Off set , Says hip hop is black culture

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+71  86
90 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+76  50
72 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 weeks ago '17        #151
Mario Chalmers 
space
space
Props total: 3091 3 K  Slaps total: 1120 1 K
 RubbahBandMane said
Man y'all cats stay saying stupid sh*t on here
He’s right though.

2 weeks ago '17        #152
Pythagoras 
space
space
space
Props total: 7812 7 K  Slaps total: 1941 1 K
 AlienGod said
Yea Hip Hop is black culture, just like it is white culture, latino culture, asian culture, indian culture etc hiphop is a multiracial global culture. it doesn't belong to any race and those are the facts.

all this hiphop is solely black culture is non sense. hiphop is supposedly black culture but yet again white people are the main engine of this industry. they have been the main consumers of hiphop music since the beginning. if white people today all said '' fu*k hiphop, we dont fu*k with that sh*t anymore, the whole industry will collapse.

who ya think was buying up all these albums?, when you go to a festival who the fu*k do you see? who you think is signing up to all these streaming services? who you think was buying up all these song in iTunes? who you think are the ones that actually putting money in Off Set''s pocket so he could live the lifestyle that he currently lives? WHITE PEOPLE

ya cant say that hiphop is black culture but yet again you not the main consumers of it and that is a fact. hiphop is a global culture. deal with it
Spending money on something driven by a different culture doesn't mean it's your culture or you drive the art form. It just means you allowed the art form to be more lucrative for those involved. This is a horribly stupid take.

2 weeks ago '19        #153
satchseven 
space
space
space
Props total: 2080 2 K  Slaps total: 742 742
On the real way too many black men overly worry about this sh*t, music should just be for entertainment not a fu*king lifestyle or culture.

2 weeks ago '13        #154
gow 
space
space
Props total: 1167 1 K  Slaps total: 733 733

+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #155
FakeGucci 
space
space
space
Props total: 63 63  Slaps total: 3 3
Is this in reference to the NoName interview everyone was going crazy over?

2 weeks ago '17        #156
Pythagoras 
space
space
space
Props total: 7812 7 K  Slaps total: 1941 1 K
 satchseven said
On the real way too many black men overly worry about this sh*t, music should just be for entertainment not a fu*king lifestyle or culture.
There's some truth to this. But it's valid to never let ppl forget who created and drive hip-hop. We let whites forget we created Rock. Every once in a while there's some validity in reminding them.

2 weeks ago '09        #157
GREAT1NE 
space
space
Props total: 3664 3 K  Slaps total: 473 473
 Pythagoras said
Jay Z a billionaire, Diddy nearing billionaire status, Dre nearing. Meanwhile Lyor listed at $75 million - not a small amount by any means but no where near Dre or Jay. This site needs to stop the Lyor boogeyman God of hip-hop bullsh*t. He was a record executive aka an employee. Dude didn't even own a label like Jay Prince or Master P or Baby or the aforementioned.
Haha. I just enjoy the joke

2 weeks ago '11        #158
gnelsonq09 
space
space
space
Props total: 1011 1 K  Slaps total: 115 115
SOUL is Black Culture!
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #159
satchseven 
space
space
space
Props total: 2080 2 K  Slaps total: 742 742
[quote=Pythagoras;51336898]There's some truth to this. But it's valid to never let ppl forget who created and drive hip-hop. We let whites forget we created Rock. Every once in a while there's some validity in reminding them.[. But you ever notice they never expose young black males to any other black music

2 weeks ago '17        #160
Mario Chalmers 
space
space
 RubbahBandMane said
So you mean to tell me that all the black people that gave the Migos their first fan base just all of a sudden disappeared? Have you ever even been to the South to say some sh*t like that?
Nah they probably still there...but they’re just a spec in the dirt now. Migos is every white college kids favorite rapper. They’re also every white, middle aged, soon to be mother’s favorite rap group. If you think the handful of people who brought Migos onto the map compare to the millions upon millions of white people worldwide who LOVE the Migos, then you’re just delusional.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #161
Proffesor X 
space
space
Props total: 25782 25 K  Slaps total: 5503 5 K
 BadIntentionz said
ignorant to say imo
hip hop is bigger then race
no one owns it
hip hop is global
if anything it would be more accurate to say hiphop is hood culture
hoods all around the world understand
everything any rapper ever spoke was hood sh*t or hood stories
and if not it was bragging and boasting what they got or what they do
either way its hood culture
people of all colors in hoods doing the same sh*t
acting the same way
Ive yet to see an Australian, European, African, Asian set a global trend for the culture, even in America no other race has set global trends in regards to dress, slang, style or business. So when you are making these statements I need you to keep it a buck and tell me what other demographic sets world wide trends that STICK in this culture. I mean Asian and White kids wearing durags..........really?

If you love the culture so much why is it so hard to give black American thier just due in regards too it?

2 weeks ago '18        #162
Proffesor X 
space
space
 RubbahBandMane said
Nah you're delusional if you think that it's a 90% percentile of white fans compared to all the other races in America that like Migos. I'll ask you again have you ever been to the South to agree with that? Y'all dudes have to be sheltered and in a bubble.
In other words what you meant to say

But I'm black and I like Migos, so I am offended by the insinuation that the group I fu*ks with heavily liked by white people, especially considering I am so pro black.

I think they suck as artist, but I will agree with you they have a much larger fan base then just white Americans........they are worldwide stars and I remember seeing a video of them performing in Africa and the crowd was going ape sh*t to Bad and Boogie
+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #163
FP1305 
space
space
Props total: 2062 2 K  Slaps total: 223 223
 Tacko Fallspaus said
IF NAS would of said this this would be a dope debate...but offset said it...offset don't even represent hip hop wtf lol

2 weeks ago '18        #164
Proffesor X 
space
space
 RubbahBandMane said
I dont like their new music but when they were on Young Rich n*ggas wave I was rocking with them. I saw how they came up. What I'm upset about is white people stay trying to act like they're the majority in everything when it's not true.

Truly white people are the minority on this planet. And they are not the main consumers of my people's music.
Oh they are the main consumers, probably not the main supporters........but they definitely consume, Concerts are usually packed with white audiences, merch, cd's, streams..........all can be attributed to mostly white hiphop enthusiast. Which is okay........that's not a bad thing at all........that's how all these artist make their millions.......and the genre is universal........but I get what you are saying to some degree, the aspect of taking ownership........however they can have the Migos and the rest of these trashcan do it for the gram a*s n*ggas...........
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #165
Mario Chalmers 
space
space
 RubbahBandMane said
Nah you're delusional if you think that it's a 90% percentile of white fans compared to all the other races in America that like Migos. I'll ask you again have you ever been to the South to agree with that? Y'all dudes have to be sheltered and in a bubble.
How you going to call someone sheltered and in a bubble while basically admitting that your encapsulated in your little bubble called the “south”. Yes I’ve been to the south. I’ve been all over the place. You’re acting real crazy right now if you think think the Migos fan base is anywhere close to predominantly black.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #166
punchlineking 
space
space
space
Props total: 2359 2 K  Slaps total: 512 512
 sho 2010 said
Jew-ish run hiphop shutup
Culture and industry are two different things...

2 weeks ago '17        #167
punchlineking 
space
space
space
Props total: 2359 2 K  Slaps total: 512 512
 sho 2010 said
Hip hop been sold out a long time ago knock it off
False.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  21
People are fed up with the sky-high cost of smartphones
49 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+30online now  17
Scientists Found the Deepest Land on Earth Hiding Beneath Antarctica's Ice
180 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  15
Dec 13 - A 51-year-old man who violently attacked two children inside a Lodi T..
63 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+59online now  8
Image(s) inside Dame got it right but Choke broke it down about R.O.C. Nation
103 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy