TENET Trailer Premiere 🔥🔥🔥🔥

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
29 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '12        #76
cal classick 
space
space
Props total: 18548 18 K  Slaps total: 637 637
Ricky aka John David Washington

I'm in there
+1   

1 month ago '07        #77
Rico23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 23845 23 K  Slaps total: 2471 2 K
 dymablink said
Whats this game about?

A lot gameplay was based in Time and space manipulation. A dope game with a good story that was unfairly criticized

1 month ago '06        #78
SM  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4 OP
space
space
Props total: 141146 141 K  Slaps total: 28590 28 K
 dymablink said
The tagline ĎTime Runs Outí backwards is ĎOutruns Timeí

+1   

1 month ago '18        #79
ChrisPartlowFro 
space
space
Props total: 8727 8 K  Slaps total: 1182 1 K
 Exs said
Retrocausation. Omega Point.

Spent 5 minutes on Googe and can you synthesize the Omega Point aspect for me? I get it, kind of, just not sure how it plays into the plot potentially?

That retrocausality?
+2   

1 month ago '04        #80
Exs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 48677 48 K  Slaps total: 11685 11 K
 ChrisPartlowFro said
Spent 5 minutes on Googe and can you synthesize the Omega Point aspect for me? I get it, kind of, just not sure how it plays into the plot potentially?

That retrocausality?
The WW3 mentions in the trailer.... and it being worse than nuclear holocaust.

For whatever reason I think Nolan is talking black holes/black hole manipulation for some reason.... dont ask me why lol... i just feel it

So anyways... the Omega Point posits that human ascension into a higher state of existence will occur... when time runs out/the edge of time... I know im being greedy here but Im hoping all of my favorite scientific beliefs are realized on the big screen in this movie.
+3   

1 month ago '18        #81
ChrisPartlowFro 
space
space
Props total: 8727 8 K  Slaps total: 1182 1 K
 Exs said

For whatever reason I think Nolan is talking black holes/black hole manipulation for some reason.... dont ask me why lol... i just feel it

So anyways... the Omega Point posits that human ascension into a higher state of existence will occur... when time runs out/the edge of time... I know im being greedy here but Im hoping all of my favorite scientific beliefs are realized on the big screen in this movie.

1 month ago '06        #82
space
space
 Exs said

1 month ago '12        #83
Mickey Bricks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 8831 8 K  Slaps total: 1099 1 K
 dymablink said
This got an Inception vibe with a modern mix of North by Northwest.

I smell another masterpiece. Nolan bout to be the first with 2 Magnum Opuses
 90sVibe said
Which one is the Magnum opus... Inception or TDK ?

I personally think he has two and is going for a third

He's already got 4 in the bag...

Memento
TDK
Inception
Interstellar

...and it'd be tough to argue with anyone who put 'The Prestige' on that list as well. Nolan is THE

Last edited by Mickey Bricks; 12-23-2019 at 05:54 AM..
+3   

3 weeks ago '06        #84
space
space

+1   

3 weeks ago '05        #85
klew 
space
space
Props total: 4374 4 K  Slaps total: 699 699
 Mickey Bricks said
He's already got 4 in the bag...

Memento
TDK
Inception
Interstellar

...and it'd be tough to argue with anyone who put 'The Prestige' on that list as well. Nolan is THE
Oh prestige going on that list plair
+2   

2 weeks ago '11        #86
dymablink  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
space
Props total: 9344 9 K  Slaps total: 2945 2 K
From reddit:

Tenet as a bridge between two parallel universes that experience time in opposite directions.

I have another theory about how "time travel" in Tenet could work. This is a revisitation of an earlier idea that there are two parallel universes that run in different directions in time, relative to one another. What this means is that if someone from a given time-line jumps into the other one, they experience everything else as happening in reverse. That is what I think the significance of Tenet is as a concept: that the bridge between parallel universes/timelines take you 10 days (or it could be minutes?) into the "future" of the other time-line but it eventually catches up to the moment in which you made that jump. What you experience is essentially jumping 10 days (or minutes?) into the future, and from that moment you experience the future returning to the present (time moving in "reverse"). This ability gives you two advantages: 1) You see what happens in your own time-line's future, so when you return to your original moment of crossing over and experience the next ten days in the forward direction, you already know what's going to happen. But what's even more powerful than simply knowing the future is 2) the ability to actually effect your own time-line by doing things in the other backwards time-line. Let's use the prologue as an example; that mysterious SWAT guy who saved JDWs life with the reversing bullet. He jumped forward 10 days ahead and prevented JDW's death by shooting the SWAT guy. The reason the shooting happens in reverse is because we are seeing things from JDW's perspective, so the time-jumping mystery SWAT guy and everything he does will be in reverse relative to everything else going on around us.

It turns out the best way to think of the time travel concept in TENET is looking at the letter "N" as a symbol representing the two timelines (vertical parts of the letter) joined by a bridge that takes you into the future of the other time-line (the diagonal line adjoining the two vertical sides).
+6   

2 weeks ago '07        #87
ptwist 
space
space
Props total: 13847 13 K  Slaps total: 1353 1 K
 Airtight said
Better. I can't stand McConaughey or really movies about someone doing crazy sh*t for their kids. This is Nolan's best movie imo. Saw it on a rerelease because it was so popular and took my mom.

I was thinking it was going to be like an 8 or 8.5 and it was a 10/10.
That docking scene is my top 3
jaw dropping moment at a theatre for me. No homo but Nolan made everyone a bust a nut at the theatre. The tension building, the score, the fu*kING SCORE, and MMís performance... I remember everyone in their seats gasping for air.

2 weeks ago '07        #88
ptwist 
space
space
Props total: 13847 13 K  Slaps total: 1353 1 K
 Rico23 said
These are the vibes I'm getting

Still havenít beat the final stage in that game and Iíve had it for years

2 weeks ago '17        #89
Lazy 
space
space
space
Props total: 11988 11 K  Slaps total: 1428 1 K
 dymablink said
From reddit:

Tenet as a bridge between two parallel universes that experience time in opposite directions.

I have another theory about how "time travel" in Tenet could work. This is a revisitation of an earlier idea that there are two parallel universes that run in different directions in time, relative to one another. What this means is that if someone from a given time-line jumps into the other one, they experience everything else as happening in reverse. That is what I think the significance of Tenet is as a concept: that the bridge between parallel universes/timelines take you 10 days (or it could be minutes?) into the "future" of the other time-line but it eventually catches up to the moment in which you made that jump. What you experience is essentially jumping 10 days (or minutes?) into the future, and from that moment you experience the future returning to the present (time moving in "reverse"). This ability gives you two advantages: 1) You see what happens in your own time-line's future, so when you return to your original moment of crossing over and experience the next ten days in the forward direction, you already know what's going to happen. But what's even more powerful than simply knowing the future is 2) the ability to actually effect your own time-line by doing things in the other backwards time-line. Let's use the prologue as an example; that mysterious SWAT guy who saved JDWs life with the reversing bullet. He jumped forward 10 days ahead and prevented JDW's death by shooting the SWAT guy. The reason the shooting happens in reverse is because we are seeing things from JDW's perspective, so the time-jumping mystery SWAT guy and everything he does will be in reverse relative to everything else going on around us.

It turns out the best way to think of the time travel concept in TENET is looking at the letter "N" as a symbol representing the two timelines (vertical parts of the letter) joined by a bridge that takes you into the future of the other time-line (the diagonal line adjoining the two vertical sides).
@
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #90
Essentials72 
space
space
Props total: 267 267  Slaps total: 38 38
I feel like he saw Dark and got inspired and knew he could sell it in America cause it's a German show. I'm excited nonetheless

2 weeks ago '19        #91
Airtight 
space
space
Props total: 2327 2 K  Slaps total: 279 279
 ptwist said
That docking scene is my top 3
jaw dropping moment at a theatre for me. No homo but Nolan made everyone a bust a nut at the theatre. The tension building, the score, the fu*kING SCORE, and MMís performance... I remember everyone in their seats gasping for air.
I skipped it in theaters because I hated McConaughey that much. Same reason I skipped Tropic Thunder for so long, I can't stand Jack Black or McConaughey. Ended up watching Interstellar at home in bed with my girl.

Huge mistake. Like I said, I expected a good movie but this might be the pinnacle of an extremely talented director's career. I was able to catch it on 70mm on rerelease

It was beautiful
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #92
dymablink  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
space
Props total: 9344 9 K  Slaps total: 2945 2 K
 Airtight said
I skipped it in theaters because I hated McConaughey that much. Same reason I skipped Tropic Thunder for so long, I can't stand Jack Black or McConaughey. Ended up watching Interstellar at home in bed with my girl.

Huge mistake. Like I said, I expected a good movie but this might be the pinnacle of an extremely talented director's career. I was able to catch it on 70mm on rerelease

It was beautiful
It was but everything after the Tesseract was kinda ehh. Def the weakest ending in a Nolan film.

2 weeks ago '04        #93
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 12323 12 K  Slaps total: 2096 2 K
 dymablink said
It will somehow tie into the Inception universe. Maybe the twist will have Dicaprio pop up and turns out he been Inceptioning John David Washington the whole time
Funny you said that because after seeing Michael Caine in the trailer I thought Batman was gonna busting out of a bldg window or some sh*t...lol!!!
Definitley Nolan's style and handy work through out trailer....

Last edited by marcchrome; 01-13-2020 at 11:33 PM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #94
space
space
 Lazy said
@
The simple word (for now) that explains all of this is RETROCAUSATION but I understand it doesn't roll off the tongue. Working on it.

Great read and great breakdown btw!
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #95
Lazy 
space
space
space
Props total: 11988 11 K  Slaps total: 1428 1 K
 Exs said
The simple word (for now) that explains all of this is RETROCAUSATION but I understand it doesn't roll off the tongue. Working on it.

Great read and great breakdown btw!
I tagged you because it's different from retrocausation and seems to be a better fit given the trailer

The movie it's playing around with relativity more than anything based on that leak
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #96
space
space
 Lazy said
I tagged you because it's different from retrocausation and seems to be a better fit given the trailer

The movie it's playing around with relativity more than anything based on that leak
hmmm.

I'm following and all ears. I just keep reverting back to the tagline.

TIME RUNS OUT

that could play into the parallel worlds converging and if so then I'm there

maybe retrocausality is more of just a tool that can be used by these "agents" to correct what's happening.

There's that scene in the trailer that stands out where they're talking about World War III and JDW's character mentions " Nuclear Holocaust" and the female lead says " Worse" .

I've been thinking about what that could be insinuating and came up with everything from black hole collapsing to time convergence.

personally i'm hoping it's all in one!

and I'm feeling like it is

1 week ago '04        #97
teezee 
space
space
Props total: 4 4  Slaps total: 1 1
Nolan is a master of time exploration, he's obsessed with the concept of time, as he should be. A good majority of the subject matter in his filmography is based around time (outside of Dunkirk, The Dark Knight Series and The Prestige). Time is probably the single most impactful thing to anything alive. For this reason he makes really good thought provoking and entertaining movies. Most definitely the goat.

1 week ago '16        #98
YKing 
space
space
Props total: 25369 25 K  Slaps total: 1650 1 K
 Airtight said

It was beautiful
I didnt like MM too, that was until i watched True Detective

1 week ago '16        #99
YKing 
space
space
Props total: 25369 25 K  Slaps total: 1650 1 K
 dymablink said
From reddit:

they mentioned a bridge in Interstellar-
watch the first 15 seconds

1 week ago '07        #100
kuntree_swagger 
space
space
Props total: 617 617  Slaps total: 63 63
So everything backwards... tenet

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  32
Image(s) inside Jan 23 - Chinese Market Coronavirus Outbreak Sold Live Koalas, Snakes,..
152 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  26
Jan 23 - NYC 12 release footage of a bar backout that got deadly
136 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
-41online now  23
Video inside Dam Florida , He's Only 13
136 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  11
Image(s) inside BREAKING: YG ARRESTED AT HIS HOME For FELONY ROBBERY, B4 NIP GRAMMY TR..
94 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy