Jan 12 - Trump Tweets Out Support for Iranian Protesters—in Farsi

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '06        #1
228 page views
5 comments

RAZAH CUTS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
space
space
Props total: 50278 50 K  Slaps total: 7568 7 K
Jan 12 - Trump Tweets Out Support for Iranian Protesters—in Farsi

President Trump took to Twitter late Saturday to offer a message of solidarity with Iranian anti-government protesters—and he did it in Farsi. Usually known for his erratic capitalization and spelling mistakes on Twitter, the president made waves with the tweet, which was addressed to the “long-suffering people of Iran” and came after protests erupted in Tehran following Iran’s admission that it mistakenly shot down a Ukrainian passenger plane and k*lled all 176 people on board.

“I've stood with you since the beginning of my Presidency, and my Administration will continue to stand with you,” Trump said. “We are following your protests closely, and are inspired by your courage.”

Trump sent out two Farsi-language tweets on the protests, both accompanied by their English translations. In addition to expressing support for the protesters, the president also called on Iran to allow “human rights groups to monitor” the demonstrations and warned against “another massacre of peaceful protesters.”

The tweets come after protests erupted Saturday in Tehran, with thousands taking to the streets to demand government officials and even the Supreme Leader step down over the downed plane.

Iran’s armed forces announced early Saturday that its military had accidentally shot down Ukrainian International Airlines Flight 752 after it was mistaken for a “hostile target” when it went towards a “sensitive military center” of the Revolutionary Guard. The plane was shot down amid heightened tensions between Washington and Tehran, and just hours after Iranian forces fired missiles at Iraqi bases housing U.S. troops in retaliation for the American airstrike that k*lled top Iranian general Qassem Soleimani.

Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif said in a tweet that “human error at time of crisis caused by U.S. adventurism led to disaster,” according to an internal investigation by the Armed Forces.

Trump did not immediately respond to the thinly veiled jab by Zarif, and he spent much of the day on Saturday tweeting about his approval rating, his border wall, and the shortcomings of his political opponents before chiming in on the growing protests in Tehran.

His stern tone and Farsi-language tweets seemed a far cry from his warning to Iran just a week ago that the U.S. was ready to strike 52 sites in the country—including those “important to Iranian culture”—if any American a*sets were damaged or harmed.

Many on social media also questioned the sincerity of Trump’s tweets, noting that he had banned all Iranians from entering the United States during the first month of his presidency as part of an executive order widely known as the “Muslim ban.”

The Trump administration later updated the order to allow Iranians with student visas or cultural exchange visas into the country, but the a*sociated Press reported yesterday that the White House is currently considering an expansion of the ban.

visit this link https://www.thedailybeast .. farsi?ref=home
+1   

best
worst
5 comments

2 weeks ago '07        #2
Bighempin of QM 
space
space
Props total: 7586 7 K  Slaps total: 1633 1 K
1953 all over again! History really repeats it's self man. Slavery next yo!

2 weeks ago '07        #3
yolaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 21102 21 K  Slaps total: 1762 1 K
“I've stood with you since the beginning of my Presidency, and my Administration will continue to stand with you,” Trump said. “We are following your protests closely, and are inspired by your courage.”

Trump says he stands with Iranians amid anti-government protests. But he's barred them from US travel, threatened to bomb their cultural sites, and mocked the way they dress.

President Donald Trump is expressing support for Iranian protesters as they flood the streets in outrage over their government's shooting down a passenger plane and k*lling 176 people, including dozens of Iranians.

Trump has warned Iran against k*lling protesters amid reports of violent crackdowns.

This has all occurred in the wake of Trump's order for a drone strike that k*lled Iran's top general.

As Trump offers rhetorical support for Iranians, his administration continues to bar them from traveling to the US.

The Trump administration has also crippled Iran's economy with harsh sanctions that have in many ways hit regular Iranians the hardest.

2 weeks ago '18        #4
danneywilliams  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 11263 11 K  Slaps total: 12241 12 K
Oh noes Trump hates Moooslims!

That's the contractor that was k*lled, btw. I wonder why he wasn't blasted all across the media.
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #5
Elvis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 5766 5 K  Slaps total: 3599 3 K
Inb4 the weirdo liberals come in here with their TDS routine.

2 weeks ago '07        #6
yolaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 21102 21 K  Slaps total: 1762 1 K
As of 2012, an average of 27% of Internet sites were blocked at a given time and as of 2013 almost 50% of the top 500 visited websites worldwide were blocked, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Blogger.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  30
Eminem Exposes The Grammys...
49 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  18
Athletics pitcher and whistleblower Mike Fiers caught messing with a 17 ye..
94 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+23online now  15
Video inside Jan 25 - People are falling DEAD in the streets of 武汉..
325 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+44online now  5
Image(s) inside T.I. with the slick hand moves on Rihanna
63 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy