KRS-1 Did The UNTHINKABLE To SCOTT LAROCK JR.

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
80 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 week ago '05        #51
blackninja 
space
space
Props total: 13415 13 K  Slaps total: 1303 1 K
If he is looking for his, he is looking for his. KRS 1 is not responsible for that and, aside from possibly pointing him in the right direction, can't help him,

He needs to find out what happened to his father's royalties and take up issue with the person who did not share them with him. Those royalties are LONG gone and some relative, most likely, got and spent them.

However, if KRS 1 owned the label and was responsible for royalties, aside from publishing, he might be accountable.

Last edited by blackninja; 12-03-2019 at 06:49 PM..
+4   

1 week ago '18        #52
milkdudz 
space
space
space
Props total: 1318 1 K  Slaps total: 906 906
 Clayton Nigsby said
I know exactly who he is. but why does his son expect him to keep looking after his family>?

you fail to answer. you went from inheritance to telling me the history of bdp

like I didn't already know that that met in a homeless shelter where Scott was a counsellor

d nice was the reason he died why doesn't the song ask d nice for money not mrs 1

but I wouldn't expect a young un like you to understand that

carry on ...
His father got gunned down at a time when his career was still riding. All the show money and sales money that was owed to Scott La Rock should've then went to Scott La Rock Jr, don't just dismiss it with they ad crappy deals because that's part of the problem too. I'm not caping for anyone, all I'm saying is he has a right to feel like he was robbed and the world owes him something... And any decent man in KRS 1 duty would look after the widow and the fatherless. That don't mean buy her a house and pay her rent, but at least be in the kids life, you see he has no problem with D-Nice, and all he said he did was check up on him....
Just because it happens too often don't mean we should just accept and settle with it, but I'm not trying to argue on the internet all day, especially with a blind troll
+1   

1 week ago '18        #53
milkdudz 
space
space
space
 Twotwenty said
Supposedly they really weren't getting money like that (I believe it)
I get it... Alot of artists from that era is now flat broke...all I'm saying is KRS could've at least been in his life and made sure he good. Any chance he gets he always pushes his philosophy and try to educate someone, why couldnt he look after shorty and guide him?
+4   

1 week ago '18        #54
milkdudz 
space
space
space
 Emperor85 said
why didn't D-Nice tell Scott La Rock jr that .....considering he was in constant contact with Scott La Rock jr ......oh yeh he was also the man that got his father k*lled over some bullsh*t ......why wasn't D-Nice supporting Scott La Rock jr and his fam, considering it was partially his fault
How you know D-Nice didn't tell him? One thing we do know is D-Nice still stays in communication with him and KRS deaded him as soon as his dad died. Support doesn't only have to be financially. From the interview he praised D-Nice for simply knocking on his door to see if he was good, KRS won't even do that.. all I'm saying is he is justified in the way he feels...
And come on cuz.... Hi did D-Nice get him k*lled? You talking as if he was set up
+3   

1 week ago '11        #55
BtMkRs 
space
space
Props total: 12000 12 K  Slaps total: 1285 1 K
He’s under no Real obligation .. but ethically he coulda been in little man life or Made sure those royalties helped his family .
He’s owed whatever Scott’s cut would be over 30 years
+2   

1 week ago '08        #56
EMER1TUS 
space
space
Props total: 23214 23 K  Slaps total: 4368 4 K
 milkdudz said
It's called an inheritance/ boost... As a whole urban folks dont know nothing about it, but every other nation does it... One generation passes something down to next generation to give them a headstart ad a f*ghting chance in life.
You’re absolutely right we as a race don’t do that

But I’m not expecting my Pops closest homie to look out for me when he pass, that ain’t his responsibility. Wed marks 12 years since my mom passed and I ain’t looked to nobody but my Pops for “help”

My moms left me and my bro an inheritance, but at no point was expecting her friends to help me and my bro like it was their responsibility. That f*ghting chance you talking about should come from your parents, not the friends of your parents. I’m not saying those friends shouldn’t help out, I’m just saying the expectation of them helping shouldn’t be there.

We need to learn how to stand on our own 2 instead of expecting hand outs. n*ggas still think Jay owe Dame something he don’t owe that man sh*t feel me. Our race is the only race where when somebody becomes successful other less successful people feel like it’s their duty to sit back and wait for the come up off the made man
+1   

1 week ago '17        #57
bmf24eva  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 6008 6 K  Slaps total: 2258 2 K
 milkdudz said
I'm not caping for anyone, all I'm saying is he has a right to feel like he was robbed and the world owes him something...

1 week ago '05        #58
Emperor85 
space
space
space
Props total: 10705 10 K  Slaps total: 2763 2 K
 milkdudz said
How you know D-Nice didn't tell him? One thing we do know is D-Nice still stays in communication with him and KRS deaded him as soon as his dad died. Support doesn't only have to be financially. From the interview he praised D-Nice for simply knocking on his door to see if he was good, KRS won't even do that.. all I'm saying is he is justified in the way he feels...
And come on cuz.... Hi did D-Nice get him k*lled? You talking as if he was set up
D-Nice got jumped over some dumb sh*t.... he phoned Scott, Scott rounded up his crew to go find the people that jumped D-Nice .....to apparently "squash the beef" ......they arrive at a project looking for the people that jumped D-Nice and thats when it all popped off and Scott got shot
+2   

1 week ago '06        #59
avp77 
space
space
space
Props total: 606 606  Slaps total: 225 225
how is it that n*ggas that read something on the internet think that they know something because the internet told them. if you weren't there you dont know anything .

1 week ago '04        #60
Twotwenty 
space
space
space
Props total: 5323 5 K  Slaps total: 466 466
 milkdudz said
I get it... Alot of artists from that era is now flat broke...all I'm saying is KRS could've at least been in his life and made sure he good. Any chance he gets he always pushes his philosophy and try to educate someone, why couldnt he look after shorty and guide him?
Agree 100% about that
+1   

1 week ago '18        #61
Dehone 
space
space
Props total: 16531 16 K  Slaps total: 710 710
 WestPittsburg said
How did Scott la rock pass? Wasn’t it some street sh*t
Over a bi*ch his friend got caught up with.
I believe. Scott died got sh*t trying to calm the situation. Real solid and selfless dude from the little I heard of him.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #62
FreeloadinRusty 
space
space
Props total: 7806 7 K  Slaps total: 866 866
 Rogmar said
Facts. Why can't people understand simple logic?
NOTHING said here was “facts”.

Scott owned ZERO LABELS.

THEY BOTH met at homeless shelter.

Scott died cuz D NICE was trapped in the wrong projects fu*king the wrong dudes bi*ch and instead of handling it dolo....he called Scott to come save him. When Scott came to get D, they shot thru the top of his car and k*lled him.

Stop with the revisionist history.

Scott Jr is owed NADA NARE A NUTTIN.

BOOTSTRAPS LIL n*gga.

+1   

1 week ago '18        #63
Clayton Nigsby 
space
space
space
Props total: 788 788  Slaps total: 350 350
 milkdudz said
His father got gunned down at a time when his career was still riding. All the show money and sales money that was owed to Scott La Rock should've then went to Scott La Rock Jr, don't just dismiss it with they ad crappy deals because that's part of the problem too. I'm not caping for anyone, all I'm saying is he has a right to feel like he was robbed and the world owes him something... And any decent man in KRS 1 duty would look after the widow and the fatherless. That don't mean buy her a house and pay her rent, but at least be in the kids life, you see he has no problem with D-Nice, and all he said he did was check up on him....
Just because it happens too often don't mean we should just accept and settle with it, but I'm not trying to argue on the internet all day, especially with a blind troll
d nice is making money djing. he's the reason his pops is dead yet he goes after the bigger name krs one

scott la rock is not owed money from krs shows and career after his death

bboy records owes both of them money

do u think rza is giving odb family money from shows etc

1 week ago '18        #64
milkdudz 
space
space
space
 Clayton Nigsby said
d nice is making money djing. he's the reason his pops is dead yet he goes after the bigger name krs one

scott la rock is not owed money from krs shows and career after his death

bboy records owes both of them money

do u think rza is giving odb family money from shows etc
You admit there was foul play financially, and your placing the blame on bboy records.... Ok fine, I concede to that

You don't think Scott La Rock as KRS's DJ wasn't making money along with him as they did shows and sold records? I'm not saying Scott Jr is entitled to the money KRS makes after his death... But his pops was successful at the time of his demise.... Where are the tokens of his success?? (You say blame bboy, fine I acknowledge that) doesn't mean KRS couldn't have been a male figure in his life, and that don't mean just suck it up and deal with it... Once again, a decent man would look after the widow and fatherless, you gotta be a selfish low life individual to say 'it ain't my responsibility', especially when this the man that looked out for you when you was homeless at a shelter he worked at... And the way he went out was defending his friend and putting his life on the line.... Just ask yourself, how would l you want your friends in your circle treat your fam if you passed away?

1 week ago '18        #65
milkdudz 
space
space
space
 EMER1TUS said
You’re absolutely right we as a race don’t do that

But I’m not expecting my Pops closest homie to look out for me when he pass, that ain’t his responsibility. Wed marks 12 years since my mom passed and I ain’t looked to nobody but my Pops for “help”

My moms left me and my bro an inheritance, but at no point was expecting her friends to help me and my bro like it was their responsibility. That f*ghting chance you talking about should come from your parents, not the friends of your parents. I’m not saying those friends shouldn’t help out, I’m just saying the expectation of them helping shouldn’t be there.

We need to learn how to stand on our own 2 instead of expecting hand outs. n*ggas still think Jay owe Dame something he don’t owe that man sh*t feel me. Our race is the only race where when somebody becomes successful other less successful people feel like it’s their duty to sit back and wait for the come up off the made man
You must've misunderstood me, I never said KRS was supposed to raise the child as if it was his own, support don't always have to be financial. He could've at least been present as a male figurein his corner to give advice and guide him on the right path... Yes an inheritance is supposed to be through heir, so all the money they was making at the time, where's the money that was allotted to his father?

And what you mean we're the only people that think successful ppl is supposed to look out? You don't see how Chinese businesses only do business with there own? Everybody at the 7-11 and gas stations for the most part are the same race, corporate America is also called white America.... Once gain, thats the way of the world, these nation's come to America, immediately get a business and all types of loans, and then send money back home to their country. Even the community look out for their own... But our ppl been trained to look out for sef...."Ay you gotta get yours, well fool I gotta get mines"

Last edited by milkdudz; 12-03-2019 at 12:59 PM..

1 week ago '17        #66
Rogmar 
space
space
space
Props total: 1495 1 K  Slaps total: 256 256
 FreeloadinRusty said
NOTHING said here was “facts”.

Scott owned ZERO LABELS.

THEY BOTH met at homeless shelter.

Scott died cuz D NICE was trapped in the wrong projects fu*king the wrong dudes bi*ch and instead of handling it dolo....he called Scott to come save him. When Scott came to get D, they shot thru the top of his car and k*lled him.

Stop with the revisionist history.

Scott Jr is owed NADA NARE A NUTTIN.

BOOTSTRAPS LIL n*gga.

So I guess there was also no royalties paid in those times? wasn't it a 50/50 split in terms of creativity or did KRS also do all of the production alongside writing all of the rhymes?

1 week ago '13        #67
gow 
space
space
Props total: 1124 1 K  Slaps total: 712 712
lets rap

7 days ago '16        #68
FreeloadinRusty 
space
space
Props total: 7806 7 K  Slaps total: 866 866
 Rogmar said
So I guess there was also no royalties paid in those times? wasn't it a 50/50 split in terms of creativity or did KRS also do all of the production alongside writing all of the rhymes?
Breh. Were u even ALIVE?

NOONE got their publishing back then. Why u think DE LA SOUL is crying on social media now?

NONE of those deals were residually lucrative.

Krs STILL has made NOT A DIME from CRIMINAL MINDED ALBUM.

Scott was already dead for By Any Means album.

AND SAMPLE CLEARANCES? LOL

ZERO MONEY.

Get a damn job, LaRock Jr.
+1   

7 days ago '17        #69
Willy Boban  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 43896 43 K  Slaps total: 11610 11 K
Krs could have thrown dude in the industry at a young age to learn the ropes from behind the scenes atleast.

7 days ago '18        #70
milkdudz 
space
space
space
 bmf24eva said

Tell me, how are you independent in 2019?

7 days ago '18        #71
Clayton Nigsby 
space
space
space
Props total: 788 788  Slaps total: 350 350
 milkdudz said
You admit there was foul play financially, and your placing the blame on bboy records.... Ok fine, I concede to that

You don't think Scott La Rock as KRS's DJ wasn't making money along with him as they did shows and sold records? I'm not saying Scott Jr is entitled to the money KRS makes after his death... But his pops was successful at the time of his demise.... Where are the tokens of his success?? (You say blame bboy, fine I acknowledge that) doesn't mean KRS couldn't have been a male figure in his life, and that don't mean just suck it up and deal with it... Once again, a decent man would look after the widow and fatherless, you gotta be a selfish low life individual to say 'it ain't my responsibility', especially when this the man that looked out for you when you was homeless at a shelter he worked at... And the way he went out was defending his friend and putting his life on the line.... Just ask yourself, how would l you want your friends in your circle treat your fam if you passed away?
I would make sure my family is good not rely on another man who has his own family

the financial problems affected krs1 too u can't expect him to pay family for future shows that weren't even booked yet ... thats crazy

7 days ago '15        #72
pwatkinsmd 
space
space
Props total: 1748 1 K  Slaps total: 231 231
 Clayton Nigsby said
my point exactly

d nice was the reason his pops died
d nice was hollering at some chick who had a man,,, dude fired at the jeep, and it hit scot la rock

7 days ago '18        #73
milkdudz 
space
space
space
 Clayton Nigsby said
I would make sure my family is good not rely on another man who has his own family

the financial problems affected krs1 too u can't expect him to pay family for future shows that weren't even booked yet ... thats crazy
#1 how can you make sure your family is good, when you have an untimely death? His son didn't even reach a full year yet...
#2 for the umpteenth time, I never said KRS had to spend his money on anything, but to not even wish the kid happy birthday, or tell him how to talk to women... Just being a male figure in the kids life, someone to look up to and talk too...
#3 I never said anything about future show money.... I was talking about the shows that Scott was present and alive for. He died while his career was still rising.... So if he had money in the bank, where's it at? If the money was in a shoe box, if the money was stashed, where's it at? Scott Jr has every right to feel cheated

7 days ago '15        #74
Teddy KGB 
space
space
Props total: 57801 57 K  Slaps total: 7546 7 K
 milkdudz said
Scott La Rock was the one that put KRS 1 on when he was homeless... KRS was an act on Scott's record company, what happened to the money that Scott La Rock had?

Nvr mind, your name is Clayton Bigsby, I don't expect you to understand
So his dad put KRS One on, and that means he owes his son something?

7 days ago '18        #75
milkdudz 
space
space
space
 Teddy KGB said
So his dad put KRS One on, and that means he owes his son something?
Yes...love

2 Timothy 3:1-2
[1]This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
[2]For men shall be lovers of their own selves...
Matthew 24:12
[12]And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-41online now  36
Juice wrld sold his soul to the devil (with proof)
195 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+19online now  28
Dec 9 -These H0es Ain’t Loyal! Ivanka Trump KNEW Christopher Pee Pee Tape Stee..
34 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside Debbie Allen discusses why Lisa Bonet left "A Different World" - EMMYTV..
72 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  13
Patriots Release Statement
113 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy