Guilty Gear -Strive- Starter Guides

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

8 months ago '05        #26
Chuck_Remixed  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
Props total: 16620 16 K  Slaps total: 703 703
Not a character related bump but

I want this in -Strive-
+1   

6 months ago '05        #27
Some changes discovered in the location test

Some character nerfs and buffs.Etc.

Now looking like 3 out 5 rounds. New dramatic/visual effect for Overdrive k*lls. Etc.
+1   

6 months ago '17        #28
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 80607 80 K  Slaps total: 28156 28 K
Cant wait for this one.

Anyone know if they completely done with Blazblue?

6 months ago '05        #29
 SPdaGOAT said
Cant wait for this one.

Anyone know if they completely done with Blazblue?
Nah they aren't despite where the storyline is. It will show up at some point in the future.
+1   

6 months ago '05        #30

Download available May 7th. Everyone announced so far is available to play. Changes from the previous beta in the link

+1   

6 months ago '12        #31
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 183650 183 K  Slaps total: 10728 10 K
 Chuck_Remixed said

Download available May 7th. Everyone announced so far is available to play. Changes from the previous beta in the link

Appreciate you keeping this thread goin brudda

I can't wait for that beta, i need this game

Ever since that first beta I been waiting for this like mad
+1   

5 months ago '05        #32

one more day
+2   

5 months ago '05        #33

+2   

5 months ago '17        #34
JayDaKid 
Props total: 1182 1 K  Slaps total: 22 22
I'm hype to try out Anji and I-No tonight! mostly I-No though she looks like my type of character
+1   

5 months ago '05        #35
Been at for 3 hours(mostly trainining mode). Man the struggle is real trying to play this on DualSense, i've been playing with my Hori f*ghting Commander for 4 years so playing without it is difficult right now.
+1   

5 months ago '17        #36
JayDaKid 
Props total: 1182 1 K  Slaps total: 22 22
 Chuck_Remixed said
Been at for 3 hours(mostly trainining mode). Man the struggle is real trying to play this on DualSense, i've been playing with my Hori f*ghting Commander for 4 years so playing without it is difficult right now.
I feel you, I got used to the f*ghting Commander 4 for DBZ and to this day can''t play the same on stick or pad.
+1   

5 months ago '05        #37
This beta(Open beta 2) although was till fun, is worse than the last one to me. I feel the movement nerf hurts the game even more now. Characters getting nerfed and doing even less than before. That's unlike more so Sol who looks like a GG character while half of the roster is trying to be a character from a different game series. Sadly idunno what they are going to do, they seems to hell bent on it being this way. I did my survey, here's to hoping they get the message, but I don't think they will. They'll probably just nerf Sol instead lol. Here's a great video from Sajam showing why Sol is more enjoyable to play vs half of the cast and what some of the goals should be in making the characters better.

Last edited by Chuck_Remixed; 05-17-2021 at 12:48 AM..
+1   

5 months ago '04        #38
kulabear 
Props total: 2052 2 K  Slaps total: 434 434
 Chuck_Remixed said
This beta(Open beta 2) although was till fun, is worse than the last one to me. I feel the movement nerf hurts the game even more now. Characters getting nerfed and doing even less than before. That's unlike more so Sol who looks like a GG character while half of the roster is trying to be a character from a different game series. Sadly idunno what they are going to do, they seems to hell bent on it being this way. I did my survey, here's to hoping they get the message, but I don't think they will. They'll probably just nerf Sol instead lol. Here's a great video from Sajam showing why Sol is more enjoyable to play vs half of the cast and some of the goals should be in making the characters better.

I mained Nago in both beta so far cause none of my characters(Slayer, Testament, Johnny) made the roster. It felt like Nago went from high reward/high reward to high risk/minor rewards. I couldn't even do one of his bnbs without going into bloodrage. It seriously felt like 5 specials = bloodrage. I was legit scared to try to combo outside of his S S S auto combo.

I ragequit on the second day and went and play the PSO2:New Genesis beta.
+1   

5 months ago '17        #39
Here4theday 
Props total: 11055 11 K  Slaps total: 1404 1 K
The BETA is out right now?

5 months ago '04        #40
kulabear 
 Here4theday said
The BETA is out right now?
Nah it's gone ran over the weekend.
+1   

5 months ago '08        #41
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 36667 36 K  Slaps total: 2880 2 K
 kulabear said
I mained Nago in both beta so far cause none of my characters(Slayer, Testament, Johnny) made the roster. It felt like Nago went from high reward/high reward to high risk/minor rewards. I couldn't even do one of his bnbs without going into bloodrage. It seriously felt like 5 specials = bloodrage. I was legit scared to try to combo outside of his S S S auto combo.

I ragequit on the second day and went and play the PSO2:New Genesis beta.
This is me playing. I am by no means good as I didn’t put much time in but you HAVE to command grab bite to go ham now. The command grab takes off almost as much as a grab too so it’s damn deadly

+1   

5 months ago '04        #42
kulabear 
 Kewop Decam said
This is me playing. I am by no means good as I didn’t put much time in but you HAVE to command grab bite to go ham now. The command grab takes off almost as much as a grab too so it’s damn deadly

Hitting the grab isn't the issue, its going into bloodrage off a half done bnb combo and not getting the damage that the others can get for a tenth of the effort. How fast the blood gauge drains after bloodsucking universe now is also terrible. You used to be able to spam your abilities in the first beta after a bite now you go right back to 5 moves and you bloodrage. This popped up on my feed today.

5 months ago '08        #43
 kulabear said
Hitting the grab isn't the issue, its going into bloodrage off a half done bnb combo and not getting the damage that the others can get for a tenth of the effort. How fast the blood gauge drains after bloodsucking universe now is also terrible. You used to be able to spam your abilities in the first beta after a bite now you go right back to 5 moves and you bloodrage. This popped up on my feed today.

Yea, what I am saying is do the grab FIRST. Then you get like 10 seconds to go ham with no blood gauge movement.

5 months ago '04        #44
kulabear 
 Kewop Decam said
Yea, what I am saying is do the grab FIRST. Then you get like 10 seconds to go ham with no blood gauge movement.
Nah you used to get that in the first beta, you don't get it in the second one. You get at most 3 seconds which is smh. The blood gauge drains ridiculously fast now.

5 months ago '08        #45
 kulabear said
Nah you used to get that in the first beta, you don't get it in the second one. You get at most 3 seconds which is smh. The blood gauge drains ridiculously fast now.
Yes you do. You can literally see it in the video I posted. That's the beta from this weekend. Bite, do whatever, it starts to build later but in the middle of all that, do the bite again.

His moves let you got stupid ham which is why there's that balance. You just have to keep biting.

5 months ago '04        #46
kulabear 
 Kewop Decam said
Yes you do. You can literally see it in the video I posted. That's the beta from this weekend. Bite, do whatever, it starts to build later but in the middle of all that, do the bite again.

His moves let you got stupid ham which is why there's that balance. You just have to keep biting.
Your video blood gauge was up about 4/5ths. You hit bloodsucking universe and it lasted about 3 seconds at max. Not even enough time to do a bnb. Nago got nerfed into the ground this beta. He was already considered a bad character in the first beta and now hes damn near a joke.

Mean while you have sh*t like May dolphins being safe and spammable.

5 months ago '05        #47
Following the Sajam video, Max's issues(similar but talks about other stuff).

+1   

5 months ago '20        #48
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 61267 61 K  Slaps total: 4578 4 K
I’m just going to watch people play this on YouTube on my Xbox, and hold my controller so I can feel like I’m actually playing.

+1   

5 months ago '08        #49
gagethedesigner 
Props total: 2378 2 K  Slaps total: 451 451
Just to parrot Max. I didn't touch him during either beta but Sol for sure looks like he actually has options with his combos, the entire cast needs to be like that. I played Anji the the whole time this time around and although I had fun playing him, I was definitely doing the same 2-3 combos over and over again.
+1   

5 months ago '05        #50

-Talks about the goals of -Strive-
-Difficulties of development due to covid
-Modes and features cut due to it(but will be added post launch)
-Tag mode looks to be added outside of arcade mode at some point
-Although the version are similar outside of resolution, PS5/PC enjoy faster loading. Also they're considering adding unique mode that takes advantage of the PS5's specs post launch.
-PC version(Steam) will have it's own graphics options that can be set to support various pc specs
-Working on accessibility options for people with vision problems but the bulk of it will come post launch.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  30
Image(s) inside Nat turnher has his own podcast , and he is dropping gems
117 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+19online now  24
2022 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
51 comments