Sep 11 - Michael Jordan Donates $1 Million To Hurricane Relief In The Bahamas

most viewed right now
+35  121
30 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 week ago '10        #1
132 page views
5 comments

Bandito  282 heat pts282
space
space
space
$10,126 | Props total: 27157 27157
Sep 11 - Michael Jordan Donates $1 Million To Hurricane Relief In The Bahamas

The Bahamas were ravaged by Hurricane Dorian, but recovery efforts are getting a boost thanks to an NBA legend's huge donation.

Former Chicago Bulls star Michael Jordan announced on Tuesday he will donate a whopping $1 million to relief efforts in the Bahamas.

"I am devastated to see the destruction that Hurricane Dorian has brought to the Bahamas, where I own property and visit frequently," Jordan said in a statement, shared on Twitter by his spokeswoman and manager, Estee Portnoy. "My heart goes out to everyone who is suffering and those who have lost loved ones."

Jordan said he will continue to monitor the situation in the Bahamas and will choose non-profits where his funds will have the most impact.

This is not the first time Jordan has pitched in to help hurricane relief efforts. He gave even more money and time after Hurricane Florence hit his home state of North Carolina last year.

The NBA all-star surprised residents of his hometown, Wilmington, by handing out Thanksgiving food and shoes, CBS Chicago reported. As the owner of the Charlotte Hornets, he also got the team involved in filling relief boxes in Charlotte that were shipped to areas affected by the storms.

Jordan also donated a total of $2 million to the Red Cross and the Foundation for the Carolinas' Hurricane Florence Response Fund.

https://www.cbsnews.com/n .. -after-storm/#
+2   

best
worst
5 comments

1 week ago '11        #2
Sin  2271 heat pts2271
space
space
$33,932 | Props total: 106146 106146
That’s crazy he donated the same amount as Disney
+1   

1 week ago '10        #3
Bandito  282 heat pts282 OP
space
space
space
$10,126 | Props total: 27157 27157
 Sin said
That’s crazy he donated the same amount as Disney
A company like Disney has to have priorities. They gave trump's campaign $5 million in 2016. They need to make sure they got enough for his 2020 campaign. Got to keep those corporate tax rates low.

Speaking of trump, to make him look good, his followers have been spreading fake news.

Donald Trump didn’t donate $1 million to Hurricane Dorian victims in the Bahamas

President Donald Trump has caught flack over the past few weeks for what he’s said about Hurricane Dorian, wrongly claiming it was targeting Alabama. Meanwhile, some Facebook users have fabricated a more positive storyline about the president and the storm.

One post, published Sept. 8, claims that Trump has donated $1 million to "the relief fund" for the Bahamas, which have been devastated by Dorian.

The image, which shows small vignettes of Trump and what appears to be hurricane damage on a blue background, was posted in a group dedicated to the QAnon conspiracy theory.

The post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. And it has been shared several hundred times in several different formats, so we wanted to check it out.

We reached out to the Facebook user who shared the post to see where they got it, but we haven’t heard back.

I'm surprised one of his followers didn't post that on here. It goes with their stories about the wall being built, the US "winning" the trade war with China and ISIS being defeated. Can't wait to see what amazing feats they are going to claim trump has accomplished next.
+1   

1 week ago '11        #4
Sin  2271 heat pts2271
space
space
$33,932 | Props total: 106146 106146
 Bandito said
A company like Disney has to have priorities. They gave trump's campaign $5 million in 2016. They need to make sure they got enough for his 2020 campaign. Got to keep those corporate tax rates low.

Speaking of trump, to make him look good, his followers have been spreading fake news.

Donald Trump didn’t donate $1 million to Hurricane Dorian victims in the Bahamas

I'm surprised one of his followers didn't post that on here. It goes with their stories about the wall being built, the US "winning" the trade war with China and ISIS being defeated. Can't wait to see what amazing feats they are going to claim trump has accomplished next.
I’m still waiting for him to cure child cancer and aid like he promised in July

+1   

1 week ago '05        #5
Dun Language  4469 heat pts4469
space
space
$87,066 | Props total: 68184 68184
I like the charles Barkley approach oppose to just handing money over and not seeing what's made of it.

1 week ago '16        #6
BathWaterMelody  61 heat pts61
space
space
$9,458 | Props total: 34427 34427
damn.
a cool mil, huh?

that's dope.

cuz for a while now, I thought he didn't like n*ggas
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  31
Sep 17 - Swimmer Disqualified Because School-Issued Swimsuit Broke Modesty Rule
158 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+100online now  30
When u just want your sick ducked....
79 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside DAY 2: 6ix9ine SNITCHING On The Stand Right Now! | Live Updates Inside!
417 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  16
Sep 18 - Adult film star Jessica Jaymes is dead at the age of 43
104 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy