Jan 14 - Average FICO score hits record high—heres the average credit score in every state

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '14        #76
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
Props total: 23939 23 K  Slaps total: 5271 5 K
802 checking in. sh*t jumped 60 points when I paid my crib off.

+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #77
HeightsBound 
space
space
Props total: 14945 14 K  Slaps total: 1704 1 K
 GetYaCoinsKing said
Man i have little debt (1) $500 CC and 3 other cards fully paid off,
2 car loans fully paid off and the highest i can get is 755 WTF.

Its been like an invisible wall trying to get to the 800s and i want to do it without a tradeline since there are downsides to those. How did you do it?
I own a home, that is considered “good debt” and it shot my score up about 40 to 60 so points after ninety days.

I score went up once I surpassed a certain % paid off on my home balance and my current car loan as well.

Another thing I have going for me is I’m at zero inquiries, and my credit history average is at 5-6 years, and in that is a 15 year old Best Buy card. My credit utilization sit at 4%. I hustled that through keeping cards open I no longer use so my DTI stays low. I even got a $18K active CC that I don’t use but makes me look good.

I use my credit card like a debit card, so my payment history is A1.

Right now, here is how I’m sitting:

FICO: 833
Transunion: 814
Equifax: 811
Experian: 828

But don’t stress yourself to much man, all these banks and lenders have “max needed score” metrics for the consumer to get the best rate.

Example, my credit union, for you to get all their best rates all you need is a 731, so you and I would walk out with the same rate regardless.

You know?

Last edited by HeightsBound; 01-14-2020 at 08:46 PM..
+3   

2 weeks ago '13        #78
Commission 
space
space
Props total: 62244 62 K  Slaps total: 10808 10 K
Credit repair will have ya sh*t up in no time

2 weeks ago '11        #79
westsideknicks 
space
space
Props total: 2078 2 K  Slaps total: 466 466
 Mr Scaramucci said
Keep your credit cards open bruh, just don't make charges on them (or charge a very small purchase once every few months). The longer your cards are open, the higher your credit age. Now, you do have to make a financial decision in case you have any cards that have a AF (annual fee).
Thx bruh
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #80
nwking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 9643 9 K  Slaps total: 1343 1 K
The combination of cash and credit is what you want unless you just outright Rich and do not need credit
+2   

2 weeks ago '11        #81
Silencer 
space
space
Props total: 9055 9 K  Slaps total: 465 465
They changed the rules of credit to be alittle more lenient or theyre about to if they didnt already. They said that on the news a few months ago if im not mistaken

2 weeks ago '04        #82
SpyDa 
space
space
Props total: 5602 5 K  Slaps total: 720 720
 HeightsBound said
I own a home, that is considered “good debt” and it shot my score up about 40 to 60 so points after ninety days.

I score went up once I surpassed a certain % paid off on my home balance and my current car loan as well.

Another thing I have going for me is I’m at zero inquiries, and my credit history average is at 5-6 years, and in that is a 15 year old Best Buy card. My credit utilization sit at 4%. I hustled that through keeping cards open I no longer use so my DTI stays low. I even got a $18K active CC that I don’t use but makes me look good.

I use my credit card like a debit card, so my payment history is A1.

Right now, here is how I’m sitting:

FICO: 833
Transunion: 814
Equifax: 811
Experian: 828

But don’t stress yourself to much man, all these banks and lenders have “max needed score” metrics for the consumer to get the best rate.

Example, my credit union, for you to get all their best rates all you need is a 731, so you and I would walk out with the same rate regardless.

You know?
post was really helpful. About to move some stuff around to hit the 830 mark. We are pretty similar in history. I need to pay my cards off every month
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #83
space
space
Props total: 5910 5 K  Slaps total: 2031 2 K
Having an acceptable credit score exposes how fake society treats people who has something they want. When i had a 750+, i got all type
Of invitations to spend money. When i dropped down to 700(after using my credit), everything stopped. Sick life lesson if u ask me.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #84
Universalmind88 
space
space
space
Props total: 765 765  Slaps total: 187 187
Again on the dark web (prolly clear net now) u can get any negative thing erased off your credit report in a matter of hours

2 weeks ago '14        #85
JTDaPROducer 
space
space
Props total: 163 163  Slaps total: 41 41
 p-hill said
my credit score is high.. Why? Pay more than minimum on my balances, always pay on time (i have 100% payment history on all my cards for the last 10+ years they've been active), and i keep my card utilization at or below 10%

i use my credit to sell trade lines
pm me!

2 weeks ago '04        #86
Snipper 
space
space
Props total: 1454 1 K  Slaps total: 166 166
if you have a credit card with Capital one or Discover.
Make sure to ask for an increase in credit limit.
You will not get hit with a hard pull, I do it every 6 months, and it has helped me increase my credit limit over the years.
+3   

2 weeks ago '12        #87
HeightsBound 
space
space
 SpyDa said
post was really helpful. About to move some stuff around to hit the 830 mark. We are pretty similar in history. I need to pay my cards off every month
Make sure when you pay off your credit card you allow the balance to post so you can get credit on your payment history. I use to pay it off right, never allowing it to hit the statement balance and my score went down due to no payment history.
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #88
DATKIDD121  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
space
space
Props total: 26271 26 K  Slaps total: 10603 10 K
 Universalmind88 said
Again on the dark web (prolly clear net now) u can get any negative thing erased off your credit report in a matter of hours
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #89
eightytyson06 
space
space
Props total: 14384 14 K  Slaps total: 1115 1 K
Just copped a house and credit still #800gang

Came a long way from the college days.... but does everyone pay full amount or carry balance over and pay more than minimum

Last edited by eightytyson06; 01-15-2020 at 12:04 AM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #90
richmoneycash 
space
space
Props total: 8672 8 K  Slaps total: 584 584
 Snipper said
if you have a credit card with Capital one or Discover.
Make sure to ask for an increase in credit limit.
You will not get hit with a hard pull, I do it every 6 months, and it has helped me increase my credit limit over the years.

With Discover you can ask sooner, I was getting 2-4K Discover every 30 days right after my statement hit. I did that for a min. Now im usually at about 2K every 60 days.

Capital One I wait every 6

Amex is 90 days for your initial credit limit increase. If denied try again at 90 days. If approved try again in 6 months. Always ask for 3X your credit limit with Amex.

So if your initial credit line is 1K then as for 3K. If its 10K ask for 30K.

If you get up to 35K with Amex they may ask for income verification just hit the back button ask for 500 less until the income verification prompt goes away. Some people don't like sharing that information but if you don't mind you can go higher with them. Amex won't give you a hard pull for credit increases.
+4   

2 weeks ago '04        #91
fat_boyy21 
space
space
Props total: 4965 4 K  Slaps total: 814 814
I've had a score over 800 for a few years now

Always pay your bills on time, and try not to carry a balance from month to month

Never go over a 10% credit card utilization

Check your credit report at least once a year. Correct any errors and get rid of dormant accounts that are over 7.5 years old

Ask to get any penalties removed from delinquent accounts (not fool proof but there are tricks to do this)
+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #92
Di Warlord 
space
space
Props total: 20390 20 K  Slaps total: 1174 1 K
my sh*t is in the 750 range I don't own a home in the US, and I bought the two cars I've owned with cash.

What I do is pay my credit card balance in full every month (I do not want that interest hitting my sh*t).

just got approved for that Amex Platinum Delta card with 80k skymiles if I spend 2000 in the first three months

so, what I'll do is buy 1 gold coin and use it as a daily spender then cancel the card before the first annual fee
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #93
HeightsBound 
space
space

Get your full credit reports from all 3 credit bureaus from there.

2 weeks ago '04        #94
ItAlY2BkLyN 
space
space
Props total: 20173 20 K  Slaps total: 4500 4 K
 richmoneycash said
FICO 8 or FICO 9?

On Fico 8 I don't think my credit is old enough to hit 800.

I've done all the calculations and I've even cleared all of my inquires, got 100% pay history, credit utilization is less than 10% and I'm still not at 800.

I even tried the all zero except one(Azeo) method.

I know you're also supposed to have a loan under 10% also to reach maximum score and I got that too.

Only thing I can think of is that my oldest credit line isn't old enough. It's a 16 year old credit line.
The all zero thing won't help you as much as carrying a balance and showing on time payment history. I'm not sure if it's 8 or 9. I just know that when I bought my last whip, it came in at 810. Just talked to my mortgage broker about refi'ing our home and he pulled it and it was at 813. I know auto loans and mortgage loans pull it differently but not totally sure how.

Basically the best thing you can do is carry a balance on several different cards and make more than the minimum payment on time each month.

I actually went through a debt consolidation with a credit repair company after college back in '08-'12. I made the minimums on all my cards but my balances were too high to get ahead. After that it shot up and I've been clean ever since. Bought a home, remodeled it and sold it 4 years later. So paying off a $250k mortgage in 4 years also helps. I get a new whip ever 3-4 years or so, so it says I pay off 20-30k auto loans in less time as well. I'm sure that all helps.

Stick with it man.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #95
SpyDa 
space
space
Props total: 5602 5 K  Slaps total: 720 720
 HeightsBound said
Make sure when you pay off your credit card you allow the balance to post so you can get credit on your payment history. I use to pay it off right, never allowing it to hit the statement balance and my score went down due to no payment history.

So if I make a charge today, wait til it clears and the balance show.( A couple days) After that, I can pay it off? Will I still get hit with interest paying it this way?

2 weeks ago '04        #96
ItAlY2BkLyN 
space
space
Props total: 20173 20 K  Slaps total: 4500 4 K
 SpyDa said
So if I make a charge today, wait til it clears and the balance show.( A couple days) After that, I can pay it off? Will I still get hit with interest paying it this way?
If you make a purchase today, you won't have a balance due until next month (depending on when your renewal hits) So make the payment on it next month. And don't pay off the whole thing. Carry a balance over a period of time while making monthly payments on it.

So if you put $200 on your card today, and your minimum payment is $20, next month make a $40 payment. Then make another one the following month for $40 and maybe make another purchase as well. Carrying a balance and paying on it builds credit more than paying it off every month.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #97
Neg Mwen 
space
space
space
Props total: 7430 7 K  Slaps total: 541 541
 P-Hill said
My credit score is high.. why? Pay more than minimum on my balances, always pay on time (I have 100% payment history on all my cards for the last 10+ years they've been active), and I keep my card utilization at or below 10%

I use my credit to sell trade lines
Seeing my parents' marriage fall apart due to money made scared sh*tless of using credit. I have a card and a decent score by I only using the credit card if I have the cash to pay for whatever I'm purchasing. sh*t, I let my mom hold my credit card and have her pay what she owes. fu*k credit cards

2 weeks ago '05        #98
P-Hill|M 
space
space
Props total: 21983 21 K  Slaps total: 1709 1 K
 Neg Mwen said
Seeing my parents' marriage fall apart due to money made scared sh*tless of using credit. I have a card and a decent score by I only using the credit card if I have the cash to pay for whatever I'm purchasing. sh*t, I let my mom hold my credit card and have her pay what she owes. fu*k credit cards
Credit Cards can def cripple you.. it definitely hits college kids hard . I was anti credit card after I saw what they did to my cousin

You just gotta know how to use it and game the system. fu*k credit cards overall but your credit can open (or close) doors for you. Game the system and eat off their rewards

2 weeks ago '07        #99
Postradamus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 21752 21 K  Slaps total: 5867 5 K
America

1 week ago '12        #100
HeightsBound 
space
space
 SpyDa said
No, wait until it shows on your statement with a due date.

“Statement Balance”

You don’t have to let everything the statement balance, but let something hit and as long as you pay it off in full before or by the DUE DATE you will not be charged interest.
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  29
Eminem Exposes The Grammys...
49 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  21
Athletics pitcher and whistleblower Mike Fiers caught messing with a 17 ye..
94 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+23online now  13
Video inside Jan 25 - People are falling DEAD in the streets of 武汉..
325 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+44online now  4
Image(s) inside T.I. with the slick hand moves on Rihanna
63 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy