Tyler Perry Addresses His Critics for Writing his Own scripts

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
-24  73
42 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '19        #26
Mental Illness 
space
space
space
Props total: 3163 3 K  Slaps total: 3268 3 K
@ i'm a fan of yours
+1   

1 week ago '05        #27
GST 
space
space
Props total: 5335 5 K  Slaps total: 757 757
 LeG.O.A.T said
He writes for low hanging fruit. Hes a sh*t minstrel show writer. Straight garbage.
Damn. Son said low hanging fruit
+1   

1 week ago '06        #28
Celsius 
space
space
Props total: 3487 3 K  Slaps total: 920 920

Ask him to write a story about being a man in the closet that’s rich and also a narcissist.

1 week ago '04        #29
Young Fab 
space
space
Props total: 24335 24 K  Slaps total: 8215 8 K
I aint gon lie I watch The Oval and Sistas(cause of fine a*s KJ Smith) and I be like “this is horrible dialogue” lol

1 week ago '04        #30
Tha754kid 
space
space
Props total: 3652 3 K  Slaps total: 290 290
 KING SOULJA said
I don’t blame him for writing everything himself. If you want something done right, do it yourself.
Not to mention that's one less team you got to pay lol. If it ain't broke, why fix it.
+1   

1 week ago '19        #31
Elvis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 5766 5 K  Slaps total: 3599 3 K
 Mr Scaramucci said
I can't phantom not minding my own business.
I don't understand how people sit behind their computer screens and make a declaration that a man who has done a billion things for our community, is not doing enough.
"He needs to hire writers so black writers can be successful".
He's not stopping no one's ability to be successful.
Point blank period.

n*ggas always
1. In other people's business
2. Think they know what's best for everyone else
3. Always want someone to give out handouts

sh*t is annoying.
It's always unsuccessful people yapping their lips
+1   

1 week ago '19        #32
Elvis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 5766 5 K  Slaps total: 3599 3 K
 LeG.O.A.T said
He writes for low hanging fruit. Hes a sh*t minstrel show writer. Straight garbage.
+1   

1 week ago '08        #33
904Nole 
space
space
Props total: 11288 11 K  Slaps total: 1207 1 K
So all these dudes that write their own scripts and Perry is the one who has to deal with criticisms?
+2   

1 week ago '19        #34
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 11495 11 K  Slaps total: 3170 3 K
Maybe that's how he keeps costs down. If he does the writing, he doesn't have to pay writers.

Could also be a way for him to control 100% of the content.
+1   

1 week ago '11        #35
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 117903 117 K  Slaps total: 16824 16 K
I just want to know where he finds the time

1 week ago '04        #36
justinjones 
space
space
Props total: 19003 19 K  Slaps total: 1194 1 K
 904Nole said
So all these dudes that write their own scripts and Perry is the one who has to deal with criticisms?
M. Night exists

+3   

1 week ago '06        #37
"SS" 
space
space
Props total: 22827 22 K  Slaps total: 1522 1 K
I don't really watch his shows or movies, because the sh*t doesn't appeal to my demographic. I did love house of payne tho, but i have no choice but to respect what that man does. Black people are working because of this man, and people wanna criticize him because he ain't saved everybody yet. This goes back to that old saying that you can't please everyone. All of the critics fail to realize that he ain't gotta do sh*t that he's doing, but i guess you can never do enough. I say fu*k em and keep doin what you doin black man, the haters are just too dumb or too lazy to build what you built, and you owe no one anything.
+1   

1 week ago '14        #38
i shift organs 
space
space
space
Props total: 2948 2 K  Slaps total: 260 260
Tyler Perry has a 2 page thread on Boxden Y'all n*ggas actually watch a black dude in a dress for entertainment

1 week ago '18        #39
MayneThaTruth2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
space
Props total: 7036 7 K  Slaps total: 6504 6 K
 Petieparker said
He definitely need writers. His shows are laughably bad. Black women swear by his content though because it appeals largely to them no matter how bad the writing is.

Won't lie I watch the Have and Have nots with my wife and her Mother-in-Law just to laugh at how terrible the writing was. It's one of the best shows when your smoking too. LMAOOOOO sh*t was getting so bad that even my Wife and her Mother were like, "This is not good writing". LMAOOO

And the acting is so bad. Matter fact it's actors/actresses on the show that are terrible on this show but other shows outside of this they're actually good actors. Baffles my mind.
His writing aint really bad tbh, its just some of his shows lack professionalism like Power.

Power looks REALLY unprofessional and Tyler sh*t dont look as bad, but this is definitely a man who writes plays and puts them on tv and sometimes it doesnt translate.

Even his comedy shows, some of the improvisational banter feels out of place like it would work better in live theater.

But overall, he got the most diverse catalog of shows, diverse casts, sometimes he gets guys who cant act that good just to give them a shot. Thats dope that he gives people a chance, but it hurts his product allot.

All these white pretty boys, chocolate brothers, and lightskin muscle boys he put in his films and shows cant act that good but they got that star appeal. He just focus on how they look, and throw them all in his movies/shows.

1 week ago '17        #40
Petieparker 
space
space
Props total: 10349 10 K  Slaps total: 1103 1 K
 acegutta22 said
I think it's because of his theater style he tells people to pronunciate certain words certain ways and the overacting but I know exactly what you're talking about and I never even seen the haves and have nots because I've seen his other shows and movies and I thought the same thing myself
You know what, I never looked at it from that angle. Makes sense now.

DeadPresident said
Damn I watch it with my wife too lol shxt is predictable af lol we both noticed how they push the gay agenda hard in his shows.
I swear Veronica Harrington is the baddest villain in tv history. sh*t Thanos ain’t got sh*t on Veronica. Lmaooooo

1 week ago '16        #41
Mojunna 
space
space
Props total: 564 564  Slaps total: 105 105
Somebody gotta fill the role for generic black dramas. Why would he change now
+1   

1 week ago '16        #42
DeadPresident 
space
space
Props total: 3442 3 K  Slaps total: 1026 1 K
 Petieparker said
You know what, I never looked at it from that angle. Makes sense now.

I swear Veronica Harrington is the baddest villain in tv history. sh*t Thanos ain’t got sh*t on Veronica. Lmaooooo
+1   

1 week ago '11        #43
Tony Franks 
space
space
Props total: 9767 9 K  Slaps total: 1613 1 K
 acegutta22 said
I think it's because of his theater style he tells people to pronunciate certain words certain ways and the overacting but I know exactly what you're talking about and I never even seen the haves and have nots because I've seen his other shows and movies and I thought the same thing myself
I could imagine that. Theater is a bit different and I have heard dialogue in movies come across like theater acting (Mallrats).

I havent watched Tyler Perry shows or Madea movies to say if thats whats going on tho.

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  35
Image(s) inside Jan 23 - Chinese Market Coronavirus Outbreak Sold Live Koalas, Snakes,..
154 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-41online now  33
Video inside Dam Florida , He's Only 13
137 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  29
Jan 23 - NYC 12 release footage of a bar backout that got deadly