many church steeples have Asherah poles... God also says to study and show yourself approved. Christian and Catholic churches hold service every week but never speak about the Israelites....when the entire book is about the history of the Israelites.
+8   

2 weeks ago '17        #48
DrOTGenesis 
space
space
space
Props total: 2896 2 K  Slaps total: 530 530
If most people knew how Christianity was forced down the throat of people in Africa and slaves, they would see the flaws in the religion.

I believe religion has its perks in society and is definitely good for some people but honestly it ain’t for everyone so y’all need to stop forcing that sh*t down people’s throats.

Last edited by DrOTGenesis; 01-02-2020 at 06:46 AM..
+6   

2 weeks ago '12        #49
Bravo Golf 
space
space
space
Props total: 7777 7 K  Slaps total: 599 599
 Frankie Needles said
What churches do y'all go to, because literally EVERYTHING you said is false, and is tinted in hate. I'm guessing because you prayed for something and didn't get it. But that's the issue, you think GOD is the Genie of the lamp here to grant your wishes, and NO WHERE in the bible is GOD billed in such away.

But let's get to specifics you said you can't remember a sermon that actually encouraged people to take action or anything, and I'll say either you're lying or you didn't go to a real church because the bible clearly says

James 2:14-26 English Standard Version (ESV)
Faith Without Works Is Dead
14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good[a] is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.........26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

Translation, just praying for something and hoping on it without working or putting effort into making it real doesn't work. But you were probably home sick that day the sermon was about this

As an educator, you should be looking for the most rational explanation for things around you. And tell me, what makes more sense that randomly a meteor struck the planet and all the different forms of life and their complexities just started happening and coming into being, and then after a few million years evolution stopped or slow to an almist unnoticeable pace? You mean the smart answer to how the world is, is that randomly our internal organs and their functions happened. What about how we sustain ourselves. You mean to tell me that we just knew not to eat grass the same as we could lettuce, and we just knew that eating grass would offer no sustinance to us, even though cows, horses, etc can live off of it.
OR
Wouldn't doesn't the accord of GOD giving Adam the basic run down of the planet, telling him what was here for decoration (tree bark) and what was here for food (Apples).

Your last paragraph proves my point

A loving GOD showed the first people what they needed to know, he guided them.

But let me stop, No amount of logic is going to change your mind. You didn't get that red ryder bb gun when you were 10 and that proves there is no GOD because if HE was real, HE'd have made sure you got it and didn't shoot your eye out
How are you going to call my personal experiences, things that I've witnessed with my own eyes, false? The thread is basically asking why some of us don't go to church, and I gave my reasons.

You're jumping to a lot of conclusions. You a*sume I prayed for something that I didn't get, and that's why I'm jaded. I personally was never the praying type, hence my disinterest in the religious practice. I always bowed my head respectfully, of course, but I never believed that the practice itself was going to lead to anything tangible.

You also make references to the Big Bang Theory. Show me where I state that I believe in such a theory. I actually believe in a Creator. I just don't believe it went down exactly how it's written in Genesis.

And your entire post proves another point I want to make: that you hardcore religious fanatics are another reason that some stop going to church. You basically are spazzing out at me as if I personally insulted you or your family or something. You're free to believe whatever it is you want to believe. I have never been the type of try to dissuade anyone from attending church, reading a religious text, or praying. Those are just practices that I personally don't participate in.

Last edited by Bravo Golf; 01-02-2020 at 06:37 AM..

2 weeks ago '10        #50
Nautilus O  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 22389 22 K  Slaps total: 3438 3 K
I stopped going to church because these n*ggas in here reading Aesop’s fables and asking you for money.

I don’t debate religion or politics with anyone. Feel free to believe what you believe just don’t talk to me about it, because I’m going to tell you that I don’t believe in any organized religion and you being a zealot will internally combust because I won’t engage in debating fairy tales with you.

None of us have the answers, we just all trying to figure it out.
+8   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+29online now  45
Video inside Banking while black
46 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+30online now  38
Lil Durk's Artist OTF DEDE Gets Violated on Cam!
344 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+38online now  29
Video inside Martin Was Definitely Fxcking
62 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-90online now  15
10 Facts About the 90's Spider-Man Cartoon