If we’re made in God’s image does he have humor ???

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section Interesting ...

New replies show every 20 seconds
 2 weeks ago '11        #26
Blinx 182 
Props total: 8200 8 K  Slaps total: 2527 2 K
 faceoffizhere said
John 10:34
Jesus replied, "Is it not written in your Law: 'I have said you are gods'?
The word “god” there is translated from the word אלהים “elohim”, which was used to refer to God, false gods (man-made figurines), and human beings. For example:
Exodus 21
6 then his master must take him before the judges. He shall take him to the door or the doorpost and pierce his ear with an awl. Then he will be his servant for life.

ו וְהִגִּישׁוֹ אֲדֹנָיו, אֶל-הָאֱלֹהִים, וְהִגִּישׁוֹ אֶל-הַדֶּלֶת, אוֹ אֶל-הַמְּזוּזָה; וְרָצַע אֲדֹנָיו אֶת-אָזְנוֹ בַּמַּרְצֵעַ, וַעֲבָדוֹ לְעֹלָם. {ס}
The word judges there is translated from האלהים. Another example:
Exodus 7
1 Then the LORD said to Moses, “See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet.

א וַיֹּאמֶר יְהוָה אֶל-מֹשֶׁה, רְאֵה נְתַתִּיךָ אֱלֹהִים לְפַרְעֹה; וְאַהֲרֹן אָחִיךָ, יִהְיֶה נְבִיאֶךָ.
Moses was made “elohim” meaning he was given authority over the pharaoh. All humans in general are “elohim” because mankind was given authority to rule over the animals (Genesis 1). The visible behavior or “image” of the animals was described: creatures that crawl, creatures that fly, creatures that swarm in water etc. The visible behavior of humans is to simulate God on earth, and this is very specific.
+1   

New replies show every 20 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+91online now  43
Kwame Brown goes off on Gilbert Arenas & Stephen Jackson for clowning him
278 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+19online now  26