Jul 25 - Get your potential $375 dollars from the Equifax lawsuit settlement

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+129  52
64 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 months ago '08        #301
Lot17 
space
space
Props total: 2215 2 K  Slaps total: 685 685
 njacura32tl said
You lost. Could have got $375 if you read the post
I took a L too but hey at least I got something
+2   

6 months ago '09        #302
59fifty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 27129 27 K  Slaps total: 4865 4 K
 PurpleRain said
Nice got my check for $125 on the way gonna grab two cartridges for my weed pen when it gets here!

Edit: I refiled and claimed the 10 hours hopefully they accept it. If not I still got a free $125 so fu*k it lol.
Dawg I filled the other day but I need to go back and put the 10 hrs what did you use for explanation
+1   

6 months ago '13        #303
Murker99 
space
space
Props total: 5484 5 K  Slaps total: 886 886
Got me me....

+1   

6 months ago '18        #304
PurpleRain 
space
space
Props total: 5156 5 K  Slaps total: 374 374
 59fifty said
Dawg I filled the other day but I need to go back and put the 10 hrs what did you use for explanation
Said someone got into my accounts and I had to spend multiple hours on the phone over several days totaling to 10 hours of work.
+1   

6 months ago '05        #305
Dun Language  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 74591 74 K  Slaps total: 21329 21 K
I'll take 125
+2   

6 months ago '17        #306
OozeTheOracle 
space
space
Props total: 11187 11 K  Slaps total: 2132 2 K
I opted for the credit monitoring

6 months ago '18        #307
Eyesofchaos 
space
space
Props total: 4070 4 K  Slaps total: 2992 2 K

+2   

6 months ago '08        #308
tdnupe3 
space
space
Props total: 34344 34 K  Slaps total: 2317 2 K
I filed for the $125, plus the money from me working a little over 9 hours checking accounts and verifying things with creditors (LOL).

I really wish I would have opted for the credit monitoring though. I say that because I don't think they will pay people 125. I feel like they may have set a certain amount aside for this purpose and no matter how many people sign up, they are going to keep that amount the same.

Meaning, if only a few thousand people signed up, they probably would have gotten the 125, but since so many people signed up, I think they will send people their "portion" of the "settlement". So, I expect a check for like .30 (yes, 30 cents). When I could have gotten free credit monitoring for all three of the credit companies.

Just my opinion though. I could be wrong.
+1   

6 months ago '06        #309
ehizzy3 
space
space
Props total: 3442 3 K  Slaps total: 356 356
I wasn’t impacted
+1   

5 months ago '08        #310
AC_89  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 42783 42 K  Slaps total: 2980 2 K
Just got a email about this but I didn’t see if I was impacted
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #311
Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x35 OP
space
space
Props total: 78090 78 K  Slaps total: 17521 17 K
Update 1/14/2020
Just a reminder to everyone that the deadline for applying for free credit monitoring due to the Equifax breach is Jan 22, so you have a week. The payout is going to be much less than the max of $125 per person more than likely, the monitor is much more appealing anyway.

-If you were affected (probably half of you were), you get monitoring and reports from all three credit bureaus for 4 years PLUS 6 years of Equifax monitoring and reports after that.

-Even if you were not affected, part of the settlement was for Equifax to provide US consumers an additional 6 credit reports per year for 7 years (in addition to your 1 free one from all three credit bureaus).

After you submit your claim it will seem like nothing happens, but they can't "give awards" until the final approval is authorized by the courts, which will be Jan 23rd at the earliest. They will then send out activation codes with instructions.

You can start at to see if your eligible. It takes 3 minutes to click through and register to get coverage if you are affected. (A note: There are garbage people that have made fake Equifax breach settlement sites, so by all means start at the FTC.gov site and navigate on your own. This link is legit though if you trust a random stranger on the internet).
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #312
shortz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 4273 4 K  Slaps total: 2769 2 K
Did everyone get a check?
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #313
Kingz2 
space
space
space
Props total: 17833 17 K  Slaps total: 2425 2 K
Says I was impacted so I went with the free credit monitoring bc I don’t think they’ll actually pay out
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #314
Ricky Retardo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 27712 27 K  Slaps total: 2251 2 K
 Mr Scaramucci said
Update 1/14/2020
Just a reminder to everyone that the deadline for applying for free credit monitoring due to the Equifax breach is Jan 22, so you have a week. The payout is going to be much less than the max of $125 per person more than likely, the monitor is much more appealing anyway.

-If you were affected (probably half of you were), you get monitoring and reports from all three credit bureaus for 4 years PLUS 6 years of Equifax monitoring and reports after that.

-Even if you were not affected, part of the settlement was for Equifax to provide US consumers an additional 6 credit reports per year for 7 years (in addition to your 1 free one from all three credit bureaus).

After you submit your claim it will seem like nothing happens, but they can't "give awards" until the final approval is authorized by the courts, which will be Jan 23rd at the earliest. They will then send out activation codes with instructions.

You can start at to see if your eligible. It takes 3 minutes to click through and register to get coverage if you are affected. (A note: There are garbage people that have made fake Equifax breach settlement sites, so by all means start at the FTC.gov site and navigate on your own. This link is legit though if you trust a random stranger on the internet).
I forgot all about this sh*t. Took the settlement, I already have credit monitoring.

Did they send an email on this?
+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #315
Opinion 
space
space
Props total: 1084 1 K  Slaps total: 74 74
I had credit monitoring already and know better than to opt in to something without knowing what they can offer, do, and overall reliability especially something free. I briefly read about the monitoring, but questions that flew through my head were "what and where do they monitor?, How long?". That's not saying the free service they offer isn't good, but with ANY free service I try to usually read the fine print if I leaning towards getting it.

You gotta be real careful with that, the keyword here is Monitoring. Some services will let your credit get fu*ked by fraud and may send you a email or call afterwards with what they think is fraud AFTER its happened, but others will stop/hold an attempt on your credit that can potentially be fraud and contact you first BEFORE allowing it to go through, some banks even do this. Big difference. It all depends on what they do or can offer.

If I'm not mistaken you can call or set it up for free without this breach as well (I know military you can, but its pretty much just lockdown, no new credit and no one inquiring about your credit which is damn near impossible). Long term wise, I'm good with the service I got now.
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #316
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
space
space
Props total: 152180 152 K  Slaps total: 18976 18 K
 shortz said

nope...i think its a gift card instead of a check

these "accidental data breaches" are alwatys intentional. equifax should pay kevin mitnick to show them how to secure their systems

its 2020 and these companies probably still using windows xp
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #317
Newbie2019 
space
space
space
Props total: 623 623  Slaps total: 203 203
 Ricky Retardo said
I forgot all about this sh*t. Took the settlement, I already have credit monitoring.

Did they send an email on this?
I did my settlement, and I helped my mom do hers. We both qualified and have not received anything or heard anything back. This was like 5-6 months ago.
+4   

2 weeks ago '19        #318
FP1305 
space
space
Props total: 2414 2 K  Slaps total: 248 248
 NoLvstName said
"On the website, you can check whether you’ve been affected by the Equifax breach by inputting your last name and the last six digits of your Social Security number."

It says my information was not impacted by the breach

Was always worried someone was gonna be in Nicaragua with hella credit under my name

I wonder if I can still get that 125 tho
lol why would it be in Nicaragua tho? lol
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #319
Darell_ftb  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 86619 86 K  Slaps total: 10608 10 K
I'm still waiting too.
+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #320
Pikaboo 
space
space
Props total: 1665 1 K  Slaps total: 125 125
 shortz said
I received a check for $44.52 on 11/20/19
My original post in this thread giving props was 6 months ago.

@ Bless you! appreciate it.
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #321
Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x35 OP
space
space
Props total: 78090 78 K  Slaps total: 17521 17 K
 Pikaboo said
I received a check for $44.52 on 11/20/19
My original post in this thread giving props was 6 months ago.

@ Bless you! appreciate it.
Yes sirrrr!!! Happy for you brotha!
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+120online now  9
Kobe Has to be the New NBA Logo
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  9
Article inside Chadwick Boseman reportedly unhappy about Marvel's plans for a new Bl..
94 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  9
Heartbreaking: Video of Kobe Bryant's Helicopter Crash Site
75 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  3
I was at a Kobe game once. Has anyone else met him or seen him play in per..
90 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy